I See Snow, I See Deer

by Courtney on March 24, 2011

Soooooo, how are we all doin’ on those dares so far today???

Don’t forget…if you want a chance to get your hands on an awesome SOYJOY fitness pack, make sure you enter and tell me your dare!

***********

So last night before going to bed, I double checked with hubby to see if he was still really ok with my morning treadmill run. Luckily, he’s still sticking with his word, so I got the gear ready and headed down nice and early this morning.

I started off by doing this workout, followed by about 10 minutes of walking @ 4.0mph with an incline of 10-12%. Nothing too intense, but definitely enough to work up QUITE a sweat. Oh yes, it was attractive. Winking smile

By the time I made it upstairs, it was just finally light out, and I was greeted with this pleasant sight…

I mean, really. Really?!? It’s now spring…snow, you are no longer needed around these parts! Eye rolling smile

Fast-forward to this afternoon and this time when I checked out the window, I was greeted with NO SNOW and some deer!

I was pretty excited, and thought Cody might want to check out the scene too, but apparently he had other things on his mind…

Smart guy. Winking smile

***********

Back to this morning! Breakfast was put nice and fast, and was probably consumed even faster. It’s not easy to resist having this staring you in the face for too long!

A (slightly over-toasted) Thomas’ whole wheat Bagel Thin, topped with peanut butter, banana slices, chia seeds, a drizzle of honey & a sprinkle of cinnamon.

I often forget about the wonderfulness that is honey & cinnamon on a toasted sandwich. Just a little goes a long way, but it totally changes the whole dynamic of the sandwich. I believe, some of you may even call call it, epic. Smile

While I didn’t snap photos of all of my lunch today, I did make sure to capture some delicious highlights…

A suuuuuper juicy, ripe pear.

And a killer yogurt combo!

What we have here is a plain Chobani, some leftover POM quinoa, a small spoonful of sugar-free raspberry jam, sliced strawberries, chia seeds, granola, and some Nurture Inc. Organic Strawberry Puffs.

Alright, I know it’s not the most attractive looking dish, but trust me…it was delish!

Tonight’s dinner is staying low-key, and I’m thinking about going to make myself a grilled ham & cheese sandwich with some steamed veggies. Then after that, I think I’m gonna go join Cody on the couch.

Can I get a “WOOT WOOT” for tomorrow being Friday?!? Open-mouthed smile

1 briana March 24, 2011 at 7:19 pm

This is my spring break and tomorrow means its the last day, so I’m not too excited!

2 Heather T March 24, 2011 at 7:23 pm

Ewww, deer!! Haha :)

3 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun March 24, 2011 at 7:24 pm

First off – Woot woot!!!

Second – love cinnamon and honey. They really do add a great dynamic!
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..My Ode To Trader Joe’s

4 Tara @ The Game of Life March 24, 2011 at 7:26 pm

I love cinnamon and honey… I am going to my favorite place tomorrow to get a pb banana honey and cinn sandwich!! My boyfriend and I go every friday night to this local place! Anyways so glad its friday tomorrow!!!
Tara @ The Game of Life recently posted..Inspiration

5 Charlie March 24, 2011 at 7:32 pm

Woot woot! :P

I’ve been seeing bagel thins on so many blogs and was very sad that they don’t sell them here. And what did I find today at the supermarket? Bagel thins ;). Yay! Definitely going to make a PB banana honey cinnamon sandwich with one ;).
Charlie recently posted..Summer Dream Strawberry Kiwi Muffins

6 jen March 24, 2011 at 7:34 pm

looks like my backyard..ha ha ha.
jen recently posted..The AOA 3rd Birthday Party

7 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries March 24, 2011 at 7:35 pm

WOOT WOOT! Seriously. :D
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..Weekend Wrap Up

8 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries March 24, 2011 at 7:38 pm

Oh, PS! My blogger friend nominated me for the One Lovely Blogger Award, you know, one of those “just for fun” things where you write seven things about yourself – and then nominate other bloggers. You might think those things are corny, (and that’s fine if you do!), but I nominated you on my blog :) I forgot I was supposed to comment on YOUR blog and let ya know!

9 Kelly March 24, 2011 at 8:19 pm

Woot Woot!

10 fsugirl! March 24, 2011 at 8:27 pm

Awwww… call me crazy….. but I LOVE snow! I’m going to miss Winter. :( WOOT WOOT for Friday!!!! :D

11 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey March 24, 2011 at 9:15 pm

Woot woot to Friday and the start of my spring break!!!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..the crazy thing i she did

12 Melissa March 24, 2011 at 9:35 pm

WOOT WOOT indeed! We still have 3 more weeks until spring break . . . I don’t know if I’m going to make it! We haven’t had a single day off the entire month of March. :(
Melissa recently posted..Randomly Ravenous

13 Courtney March 24, 2011 at 9:49 pm

I know whatcha mean…March is a LONG month!!

14 Pat Rowe March 24, 2011 at 10:38 pm

WOOT WOOT!!!!

15 michelle March 24, 2011 at 10:39 pm

Ack! deer! i find them so creepy; there’s so MANY here in virginia.
and I wish we got snow; i’m not liking this in-between winter/spring weather =[
michelle recently posted..Sushi overload

16 Khushboo March 25, 2011 at 2:45 am

I’m obsessed with cinnamon! Love how it adds a sweet flavor to anything without actually being sweet! Does greek yogurt with honey count as a dessert? If not, you could eat that after dinner when cravings hit? So fantastically creamy and hits the spot! Add some banana slices if you wanna go wild :)
Khushboo recently posted..Blog turns 1!

17 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine March 25, 2011 at 10:07 am

Bahhh enough with this weather, I agree!! Where is SPRING?! Hopefully this was the last cold blast!
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Dreams That End in Questions

18 allison March 25, 2011 at 10:34 am

A little dusting would have been nice, we got a good foot of snow in southern Ontario on Wednesday, the temps are so cold, it’s here to stay….