Fashion Friday: Party Dresses

by Courtney on March 4, 2011

Happy Fashion Friday!!

Today’s Topic: Party Dresses

So earlier this week, I was talking with some of my friends about weddings. Oh, how I love weddings! I love everything about them, from crying my eyes out at the ceremony, to boogying out on the dance floor. But one of my favorite, and first things that pops into my mind when I know I have an upcoming wedding?

What am I going to wear?? Time to choose a dress!

Well this fall, I have two weddings (that I know of) that I’ll be attending, which means it’s time to start searching for something fun to wear. The other night, I happened to be in the midst of searching online and came across some amazing party dresses for women at David’s Bridal. Who knew?? I guess whenever I had originally thought of David’s Bridal, I thought of wedding dresses and bridesmaid dresses. But as it turns out, they have a bunch of beautiful dresses, for all occasions!

Here are some of my favorites from the site:

Short Strapless Shimmer Dress Short Crinkle Chiffon Dress

Short Strapless Pleated Jersey Dress Short Shimmer Halter Dress w/ Pockets

Definitely some possibilities here!

**************

And SPEAKING of weddings(!), I happened to be on Twitter yesterday when I noticed a tweet from our own wedding photographer, stating “Courtney & Jason’s Album Design.” I thought, huh, that’s strange. So I clicked on it and sure enough, they have our entire wedding album design displayed on their website!

In case you’re interested in checking out our photos, you can CLICK HERE for a sneak peek! Smile

*Also just a reminder, be sure to check out my “Blueberry Muffin Larabar Giveaway!” You have until Monday to enter!

Questions for the Day:

Where do you like to shop for party dresses?

Do you have any weddings you’re attending this year??

1 cait March 4, 2011 at 10:02 am

ahh i love the purple one- although you can’t go wrong with black seeing as you always need that perfect little black dress! For party dresses I go to F21 because they’re cheap, cute, and always in style! I also love a cute boutique in my downtown area called Bella Carly. They have great things too! xo
cait recently posted..5 things you cant Live without-Day 3

2 Jessie Gipe March 4, 2011 at 10:26 am

If I had to pick, it’d be F21 as well.. adorable & so inexpensive!

3 Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean March 4, 2011 at 10:04 am

LOVED your pictures!! and your dress…and everything. you guys make a gorgeous couple!
Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean recently posted..Dip-A-Dilla

4 Meghan Rekucki March 4, 2011 at 10:13 am

I am in need of some advice! I have a wedding to attend this summer that is a black tie event. Its easy for guys- they get to wear a black tie! But what do I wear? A long dress? I don’t want to look too prom-ish, but I also don’t want to wear a jazzed up cocktail dress and look under dressed… Its in South Carolina in August so I know its going to be hot. So what is the ettiquet for ladies attire at black tie events, if anything? I also dont want to spend $300+ for a long dress I dont have anywhere else to wear it to…

5 briana March 4, 2011 at 10:22 am

I have a wedding next weekend and since I don’t want a whole bunch of dresses I wot wear again I do rentherunway.com it’s excellent!

6 Melissa March 4, 2011 at 10:23 am

I have SEVEN weddings this summer! Fortunately, they’re for different groups of friends, so I can repeat dresses, but yeesh! Of course, now in the day and age of FB where pics are posted for all to see, I can’t be wearing the exact same dress for all of them! I love the David’s Bridal options you have here. I saw some the other day on J’s Everyday Fashion that were great, too! I think I’ll have to check it out! I usually go to White House Black Market because they have great sales and the styles are timeless. Good investment pieces. It would be great to have some color in the mix, though!
Melissa recently posted..Surprise!

7 Jessie Gipe March 4, 2011 at 10:25 am

you’re wedding pictures are breath-taking hunnie!

8 Presley March 4, 2011 at 10:28 am

Try the sale rack at David’s… I found two really cute dresses for 29.99 each!

9 Parita @ myinnershakti March 4, 2011 at 10:38 am

Love all the dresses you picked out, especially the blue one shouldar one. :) Dress shopping is ALWAYS a pain for me because I always start with something very specific in mind and can never find it. I’ll get it right one of these days!
Parita @ myinnershakti recently posted..Oscar Night!

