Unmotivated

I don’t know what it is, but I have felt so unmotivated to do much of anything today! Besides finishing up my baking (since I’m always motivated to do that), everything else has felt like such a struggle…

Grocery shopping was a chore and a half.

The thought of a workout was totally unappealing (hence, one never took place).

And the thought of cooking dinner sounded beyond tedious.

Luckily, when Mom called up and said that she’s cooking dinner, I at least had the cooking dinner problem solved!

The grill was fired up today, and I enjoyed some grilled, marinated chicken, beets, homemade pasta salad,

and my mom’s homemade scalloped potatoes.

Honestly, I can pass up scalloped potatoes any day. They’re really just not my favorite. My mom’s however, are amazing, so I helped myself to a good-sized serving.

And then went back for seconds. Winking smile

We all agreed that tonight’s dinner kind of reminded us of spring and summer. Oh gosh, I wish it would get here SOON!

It’s been so warm the past two days, and now we currently have freezing rain forming on everything and snow accumulations of 9-15” expected by tomorrow. Ughhhh. Annoyed Hurry up, spring!

*************

Now, I’m headed in to relax on the couch with my two boys and dig into my one remaining cupcake that I was able to snag from today’s batch.

Yummmmm. Smile

*Tonight is the last night to enter my Blueberry Muffin Larabar Giveaway!” I’ll be picking a winner tomorrow morning, so make sure you’ve got your entry (or three) in!

Question for the Evening:

What was the best part of your weekend?

Comments

1. fsugirl! says

I felt like that too! Just dragginggg….. Even more so,after a big pasta dinner at Olive Garden and Birthday cake! Ughhhh.. 😉 Enjoy your night! 😀

I dragged myself onto the treadmill, and was on to a great start this morning. Met with a client for exchanging some tile services of theirs for web design on our end and even squeezed in grocery shopping. Sat down after I put everything away and poof – was out cold for three hours. Which means I’m going to barely sleep tonight and the sleep cycle will continue to be skewed all week. It’s just one of those days. That’s what Sunday’s are meant for – laziness and excuses :)
    Susan recently posted..Text Embarrassing

3. Jordan says

Best part of my weekend? This morning by far. I ran my second half-marathon…with almost ZERO prior training due to constant leg issues. But somehow I ended up running it in the EXACT same time I ran my first one…right down to the second! Weeeird. It was TOUGH, but ohhh so rewarding. :)

I had zero motivation to do anything today as well! I think it was the gray skies and rain. I am soooo ready for spring and summer!
    Those cupcakes look great! Enjoy your relaxing evening!

your dinner looks delicious and healthy!! :) nevermind about the lack of motivation today, i guess we all have those days lol hope you have a better day tomorrow xx
    Jardan recently posted..March 7- 2011

Sorry you’re having that nasty weather! I was in Michigan to see my family for the weekend, so the whole thing was a highlight, but I couldn’t get away from that nasty weather fast enough. I’ll take central VA’s early spring over that snow & cold nonsense any day!