Two Years Ago Today

April 4th. Do you know what YOU were doing last year on April 4th?

Nope, me either.

Do you know what you were doing two years ago on April 4th?

Yup, I sure do!

Two years ago from this day, Jay and I set out to enjoy a wonderful weekend away in Lake Placid, NY. When we left our house, it was a fairly nice day, but as soon as we arrived in Lake Placid, the snow was falling and it was CHILLY!

We stayed in a beautiful hotel that gave us a phenomenal view of the lake. Once we arrived and were ready to check in, I found out that for “some reason,” we were even given an upgrade to our room.

The weekend was definitely off to a great start, despite the weather. We braved the sleet and snow and enjoyed a little shopping in the downtown area. Eventually, we headed back up to our hotel room to get ready for a nice dinner out.

Well, the dinner was the least of my concerns once I realized that there was much more going on that was about to change my life…

Yes Yes!! Two years ago today, after almost 10 years of dating, Jay asked me to be his wife. Smile

Obviously, I took the whole thing very seriously…

Hehe. I’m pretty sure that this picture was taken well after everything happened. Oh yes, and in case you haven’t already read our engagement story, feel free to check it out on the wedding website I created.

Honestly, there’s only two other things I can remember about that evening; we were given free champagne from our waiter at dinner after we told him our news, and we came back and ate a bunch of chocolates while soaking it up in our enormous hot tub. Smile

Talk about a great day, right???

I’m not sure if today will nearly compare to the excitement that was two years ago, but hey, at least I’ve got my memories!

Happy Engagement Day, Jay! Winking smile

(Clearly, I’m a big fan of celebrating any anniversary!)

This morning, I enjoyed another lovely cereal combo bowl…

Quaker Oatmeal Squares + Multigrain Cheerios + Kashi Go Lean Crisp + vanilla almond milk + banana slices

…I’ve got my coffee, and now I’m ready to tackle my day!

Questions for the Day:

Do you have a fun engagement story?

Do you celebrate different anniversaries (wedding/dating/engagement/etc…)?

Happy engagement anniversary to you both! What a nice story. Our engagement is pretty similar to yours. My hubby took me to a hotel in NYC for the weekend of my birthday and he popped the question there. We celebrate our dating anniversary and our wedding anniversary. We celebrated the day we got engaged for a year or two but once we were married it was phased out : )

aww girl I LOVE THIS :) what a great way to celebrate such a big day for you! i loved hearing about your engagement and then posting the great pictures hehe! have a wonderful monday! xo
    cait recently posted..Guest Bloggers

I love celebrating random things because that usually means I get icecream or cake hah. I am going to check your wedding website out after this, but my sister had a pretty cool engagement…. He asked her in the air on a hot air balloon!!!!
    Tara @ The Game Of Life recently posted..Inspiration

4. fsugirl! says

Awwwww!! I love it! You both look so happy! 😀 I celebrate anything like: “Hey you know,last year we bought the new car…. we should celebrate!” 😉

awe what a beautiful story! Im a sucker for engagement stories right now because I just got engaged! (our 2 month engage-averary is this week HAHA got to celebrate everything RIGHT?!)
    Sarah recently posted..Sunday- Dog Day

Aww, happy engagement anniversary. My engagement story wasn’t nearly as exciting. But it still means a lot to me.

He surprised me with a ring and proposal on my birthday as I wad studying for a horrible work certification test. Totally made my birthday and I bombed the test bc all I could think about was being engaged. Thanks, honey!!”

So fun to hear your engagement story.

We were in the middle of renovating the enitre downstairs of our house and decided to take a break for a day to go on a hike (one of our favorite activities). While we were out, Peter had his brother come in and set up a picnic dinner (in the middle of all the chaos!) with my favorite meal at the time, candles, flowers, and everything. I came in and walked right past the scene because I’m so oblivious. Then smelled the candles and started screaming that something was burning. Turned around and FINALLY saw the scene set out. LOL Then he gave me a special letter and got down on one knee. I always laugh at how spastic I am…and the fact that it’s so Peter that he proposed amidst house renovation mess instead of on the hike.
    Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..Self-Love Reflections- Outward Beauty

Aw! What a cute engagements story. I love Lake Placid. We used to go there every year for a family trip.
    I don’t have an engagement story just yet. Still waiting….for 6 years! *sigh* men…
    Kristi @ KristiAteIt recently posted..Hibachi!

