Lazy, Snacky, Movie

by Courtney on March 13, 2011

Yup, that right there basically sums up my day. I’m pretty sure I’m still recovering from all of yesterday’s shenanigans! Sheesh!

I’m lucky I was able to get myself up and moving long enough to go to the grocery store and make a trip to Redbox. Other than that, the couch has had my name on it alllll day. And for once, I’m ok with that!

Throughout the afternoon, I was feeling a little snacky, so I started by digging into my leftover Tabouli Salad.

The tabouli is actually really great when paired with my beloved Kashi crackers. I probably had at least a dozen or so crackers.

A little while later, I was craving something sweet so I made myself a bowl of cheerios with vanilla almond milk and strawberries.

Today’s combo was a mix of Multigrain + Cinnamon Cheerios, and it was delish, as always! Smile

Keeping my booty parked on the couch, Jay and I ended up watching the movie I rented from Redbox, Morning Glory. It was really cute! And I’m always a fan of Rachel McAdams…as is Jay. Winking smile

For dinner, I was really in no mood to cook. Plus I figured it’d be a good idea to work on my veggie intake (since it’s been minimal the past two days) so I made a big ‘ol salad!

In the mix: mixed baby greens, cukes, tomato, green pepper, onion, broccoli, baby carrots, and a chopped up Morningstar Farms veggie burger.

At the last minute, I decided to throw some croutons into the mix, along with a drizzle of Ken’s Lite Northern Italian w/ Basil & Romano. This dressing is my jam! Smile

I have a feeling I’m going to need something else this evening, but since sweets are out of the picture, I’ll have to get creative. Perhaps a frozen mango Chobani yogurt? Or a slice of my Banana Raisin Pumpkin bread? Or maybe a mug of hot chocolate made with almond milk. Hmmmmm…

Or maybe all three? Winking smile

I can’t believe the weekend is already coming to an end! Seriously, where does the time go???

Question for the Evening:

What is one thing you’re looking forward to for this upcoming week?

1 cait March 13, 2011 at 7:25 pm

great sunday! i def want to go see Morning Glory- I love Rachel too! That combo of vanilla almond milk and cinnamon cheeros looks yummy! I’m def looking forward to getting my huge presentation over with for class on thursday night! xo
cait recently posted..32 Concerts

2 briana March 13, 2011 at 7:25 pm

My favorite sweets that aren’t really sweets is a blended frozen banana with some yogurt and put some graham crackers on top with blueberries!

3 Heather T March 13, 2011 at 7:31 pm

I’m looking forward to a few things this week, one of them being getting to see you on Saturday!! :)

4 kate@ahealthypassion March 13, 2011 at 7:42 pm

ooh I love tabouli you just reminded me I need to make it soon!
kate@ahealthypassion recently posted..CSD Day 3

5 VanessaG March 13, 2011 at 8:07 pm

My Sunday was super sweet as well. It started with church, finishing up my lesson plans, back to church, and I’m about to gobble up some sweet ice cream. Great way to start the first day of the week! As sweet and as much as I love ice cream, I was reminded that Jesus is sweeter. Have a great week!!!

6 Christina @ Food.Fun.Fabulous. March 13, 2011 at 8:08 pm

I’m going to a tasting event at Naked Pizza tomorrow night – definitely looking forward to it!
Christina @ Food.Fun.Fabulous. recently posted..A Week Into My New Job &amp A New Restaurant

7 Melissa March 13, 2011 at 8:15 pm

I can’t wait for temps in the upper 60s & low 70s starting Wednesday & into next weekend! Weeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Melissa recently posted..Sham-Rockin’ Cookies

8 Tara @ The Game of Life March 13, 2011 at 8:30 pm

I am loving your cereal combo! I am looking forward to my 20th birthday on tuesday!!! :)
Tara @ The Game of Life recently posted..My birthday festivities have already started

9 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries March 13, 2011 at 8:32 pm

I’m looking forward to it being spring break – which means no work and no classes! The couch may be calling my name allll week ;)
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..Icing Overload

10 fsugirl! March 13, 2011 at 8:56 pm

I’m looking forward to St.Patrick’s Day and my FOUR day weekend!! :D

11 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine March 13, 2011 at 9:11 pm

This week I’m just looking forward to relaxing. It’s my spring break, after all!!
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Spanish Seafood Lovin

12 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun March 13, 2011 at 9:13 pm

I’m currently loving the cereal + fruit combo too. And Morningstar veggie burgers. Had one for lunch yesterday. So good!
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..Stretch It Out

13 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey March 13, 2011 at 9:31 pm

I love snacky days!!!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..preemptive intuitive eating

14 Jardan March 14, 2011 at 12:34 am

this week I am looking forward to being one week closer to our (my partner and I) Gold Coast holiday!! Going to be saying hello to private jacuzzi, 5 star service, golden beaches :):)
Jardan recently posted..March 14- 2011

15 Thetreadmilldiaries March 14, 2011 at 9:19 am

Everyone should have a couch day now & then. Good for you.
Thetreadmilldiaries recently posted..Giving In Never Felt So Good