Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies

Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies! (see recipe below)

nutella chocolate chip cookies

Gooood Morning! How would ya’ll like a nice, good ‘ol cookie recipe to start off your Monday??

About a month ago while grocery shopping, I picked up a jar of this:

Would you believe, that in my 27 years of life, I had never once tried Nutella? It always sounded good, but I guess maybe part of me was scared to buy it; I love chocolate, and I love hazelnuts.

Putting the two together could spell T.R.O.U.B.L.E for me.

Well last week, I decided I had waited long enough and dug right in. Sure enough, one bite is all it took for me to realize that this jar would stand no chance in my house…WOW.

Why in the world did I wait so long to try this?!?!?! Disappointed smile

So, in an attempt to save myself from sitting down and eating out of the jar with an ice cream scoop, I decided to do the next best thing…put it in a cookie.

This may be one of the best decisions I’ve made in a long time. Well, besides last night’s mac & cheese. Winking smile

Trust me on this one…go fire up your mixer!

************

First, start off by mixing your dry ingredients.

Next, cream together your butter and sugars until nice and fluffy.

Add in your vanilla extract and the star ingredient!

Next, add in the egg and mix well.

Once all the wet ingredients are incorporated, add in your dry ingredients and mix until just combined.

Stir in the chocolate chips by hand, and then it’s time to get bakin’! Smile

Use a cookie scoop or tablespoon to drop dough about 2 inches apart on parchment-lined baking sheets.

Bake for about 10 minutes, allow to cool on baking sheet, and then try your best not to dig in immediately. Winking smile

These cookies really are perfect. They have a similar consistency to a peanut butter cookie: slightly crumbly on the outside, yet moist and chewy on the inside.

The original recipe I found called for cocoa powder in the cookies, but I think that the chocolate from the Nutella and the chips is plenty.

I also love the subtle hint of cinnamon you get every once in a while. It’s a nice surprise and really lends an excellent flavor to the overall cookie.

If you ask me, I think you should try to make these cookies, ASAP.

Just sayin’! Winking smile

***********

Just catching up from the weekend?

I ate cupcakes for breakfast…

Jay and I took an adventure though Massachusetts.

I indulged in an amazing new mac & cheese recipe!

************

Question for the Day:

Have you ever tried Nutella? If so, what’s your favorite way to eat it?

Comments

I’m so so glad you’ve joined the Nutella bandwagon! When I was in Europe this summer, this is all I ate – I had to find it as soon as I got back to the States. Now it’s a staple in my kitchen. Thank you for posting this recipe – I might just have to try it out at the end of the week :)

Yum!! So… I’ve had an unopened jar of Nutella in my CAR for like 6 months! I guess I’d have been doing just fine if I had gotten trapped in one of our 500 winter blizzards?! Anyway, maybe I’ll put it to use with some baking. :)

i LOVE Nutella! I made pb cookies with Nutella in the middle and they were amazing but I would love to try these choc. chip ones! nom nom nom! xo ps if you have extra’s I’d be happy to take them off your hands ;)
      cait recently posted..new blog award

I can’t believe that nutella made it a month in your house, it only lasts a matter of days in ours! My boyfriend eats spoonfuls of it from the jar haha, it stands no chance. I like to drizzle it over a banana for a treat. The cookies look great :)
      Stephanie @cookinfanatic recently posted..The Gracious Gourmet

I love Nutella…it is amazing. I actually hadn’t tried it before either until a few years ago. Since it IS so sweet I actually like it with something salty…like crackers or drizzled over popcorn. I am such a sucker for the sweet/salty combination.

27 years without Nutella??? Dayuum! I grew up on this stuff: on pancakes, toast, digestive biscuits dipped in, with apples/strawberries, as cake frosting, banana & nutella crepes, on a spoon…hmmm no wonder I was a chubby kid ;)
      Khushboo recently posted..Antioxidants on steroids

I can’t believe you’ve never had Nutella?! Seriously?! It was a staple in our house growing up. You couldn’t get it in the US until maybe 10-15 years ago, so we’d bring back jars of it from France twice a year. Crazy good!! I love it most on warm croissants…what it was created for!
      Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Waffling

8. Christina says

This was a dangerous blog for me to read. I had to come home early today because my babysitter had a family emergency. Jacks is sleeping and I was just deciding what I should do. These look fabulous…..if only I had some Nutella, however it will be on my shopping list.
      I tried Nutella years ago but wouldn’t buy it for I knew I would just eat it straight from the jar by the spoonful. This gives me a reason to try buy it, i will just have to make sure to freeze the majority of the cookies asap. I have no control.

Oh man, I’m so glad you finally tried Nutella! I don’t usually buy it because it stands no chance in my kitchen, either! Did you know that it goes well with, oh, EVERYTHING?! Those cookies look amazing, but I’m pretty sure they’d get me in as much trouble as just the jar sitting there- no self control! :)
      Megan (Braise The Roof) recently posted..I Am Stronger Than The Cheese

10. April says

I love Nutella. It is very sweet, so I like to mix a small spoon of Nutella with a bigger spoon of natural pb and use that for dipping pretzels. MMmmmmM.

I’m studying abraod in Rome right now, and Nutella is EVERYWHERE! Nutella gelato, nutella-filled cornettos/croissants…you name it, they’ve got it. It’s so delicious — even in sandwich form! I’m definitely trying this recipe when I am reunited with my kitchen in May :)

• Courtney says

Oh gosh…if we kept them all for ourselves, then we’d most surely polish them off. But I’ll usually bring a few into work to share with my co-workers, or I’ll send some in with Jay to bring to work, too. Sometimes, I’ll also freeze some. For example, I just took a few frozen cinnamon chip scones out of the freezer yesterday that I had saved! :)

12. Bethany says

I am 26 and I never had Nutella til this year either!! I am addicted. A D D I C T E D. I eat it with coco pop rice crisps (I buy them @ Wegman’s) they are like a rice cake. I can’t get enough of this stuff. Mmmmm!!!

• Courtney says

Aww, thank you!!
        That place looks AWESOME! Do you ever order from them? I feel like I’d be ordering ALL the time. ;)

13. Julie says

Seeing your post reminded me that I had a nearly full jar of Nutella in the cupboard. I was missing some ingredients for the cookies so I tried Nutella chocolate cupcakes instead! I went the easy route and made triple chocolate cupcakes from the box, made a hole and squeezed some Nutella in the middle, and topped it off with vanilla buttercreme frosting…I am currently eating one now :)

14. Heather says

I just made these. OMG they are so amazing. You are right, the little bit of cinnamon is perfect. Great recipe!

15. Heather says

Just wanted to tell you that I made these for a family BBQ and they were a HUGE hit. I did sub in some ww flour and cut the butter with applesauce though to make myself feel better about eating them lol. But still, amazing! Thanks!

16. Rebecca says

I made these for a holiday party and everyone was raving about them! I’m pretty sure I could inhale an entire batch by myself – so good!

Trackbacks