Healthy Baked Parmesan Chicken Tenders

by Courtney on February 27, 2011

I am absolutely giddy with excitement for two of my very good friends today! Open-mouthed smile

If you’ve been reading for a while, then Brook and Andrea probably look familiar to you…

Well, now Brook and Andrea’s twosome has become a threesome…

Welcome Baby Brody!!! Open-mouthed smile

The proud parents welcomed Baby Brody into the world at 7:26 yesterday evening. He was actually a month earlier than expected so he was just a little guy…only 5 pounds!

IMG_0652IMG_0653

I immediately had to get my hands on little Baby Brody. What a cutie, right??? Smile

So Jay and I were talking earlier about just how crazy technology has changed our way of life. Case in point…we found out yesterday afternoon that Andrea went into labor after checking none other than Facebook:

pic1

So then the two of us, along with our friends Joe & Kate, all immediately got on our phones and started responding and communicating with Brook…all while Brook and Andrea were at the hospital.

pic2

And soon enough, we found out when Brody arrived!

pic3

I mean, how cool is that?? The fact that we can get such immediate feedback on a major event like this nowadays is just crazy to me!

Congratulations Brook, Andrea, & Brody! Smile

**************

So after visiting Baby Brody, and then going grocery shopping, it was time to get crackin’ on dinner. Chicken tenders were on sale this week at our store, so we picked up a pack to make some healthy baked chicken tenders for tonight!

First, I got my ingredients together and ready for assembly.

The tenders took a dip into the wet ingredients, and then into the dry.

Now when cooking chicken tenders, there is one crucial element that you really need to do. Place a cooling rack that you would use for cookies on top of a typical baking sheet. This way, the tenders get crispy not only on the top, but also on the bottom too, and prevents that “mush” factor that often happens when they’re baked on a regular baking sheet. Smile

I am not hesitant to say that these were easily the best chicken tenders I have ever made…and they’re healthified to boot!

***************

The chicken came out incredibly moist and full of flavor!

I dipped one of my tenders in some honey mustard, but then decided I actually liked them better on their own; the flavor was that amazing!

Along with our chicken tenders, we cooked up some sweet potato “puffs,” drizzled in ketchup,

and some garlic steamed green beans.

‘Twas one fantastic Sunday dinner! Smile

Now it’s time to sit down and watch some red carpet before the Oscars start! I don’t know why, but I’m super excited to see Anne Hathaway and James Franco host tonight. Their previews make me laugh every time I see them!

Hope you’re all having a great end to your weekend! Smile

1 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey February 27, 2011 at 7:45 pm

What an adorable baby!!! I love all of his hair – he looks like he has a tiny faux hawk!! Congrats to your friend!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..five year time warp

2 Holly February 27, 2011 at 7:45 pm

Brody is a BEAUTIFUL baby boy!!
I’m SO happy for your friends! & a month early- wow! He looks great though :)
& those chicken fingers– YUM!! Love chicken fingers :) (&especially with honey mustard!)
Holly recently posted..Chocolate Cake Batter Pancakes

3 Blog is the New Black February 27, 2011 at 7:46 pm

Brody is a cutie! And those tenders look amazing. I love making baked tenders, esp covering them with buff sauce… yum!
Blog is the New Black recently posted..Rosemary Garlic Bread

4 fsugirl! February 27, 2011 at 7:51 pm

Ahhh so exciting!! What a cute baby!! Is it weird that I’ve been looking forward to the Oscars since January 1st? It’s even on my calendar… uh.. I need to get a life ;)

5 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries February 27, 2011 at 8:16 pm

What a precious baby!! I’m so ready to see Anne and James host! I’ve been watching the red carpet show for a while now – Halle Berry and Reese Witherspoon have been the best dressed on my list so far!
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..Sundays Are For…

6 Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean February 27, 2011 at 8:42 pm

this is my kinda meal!! looks so good. i LOVE baked chicken fingers
Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean recently posted..Pudding Topped Brownies With Berries

7 Melissa February 27, 2011 at 8:51 pm

What a precious little guy! Congrats to your friends! :)

I love doing chicken tenders like this! Jessica @How Sweet Eats has a bunch of different versions–you should check them out, too!
Melissa recently posted..The Stuff of Legends

8 Karen February 27, 2011 at 8:52 pm

Those chicken fingers look awesome! I never thought to use a cooling rack to cook chicken fingers…can’t wait to give that a try!
Karen recently posted..Buffalo Chicken Sloppy Joes

9 Katy (The Singing Runner) February 27, 2011 at 8:58 pm

AWWWWW what a sweetheart! :D Congratulations to them! :D

10 Kristen @ That Hoosier Girl February 27, 2011 at 9:00 pm

Awww! What a cutie!!! I’m so happy both momma and baby are doing well!

