Give Me Your Quinoa (Recipes, That Is)

Good Morning, friends! Open-mouthed smile

Just popping in (<– actually just wrote pooping there, woops!) to say hello.

Yesterday was, as expected, a very busy day for me, but I did get almost everything accomplished that I wanted.

My one hold up was that I actually missed my BodyAttack class (BOO…). I was tempted to just call it a lost cause, but then as I was reading through all of your favorite fitness tips, I became reinvigorated and decided NO EXCUSES!

So I worked with my schedule a little bit and came home to do some Jillian Michael’s Yoga Meltdown. It felt great and was certainly better than nothing!

*************

So I’m calling on all of you for a little help today…don’t worry, nothing too tedious. Winking smile

Yesterday, I was lucky enough to receive some of this good stuff…

Quinoa! I’ve been waiting to have some forever, and now that I have it, I have no idea what I should make with it?!? I’ve seen so many great recipes out there…please help me choose!

What’s your favorite quinoa recipe??

I’ll be sure to feature whichever recipe I choose this evening! Smile

Comments

I roast veggies like broccoli, carrots, snow peas, cauliflower, put them in a bowl with some cooked quinoa, pour on some Trader Joe’s Soyaki Sauce, mix, and enjoy! It’s so delicious!
    Grace recently posted..My happily ever after

I bought that dvd awhile ago and have only done it once, great workout but I dont find it relaxing because I have to keep looking at the screen and she moves soo fast! I like body by bethenny for a good yoga dvd! Quinoa recipes
    http://ahealthypassion.com/2011/01/05/871/ awesome served over quinoa
    kate@ahealthypassion recently posted..Saturday Adventure

Ohh I love quinoa! While it’s cooking in a pot of vegetable broth, I saute some asparagus on the side in olive oil, add chickpeas, lemon juice, and whatever spices I like. Finally when the quinoa is done, I combine everything and VOILA…dinner!
    Parita @ myinnershakti recently posted..Oscar Night!

Good job squeezing in that workout!

I have never bought Quinoa–I have no clue what to do with it either! Maybe you will inspire me! You usually do! :)

Oh my favorite is so simple + tasty…

Cook quinoa with chicken or veggie broth. While cooking quinoa, roast some cubed butternut squash in oven. Once finished, add butternut squash to quinoa along with a drained can of black beans. Top with cheese or slivered nuts of choice.

So delish!

I did Yoga Meltdown this morning- what a coincidence! I love quinoa prepared simply as a grain salad with lots of veggies mixed in. Not that creative, but it works. :) Also, remember to rinse it before you cook it so it doesn’t taste bitter!
    Megan (Braise The Roof) recently posted..Skyscrapin’

8. Julie says

I made delicious quinoa burgers a few months ago that my husband loved. Unfortunately, they didn’t love him later (he has IBS)… so be careful at first, just to be sure it doesn’t bother your stomach.

9. Colleen says

I usually make quinoa when I’m feeling lazy, and then just throw whatever else I have in my kitchen into it. My favorite is probably buffalo chicken quinoa- just shred a boneless skinless chicken breast and mix it in with cooked quinoa, some buffalo sauce and shredded cheese. Yum!

10. Kelly says

I make taboleh with it.

1 cup(s) uncooked quinoa
    1 medium tomato(es)
    2 cup(s) parsley
    1/2 cup(s) fresh lemon juice
    1/4 cup(s) scallion(s)
    1/3 cup(s) olive oil

Cook Quinoa and cool.Dice scallions, parsely and tomatoes. Add to cooled quinoa.
    Add the salt, lemon juice and olive oil. Mix everything together. Chill for 3-4 hours before serving.

Makes 8 (1/2 cup) servings

11. Kaye says

I would love to have a good recipe for Quinoa that is sweet, like a breakfast cereal. We stayed at Animal Kingdom (at Disney World in Florida) and they had an amazing Quinoa (warm) for breakfast. It seemed to have been simmered in water and sugar, but there was definitely something else in there! It was great topped with fresh blueberries and a sprinkle of brown sugar. Does anyone have a recipe like this?