Queen of Combos

by Courtney on February 27, 2011

I love it when I get my butt in gear early enough for Sunday morning BodyPump! It just makes the rest of the day seem that much more productive for some reason.

I set my alarm and was up right on time to head out to the gym this morning. Before leaving, I was feeling a little hungry, so I snacked on half of an Arnold’s Sandwich Thin with peanut butter & banana slices.

Once I got to the gym and set up my equipment for class, I had exactly 17 minutes to spare, so I hopped on a treadmill and ran about 1.75 miles. I would have liked to have had more time, but such is life!

BodyPump was great today, and both the squat and lunge tracks that the instructor chose today were killerrrrrr. Surprised smile She also told us that she just received Release 77 in the mail this week, so we should be getting that one soon. Thank goodness!

After class, I made a quick pit stop for coffee. I know, I’ve been having quite a bit of coffee out, which is not very frugal of me, but we ran out and need to get more today. PLUS, today is my last day of vacation (<—insert enormous SIGH here) so it’s ok. Smile

Today’s coffee of choice was a combo of three flavors: Caramel Crème, White Chocolate Truffle, and Old Fashioned Sugar Cookie.

It’s actually the same combo I created yesterday, and it is just fantastic. I’m telling you, if you live anywhere near Flavour Café in Troy, you MUST check it out!

Once I got home, I made myself a delicious cereal combo bowl:

Quaker Oatmeal Squares + Multigrain Cheerios + Kashi Go Lean Crisp, with vanilla almond milk and more sliced banana.

Apparently, I’m really into combinations when it comes to my food and drink choices. Is that weird? Nahh, let’s just say I enjoy variety in my life. Winking smile

Time to go shower up and head out to take care of the grocery shopping for this week!

Question for the Day:

What are some of your favorite food and/or drink combos? (Maybe I’ll find some more to try out!) Winking smile

1 cait February 27, 2011 at 11:34 am

omg that coffee sounds delicious- i may have to see if i can come up with something like that ;) have a wonderful sunday dear! xo
cait recently posted..And the winner is

2 aubrey @ italktofood February 27, 2011 at 11:46 am

i love fruit with nut butters, chocolate with salty crunch and cereals like kashi go lean and granola!
aubrey @ italktofood recently posted..CLASSIC BUTTERMILK BISCUITS

3 J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) February 27, 2011 at 12:50 pm

I love all sorts of combos, too! Sweet and savory is usually a winning combination, like cheese and fruit spread or peanut butter and pretzels.
J3nn (Jenn’s Menu and Lifestyle Blog) recently posted..Great Grapes and Sandwiches

4 Emily February 27, 2011 at 12:54 pm

today is my last day of vacation too :( why do the weeks when you’re on vacation always go by the fastest??

YUM, that coffee combo sounds AMAZING! My favorite coffee combo is Dark Chocolate Raspberry with Mocha Nut Fudge (they serve the Green Mountain flavors in the campus center) and its always so tasty :) I definitely need to make my way over to Flavour Cafe at some point!
Emily recently posted..Something delicious

5 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles February 27, 2011 at 12:58 pm

That flavor combination sounds amazing! Enjoy the last day of your vacation!
Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles recently posted..Full Circle

6 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun February 27, 2011 at 1:05 pm

Right now I’m still loving my egg & blue cheese sandwiches. :)
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..Self-Love Reflection- Idolizing Our Bodies

7 Tara @ The Game of Life February 27, 2011 at 1:05 pm

I really like your cereal combo! I love to have pretzels with peanut butter, pretzels in greek yogurt, and I mix cascadian farm granola with kashi go lean crunch and kashi heart to heart cereal!
Tara @ The Game of Life recently posted..Improvements to my blog!

8 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine February 27, 2011 at 1:51 pm

I love combinations too :) If you’re looking for a cereal one, Kashi GoLean + Cheerios + strawberries + banana is always a personal favorite!
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Whipped!

9 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries February 27, 2011 at 1:56 pm

I love combos too! Mainly because I’m horribly indecisive :) My favorite cereal combo is quaker oatmeal squares, honey nut cheerios and Kashi Crisp topped with almond slivers and half a banana.
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..Sundays Are For…

10 Alexa @ SimpleEats February 27, 2011 at 2:26 pm

Cucumber slices + hummus…which I’m eating right now. Almonds in lemon yogurt!
Alexa @ SimpleEats recently posted..Learn Your ABC’s

11 fsugirl! February 27, 2011 at 2:56 pm

My fave combos? Chocolate & PB or wine & cheese! You choose ;) Have a GREAT last day of break! :D

12 Lauren @ Hungry Dancer February 27, 2011 at 3:53 pm

I have been loving the combo of sweet and spicy! Adding a little cayenne to something sweet changes everything!!!
Lauren @ Hungry Dancer recently posted..Sprouts!!

13 Ashlee February 27, 2011 at 4:05 pm

Here’s a tasty combo that I recently heard about…. but have yet to try… sounds like a good sandwich though.
-sandwich thin/bagel thin
-hummus (which I know you obviously love)
-honey mustard spread
-cheddar cheese, or pepper jack
-onions
-green/red peppers
I thought the mix of hummus and a honey mustard spread sounded good!

14 Olivia February 27, 2011 at 4:05 pm

Ohhh I have so many fave drink combos!! Have you ever had the soymilk at Starbucks? well for some reason I think it tastes like graham crackers, so I LOVE dipping chocolate covered graham crackers in there…so good! Your bodypump sounds awesome!
Olivia recently posted..Friday! And great eats!

15 Yena Hu February 27, 2011 at 5:31 pm

My favorite combo: red wine with Theo dark chocolate. Ahh so good.
Yena Hu recently posted..Sylvies Birthday Dinner

16 Emma February 27, 2011 at 6:26 pm

I’ve become a cereal combo queen since I met my boyfriend! We have a whole darn cupboard full of the stuff and it’s just soooo good to mix em all up and put berries on the top!
Emma recently posted..Very Berry Vegan Donuts and Fruity Friday -

17 Karen February 27, 2011 at 9:07 pm

I love having something sweet in my salads – like cranberries, raisins or other fruit- it adds an extra flavor element to an otherwise savory dish.
Karen recently posted..Buffalo Chicken Sloppy Joes

18 Amanda February 28, 2011 at 3:24 am

Is it wrong that I’m kinda glad you’re going back to work? I’ve been jealous of you on holiday this last week! Enjoy your last day x

19 Jardan February 28, 2011 at 3:54 am

I loooove rye bread + spread of avocado + smoked salmon + light sprinkling of sea salt + melted cheese MMMMMMMMMMMMM :)
Jardan recently posted..February 28- 2011