I LOVE chicken fingers for healthy weeknight meals – it’s on our menu plan for this week too…with none other than sweet potato fries :)
Kristen @ That Hoosier Girl recently posted..Good Morning Mama’s

11 Alexa @ SimpleEats February 27, 2011 at 10:30 pm

You know the way to my heart, girl.
Alexa @ SimpleEats recently posted..Learn Your ABC’s

12 Cute-Ella February 27, 2011 at 11:00 pm

Yay! Babies are always fun :)

Note to self, edit the helpful hint that includes the cooling rack trick before it gets posted. :)
Cute-Ella recently posted..A Childhood Favorite with a Twist- Italian Chicken

13 Kristin February 27, 2011 at 11:22 pm

Those chicken tenders look delicious! That would be a good way to make some eggplant parm too. Brody is adorable, congrats to your friends!
Kristin recently posted..Stuffy Saturday

14 Jess@atasteofconfidence February 27, 2011 at 11:50 pm

cute baby!
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..decisions- decisions

15 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine February 28, 2011 at 8:36 am

Awww yay congrats to your friends!! The birth of a new baby is always sooooo exciting :)
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Whipped!

16 Stacie February 28, 2011 at 8:44 am

Congrats to your friends on the new baby! It’s crazy how facebook can keep people connected on the most important events in our lives now.
Stacie recently posted..Italian sushi

17 Kelly February 28, 2011 at 10:19 am

Congrats to your friends…Brody is percious!!! :) Your recipe looks great too. I am currently sitting here about to head to the store to get our goods for the week and I am adding this onto our meal plan for the week…thanks!!

18 Courtney February 28, 2011 at 4:31 pm

You betcha! ;)

19 Alyssa Kuminski February 28, 2011 at 1:27 pm

Aw!! What an adorable baby :) I LOVE the name Brody..
So smart to cook them on a cooling rack! I hate the mushy bottoms..
Alyssa Kuminski recently posted..Quickie…

20 dena b February 28, 2011 at 1:45 pm

yummy chicken tenders.. can’t wait to make these

21 Erica February 28, 2011 at 2:29 pm

Hello Courtney! This dinner looks so fantastic! I want to it make tomorrow night for my family, I was wondering if you would PLEASE tell me how you make your garlic green beans and sweet potato “puffs”. Thank you so much!

22 Courtney February 28, 2011 at 4:34 pm

Hi Erica!
For the sweet potatoes…I sliced them first, then soaked them in water for about 30 mins. Then, I drizzled some EVOO, salt, pepper, garlic powder, & paprika. Next, place them on a baking sheet and cook for about 40 mins at 400 degrees, flipping halfway through.
For the green beans, my husband literally just takes the green beans and a clove of minced garlic, puts them in a tupperware container with a splash of water, and steams them in the microwave for about 3 mins.

23 Courtney March 1, 2011 at 7:31 pm

These fingers have been at the back of my mind (and top of my priority list, om nom) all week and I’m finally whippin em up for dinner tonight. Not that it matters much, but I was curious as to why you decided to use only the egg white and not a whole beaten egg? Just wondering, but nonetheless they look delish and I’ll let you know how they turn out!

24 Courtney March 1, 2011 at 10:21 pm

No specific reason in particular, really. Just decided to go with it! Hope they turn out yummy for you! :)

25 CaSaundra March 3, 2011 at 10:20 am

Aww so adorable–congrats to your friends! :-)

26 Geneva August 23, 2011 at 8:33 pm

I’ve been dying to trying this recipe since I started following your blog and tonight was my lucky night! Sooooo good!

27 Rachael Stout December 9, 2011 at 1:55 pm

What an adorable baby I LOVE the name Brody.. These fingers have been at the back of my mind (and top of my priority list, om nom) all week and I’m finally whippin em up for dinner tonight. I’m SO happy for your friends!
Rachael Stout recently posted..Arthritis Tips

28 Meagan Peterson September 29, 2012 at 1:39 pm

I never comment, but I made these yesterday and needed to tell you/your readers what a great recipe this was! I followed your recipe almost to a T – I didn’t have panko breadcrumbs, so I just used regular breadcrumbs. They were tender and juicy , an amazing addition to a comfort meal. Thanks so much for sharing!

29 Natalie Chaney May 24, 2014 at 10:57 am

My baby was five pounds when he was born too!! So glad I came across this recipe. Super excited to make this tonight