10 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun March 4, 2011 at 10:40 am

I would never think to look there either! But those are some CUTE dresses. Or I better say sexy. They are hot!
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..Self-Love Reflection- Idolizing Our Bodies

11 Abby March 4, 2011 at 10:42 am

I would never thought to look there!! Those are super cute dresses and i’m sure they’re affordable!!

PS…BEAUTIFUL wedding!!

12 Diane@Simply Sweet March 4, 2011 at 10:48 am

I have a few weddings to attend this year…including my own!!! I’m so excited! I loved looking at your pictures- you were a gorgeous bride and it looks like your wedding was beautiful.
Diane@Simply Sweet recently posted..If It Pleases and Sparkles

13 Danielle March 4, 2011 at 11:07 am

I do have a wedding to attend this year, but I think i have the dress all figured out….Im going to wear my WEDDING DRESS!!!! This is going to be the easiest wedding to get dressed for!!!! :)

14 Whitney March 4, 2011 at 11:18 am

This post is SO relevant for me right now as I’m attending weddings in April and October and MY wedding is in June! Needless to say I have been on the hunt for dresses and more dresses! I got my rehearsal dress off of shopbop.com. LOVE this website and I am a fan of French Connection dresses. You can get them online or in store. Have fun shopping! :)

15 Ashley Rose March 4, 2011 at 11:26 am

Never thought of going to David’s Bridal for dresses but that first one with the pink waist band is so cute!
I usually buy from Francesca’s Collections, Express or White House Black Market – which is a splurge!
Very nice wedding photos as well!
Ashley Rose recently posted..The Weekend-Day 2

16 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries March 4, 2011 at 11:28 am

I loved looking at your wedding album! You were a stunning bride! Those made me so excited for my own wedding. Thanks for sharing :) I hope you have a great Friday!
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..Friday Baking Day

17 Chicago Cuisine Critique March 4, 2011 at 11:30 am

Wow, I never knew David’s Bridal had their own party dresses. I too only think of them for wedding gowns and bridesmaid dresses, but this is good to know. :) Love your picks.
Chicago Cuisine Critique recently posted..Tastes from TJs

18 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey March 4, 2011 at 12:39 pm

I have 6 weddings already this year – yikes!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..when hunger strikes

19 Holly March 4, 2011 at 1:35 pm

I just looked at your wedding album- so so so so so so PRETTY!! :D I love all of the purple ;)
The one of you looking over your flowers is so cute! Love it!
Holly recently posted..Wedding Q &amp A’s!

20 Kristen March 4, 2011 at 1:42 pm

I love the top two dresses!~ especially the blue!

21 Jennie @ Designed to be Fit March 4, 2011 at 1:47 pm

I generally go to Forever 21 because they are affordable, and if you don’t put them in the dryer they last a long time. :)
Jennie @ Designed to be Fit recently posted..Giving it Up

22 Jess@atasteofconfidence March 4, 2011 at 2:03 pm

I like the strapless purple one! Probably my fav.
And I love your wedding pics!
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..decisions- decisions

23 Charlie March 4, 2011 at 2:11 pm

These dresses are all gorgeous!! LOVE the third one!
Charlie recently posted..Spiced Veggilicious Pasta Sauce

24 Alexa @ Simple Eats March 4, 2011 at 4:32 pm

I have to say, Forever 21 is pretty good! As long as it’s not too short! I like Macy’s as well and Ann Taylor Loft.
Alexa @ Simple Eats recently posted..Tips and Tricks

25 Lindsey @ Cardio Pizza March 4, 2011 at 6:22 pm

90% of the time I find my party/wedding dresses at TJ Maxx! I love that place. I also like H&M for trendy and affordable dresses.

I have THREE weddings already this summer! I’m at that age I guess! :)

26 Lindsey @ Cardio Pizza March 4, 2011 at 6:24 pm

P.S. what beautiful pictures, no wonder the photographer is displaying them! You look STUNNING!
Lindsey @ Cardio Pizza recently posted..Total Body Workout- Giant Sets

27 Courtney March 4, 2011 at 8:26 pm

Thank you so much, Lindsey! :)