One Day Success

I am happy to announce that I successfully completed my first night of no after dinner sweets free and clear!

Now you you may be thinking, “Geez Courtney, it’s only one day…”

And this is very true. However, I had to spend a chunk of my evening finishing up THESE:

And I managed to walk away without taking one bite of broken cookie or even one lick of frosting. Not one! I used Jay as my taste tester…and I’m pretty sure he didn’t mind.

I sat and enjoyed my mug of White Chocolate Kisses tea, which sort of satisfied my cravings. But even still, I figure, if I can handle last night, I can handle 40 days. Smile

Workout

This morning I woke up nice and early and decided to do this treadmill workout. It’s one  of my favorites and definitely works up a sweat! I followed it up with about 10 minutes of abs.

Breakfast

Maybe it was the workout, but I’m pretty sure it was the lack of snacking after dinner last night…but either way, I was starving for some breakfast this morning!

Another slice of Banana Raisin Pumpkin Bread. Only one today, and he’s naked. Surprised smile

A plain Chobani mixed with about 1/4 cup pumpkin, some cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and half a packet of Truvia.

Now I’m thinking THIS could be a good after dinner treat, if needed. It’s just like dessert!

I also have a banana to bring with me to work this morning, because I have a feeling I’m going to need it!

Time to head out on this gloomy, rainy day. C’mon sunshine, where are you???

Hope everyone has a GREAT day!

Question for the Day:

What was your last major success? Go ahead, you can brag, it’s ok! Smile

Comments

Good work! I give you a lot of credit working on those cookie cups and not even taking a lick of frosting!

Can I just say I feel like a total weirdo coveting your morning yogurt, but it just looks too freaking good!

2. Jessie Gipe says

First let me start off by saying your yogurt combination looks so delicious, I’m thinking that’ll be part of my lunch this afternoon :]

Second, to answer your question ” what was your last major success”….

My last major success was getting through an 8 month deployment while my husband was deployed overseas. It was one of the hardest things I’ve ever had to do, but our “first” kiss, and “first” hug made our time apart worth it. Even though I worked, hung out with friends, there was always a constant worry. He’s been home for 6 months now, and thankfully will not have to deploy again. The whole experience had taught me many lessons, and grew our marriage so much. I wish people would know to never take their marriage for granite, and the time they share with one another. To not let the littlest things get under their skin, and cause fights. Just be happy, and know that some wives/fiances/girlfriends may never see their men again, whether it has to do with military life, to regular day accidents.

Wow now that is impressive 😉 Your yogurt looks great, i will definitely have to try that! You could also try pumpkin butter in your yogurt!!

My last major success was when I made it to the National Cross Country meet this past fall! :)
    Tara @ The Game of Life recently posted..CHANGE OF PLANS!!

wow im impressed with you, I did a sugar detox back in Aug and had to make cookies for a party.. it was the hardest thing not tasting them but I was so proud of myself after I was finished. Good luck with your 40 days, I gave up gluten and animal products and I have a feeling the gluten part is gonna be tough. Have a great day!

I’m impressed! And I love that your no sweets rule is just for after dinner. That makes it so reasonable and still helps you focus on the sacrifice of it, but not have it overwhelm you so much. I know I would be overwhelmed going completely sweet free!
    Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..Stretch It Out

Good Job Courtney! You’re so brave! :)

Maria & I will be making 4 dozen cupcakes this weekend for a friend and we’re going to have to be as brave as you and not try a crumb! We have a HUGE order for a wedding next month so that will be super challenging but we know we can do it!

Keep it up!
    Lisa @ Healthy Diaries recently posted..46 days isn’t much… Right

I love mixing pumpkin and cinnamon with Chobani. It’s like pumpkin pie! 😀

My last major success was running 2.5 miles without stopping yesterday. May not seem like a big deal, but I have been coming back from a shin splint which left me unable to run for a month. I’m building my way back up and hope to do my 2nd half-marathon in a few months (and then the Chicago Marathon in October!)

Wow you have some willpower girl – congratulations on that!!! :)

My last major success was most definitely being on TV in the first Chobani commercial — definitely a success I never even dreamed of achieving!!!
    Stephanie @cookinfanatic recently posted..Jambalaya!

9. Sheena says

You should try making a gingerbread yogurt! I mix in allspice, ground ginger, tsp molasses, tsp vanilla and sweetner to taste into plain or lemon greek yogurt. It tastes so so so good! Cut up pear mixed in is a good filler and naturally sweetens too.

Yum!

Trackbacks

1. […] Skip to content Skip to content HomeBe a Fashionista!My StoryQ & A'sRecipesBreads/MuffinsBreakfastCookies/Cookie BarsCupcakes & FrostingsDinnersPies/Trifles/Truffles/Candies/CrispsSalads/Sides/Odds & EndsWeddingHoneymoon in St. LuciaCourtney & JayGetting ReadyFlowersWedding PartyFamilyCeremonyDecorations & DetailsReceptionRehearsal DinnerWorkout Log30 Minute Speedy Interval Run45 Minute Treadmill Workout30 Minute Calorie Blast30 Minute Interval RunIncline Treadmill Workout ← One Day Success […]