Let’s Talk Oscars

by Courtney on February 28, 2011

Hey guys! How’s your Monday been?? I missed blogging with you all this morning…boy how life changes when you’re back to work!

Even though I’m a little late to the game, I feel somewhat compelled to quickly mention some of my thoughts on last night’s Oscars.

• I was thrilled to see Natalie Portman win Best Actress (her role in Black Swan just amazed me) – and how gorgeous is she with her little baby belly?!?

source

• I wasn’t totally feelin’ Cate Blanchett’s dress…

source

• I LOVED Gwyneth Paltrow’s makeup and hair for the evening.

source

• I love Scarlett Johansson, but her dress reminded me of curtains, and her hair was a little too disheveled for Oscar night. Otherwise, I really like the new, shorter “do” on her!

source

• I thought Mila Kunis looked pretty…hubby thought she looked pretty hot. Winking smile

source

• I actually saw more of the Best Picture nominees than I thought:

Black Swan, Inception, The Social Network, Toy Story 3

• I still need to (and want to) see quite a few of the Best Picture nominees:

The Fighter, The King’s Speech, 127 Hours, The Kids Are All Right

I better get crackin’ on that list…are any of these in Redbox yet??? Smile

********************

Workout

Well, despite being a little bummed about heading back to reality today, I didn’t let it keep me from starting off on the right foot. I woke up nice and early for a date with my treadmill. We enjoyed a lovely 40 minutes together, covering a little over 4 miles. This morning’s run actually felt quite fantastic; MUCH better than last week’s run.

Breakfast happened on the way out the door and I didn’t snap any photos (I was too hungry to wait, and it included peanut butter so I couldn’t eat it at work). But it was another repeat from last week and was super delicious.

Lunch was a nice change of pace from my typical Monday lunches at work. I brought back an oldie but a goodie:

Spaghetti Squash! Smile

On Friday, I actually had this combo for dinner, but was left with a ton of leftovers, so I used some today, which included some leftover roasted zucchini, marinara sauce, low-fat ricotta cheese, and a leftover chicken tender from last night’s dinner.

I wish I thought to do this more often, because it’s SO GOOD!

Around 3:00, I was in need of a snack. I really wanted to reach into the candy stash at work, but instead, I grabbed my apple.

Yay for small victories. Winking smile

*****************

I’m on my own for dinner tonight, and not feeling particularly ambitious in the kitchen, so I’m thinking tonight may be a good PB & J sandwich kinda night. Sometimes, ya just gotta keep it simple, right?

Questions for the Evening:

What were some of your favorite fashion “hits & misses” on last night’s Oscars?

How many of the “Best Picture” nominees have you seen?

1 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) February 28, 2011 at 5:34 pm

I LOVE Mila Kunis’ dress! And I agree she looks SO pretty (hot! ;) )

I’ve seen Black Swan, Inception,Toy Story 3 and The King’s Speech (so quite a lot!!) but REALLY want to see the others too! The Social Network has been on my list for AGES!!
Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) recently posted..Makes me happy

2 Kristen @ That Hoosier Girl February 28, 2011 at 5:35 pm

I’d hardly seen any of the best picture nominees so I was pumped when I saw Groupon had a 3 for $1 at Redbox last night! Great excuse to catch up on my movies ;)
Kristen @ That Hoosier Girl recently posted..Good Morning Mama’s

3 Courtney February 28, 2011 at 5:36 pm

Awwww man! How did I miss that?!?!?!

4 Jess@atasteofconfidence February 28, 2011 at 5:38 pm

I thought Mila looked gorgeous. jealous of her!
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..decisions- decisions

5 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun February 28, 2011 at 5:42 pm

Ive seen the same ones as you and want to see the others…when they come to redbox. Redbox is the greatest!
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..Self-Love Reflection- Idolizing Our Bodies

6 Kody February 28, 2011 at 5:55 pm

I love Mila Kunis, but I liked her SAG dress a bit more. Jennifer Lawrence’s dress was my favorite though.

7 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles February 28, 2011 at 6:13 pm

I LOVED Mila’s dress – my husband was partial to Scarlett’s. Mainly because he has a slight obsessed with ScarJo (which, by the way, he randomly called her that last night – it kinda made me laugh!). Oh, husbands….

Enjoy your night, Courtney!

8 Alexa @ Simple Eats February 28, 2011 at 6:30 pm

I LOVED Mila Kunis and I also thought Anne Hathaway looked adorable. Her dresses were gorgeous! I felt the same way, haven’t seen many of the movies. Gotta get on that!
Alexa @ Simple Eats recently posted..Learn Your ABC’s

9 Erica February 28, 2011 at 6:32 pm

i loved mila’s dress! and i loved anne hathaway’s dress that she shimmied in…and mandy moore’s performance dress….

there was this one woman who won…i can’t remember for what, but her outfit —dress, hair, makeup was just all wrong for her. :(

i sadly have not seen ANY of those movies…i can’t even remember what the last movie i saw was!
Erica recently posted..2 more days please!

10 Ally (oatsandspice) February 28, 2011 at 6:38 pm

I JUST had spaghetti squash for dinner – seriously the best stuff!
Ally (oatsandspice) recently posted..A Call For Good Help

11 Charlie February 28, 2011 at 6:50 pm

I saw black swan, the king’s speech and the social network! Which is more than most years ;). I think it is the first time I saw the best picture..

