Top or Bottom?

It seems like lately, I just can’t get enough peanut butter in the mornings. It’s all I’m craving! So it should come as no surprise that today’s breakfast is an exact replica of yesterday’s.

The only difference in today’s combo was some raisins.

Too bad I hadn’t thought about it yesterday…it was a nice little touch! Smile

Along with my English muffin was a festive mug-o-joe. Yup, I brought out the Easter decorations! Why not, right? They’re cute. Smile

As I was enjoying this morning’s English muffin, I couldn’t help but notice the difference between the top and the bottom. All my life, I’ve always saved the top of the English muffin for last because it’s my favorite.

I like how the top always seems to be a bit “plumper,” whereas the bottom half usually ends up being hollowed out.

However, when it comes to bagels, I like saving the bottom for last, yet I really have no particular reason why? Hey, I guess maybe I’m just a weirdo…

orrrr maybe not…let’s see what you guys think! Winking smile

Question for the Day:

Which half do you like better for English muffins and bagels – Top or Bottom??

Comments

1. Alexis says

This is so funny…I am exactly the same. Top for muffins, bottom for bagels!!! (Now I want a PB one of each!!) :)

Haha, I thought I was a huge weirdo because I will never ever eat the top first. I also find myself doing it with sandwich thins, even though there is not really a difference.
    kelly recently posted..Being creepy

I just can’t get enough peanut butter this week too! I’ve been having it with my oats every morning!

I like the top halves of bagels better just because they seem to be crispier? Esp if they have toppings. As for English muffins I’ve never had a preference.

4. Tara @ The Game Of Life says

Yummy!!! Love the addition of raisins! I like the top the best!! ESP when I get a bagel from einsteins bc I don’t like the things they put on the bottom.
    Tara @ The Game Of Life recently posted..Inspiration

5. Jen says

The tops get saved for last, always! Especially with bagels! I’m a bit of a bagel snob though – in high school I worked at a coffee/bagel shop that made their own bagels, and they are AMAZING, but my favorite bagels were the Tillamook cheese bagel, or the Asiago Spinach bagel and both had cheeses melted on top during baking, so clearly the top was the best half! I will forever love bagels, YUM!

6. Stefanie says

I’m the same way! Love the tops of the muffins because their thicker & softer, whereas I like the bottom of bagels because its thicker/bigger!

7. Shayla says

I’m totally with you on that one!! Love love the top of english muffins. They’re so much more fluffier and doughier than the bottom. I’ve even before made a sandwich with both tops and gave the bottoms to my hubby! Haha! Same with bagels, love the top better! :)

Awe, your breakfast is smiling! 😀

I like the bottoms because of the cornmeal crust. I’m a big texture/crunch person and that totally does it for me!

9. Allison says

I always save the top of the English muffin for last too! It’s fluffier than the bottom. As for bagels, I like the top best. I usually eat Everything bagels; the top is where all the seasoning is. Yum!

Lately I’ve been addicted to pb as well. I thought about eating oats with an egg yesterday,but thought that I’d miss an opportunity to eat peanut butter, so I caved and had my good old pb and oats!!!

It’s not a bad addiction, right?
    Amy recently posted..Soup with a Chance of Bread

I have that same breakfast almost everyday! Amazing that I never get sick of it! But I like the top of the english muffin the best for sure!

Trackbacks