One Day Success

by Courtney on March 10, 2011

I am happy to announce that I successfully completed my first night of no after dinner sweets free and clear!

Now you you may be thinking, “Geez Courtney, it’s only one day…”

And this is very true. However, I had to spend a chunk of my evening finishing up THESE:

And I managed to walk away without taking one bite of broken cookie or even one lick of frosting. Not one! I used Jay as my taste tester…and I’m pretty sure he didn’t mind.

I sat and enjoyed my mug of White Chocolate Kisses tea, which sort of satisfied my cravings. But even still, I figure, if I can handle last night, I can handle 40 days. Smile

Workout

This morning I woke up nice and early and decided to do this treadmill workout. It’s one  of my favorites and definitely works up a sweat! I followed it up with about 10 minutes of abs.

Breakfast

Maybe it was the workout, but I’m pretty sure it was the lack of snacking after dinner last night…but either way, I was starving for some breakfast this morning!

Another slice of Banana Raisin Pumpkin Bread. Only one today, and he’s naked. Surprised smile

A plain Chobani mixed with about 1/4 cup pumpkin, some cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and half a packet of Truvia.

Now I’m thinking THIS could be a good after dinner treat, if needed. It’s just like dessert!

I also have a banana to bring with me to work this morning, because I have a feeling I’m going to need it!

Time to head out on this gloomy, rainy day. C’mon sunshine, where are you???

Hope everyone has a GREAT day!

Question for the Day:

What was your last major success? Go ahead, you can brag, it’s ok! Smile

1 Beth @ Beth's Journey to Thin March 10, 2011 at 8:15 am

Wow I am so impressed you didn’t taste those delicious looking frosted cookies! I don’t think I could do that… :)
Beth @ Beth’s Journey to Thin recently posted..Philly for the Weekend

2 Courtney March 10, 2011 at 8:16 am

Haha, it was HARD!!!!

3 Faith @ lovelyascharged March 10, 2011 at 8:20 am

I pitched a (very small, but who cares) idea to my boss yesterday, and she loved it! I’ll be working on it today! That’s a huge success in my world!
Faith @ lovelyascharged recently posted..How to Make Your Own Healthy Cereal

4 Tina March 10, 2011 at 8:21 am

Congrats on the mini-success! Taking it one day at a time will definitely make it easier and you won’t feel as overwhelmed. I’m rooting for you!
Tina recently posted..Avoiding GMOs

5 Amanda- The Nutritionist Reviews March 10, 2011 at 8:25 am

Wow good job! Your yogurt looks great with all the mix-ins!
Amanda- The Nutritionist Reviews recently posted..Impel Clothing Review

6 cait March 10, 2011 at 8:35 am

great job girl :) i know its difficult! you’re doing awesome! that yogurt looks super yummy too! xo
cait recently posted..A healthy dose of laughter

7 Melissa March 10, 2011 at 8:39 am

Good work! I give you a lot of credit working on those cookie cups and not even taking a lick of frosting!

Can I just say I feel like a total weirdo coveting your morning yogurt, but it just looks too freaking good!

8 Kristina March 10, 2011 at 8:51 am

Wow everything looks so amazing! Keep it up!
Kristina recently posted..Happy Hour Shower so far…

9 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries March 10, 2011 at 8:57 am

I don’t know how you didn’t try even a bite of those cupcakes! That’s amazing! My last major success was switching up my (very rigid) workout routine and added afternoon workouts instead of AM ones. It’s been awesome!
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..Home-Cooked Heaven

10 Jessie Gipe March 10, 2011 at 9:00 am

First let me start off by saying your yogurt combination looks so delicious, I’m thinking that’ll be part of my lunch this afternoon :]

Second, to answer your question ” what was your last major success”….

My last major success was getting through an 8 month deployment while my husband was deployed overseas. It was one of the hardest things I’ve ever had to do, but our “first” kiss, and “first” hug made our time apart worth it. Even though I worked, hung out with friends, there was always a constant worry. He’s been home for 6 months now, and thankfully will not have to deploy again. The whole experience had taught me many lessons, and grew our marriage so much. I wish people would know to never take their marriage for granite, and the time they share with one another. To not let the littlest things get under their skin, and cause fights. Just be happy, and know that some wives/fiances/girlfriends may never see their men again, whether it has to do with military life, to regular day accidents.

11 Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers March 10, 2011 at 3:02 pm

that is amazing! i’m so happy you and your husband are back together again. i can’t even imagine how wonderful it felt to jump into his arms again!
Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers recently posted..Another Version

12 Jessie Gipe March 10, 2011 at 3:32 pm

Thank you, it truly was one of the best days of my life. Hope your having a wonderful day :)

13 Courtney March 10, 2011 at 4:24 pm

Oh my gosh, what a fantastic story! Thank you so much for sharing. Definitely makes me think twice about just letting the little things go.

14 Jessie Gipe March 10, 2011 at 7:10 pm

Thank you! :]

15 Cute~Ella March 10, 2011 at 9:06 am
16 Courtney March 10, 2011 at 4:23 pm

Haha, it worked, but sent you directly to my spam!

