Healthy To Be Unhealthy

Boy, it’s a good thing I decided to get my butt movin’ today…there were some yummy treats consumed this afternoon and evening!

Workout

I was actually considering taking today off from exercise. I just wasn’t in the mood for anything in particular, until I happened to be scrolling through Kristin’s blog and found her amazing 5-4-3-2-1 Treadmill Routine.

The 55-minute routine covers (3) sets of 5 minutes @ 6.0mph, 4 minutes @ 6.5, 3 minutes @ 7.0, 2 minutes @ 7.5 and 1 minute at 8.0. When all was said and done, I had completed 5.6 miles, which is actually the farthest I’ve ever attempted to run. Who knew!?! Thanks so much for the idea, Kristin!

For some post-run fuel, I enjoyed a wonderful cereal combo bowl: Quaker Oatmeal Squares, Cinnamon Burst Cheerios, Fantastically Festive, strawberries, vanilla almond milk, & chia seeds.

See, still healthy, right? Winking smile

Well…

Shortly after, I headed out with Jay and my parents to take care of some things this afternoon. While we were out, my dad announced “How about a stop for a cone at the Snowman?”

Ummm…is that even a questions?? Hellllz YES!

I ordered an Orange & Vanilla Twist with massive amounts of rainbow sprinkles. For it being my first trip of the season to The Snowman, it definitely did not disappoint.

Dinner

Since we had our ice cream around 4:30 this afternoon, Jay and I weren’t really ready for dinner until a little after 7. Neither of us wanted to cook. He was craving wings, I was craving pizza. So what do we do? We order take-out from The Redfront! Smile

Seriously, some of the best pizza, ever. We ordered a small COB (cheese on bottom), Jay got his wings, and we both ordered a side salad in an attempt to add some extra veggies…

Clearly, we loaded up on veggies with these bad boys. Is that not a pathetic looking “salad” or what?

And to top it all off, they dared to load up with tons of olives. Sheesh! Confused smile

Hey, it’s a good thing their pizza is pretty, ummm, freakin’ phenomenal.

Everything about their pizza just rocks. The crust is light and chewy, the sauce is slightly sweet, and the cheese is, well…

fantastic. Open-mouthed smile

And you know what?

I enjoyed every last bite of all my goodies today with no regret, because I truly do believe that sometimes, it’s “healthy to be unhealthy.” No need to fret about making sure every single meal is loaded with veggies. What fun is that?

I think you all can see that I try to make smart and healthy food decisions probably 80% of the time. The other 20% is usually something to satisfy my sweet tooth, or a nice, cheesy take-out pizza. I think that’s what maintaining a healthy lifestyle is all about…balance!

***********

Now, we’ve both got our cozies on and are ready to sit down and watch a movie. We picked out two from Redbox (they’re currently having a “Buy 2, get a coupon code for another one FREE” deal) – The Fighter and How Do You Know?

I want to see both, but I’m thinking a romantic comedy is in order for this evening…

Hope everyone’s having a fabulous weekend so far!

Questions for the Evening:

How do you maintain a healthy, balanced lifestyle?

Comments

Love this post!! I struggle with balance every day!! I agree though, my mom always tells me a little grease is good for your bones every now and then! That pizza looks great :) I had a healthy dinner, but then devoured some peanut butter m&m’s… totally balanced 😉
    Tara @ The Game of Life recently posted..Inspiration

• Courtney says

YES!! It definitely has a different taste. I have to specifically be in the mood for this kind of pizza because it’s so much different from a traditional one. It’s just sooooo awesome. 😛

2. Pat Rowe says

WOW, that looks like a fantastic supper! Just a little FYI…………..2 rainbow sprinkles (1white, 1 red) found behind the driver’s seat today!!! That would be Jay I think!!! hahaha

3. Samantha says

We try to only eat out once or twice each week…and the rest is healthy cookin at home. :) It’s a struggle though.

By the way … “The Fighter” is amazing!!! You should rent it when you get a chance

4. Tammy says

What did you think of How Do You Know? I normally love romantic comedies, but this one almost made me fall asleep in the movie theater!

Have a great evening!

haha ohmygosh i love this post girl :) that cone looks amazing! yeah I agree, I wasn’t a HUGE fan of the movie although I love all actors in it..I also feel asleep! Hope you’re having a great night girl! xo
    cait recently posted..Big Blow Out Proposal

Oh I wish I had seen this earlier…I was NOT a fan of “How do You Know.” I thought it was so strange, and I love Paul Rudd normally!

I struggle with maintaining a healthy, balanced lifestyle quite often. It’s so tough being in NYC where the pressure is on to be “perfect.” Sometimes I’m tooooo healthy, and sometimes I go completely UNhealthy. Definitely trying to find that perfect balance, and I really admire the balance that you have found :-) Hopefully, my blog will help me get there!

Love your mentality! Last night I definitely indulged a bit too. I’m not a drinker, but we went over to our friends’ house and they had already made a huge pitcher of mojitos – can’t say no to mojitos!!!! And you know what? It was the best night I’ve had in a looong time! :)
    chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..the crazy thing i she did

I don’t restrict myself from having anything. If I want pizza, I have it. If I want ice cream, I have it. I just try not to eat the whole pizza or the whole tub of ice cream! Seems to be a decent strategy! And if I have a giant plate of pancakes for breakfast, I might do a salad for dinner. It’s all about balance, for sure. Oh, and not feeling guilty if I do indulge! Life should be enjoyed!
    Melissa recently posted..When Plans Fail

9. Heather T says

Mmmmmmm, I want some soft serve now!! Sammy said she’s already been to Snowman 4 times since they’ve been open, haha.

I definitely agree with your post! Sometimes you need to have something “bad” because it is good for your mental health. No deprivation for me :) I enjoy something sweet every couple of days to keep me sane!

11. Shayla says

Wow that fro yo and pizza looks delish!!! I’m all about balance too…if I didn’t indulge every now and then I’d go nuttzo!! I do though try to be pretty healthy during the week by getting in all my veggies, fruit, and healthy protein and carb sources. But come weekend, I’m ready to be more relaxed about my diet and if I’m truly craving something like a burger or pizza, I go for it and enjoy every last bit of it without guilt. Life’s too short and we gotta indulge in those cravings once in a while 😉

Trackbacks