Let’s Talk Oscars

Hey guys! How’s your Monday been?? I missed blogging with you all this morning…boy how life changes when you’re back to work!

Even though I’m a little late to the game, I feel somewhat compelled to quickly mention some of my thoughts on last night’s Oscars.

• I was thrilled to see Natalie Portman win Best Actress (her role in Black Swan just amazed me) – and how gorgeous is she with her little baby belly?!?

source

• I wasn’t totally feelin’ Cate Blanchett’s dress…

source

• I LOVED Gwyneth Paltrow’s makeup and hair for the evening.

source

• I love Scarlett Johansson, but her dress reminded me of curtains, and her hair was a little too disheveled for Oscar night. Otherwise, I really like the new, shorter “do” on her!

source

• I thought Mila Kunis looked pretty…hubby thought she looked pretty hot. Winking smile

source

• I actually saw more of the Best Picture nominees than I thought:

Black Swan, Inception, The Social Network, Toy Story 3

• I still need to (and want to) see quite a few of the Best Picture nominees:

The Fighter, The King’s Speech, 127 Hours, The Kids Are All Right

I better get crackin’ on that list…are any of these in Redbox yet??? Smile

********************

Workout

Well, despite being a little bummed about heading back to reality today, I didn’t let it keep me from starting off on the right foot. I woke up nice and early for a date with my treadmill. We enjoyed a lovely 40 minutes together, covering a little over 4 miles. This morning’s run actually felt quite fantastic; MUCH better than last week’s run.

Breakfast happened on the way out the door and I didn’t snap any photos (I was too hungry to wait, and it included peanut butter so I couldn’t eat it at work). But it was another repeat from last week and was super delicious.

Lunch was a nice change of pace from my typical Monday lunches at work. I brought back an oldie but a goodie:

Spaghetti Squash! Smile

On Friday, I actually had this combo for dinner, but was left with a ton of leftovers, so I used some today, which included some leftover roasted zucchini, marinara sauce, low-fat ricotta cheese, and a leftover chicken tender from last night’s dinner.

I wish I thought to do this more often, because it’s SO GOOD!

Around 3:00, I was in need of a snack. I really wanted to reach into the candy stash at work, but instead, I grabbed my apple.

Yay for small victories. Winking smile

*****************

I’m on my own for dinner tonight, and not feeling particularly ambitious in the kitchen, so I’m thinking tonight may be a good PB & J sandwich kinda night. Sometimes, ya just gotta keep it simple, right?

Questions for the Evening:

What were some of your favorite fashion “hits & misses” on last night’s Oscars?

How many of the “Best Picture” nominees have you seen?

Comments

I LOVE Mila Kunis’ dress! And I agree she looks SO pretty (hot! 😉 )

I’ve seen Black Swan, Inception,Toy Story 3 and The King’s Speech (so quite a lot!!) but REALLY want to see the others too! The Social Network has been on my list for AGES!!
    Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) recently posted..Makes me happy

i loved mila’s dress! and i loved anne hathaway’s dress that she shimmied in…and mandy moore’s performance dress….

there was this one woman who won…i can’t remember for what, but her outfit —dress, hair, makeup was just all wrong for her. :(

i sadly have not seen ANY of those movies…i can’t even remember what the last movie i saw was!
    Erica recently posted..2 more days please!

I loved Jennifer Hudson’s dress (except for the chest part, she has too much hanging out). I also loved Michelle Williams hair and makeup.

I have seen all the movies except for Toy Story 3 and The King’s Speech. I really have to see The King’s Speech, especially now!
    Lauren recently posted..5 Things I Love Right Now

Mila Kunis and Natalie Portman were definitely two of my favorites too :) I also *loved* all of Anne Hathaway’s dresses that she got to wear while she was hosting. She looked amazing. I saw more movies than usual this year, but I’m sad I haven’t seen the King’s Speech yet, so I might have to treat myself to the movies this weekend 😀
    Emily recently posted..Molten Chocolate Cakes

Mila & Gwyneth were my favorites last night! Both looked completely gorg!

I saw Black Swan, Inception, and The King’s Speech. Of those 3, I honestly liked the King’s Speech the least . . . guess I’m not much of a movie critic!
    Melissa recently posted..The Stuff of Legends

I thought Natalie Portman looked so gorgeous. She makes such an adorable pregnant person. :)

Anne Hathaway’s red dress, I wasnt a fan of. It seems like Im the only person, but it was just too bright for her skin and I didnt like it at all.

I saw The Fighter, and LOVED it. I usually dont like the Oscar nominated movies, they’re just too intense for me, but The Fighter was amazing.
    I do want to see The Kids Are Alright though, that movie looks fantastic.
    Leah @ Why Deprive? recently posted..No One Ever Said Letting Go Was Easy

Loved Mila’s dress and though Halle Berry looked gorgeous. Didn’t like Scarlett’s dress at first but it grew on me. Also thought Penelope Cruz and Gwyneth Paltrow looked gorgeous!
    Foxy recently posted..Love List

8. Karen says

I’m so impressed that you have a candy stash at work and can still avoid it. I literally cannot have ANY sweets in my office or I will devour them. The one thing I do have is a stash of mini microwave popcorn bags and some hot chocolate packets. Otherwise I just eat what I bring for lunch/snacks! Although working in a school there are always goodies to be found if I really hunt them down…

SO funny I was just thinking of you yesterday & was like ‘I hope Court does a post on the Oscar’s/ Oscar fashion!’ I know you always do your fashion Fridays, which I love so I was hoping you would comment on the dresses!
    Surprisingly, I wasn’t a big fan of Mila’s dress- I thought the lace on the top looked weird- at first glance I thought she had tattoos on her boobs..but then I realized it was lace! Oops 😀
    But I LOVED Gwyneth Paltrow’s dress- GORGEOUS!
    Holly recently posted..Must Make Tonight