Worth The Wait

by Courtney on March 25, 2011

It’s Friday…and I’m in total granny mode. No surprise there!

As soon as I got home from work today, I was happily surprised to see that Jay had gotten out of work early and was already home to greet me. We spent about an hour just hanging out on the couch playing with Cody and watching the Food Network.

IMG_1331IMG_1333

IMG_1334IMG_1341

By 4:30, both of our stomachs were already rumbling, so it was time to think about dinner. All week, the two of us have been having major cravings for one of our favorite take-out places, Testo’s. We decided to hold off until tonight, and I must say that it was definitely worth the wait…

I’m pretty sure I’ve seen this meal in our house before! Winking smile

I am completely and utterly, 100% in love with their Pasta Fagioli,

IMG_1351IMG_1353

and their meatballs,

and their garlic bread.

I’d also have to say that this glass of wine I had with dinner was just as lovely. Smile

Believe it or not, we were finished with dinner by 6:00 tonight, and have already watched last night’s DVR’d season finale of the Jersey Shore. I can’t tell you the last time we’ve been done with dinner this early! Either way, I’m likin’ it. Winking smile

Now I’ve got myself a second glass of wine and a movie from Redbox…Ryan Reynolds? YES PLEASE! Open-mouthed smile

IMG_1356IMG_1357

Thanks to a coupon code, we nabbed this baby for FREE! I’m not sure if it will work for everyone, but just in case you want to give it a try, the coupon code we used is “DVDONME.” Let me know if you give it a try and if it works!

Boy I’ll tell ya, I just love me some lazy Friday nights! Hopefully yours is just as enjoyable…lazy or not! Smile

**Just a Reminder…only a little more time left to enter my SOYJOY Fitness Pack Giveaway, so make sure you enter and tell me your dare!

Question for the Evening:

What is your ideal Friday night?

1 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) March 25, 2011 at 7:09 pm

HAHA that is EXACTLY how I’m currently spending my Friday night too! In front of the TV with a plate full of pasta! In my sweats with a bowl of vegan chocolate ice cream. THIS is my ideal Friday night- just chilling!! :D
Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) recently posted..Protein lovin’

2 michelle March 25, 2011 at 7:36 pm

that pasta fagioli looks cute! i’ve never seen that sort of shaped pasta before.
my ideal friday night is spent dancing away with close friends! :D but of course, i have my granny nights, too… more often than ever as i’m getting older !

3 Stacie March 25, 2011 at 7:36 pm

Love me some Ryan Reynolds! Let us know if the movie is good or not.

My ideal Friday is doing anything with my friends.
Stacie recently posted..My Running Story Part I- Becoming a Runner

4 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey March 25, 2011 at 7:41 pm

I’m in granny mode every Friday night – nothing wrong with that one!!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..the crazy thing i she did

5 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries March 25, 2011 at 7:56 pm

We were finished dinner by 6:30, and now we’re browsing Netflix :) Enjoy your Friday!
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..Weekend Wrap Up

6 Christina @ Food.Fun.Fabulous. March 25, 2011 at 7:59 pm

I much prefer ordering in and watching a movie with the boy on a friday night rather than going out :) PS – prepare to be really frustrated while watching Bured lol
Christina @ Food.Fun.Fabulous. recently posted..Vegan week ends with a trip to ANCE

7 Courtney March 25, 2011 at 10:44 pm

Ummm…YEAH…I love Ryan Reynolds, but that movie was definitely not what I expected! :-O

8 Kathryn March 25, 2011 at 9:30 pm

I have those exact same socks! I love all the different bright colors :)

9 Khushboo March 25, 2011 at 10:22 pm

I love grannie Friday nites. The thought of not setting an alarm or waking up hungover is a tad exciting :). last night was ideal. I made a huge smoked salmon stir fry for dinner while watching Julia& Julie (amaz movie), busted out Choc chip cookies for dessert and then passed out by 11.30! :)
Khushboo recently posted..Blog turns 1!

10 Tara @The Game of Life March 25, 2011 at 10:55 pm

I am having the perfect Friday Night! I got my favorite restaurant Pei Wei and Frozen Yogurt and then caught up on shows!! I love lazy friday’s!!!
Tara @The Game of Life recently posted..Inspiration

11 Alexa @ SimpleEats March 25, 2011 at 11:09 pm

Your Friday looks pretty ideal to me! I love a nice dinner out, followed by pj’s, a movie and a glass o wine. Very similar!
Alexa @ SimpleEats recently posted..Half Vegan

12 Jenny (Fit Girl Foodie) March 25, 2011 at 11:27 pm

What a nice Friday night in. I love staying in with my boyfriend and watching movies together although I usually end up falling asleep lol That pasta and garlic bread look so yummy. And those meatballs are huge!! :)
Jenny (Fit Girl Foodie) recently posted..Battle Of The Oats

13 Paije March 26, 2011 at 12:31 am

Those are some big meatballs :)
I am always in granny mode on Friday. Especially if I’m not working. Ideal night is a night like tonight, watching dateline with my boyfriend and reading blogs :D
Paije recently posted..Nubs of Life

14 Kate March 26, 2011 at 10:02 am

I love Friday nights like that and as time goes on I’ve been spending more and more Fridays that way. (Whoa, I really do sounds like a granny.) I love just relaxing after a week at work, it’s the best. Glad you enjoyed!
Kate recently posted..friday fatigue

15 Karen March 26, 2011 at 10:05 am

Sounds like a perfect Friday night to me!! I love me some Ryan Reynolds : )
Karen recently posted..Wednesday Love

16 Jane March 26, 2011 at 3:05 pm

That movie was the worst, right?!

17 Brenda @Year 25 March 26, 2011 at 5:23 pm

Thanks for the Redbox code. I’ll have to try it the next time I go to the store. How was Buried? Did that go straight to DVD or did I miss it in theaters? Since signing up for Netflix, I’m often out of the loop with movies; too much time watching seasons of Keeping Up With The Kardashians, not enough time watching network tv!
Brenda @Year 25 recently posted..Much Ado about a New Rug

18 Courtney March 26, 2011 at 6:51 pm

honestly, it was not that great…the whole thing was him in a coffin. I had no idea!

19 Brenda @Year 25 March 27, 2011 at 9:01 pm

The promo code worked! Thanks! : )
Brenda @Year 25 recently posted..Learning to Decorate