Busy Baker

by Courtney on March 6, 2011

Happy, Happy Sunday everyone! How’s your day been so far??

Jay and I actually spent some time sleeping in this morning, since we didn’t get to bed until almost 2am last night.

Oh yes, we were too busy dancing our faces off once again…

IMG_0785IMG_0786IMG_0793IMG_0815IMG_0833IMG_0838IMG_0840

I’m telling you, this Just Dance 2 game is hilarious! Smile

***************

This morning, I’ve been hard at work in the kitchen. My mom asked me if I could bake up a batch of Chocolate PB Cup Cupcakes for her to bring to work tomorrow, so I’ve been working on those, along with some Butterscotch Blondies for the winner of Katie’s bake sale.

Unfortunately, I’m pretty sure I undercooked the blondies a little too much, so I think I’m going to have to make another batch. I guess these will just have to stay here…

Awww shucks. Winking smile

Since I got right to work, I actually really never sat down for a breakfast, and had been nibbling throughout the morning. Of course, I had some coffee.

But I also snacked on some toast.

Now this toast isn’t just any toast. This is from a homemade French baguette, made by yours truly!

I baked this bread up on Thursday, using my bread machine to mix the dough. It may not look too fancy, but I was surprised at just how good it came out. Who knew! Smile

IMG_0740IMG_0742

We’ve both been snacking on it the past few days, and today I topped mine with some peanut butter and some peanut butter cream cheese.

Say WHAT? Peanut butter cream cheese?!? Yes, I kid you not…

I got two lovely containers of this Trader Joe’s PB cream cheese from a lovely reader, Shayla. The two of us did a little bartering back and forth, and in return for some of the PB cream cheese, I sent her a jar of my favorite Blizzard Butter.

Thanks again, Shayla! Smile

**************

Now I’ve gotta get my act together and get moving so I can head to the grocery store, maybe (hopefully) squeeze in a workout, and finish up those cupcakes, all before heading to my parents house for dinner a little later on.

It’s a busy one!

1 Kristi March 6, 2011 at 12:28 pm

I want some peanut butter cream cheese!!
Kristi recently posted..Early morning

2 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) March 6, 2011 at 12:33 pm

PB cream cheese?! Sounds…interesting!! :P

Your homemade french bread looks AMAZING! And the winner of those blondies is a very lucky person! They sound delish! :)
Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) recently posted..Friday Faves!

3 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles March 6, 2011 at 12:48 pm

Those cupcakes look great! Enjoy your Sunday!

4 kate@ahealthypassion March 6, 2011 at 1:00 pm

That homemade bread looks soo amazing, theres nothing better. Definitely know what im doing this evening~!
kate@ahealthypassion recently posted..Saturday Adventure

5 Kristen March 6, 2011 at 1:58 pm

Just Dance 2 is SO much fun! and the cupcakes look amazing!

6 Melissa March 6, 2011 at 2:22 pm

Sounds like the best possible way to be busy! I love busy days filled with fun things! Have you guys tried Kinect yet? I am OBSESSED! I don’t own an X-Box or play video games AT ALL for that matter, but I could definitely get on board with purchasing one of those puppies! SO much fun!
Melissa recently posted..Surprise!

7 Katy (The Singing Runner) March 6, 2011 at 2:25 pm

Whew! Busy busy bee!!! :D

8 Jess@atasteofconfidence March 6, 2011 at 2:36 pm

That looks like such a funny game.
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..ABCs of me

9 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine March 6, 2011 at 2:57 pm

There’s no better way to spend a Sunday than baking. Hope you’re enjoying the rest of your day!
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Vinyasa Flow

10 Kristen @ That Hoosier Girl March 6, 2011 at 3:21 pm

That Just Dance looks like so much fun! And those PB cupcakes look amazing!
Kristen @ That Hoosier Girl recently posted..White Chocolate Cherry Cookies

11 Alexa @ Simple Eats March 6, 2011 at 3:53 pm

Those cupcakes look really good! At least you’ve got some TJ’s pb cc to power you through! I’ve heard that stuff is insanely good.
Alexa @ Simple Eats recently posted..Friday Favorites

12 Tara @ The Game of Life March 6, 2011 at 7:00 pm

That bread looks great! I wish I lived near a trader joe’s, so I could get some of that cream cheese…. it looks yummy!!
Tara @ The Game of Life recently posted..CHANGE OF PLANS!!

13 Courtney (Pancakes & Postcards) March 6, 2011 at 7:54 pm

I want to live in your house so I can eat your baked goods and play your just dance. :) haha. hope you had a great weekend!
Courtney (Pancakes & Postcards) recently posted..Woah- I’m Halfway There- Marathon Training by a Non-Runner

14 Courtney March 6, 2011 at 8:41 pm

Hahaha, c’mon over and visit! :)

15 Caitlin March 6, 2011 at 10:17 pm

oh my gosh your french baguette looks amazing!!

My friends and I LOVE the just dance games…SOO MUCH FUN! I just love how ridiculous it can get and the songs get stuck in your head- so great!
Caitlin recently posted..Snow Snow Go Away…and never come backpuhhhlease

16 Jardan March 7, 2011 at 2:00 am

*currently stealing all of your baked goods*
hehehe
Jardan recently posted..March 7- 2011

17 Shayla March 7, 2011 at 3:10 pm

You’re the sweetest Courtney and you’re so very welcome….I’m so happy to see you’re enjoying it!!! Thanks so much again for my special treat too!! :)