Time To Be Irish!

by Courtney on March 12, 2011

As you guys know, I’m a bit of a granny when it comes to Friday nights, and last night was certainly no exception!

Jay and I had a few errands to run after work, so while we were out, we stopped at one of our favorite restaurants for dinner, Lanie’s Café.

Rather than wait to be seated in the dining room, we opted for a seat in the bar area, which worked out just fine. We were hungry!

I started with a one-time trip to their amazing salad bar and loaded up with a little bit of everything. I seriously love their salad bar!

To go along with my salad, I ordered another Lanie’s favorite of mine, their Veggie Quesadillas. Just look at these things!

The quesadillas come stuffed with spinach, roasted red peppers, baby artichoke hearts, mushrooms, feta and mozzarella cheese. I think one of the reasons they’re a favorite of mine is because there is such an abundance of veggies and not too much cheese. Since, you know, I’m not a huge cheese person (gasp!). Winking smile

I ate two out of the three at dinner and got the third one boxed up to go. I debated tackling through it, seeing as though there would be no after dinner sweets, but I thought better of it.

Super tasty! Smile

*************

This morning, the alarm went off at 6am because we’ve got a big day ahead of us! Let’s just say it involves a little of this…

some of this…

a good amount of this…

IMG_0986IMG_0988

and some of this

We’re hosting Kegs & Eggs with some of our best friends! I really look forward to this day every year because it’s always such a blast. We usually start out in the morning and, if the weather’s nice, we’ll head down to the St. Patty’s Day Parade in downtown Albany. Two years ago, we had gorgeous weather!

DSC01087

But no matter what happens today, I’m sure there’ll be some shenanigans going on! Winking smile

Catch ya’ll later my friends! Time to go get Irish! Smile

Question for the Day:

Do you celebrate St. Patty’s Day at all? Does your local town/city have a parade?

1 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey March 12, 2011 at 7:53 am

How fun! I’m a bit of a grandma on Friday nights too. No shame! :)
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..preemptive intuitive eating

2 Annette March 12, 2011 at 7:58 am

Totally Irish genes over here! My dad is from Co Longford. We don’t have parties or parades here in the UK but as honorary Irish we always enjoy a Guiness on St Pat’s day :) Enjoy your celebrations. xx

3 Tara @ The Game of Life March 12, 2011 at 8:15 am

St. Patty’s day is the one holiday I don’t celebrate… but I always wear green ;) Have fun!
Tara @ The Game of Life recently posted..Qdoba para mi estomago!

4 cait March 12, 2011 at 8:31 am

hha yes we always have a fun time with St Pattys day festivities! aka going down to Chicago to enjoy the parade and some drinks! xo
cait recently posted..I Love Food

5 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries March 12, 2011 at 8:44 am

I love St. Patrick’s day! My family is super Irish, so we don’t take the situation lightly if you know what I mean ;) My whole family is going to be in FL this year, so I’m a little sad about that. Have a drink for me!

6 Melissa March 12, 2011 at 9:00 am

So fun! I love St. Patty’s Day–some friends and I are headed to Shamrock the Block this afternoon. It’s basically a giant St. Patty’s Day block party. Have a fun day!
Melissa recently posted..CtrlAltDelete

7 Alexa @ SimpleEats March 12, 2011 at 9:30 am

Starting early, huh?! Looks like fun! Enjoy!
Alexa @ SimpleEats recently posted..The Kitchen Sink

8 Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean March 12, 2011 at 9:31 am

looks like a fun day ahead!!! have a great time :)

9 Carrie (Moves 'N Munchies) March 12, 2011 at 10:09 am

that looks like SO MUCH FUN!i never celebrate st pattys day and im 1/2 irish!
Carrie (Moves ‘N Munchies) recently posted..Many Munchies

10 Kristina March 12, 2011 at 10:43 am

how old am I that I read this post, looked at W and said “is this weekend St. Patty’s???” WHAAAA? thanks for the reminder-ha!
Kristina recently posted..Pinklepine and POM…

11 Melissa @ Chocolate & Kisses March 12, 2011 at 11:23 am

I’m a big fan of a certain salad bar myself! That quesadilla does look good! Have a great time being Irish! Looks like a mighty good time to be lookin’ forward to!!
Melissa @ Chocolate & Kisses recently posted..Pantry Crawl Shrimp

12 Liz @ IHeartVegetables March 12, 2011 at 5:47 pm

That veggie quesadilla looks SO good!!! Yummm. Have fun being Irish! :)_
Liz @ IHeartVegetables recently posted..How to make do with what you’ve got