Friends, Food, & Brews

There’s nothin’ like an afternoon with your best girlfriends!

Earlier today, our group of five met up for lunch at a new-to-us restaurant in the area, Fifth South. Even though we were meeting at 12, three out of five of us saw it fitting to order breakfast. Especially since it’s offered all day long.

Considering the fact that I had really only nibbled on some samples at the Farmers Market this morning, along with my iced coffee, I was absolutely famished by the time we arrived. Shame on me…I should have known better. Embarrassed smile

Luckily, it was worth the wait!

I created my own omelet, consisting of egg whites, spinach, roasted red peppers, and caramelized onions. I really think the onions made the omelet…it was incredible.

Also noteworthy were their home fries. They were perfectly seasoned and had an excellent crispy edge to them.

I basically inhaled my entire plate PLUS a few bites of Joelle’s blueberry pancakes (also delicious!). Overall, I was impressed with my meal and wouldn’t be surprised if I bring Jay back to check it out sometime soon. Smile

Jay and I actually just got back from running a few errands, one of which was picking up some new coffee from The Fresh Market

Caramel AND Butterscotch? Yes PLEASE!

Now we’re about to prep some grilled chicken salads for dinner and make a toast to this beautiful weather we’re having with a nice, cold beverage.

FYI – This Summer Honey Wheat Blue Moon is amazeballs, just sayin’. Smile

Hope you’re all having a great Saturday!

Question for the Day:

Do you enjoy beer? If so, what are your favorites?

I never used to be one to really crave a beer, but I think as I’ve gotten older and have learned which beers I enjoy and do not, I’ve since acquired a taste. Out of all beers, I’d have to say that this blueberry beer is my favorite. But also, once the weather starts to get warmer, they all taste much better anyways! Winking smile

• Courtney says

My friend Eileen (actually all the way to the right in the photo!) is gluten free and she’s had some gluten free beers that she really liked. I’ll have to ask her what brand it was! :)

Hey Court, I love Fifty South too! My parents go there at least once a week and I go there pretty often when I’m home. Definitely take Jay there for dinner, you won’t be disappointed :) Enjoy your dinner and this beautiful evening!
    Amy @Vitamin Amy recently posted..Return Of The Ninja

I love beer, but strangely I haven’t tried too many different types. I guess I tend to stick with the my regular types. I went to a festival called “Beer Fest”… how original ha, a couple weekends ago with my girlfriends and had such a great time. I tried so many differnet types of beer and discovered I liked ciders, which I was too scared to try before. I guess when you are given samples you are more willing to try instead of buying something and not liking it! Blueberry beer sounds good though :)
    Kimberley recently posted..HI Spring!

You should DEFINITELY try Leinenkugle’s Summer Shandy. It’s seasonal, and here in Texas we are just beginning to see it trickle into the stores. It’s the perfect combonation of light and summery, but still gives you the feeling of drinking an “imported” beer… even if it is from WisCANson. 😉

4. Julie says

I tend to go through beer phases…I’ve been liking BL Lime lately . I once had blueberry beer years ago at a beer festival and loved it but never found it again. Since your post reminded me of it I will have to go on a search for some soon! The Blue Moon looks good too!

OMG… caramel and butterscotch coffee. Yum!
    My favorite beer was one that I had over in Hawaii Coco Loco… it was a toasted coconut flavored beer. Delicious!

Looks like a fun time! And I always order omelets if they are available all day. They are usually pretty customizable, which I am a huge fan of! :-) Plus those home fries look like they were a winner too!

I love Farmers’ Markets AND beer…When I was running in the marathon, all I could think about near the end was how great that ice cold draft beer would taste. My favorite beer is Coors Light…I know, that’s lame. For some reason, nothing refreshes me like a nice light beer. What can I say? I’m a simple gal!

8. Ashley says

omg looks so delicious. i love a good beer too and i totally agree with you about the blue point blueberry ale! soooo good! its one of my favorites as well!

Just bought that seasonal blue moon, too! It IS good – in a nice, frosty mug :)

Have you ever tried Leinenkugel? Its from Wisconsin and they have some pretty good flavors – Berry Weiss is good and so is Sunset Wheat! I went to a bar in Orlando once that mixed them together and it was like a gummy bear, haha :)
    Allison recently posted..Running as a Beginner

My favorite beer is Bud Select (im from stl, I have to love budweiser haha)
    But I still want to try a blueberry beer. We do have schaflys here that has a raspberry beer that is AMMMAZZING!

I love the Fresh Market! Their coffees are the best :)

One of my favorite beers right now is the Sam Adam’s Blackberry Witbier… I also love Wild Blue and Bud Light Lime (for the SUMMER!)… I guess I’m a fan of cheap fruity beers, haha

I am such a beer lover and delight in trying new kinds. I love coffee beers, particularly a local brew called Uncommon Stout and raspberry flavored beers. This weekend I tried Schafly’s raspberry hef and though it was pretty tasty-and perfect for Spring! Sam Adams also brews up some pretty delicious stuff, especially some of the fall & winter ales! :) Happy drinking!