Secret Mission…Accomplished!

by Courtney on February 26, 2011

Hehehe, sorry to keep you all in suspense this morning…I just couldn’t help myself.

Ok, so the secret mission got started once our friends Joe & Kate arrived at our house this morning. The boys had their own plans for the day, we got our day started with a trip to the Farmers Market.

I actually didn’t find much worth buying today, and only walked out with a couple ciabatta rolls for the hubby. But that’s ok, because the Farmers Market trip was really only a cover up for the REAL secret

Our boys treated us to a mani-pedi’s today!! Open-mouthed smile

So the “secret mission” was actually me getting Kate to the nail salon, because it was a complete surprise for her. Joe had asked me earlier in the week if I might be able to help him get her there, which in turn, got me in on the deal too. Saweeeet!

We realized once we got in the car that we pretty much chose the same polish colors. Great minds think alike. Winking smile In case you’re wondering, the nail color I chose was “Boris & Natasha” by O.P.I.

The two of us definitely had a great time and left feeling thoroughly relaxed!

But that wasn’t the end to our day…next up was a lunch date with the boys at Olive Garden! Open-mouthed smile

As I’ve mentioned before, I usually try to avoid chain restaurants, but Olive Garden will always be one of my favorites. It’s just so good.

I mean, really, how can you pass up the unlimited salad and breadsticks???

I doubled up on my portion or salad and definitely treated myself to two breadsticks. YUMM!

For my actual lunch, I ordered the Asiago Ravioli with Chicken, which was asiago-cheese filled artisanal ravioli tossed with chicken, peppers, mushrooms, and caramelized onions in a creamy white wine sauce.

It was pretty tasty, but a little heavy than what I’m used to for lunch, so I probably ate a little more than half before calling it quits. But of course, that doesn’t mean I didn’t leave room for dessert. Check out these little cuties!

I looooove me some mini desserts! My choice was the Amaretto Tiramisu with Almond Cookie Crumble.

Absolutely heavenly!!

It’s definitely been a great day, and we actually still have Joe & Kate here with us hanging out. We just finished watching The Other Guys (which wasn’t too bad…had its funny moments) and now we’ll see where the rest of the evening takes us! Smile

1 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) February 26, 2011 at 7:51 pm

That is SO cute!! And what a great surprise!! Your nails look lovely…in so jealous!! I’m in desperate need! :P

That dessert looks AMAZING!! Drool… :)
Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) recently posted..Chickpea love

2 Katy (The Singing Runner) February 26, 2011 at 7:53 pm

Awww! How fun!!! :) I wish I had pretty nails like yours! My nails are so brittle they break all the time! :(

3 Melissa February 26, 2011 at 8:06 pm

What a fun girls’ day! Love that! Glad you had such a nice Saturday! :D
Melissa recently posted..A Weird Day

4 erica February 26, 2011 at 8:39 pm

aw! what a fun “Secret mission!”
love that nail color! i’m going to have to go look for it!
erica recently posted..craptastic

5 Christina @ Food.Fun.Fabulous. February 26, 2011 at 8:48 pm

we might be going to Olive Garden tomorrow for my boyfriend’s sister’s birthday. I love that place too!
Christina @ Food.Fun.Fabulous. recently posted..A- B- C- Easy as 1- 2- 3

6 Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean February 26, 2011 at 9:18 pm

what a fun treat!!! boys are good for something aren’t they :)
Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean recently posted..Pudding Topped Brownies With Berries

7 Amanda February 26, 2011 at 9:33 pm

What gorgeous rings! Which hand is yours Courtney?

8 Courtney February 27, 2011 at 10:40 am

Thank You! I’m on the left. :)

9 Ally (oatsandspice) February 26, 2011 at 10:35 pm

I love the nailpolish color – so perfect! And you totally just made me crave an Olive Garden salad – yummmm :)
Ally (oatsandspice) recently posted..Friday Shenanigans WINNER

10 Jess@atasteofconfidence February 26, 2011 at 10:46 pm

yay for pretty nails! always makes me feel a bit better.
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..100th Post Giveaway

11 Emma February 27, 2011 at 7:17 am

What a lovely day! I’ve heard so much about Olive Garden. If I ever make it to the States I’ll definately pay a visit :-) Love the nails!
Emma recently posted..Very Berry Vegan Donuts and Fruity Friday -

12 Stacie February 27, 2011 at 10:50 am

Looks like the secret mission was a success! Love your nail polish color!
Stacie recently posted..Italian sushi

13 Thetreadmilldiaries February 27, 2011 at 11:28 am

Looks like such a fun day! Glad you all enjoyed it.
Thetreadmilldiaries recently posted..Making A Prime Rib Roast

14 Lindsay @ Brownies For Brunch February 27, 2011 at 4:09 pm

What a wonderful day! Your nails are beautiful, your lunch looked scrumptious, and that movie is hilarious! I wish all days could be like that one :-)

15 Amanda February 27, 2011 at 9:07 pm

I love that nail color! I think I might get a manicure now. ;)

P.S. those chairs look so comfy!
Amanda recently posted..Crushin’

16 CaSaundra March 3, 2011 at 10:21 am

Sounds like an amazing day! Nothing beats relaxation, shopping, and girlfriends! :-)