9. Vicky D says

Awww..that’s a neat story!!! April 4 will always be a special day because it’s my birthday!! Looks like we both have things to celebrate!!! :-)

Happy engagement anniversary! I got goosebumps reading this :) It’s so weird, because this morning, for whatever reason, I was replaying my fiance’s proposal in my mind.
    It was perfect, Courtney! It was my graduation day from college (this past May), and Cory was graduating with his MBA. After the ceremony, we met up with both our families to take pictures. I guess my mom was tired of posing because she said (not knowing what was going to happen) “Let’s start getting some pictures of Colleen and Cory.”
    The cameras started going, and Cory was talking to me about how much he loves me and whatnot. I was like “Can this wait?! Smile for these pictures!”
    Then, it all happened. He pulled a box of of his pocket, got down on one knee in front of both our families and asked me to marry him! (My mom got the BEST pictures!) AH! I have never been so surprised in my life. It was wonderful. We’re four months away from the wedding and I can’t wait!!
    Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..Bad Blogger

This is soooo sweet! My husband lucked out in that all of our main anniversaries land on the same day…he proposed on the anniversary of our first date, and we got married on that same day the next year!
    I always test him though and see what little things he remembers…I was going through a photo album and I kept asking him if he remembered what we were doing in each picture…surprisingly he did very well!
    Angela @ MyPinkyToes recently posted..First Official Race Recap!

So funny because Saturday was mine and my husband’s six month “anniversary” since we got married in October and neither one of us realized it until my mom pointed it out to me today! Hopefully we’ll remember the real deal when it comes around :)
    Molly recently posted..Weekend Chores

happy engagement anniversary!

my engagement was SO un-romantic. i was proposed to on NYE while sitting on the couch wearing pink polka dot pajamas, stuffing my face w/oreos. lol!
    Erica recently posted..our busy-bee day

14. Shayla says

Awww what a great story! Happy Engagement Anniversary to you two! I love celebrating anniversaries and will never forget our first date anniversary so I made sure for our wedding day to be on that date! Now we get to celebrate two anniversaries on 1 day! :)

15. Shayla says

Oh and for our engagement my hubby took me to the restaurant where our first date was. I thought that was so sweet and I had no idea he was going to propose since the reason for the date was to celebrate our dating anniversary. Now that I think about it, our dating anniversary turned into our engagement anniversary and then into our wedding anniversary… I guess on that one day we’re celebrating 3 anniversaries!!

Oh and I didn’t remember much that night either except for being so deliriously happy and drinking copious amounts of champagne and dessert 😉

16. Samantha says

Yay! I love engagement anniversaries! Now I get one too! I just got engaged on January 22nd, 2011.

He had planned a fun day where we were going to the butterfly exhibit at the museum and then dinner afterward. Little did we know that the butterfly museum was a “rainforest simulation” and was 100 degrees…so we walked around and we stopped by a waterfall. The next thing I know is that he was down on one knee asking me to be his wife! We were hugging and kissing and sweating from the humidity…then he proceeds to tell me that he hired a professional photographer to snap pictures of the entire thing plus a photo shoot afterward! Such a romantic! He had no idea it was hot in there…makes for a unique story though.

Have a great day!

17. Kathryn says

My husband and I were in Spain (he has family there) and he proposed to me on top of a very old castle in Zahara (1300s). It was quite a climb to the castle, but completely worth it:)

Happy Engagement Day Court!! …and because I already read the post from tonight- your flowers are beautiful! What a nice surprise :)
    & you already know my engagement story 😉 Can’t wait for it to ‘come to life’ in less than 2 months 😀
    Holly recently posted..Opening Day 2011

Aw I love this…because I got engaged in the same town! ….because that’s where I grew up. :) I hope you guys can go back in the summer. The snow is beautiful, but as you probably already know, Adirondack summers are amazing.
    Amanda recently posted..Post-Vacation Vacation