Oh, How Times Are Changing

by Courtney on March 19, 2011

Some days, it will be hours until I actually sit down to rest, and yesterday just happened to be one of those days. On the Go-Go-Go!

I was out for the most of the day running errands and such. Once I got home, I had a cupcake order to take care of, so most of my evening was spent in the kitchen.

Chocolate PB Cup with Peanut Butter Frosting

Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting…YUMM! Smile

Once I finally got a chance to sit down, I spent the evening relaxing with some of our friends while watching the Syracuse game. Actually, I spent half of it falling asleep on the couch, but hey, sometimes that’s how I roll. Winking smile

*****************

After taking a rest day from working out yesterday, I woke up ready to get movin’ again! I ended up doing my favorite 45 minute treadmill run, covering just over 4 miles. It felt goooood.

I would have followed it up with some extra ab work, but I had a special Starbucks date to get to with my bestie, Heather!

Before leaving the house, I ate an un-pictured banana with peanut butter, and once I got to the ‘bux, I ordered a grande Skinny Caramel Macchiato. My faaaaavorite. Smile

I also brought along a Carrot Cake Larabar to snack on while I was there, which was definitely inspired by last night’s cupcakes. The carrot cake flavor is really good!

I had to laugh, because as soon as we got there, we both sat down and took out our purse hooks at basically the same exact time. I’m tellin’ you, these are the neatest little gadgets!

They totally eliminate having to worry about getting your purse all dirty and disgusting on the floor, plus, it keeps it off the table and out of the way. Love ‘em! Smile

Now, if you’ve been reading STSL for a while now, then you probably already know that Heather is one of my dearest and closest friends, and has been since kindergarten. This is actually a picture of us on our first day of kindergarten!

It’s crazy to think that it’s been almost 23 years since we first met…

IMG_1187  IMG_1189

But it’s even crazier to think of just just how much times are a-changin’!

I’ll fill ya’ll in on that a little later, but for now, Jay and I are out to attempt Round 2 of kitchen table shopping. Fingers crossed we can find something…this eating at the coffee table stuff is getting old pretty quick!

Question for the Day:

When was the last time you realized that things in your life were changing?

1 Kelly March 19, 2011 at 2:08 pm

Oh….is Heather pregnant??

2 Shanna, like Banana March 19, 2011 at 2:12 pm

Oh goodness..those pics are so cute of little you! Love!

Hmm, I think when I was 29, I felt life was taking a whole new course
Shanna, like Banana recently posted..My very first blogger meet up!

3 Tara @ The Game of Life March 19, 2011 at 3:59 pm

I have never heard of purse holders!! What a great invention!! :)
Tara @ The Game of Life recently posted..Inspiration

4 Lauren March 19, 2011 at 5:01 pm

I realized things were changing when I met my first little neice last night! She is now just over 24 hours old :)

5 Sara @ The Bucket List March 19, 2011 at 5:50 pm

Just recently I’ve realized it. I’m almost finished with college, and I’m about to make the biggest change of my life: joining the real world! It’s safe to say I’m SCARED, but so excited :)
Sara @ The Bucket List recently posted..Green Beer- Shotgunning- and a Final Interview!!

6 Jenny (Fit Girl Foodie) March 19, 2011 at 6:45 pm

I realized my life was changing when I graduated college!! Wahhhh :'( Take me backkkk

7 Liz @ IHeartVegetables March 19, 2011 at 7:51 pm

Thats cool you guys have been friends for so long! One of my good friends is 4 days younger than me and we’ve known each other our entire lives! But now I live in VA and she lives in Ohio so we don’t get to reunite as often :(
Liz @ IHeartVegetables recently posted..I’m Sorry That I’m Not Sorry

8 Melissa March 19, 2011 at 9:18 pm

Saw your tweet earlier! Perhaps things are changing for you, too?? :D

Things changed in a big way for me last fall when I moved several states away from all of my family and friends for a new job. It has been a big adventure, filled with ups and downs, but it has also been a new chapter in my life that I am beyond grateful for. I also realized things were really changing when the last of my high school girlfriends got engaged over Christmas. I’m the last woman standing. Happy for my friends, but it’s really hard to be the only one not attached when everyone else is. I guess I just have to trust that things happen in their own time.
Melissa recently posted..I’m Lovin’ It!

9 Karen March 19, 2011 at 9:30 pm

I love the purse hook…totally getting one of those!!! Hope your search for a kitchen table is successful!
Karen recently posted..If the Shoe Fits…

10 Emily March 19, 2011 at 9:36 pm

I totally have been having this realization lately, but it makes me excited and nervous at the same time! We all need to have a dinner date again soon :)
Emily recently posted..Workout Playlists and Fantastical Cupcakes

11 Courtney March 20, 2011 at 12:51 am

YES we do!!!

12 alessandra rubalcaba March 19, 2011 at 9:57 pm

OMG so I’ve been eyeballing your PB cupcakes for weeks and I finally did it… I made them and lemmetellya… they are TO.DIE.FOR.
just wanted to say thank you!!!!! (my thighs don’t thank you though! ;)

13 Courtney March 20, 2011 at 12:50 am

Oh YAY! I’m glad you liked them…and I apologize to your thighs too. Mine aren’t a huge fan of me either… ;)

14 kate@ahealthypassion March 19, 2011 at 10:11 pm

Those cupcakes look beautiful! You and heather are cute by the way, I have pics like that of me and my bff from kindergarten!
kate@ahealthypassion recently posted..Recap

15 Paije March 20, 2011 at 1:18 am

You made all those cupcakes??? SOO IMPRESSIVE!! They look delicious :D
Paije recently posted..Nubs of Life

16 Amy Glockner March 20, 2011 at 11:30 am

Hello!!!!

The cupcakes look awesome and very tasty. I am trying to get into cupcake decorating. I was wondering what tips you used for the icing? I just ordered a decorating kit with lots of tips to use and I love the way yours look.

Thanks a bunch!!

Amy

17 Courtney March 20, 2011 at 4:19 pm

Hi Amy! Decorating is so fun…I definitely want to get into it more myself!
I used both an 11-mm star tip & an 11-mm round tip. Hope that helps. :)

18 CaSaundra March 21, 2011 at 8:26 pm

Loving the looks of those cupcakes–you’re cream cheese frosting looks so light and fluffy! :-)

19 Janelle March 24, 2011 at 2:29 pm

I need the recipe for carrot cake cupcakes, PEASE!!!??????