17 Cute~Ella March 10, 2011 at 5:47 pm

Shucks. Guess I won’t try that again.
Cute~Ella recently posted..Sunday’s Cooking

18 Tara @ The Game of Life March 10, 2011 at 9:35 am

Wow now that is impressive ;) Your yogurt looks great, i will definitely have to try that! You could also try pumpkin butter in your yogurt!!

My last major success was when I made it to the National Cross Country meet this past fall! :)
Tara @ The Game of Life recently posted..CHANGE OF PLANS!!

19 kate@ahealthypassion.com March 10, 2011 at 9:44 am

wow im impressed with you, I did a sugar detox back in Aug and had to make cookies for a party.. it was the hardest thing not tasting them but I was so proud of myself after I was finished. Good luck with your 40 days, I gave up gluten and animal products and I have a feeling the gluten part is gonna be tough. Have a great day!

20 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun March 10, 2011 at 10:29 am

I’m impressed! And I love that your no sweets rule is just for after dinner. That makes it so reasonable and still helps you focus on the sacrifice of it, but not have it overwhelm you so much. I know I would be overwhelmed going completely sweet free!
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..Stretch It Out

21 Allie @ Healthy Balance, Healthy Life March 10, 2011 at 10:42 am

Successful first day of giving up sweets yesterday! Almost caved when I was starving at Barnes and Noble and all they had was sweets but I went home and had a nectarine instead. Go me!

22 Lisa @ Healthy Diaries March 10, 2011 at 11:05 am

Good Job Courtney! You’re so brave! :)

Maria & I will be making 4 dozen cupcakes this weekend for a friend and we’re going to have to be as brave as you and not try a crumb! We have a HUGE order for a wedding next month so that will be super challenging but we know we can do it!

Keep it up!
Lisa @ Healthy Diaries recently posted..46 days isn’t much… Right

23 Courtney March 10, 2011 at 4:25 pm

Oh gosh…GOOD LUCK! You can do it!! :)

24 Kat March 10, 2011 at 11:09 am

I gave up alcohol for lent (missing my nightly glass of red!) – it’s definitely all about getting through those first few days… after that, it’s so much easier!
Kat recently posted..Newmans Own Recipe &amp Video

25 Katy (The Singing Runner) March 10, 2011 at 11:21 am

I love mixing pumpkin and cinnamon with Chobani. It’s like pumpkin pie! :D

My last major success was running 2.5 miles without stopping yesterday. May not seem like a big deal, but I have been coming back from a shin splint which left me unable to run for a month. I’m building my way back up and hope to do my 2nd half-marathon in a few months (and then the Chicago Marathon in October!)

26 Courtney March 10, 2011 at 4:26 pm

Congrats to you! :)

27 Ashley Rose March 10, 2011 at 1:39 pm

Good for you for sticking with your goal!

That bread looks amazing and I’m going to try baking some for myself tonight!
Have a great Thursday!

28 Stephanie @cookinfanatic March 10, 2011 at 1:53 pm

Wow you have some willpower girl – congratulations on that!!! :)

My last major success was most definitely being on TV in the first Chobani commercial — definitely a success I never even dreamed of achieving!!!
Stephanie @cookinfanatic recently posted..Jambalaya!

29 Courtney March 10, 2011 at 4:26 pm

Ummm, yeah…I’d definitely say that’s QUITE a major success! ;)

30 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey March 10, 2011 at 2:00 pm

Nice job on your goal!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..preemptive intuitive eating

31 Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers March 10, 2011 at 3:02 pm

you are a machine! i have outlawed ALL baking until after lent. that is some SERIOUS temptation. get ‘em giiiirl!
Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers recently posted..Another Version

32 Alexa @ Simple Eats March 10, 2011 at 5:25 pm

Awesome job! You should be very proud of yourself, both with the baking and resisting temptation!
Alexa @ Simple Eats recently posted..The Kitchen Sink

33 Melissa @ Chocolate & Kisses March 10, 2011 at 6:05 pm

That is some strength woman! I don’t know if I would be able to stop myself from trying something! Good for you….and that yogurt combination does sound delicious!

34 Jess@atasteofconfidence March 10, 2011 at 6:30 pm

good job on your first day!
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..Guest Post from Your Daily Grace

35 Jenny (Fit Girl Foodie) March 10, 2011 at 9:45 pm

That is some will power girl! Good job on being so strong and resisting temptation. The pumpkin bread looks delicious!! And I tried that chobani today for the first time and it’s really tasty :)
Jenny (Fit Girl Foodie) recently posted..Cause You’re Hot Then You’re Cold

36 Sheena March 12, 2011 at 7:01 pm

You should try making a gingerbread yogurt! I mix in allspice, ground ginger, tsp molasses, tsp vanilla and sweetner to taste into plain or lemon greek yogurt. It tastes so so so good! Cut up pear mixed in is a good filler and naturally sweetens too.

Yum!

37 Courtney March 13, 2011 at 8:49 am

I LOVE this idea! I am definitely going to have to try it. YUM! Thanks for sharing! :)
Courtney recently posted..Time To Be Irish!