Asian Pasta Stir-Fry

by Courtney on April 7, 2011

Somebody told me today that he’s feeling a little shafted…

Apparently, he doesn’t like how tulips and cookies have been replacing his blog time. Would ya look at that…he won’t even look at me!

Spoiled much?? Winking smile

Well, just to spite him, I made sure to snack on a leftover sugar cookie this afternoon.

IMG_1745IMG_1756

Which apparently cause me to make wicked-awesome faces. Wow, I’m obnoxious. Rolling on the floor laughing

************

Dinner

Tonight’s dinner was a new recipe: Asian Pasta Stir-Fry!

I recently clipped this out of one of my past issues of Shape Magazine and decided tonight would be a good night to give it a go. It was wicked easy to make and tasted really, REALLY awesome.

There were so many different flavors happening, it was like a party in my mouth. Smile I made a few slight alterations to the original recipe and came up with this…

************

First, start out by cooking your pasta and rinsing it under cold water.

Next, mix together your flour, soy sauce, red wine vinegar, and broth in a small bowl.

IMG_1761IMG_1762

In another small bowl, lightly beat the egg and egg whites

IMG_1764IMG_1765

Next, get your biggest skillet, heat up your oil, and add in the spinach and garlic.

After about 3 minutes, add in your eggs, stirring constantly for 1 minute.

IMG_1769IMG_1771

Next, stir in the tomatoes, red pepper, and soy sauce mixture, cook for 2 minutes, then increase heat to high and bring to a boil.

IMG_1772IMG_1773

Steamy! Winking smile

Add the drained pasta and cook for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.

IMG_1776IMG_1777

Remove the pasta from heat and add in your pineapple chunks.

VOILA! You’ve got yourself a delicious, flavorful stir-fry! Open-mouthed smile

I had actually never made any sort of stir-fry before that called for eggs the way that this one did, but it was soooo good! Plus, having the spicy (red pepper flakes) and sweet (pineapple) combination definitely made the dish.

We’ve got ourselves some leftovers, but I can definitely foresee this recipe staying in our rotation.

Wait, do we even have a rotation…?

**********

Tonight, Jay and I are off to visit with some friends and family at bowling again. Surprisingly, bowling season is almost over which meeeeeeans…

Softball Season!! I can’t wait! Open-mouthed smile

Catch ya’ll laterrrrr!

1 Parita @ myinnershakti April 7, 2011 at 7:27 pm

I have everything I need to make this! Thanks, Courtney…now I have something new and delicious to make for dinner tomorrow. :)
    Parita @ myinnershakti recently posted..It’s a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood…

2 Jenny (Fit Girl Foodie) April 7, 2011 at 7:36 pm

I love pasta dishes and this one is not exception. I’ve never bought those spiral noodles before, I like em :) I’ve been meaning to make something Asian with pasta, I’ve become quite the soy sauce addict. I’d probably mix it with some pb and sriracha :D

3 Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy" Girl April 7, 2011 at 7:41 pm

This looks delicious! I cannot believe how much time it takes to post recipes! I just did my first one tonight and must say it took me a long time. Hopefully I’ll get quicker at this :-)
    Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy” Girl recently posted..Girl vs Spaghetti Squash

4 Courtney April 7, 2011 at 10:25 pm

You will! :)

5 Heather T April 7, 2011 at 7:46 pm

That recipe looks awesome! I definitely think I’ll make it soon!!

6 Kelly April 7, 2011 at 7:47 pm

Keith and I joined a coed softball team this year! We had out first game last weekend! It was SO fun! I play Left Center and Keith plays Left Field. We’re a good little team!
    Kelly recently posted..winner winner chicken dinner

7 Courtney April 7, 2011 at 10:25 pm

That’s awesome! Jay plays left field and I’m the catcher…I dig the mask. ;)

8 Kimberley April 7, 2011 at 7:50 pm

I love pineapple in my stirfrys, so so good:)

9 Lisa @ Healthy Diaries April 7, 2011 at 7:58 pm

I’ve made so many pasta dishes, but never made an Asian pasta dish. This looks really good! :)
    Lisa @ Healthy Diaries recently posted..I get to eat what I want!

10 Caroline April 7, 2011 at 7:58 pm

I thought you gave up sweets for Lent???! Dinner looks amazing :)

11 Courtney April 7, 2011 at 10:24 pm

Only sweets after dinner. :)

12 Kate Horning April 7, 2011 at 7:58 pm

Those noodles look awesome!
    Kate Horning recently posted..Spring Tabbouleh Salad

13 Tara @ The Game of Life April 7, 2011 at 8:18 pm

yummy!! I love stir fry, it actually makes me eat my veggies!
    Tara @ The Game of Life recently posted..Inspiration

14 Amanda- The Nutritionist Reviews April 7, 2011 at 8:19 pm

That looks awesome!

15 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles April 7, 2011 at 8:23 pm

This looks great – especially the addition of pineapple! Have fun bowling! :)
    Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles recently posted..Good and Bad

16 Colleen @ Colleen's Better Bites April 7, 2011 at 9:15 pm

I just saw that recipe in Shape when I was at the gym today! Your pictures look better than the one in the magazine.
    Colleen @ Colleen’s Better Bites recently posted..Cumin Spiced Lentil Burgers

17 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey April 7, 2011 at 9:26 pm

That stirfry pasta looks so so good! Definitely jealous of that dinner!
    chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..the crazy thing i she did

18 Meg April 7, 2011 at 9:48 pm

If I were your cat I’d demand you share dinner ;)

Looks amazing, gosh, just like everything else that comes from your kitch!
    Meg recently posted..Just a Reminder…

19 Courtney April 7, 2011 at 10:26 pm

Awwww, you’re makin’ me blush now… ;)

20 Lauren April 7, 2011 at 10:21 pm

I love Pineapple. What a great recipe!
    Lauren recently posted..Peanut Butter Surprise Cookies

21 Sarah April 7, 2011 at 11:01 pm

mmmmmm that stir fry looks amazing! The pineapple totally has me sold!
    I have been really into stir fry’s lately so this will be a fun new recipe to try :)
    Sarah recently posted..Yummy Package

22 Miranda @ Working Mom Works Out April 7, 2011 at 11:02 pm

This looks yum! Maybe I’ll try a gluten-free version.
    Miranda @ Working Mom Works Out recently posted..Lemon-Blueberry Dreams

23 CaSaundra April 8, 2011 at 9:27 am

Sounds like a great dish! I absolutely love stir fries–easy to throw together and easy clean up!

24 bos March 16, 2013 at 8:36 pm

WETF is up with the cat?

25 Valerie June 17, 2013 at 5:25 pm

Looks great. I plan on making it soon.
    Valerie recently posted..Caramel Fudge Brownies