Unmotivated

by Courtney on March 6, 2011

I don’t know what it is, but I have felt so unmotivated to do much of anything today! Besides finishing up my baking (since I’m always motivated to do that), everything else has felt like such a struggle…

Grocery shopping was a chore and a half.

The thought of a workout was totally unappealing (hence, one never took place).

And the thought of cooking dinner sounded beyond tedious.

Luckily, when Mom called up and said that she’s cooking dinner, I at least had the cooking dinner problem solved!

The grill was fired up today, and I enjoyed some grilled, marinated chicken, beets, homemade pasta salad,

and my mom’s homemade scalloped potatoes.

Honestly, I can pass up scalloped potatoes any day. They’re really just not my favorite. My mom’s however, are amazing, so I helped myself to a good-sized serving.

And then went back for seconds. Winking smile

We all agreed that tonight’s dinner kind of reminded us of spring and summer. Oh gosh, I wish it would get here SOON!

It’s been so warm the past two days, and now we currently have freezing rain forming on everything and snow accumulations of 9-15” expected by tomorrow. Ughhhh. Annoyed Hurry up, spring!

*************

Now, I’m headed in to relax on the couch with my two boys and dig into my one remaining cupcake that I was able to snag from today’s batch.

Yummmmm. Smile

*Tonight is the last night to enter my Blueberry Muffin Larabar Giveaway!” I’ll be picking a winner tomorrow morning, so make sure you’ve got your entry (or three) in!

Question for the Evening:

What was the best part of your weekend?

1 fsugirl! March 6, 2011 at 8:42 pm

I felt like that too! Just dragginggg….. Even more so,after a big pasta dinner at Olive Garden and Birthday cake! Ughhhh.. ;) Enjoy your night! :D

2 Liz @ IHeartVegetables March 6, 2011 at 8:48 pm

Sometimes I use baking as an excuse to not get my other to-do list items done ;) At least you had dinner cooked for you!
Liz @ IHeartVegetables recently posted..Can you milk an almond Yes Yes you can

3 Susan March 6, 2011 at 8:48 pm

I dragged myself onto the treadmill, and was on to a great start this morning. Met with a client for exchanging some tile services of theirs for web design on our end and even squeezed in grocery shopping. Sat down after I put everything away and poof – was out cold for three hours. Which means I’m going to barely sleep tonight and the sleep cycle will continue to be skewed all week. It’s just one of those days. That’s what Sunday’s are meant for – laziness and excuses :)
Susan recently posted..Text Embarrassing

4 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles March 6, 2011 at 8:52 pm

9-15 inches of snow?! Eek! Stay warm & enjoy the rest of your night! :)

5 Jordan March 6, 2011 at 9:09 pm

Best part of my weekend? This morning by far. I ran my second half-marathon…with almost ZERO prior training due to constant leg issues. But somehow I ended up running it in the EXACT same time I ran my first one…right down to the second! Weeeird. It was TOUGH, but ohhh so rewarding. :)

6 fsugirl! March 7, 2011 at 5:08 pm

Great job! :D

7 Cara March 6, 2011 at 9:10 pm

I had zero motivation to do anything today as well! I think it was the gray skies and rain. I am soooo ready for spring and summer!
Those cupcakes look great! Enjoy your relaxing evening!

8 Meg March 6, 2011 at 9:33 pm

Man those cupcakes look good. I’ve been watching DC Cupcakes and they’ve got nothing on your Reese’s concoctions!
Meg recently posted..Setting An Example

9 Courtney March 6, 2011 at 10:07 pm

Hahaha! Awww, thank you! :)

10 Melissa @ Chocolate & Kisses March 6, 2011 at 9:39 pm

9-15 inches of snow!!!! What!!! I need to check the weather for tomorrow! That makes me sad. But I’ll tell you what made me happy. I made your Chocolate Butterscotch Cheesecake Cookies today….. yummy. You rock!
Melissa @ Chocolate & Kisses recently posted..Sleepy Beast

11 Tara @ The Game of Life March 6, 2011 at 9:50 pm

I hear ya, I was so unmotivated too!! I am ready for spring break :) Anyways I had a great weekend, just relaxed and caught up on shows that I missed during the week! Your cupcakes look great!
Tara @ The Game of Life recently posted..CHANGE OF PLANS!!

12 Jardan March 6, 2011 at 11:30 pm

your dinner looks delicious and healthy!! :) nevermind about the lack of motivation today, i guess we all have those days lol hope you have a better day tomorrow xx
Jardan recently posted..March 7- 2011

13 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries March 7, 2011 at 6:41 am

I was so unmotivated yesterday, too! It was could and pouring all day – isn’t that the universe’s way of saying “Don’t worry – stay in your comfy clothes all day and watch TV” ??
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..Home-Cooked Heaven

14 Kristen March 7, 2011 at 10:04 am

snow!!!?!?!
I agree, spring cant come soon enough!
Kristen recently posted..WordPress Takes SXSW

15 Melissa March 7, 2011 at 10:26 am

Sorry you’re having that nasty weather! I was in Michigan to see my family for the weekend, so the whole thing was a highlight, but I couldn’t get away from that nasty weather fast enough. I’ll take central VA’s early spring over that snow & cold nonsense any day!

16 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine March 7, 2011 at 11:51 am

That cupcake looks like absolute PERFECTION. My favorite part of the weekend was probably hanging out with my boyfriend- it had been two weeks since we’d seen each other!
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Vinyasa Flow