12 Lauren February 28, 2011 at 6:56 pm

I loved Jennifer Hudson’s dress (except for the chest part, she has too much hanging out). I also loved Michelle Williams hair and makeup.

I have seen all the movies except for Toy Story 3 and The King’s Speech. I really have to see The King’s Speech, especially now!
Lauren recently posted..5 Things I Love Right Now

13 Blog is the New Black February 28, 2011 at 7:02 pm

I love Natalie and Mila, too! :)
Blog is the New Black recently posted..Rosemary Garlic Bread

14 Lauren @ Hungry Dancer February 28, 2011 at 7:16 pm

I <3 Natalie Portman!! Mila Kunis was STUNNING!!
Lauren @ Hungry Dancer recently posted..Too much fun

15 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries February 28, 2011 at 7:23 pm

Ohhh, Cate Blanchett! What in the world were you thinking?! Not a fan of that dress. I loved Mila and Halle and Reese :) I totally agree with your take on Scarlett!
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..Sundays Are For…

16 Stacie February 28, 2011 at 7:33 pm

Reese Witherspoon was stunning! I normally always think Sandra Bulloch is right on the money too, but for whatever reason, I was not a fan of her look last night.
Stacie recently posted..Italian sushi

17 Erin @ The Grass Skirt February 28, 2011 at 7:52 pm

Unfortunately, I missed the Oscars last night, but I loooooove Natalie Portman’s dress! The color was amazing on her. Then again, she’d look amazing in a garbage bag.
Erin @ The Grass Skirt recently posted..All Wrapped Up

18 Emily February 28, 2011 at 8:14 pm

Mila Kunis and Natalie Portman were definitely two of my favorites too :) I also *loved* all of Anne Hathaway’s dresses that she got to wear while she was hosting. She looked amazing. I saw more movies than usual this year, but I’m sad I haven’t seen the King’s Speech yet, so I might have to treat myself to the movies this weekend :D
Emily recently posted..Molten Chocolate Cakes

19 Melissa February 28, 2011 at 8:36 pm

Mila & Gwyneth were my favorites last night! Both looked completely gorg!

I saw Black Swan, Inception, and The King’s Speech. Of those 3, I honestly liked the King’s Speech the least . . . guess I’m not much of a movie critic!
Melissa recently posted..The Stuff of Legends

20 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey February 28, 2011 at 9:14 pm

I haven’t had spaghetti squash in forever!!! I need some in my life.
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..when hunger strikes

21 Lisa @ I'm an Okie February 28, 2011 at 9:52 pm

I loved Mila Kunis–just gorgeous!

22 Parita @ myinnershakti February 28, 2011 at 10:43 pm

Mila Kunis has my vote for best dressed, and Cate Blanchett DEF has my vote for worst! And we must operate on the same wavelength because I’ve seen all the movies you have!
Parita @ myinnershakti recently posted..Oscar Night!

23 Leah @ Why Deprive? March 1, 2011 at 12:05 am

I thought Natalie Portman looked so gorgeous. She makes such an adorable pregnant person. :)

Anne Hathaway’s red dress, I wasnt a fan of. It seems like Im the only person, but it was just too bright for her skin and I didnt like it at all.

I saw The Fighter, and LOVED it. I usually dont like the Oscar nominated movies, they’re just too intense for me, but The Fighter was amazing.
I do want to see The Kids Are Alright though, that movie looks fantastic.
Leah @ Why Deprive? recently posted..No One Ever Said Letting Go Was Easy

24 holly March 1, 2011 at 12:27 am

They all look soooo gorgeous!!

25 Jardan March 1, 2011 at 2:53 am

Mila Kunis looked STUNNING! She has come such a long way :)
Jardan recently posted..February 28- 2011

26 Foxy March 1, 2011 at 7:21 am

Loved Mila’s dress and though Halle Berry looked gorgeous. Didn’t like Scarlett’s dress at first but it grew on me. Also thought Penelope Cruz and Gwyneth Paltrow looked gorgeous!
Foxy recently posted..Love List

27 Karen March 1, 2011 at 8:06 am

I’m so impressed that you have a candy stash at work and can still avoid it. I literally cannot have ANY sweets in my office or I will devour them. The one thing I do have is a stash of mini microwave popcorn bags and some hot chocolate packets. Otherwise I just eat what I bring for lunch/snacks! Although working in a school there are always goodies to be found if I really hunt them down…

28 Holly March 1, 2011 at 11:53 am

SO funny I was just thinking of you yesterday & was like ‘I hope Court does a post on the Oscar’s/ Oscar fashion!’ I know you always do your fashion Fridays, which I love so I was hoping you would comment on the dresses!
Surprisingly, I wasn’t a big fan of Mila’s dress- I thought the lace on the top looked weird- at first glance I thought she had tattoos on her boobs..but then I realized it was lace! Oops :D
But I LOVED Gwyneth Paltrow’s dress- GORGEOUS!
Holly recently posted..Must Make Tonight

29 Sarah @ healthy girl running March 2, 2011 at 5:55 pm

I have to say, I really thought Mandy Moore looked fantastic! I thought the worst dressed should go to Melissa Leo. I don’t even know what movie she’s in but her dress was a bit on the ugly side in my opinion!
Sarah @ healthy girl running recently posted..Study break!