Super Awesome

by Courtney on April 5, 2011

Look! My tulips are already starting to open a bit…I love it!

It’s the little things that help keep a smile on my face. Smile

**********

Today’s lunch was suuuuper awesome. Yes, I know I sound like a 5th grader, but that’s exactly how I want to describe it. Super Awesome. Winking smile

After going almost two years of having the same lunch over and over again (the Monday Usual, which is still enjoyed on occasion!) it’s such a pleasant change to switch things up a bit. Especially when there’s leftovers from an awesome meal the night before.

I put together an easy salad using last night’s leftover zucchini shrimp skewer, romaine lettuce, grape tomatoes, red pepper, and some fat-free President Mediterranean feta cheese.

On the side, I snacked on some homemade pita chips! We still have a couple pitas leftover from last week’s chicken souvlaki, so I cut half of one into wedges, topped it with a little cooking spray and spices, and popped ‘em under the broiler for a few minutes.

Obviously, they could have come out a little sooner. Winking smile

But luckily they were still quite tasty, and I actually ended up crumbling a couple of them up and putting them right into my salad.

This afternoon I also got to work in the kitchen once again…but this time, it was cookies.

My mom asked if I could bake a batch of sugar cookies for her to bring to work, so I happily obliged. These may just be one of my favorite sugar cookies to date…

…and I’ll be sure to be sharing the recipe very shortly! Winking smile

************

Tonight, Jay and I are headed to my in-laws for dinner…not sure what’s on the menu, but I’m sure it’ll be yummy!

Question for the Day:

Do you tend to stick to a similar routine with meals or do you prefer to switch it up?

1 Kelly April 5, 2011 at 4:18 pm

Wow…that lunch is definitely super awesome! :)
Kelly recently posted..winner winner chicken dinner

2 Carrie (Moves 'N Munchies) April 5, 2011 at 4:21 pm

i LOVE your tulips! they are my fav flower!! and DANG hand methose cookies pweezz! my breakki is always the same and my snacks are more or less the same.. lunch and dinner i tend to switch up!
Carrie (Moves ‘N Munchies) recently posted..YOU BETTA READ!

3 Katy @ A Healthy Shot of Life April 5, 2011 at 4:21 pm

Love your pretty flowers! I tend to get into a routine (or rut?) with meals, especially breakfast and lunch, and I’ll switch things up every few weeks. With so much on my mind between school and work, I think my brain is too tired to dream up new meals and I stick to what works. Your salad looks awesome though!

4 Angela @ MyPinkyToes April 5, 2011 at 4:27 pm

Those tulips look beautiful!!! I love celebrating the little things :)
Angela @ MyPinkyToes recently posted..My Pinky Toes…The Story Behind the Name

5 Hannah (mindrunningwild) April 5, 2011 at 4:46 pm

I almost bought myself some fresh flowers today when I was downtown then I forgot :( yours look beautiful though!!
Sometimes I think I’ll like a routine and then I try to change it up. It’s always nice to try new things, I need to do so more often.

6 Katy Berryman April 5, 2011 at 5:28 pm

Your pictures are beautiful!!

7 Melissa April 5, 2011 at 5:37 pm

Pretty tulips! It is the little things, isn’t it???

I get into the worst ruts with lunch foods, especially when I have to pack things for school. I’m trying to make a new habit of mixing it up! Today, I did an egg white McMuffin with ricotta, tomato, and fresh basil. It was delish! I think just having such a different experience really made me want to try more new combos!
Melissa recently posted..That’s A Whole Lotta Cute!

8 Ally (oatsandspice) April 5, 2011 at 5:37 pm

I try to switch it up when it comes to what I eat, but typically I get hooked on a few things for a period of time and stick with them! :)
Ally (oatsandspice) recently posted..Sweet Potato Burgers

9 Karen April 5, 2011 at 6:23 pm

I am a creature of habit!! When I find a meal I like I tend to repeat it quite often. I usually have the same things for breakfast and lunch and then mix it up at dinner time. Even then our dinners tend to be same several meals rotated around. I’m not sure whether you would call that a habit or a rut?? : )
Karen recently posted..Walking on Sunshine

10 Brenda @Year 25 April 5, 2011 at 6:35 pm

Having a lunch to look forward to is always the best! Also, I’m eager for the sugar cookie recipe- those look amazing and perfect for sharing!
Brenda @Year 25 recently posted..Does this Count as a Serving of Fruit

11 Tara @ The Game of Life April 5, 2011 at 6:39 pm

My breakfast and lunch are pretty much the same every single day! I know I am boring! I try to switch my dinner’s up, but I usually end up eating the same things every week ha. It makes grocery shopping really easy!!
Tara @ The Game of Life recently posted..Inspiration

12 Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy" Girl April 5, 2011 at 8:06 pm

Those tulips are gorgeous :-) I try to switch it up, but alas, I always get home so late that I end up doing the same ‘ol routine. Luckily blogging is helping me change that. I would hate to disappoint my 2 loyal followers! (mom and dad :-))
Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy” Girl recently posted..A New Yorker’s Kitchen Sink Dinner and the Forbidden Fruit

13 Sarah April 5, 2011 at 10:31 pm

I just picked up some tulips today! They are closed right now so i cant wait for the day they start to bloom!

Those sugar cookies look REALLY REALLY good, I need to get in the kitchen soon!
Sarah recently posted..Sunday- Dog Day

14 Khushboo April 5, 2011 at 11:28 pm

Dinner is always varied. Breakfast tends to be yog mess or oatmeal as I enjoy them to much to both experimenting! I gave about 7 go-to meals for lunch which I shake up every so often…or at least try to :)
Khushboo recently posted..Back to reality

15 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries April 6, 2011 at 6:27 am

I am such a routine-meal person! Hey, if it ain’t broke.. ;)
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..If Money Grew on Trees

16 Laura April 6, 2011 at 7:32 am

I love that first shot of the tulips with the picture frame in the background. Cute!
Laura recently posted..Feeling this out

17 Sue April 6, 2011 at 8:57 am

I love tulips. They are one of my favorite flowers. I might just have to go buy myself some. And I’m always in search of a good sugar cookie. I can’t wait for the recipe.

18 Kristen April 6, 2011 at 1:44 pm

I use to eat the same thing. EVERY. DAY. trying to lose weight, and I did lose. but then whenever I saw somethign that wasnt chicken or a salad, I would eat IT ALL. Not good. SOOO now Im trying to learn to eat things I love in moderation, and mixing things up!
Kristen recently posted..Twitter Blackbird Pie Just Got Even Sweeter