Friends, Food, & Brews

by Courtney on April 9, 2011

There’s nothin’ like an afternoon with your best girlfriends!

Earlier today, our group of five met up for lunch at a new-to-us restaurant in the area, Fifth South. Even though we were meeting at 12, three out of five of us saw it fitting to order breakfast. Especially since it’s offered all day long.

Considering the fact that I had really only nibbled on some samples at the Farmers Market this morning, along with my iced coffee, I was absolutely famished by the time we arrived. Shame on me…I should have known better. Embarrassed smile

Luckily, it was worth the wait!

I created my own omelet, consisting of egg whites, spinach, roasted red peppers, and caramelized onions. I really think the onions made the omelet…it was incredible.

Also noteworthy were their home fries. They were perfectly seasoned and had an excellent crispy edge to them.

I basically inhaled my entire plate PLUS a few bites of Joelle’s blueberry pancakes (also delicious!). Overall, I was impressed with my meal and wouldn’t be surprised if I bring Jay back to check it out sometime soon. Smile

*************

Jay and I actually just got back from running a few errands, one of which was picking up some new coffee from The Fresh Market

Caramel AND Butterscotch? Yes PLEASE!

Now we’re about to prep some grilled chicken salads for dinner and make a toast to this beautiful weather we’re having with a nice, cold beverage.

FYI – This Summer Honey Wheat Blue Moon is amazeballs, just sayin’. Smile

Hope you’re all having a great Saturday!

Question for the Day:

Do you enjoy beer? If so, what are your favorites?

I never used to be one to really crave a beer, but I think as I’ve gotten older and have learned which beers I enjoy and do not, I’ve since acquired a taste. Out of all beers, I’d have to say that this blueberry beer is my favorite. But also, once the weather starts to get warmer, they all taste much better anyways! Winking smile

1 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey April 9, 2011 at 6:53 pm

What a great looking group (and the food looks good too!). I do love beer, but can only have gluten free beer, which I haven’t ventured out to try yet.
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..the crazy thing i she did

2 Courtney April 9, 2011 at 6:54 pm

My friend Eileen (actually all the way to the right in the photo!) is gluten free and she’s had some gluten free beers that she really liked. I’ll have to ask her what brand it was! :)

3 Amy @Vitamin Amy April 9, 2011 at 7:01 pm

Hey Court, I love Fifty South too! My parents go there at least once a week and I go there pretty often when I’m home. Definitely take Jay there for dinner, you won’t be disappointed :) Enjoy your dinner and this beautiful evening!
Amy @Vitamin Amy recently posted..Return Of The Ninja

4 Kimberley April 9, 2011 at 7:05 pm

I love beer, but strangely I haven’t tried too many different types. I guess I tend to stick with the my regular types. I went to a festival called “Beer Fest”… how original ha, a couple weekends ago with my girlfriends and had such a great time. I tried so many differnet types of beer and discovered I liked ciders, which I was too scared to try before. I guess when you are given samples you are more willing to try instead of buying something and not liking it! Blueberry beer sounds good though :)
Kimberley recently posted..HI Spring!

5 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries April 9, 2011 at 7:24 pm

I’m not a beer drinker, but I’ve tried that kind and it’s not too shabby! Unfortunately I’m the stereotypical mixed-drink girl. Vodka and Coke Zero? Yes, please! :)
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..Tacos &amp a Girl with a Tattoo

6 miranda @working mom works out April 9, 2011 at 7:24 pm

Mmmm. Omelet looks great! And I loved all beer but gave them up bc of my gluten – intolerance. So sad. More for everyone else, I guess.
miranda @working mom works out recently posted..Jelly Beans 35 Miles

7 Melissa @ Chocolate & Kisses April 9, 2011 at 7:47 pm

Looks like you had a great breakfast! I wish I liked beer! There are so many awesome varieties out there that so many people in my life rave about. I only drink it during a nice game of beer pong…otherwise I’m a hard liquor and wine girl all the way!
Melissa @ Chocolate & Kisses recently posted..Rough days but still I smile

8 erica April 9, 2011 at 7:57 pm

that looks delicious! nothing beats a girlfriend get-together over great food! :)
erica recently posted..our engagement photos…

9 fsugirl! April 9, 2011 at 8:04 pm

BEST COFFEE EVER!! I love it! Looks like a lovely day. :D

10 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles April 9, 2011 at 8:09 pm

Mm, I love me some beer! Definitely a fan of Blue Moon, Land Shark, Leinenkugel’s Summer Shandy and Berry Weiss + more!

Enjoy your night & the weather!
Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles recently posted..A Tradition Unlike Any Other

11 Samantha April 9, 2011 at 9:46 pm

You should DEFINITELY try Leinenkugle’s Summer Shandy. It’s seasonal, and here in Texas we are just beginning to see it trickle into the stores. It’s the perfect combonation of light and summery, but still gives you the feeling of drinking an “imported” beer… even if it is from WisCANson. ;-)

12 Courtney April 9, 2011 at 11:36 pm

Mmmm, sounds good! I’ll definitely have to check that out…thanks! :)

13 Brenda @Year 25 April 9, 2011 at 11:11 pm

Beer is one of my favorite drinks! I like anything light- mostly pale ales and Bud Select 55. I love getting all the beer flavor for only 55 calories!
Brenda @Year 25 recently posted..Tractors and Skeletons

14 Julie April 10, 2011 at 12:08 am

I tend to go through beer phases…I’ve been liking BL Lime lately . I once had blueberry beer years ago at a beer festival and loved it but never found it again. Since your post reminded me of it I will have to go on a search for some soon! The Blue Moon looks good too!

15 Kristi April 10, 2011 at 12:26 am

OMG… caramel and butterscotch coffee. Yum!
My favorite beer was one that I had over in Hawaii Coco Loco… it was a toasted coconut flavored beer. Delicious!

16 Alyssa Kuminski April 10, 2011 at 12:27 am

MMM i’m totally making an omelette in the morning now!!
Alyssa Kuminski recently posted..Healthy Doughnuts

17 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] April 10, 2011 at 1:16 am

I’ve gotta pick me up a 6-pack of that beer stat – mmm!
Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] recently posted..What’s up

18 J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) April 10, 2011 at 4:06 am

That omelet is wonderful!!

I like beer, but don’t drink much of it anymore. I used to drink a lot more when I was younger, lol. After 30, not so much!
J3nn (Jenn’s Menu and Lifestyle Blog) recently posted..New York Delicatessen in Your Kitchen

19 Khushboo April 10, 2011 at 5:05 am

not a beer fan AT ALL! Give me vodka over beer any day instead!
Khushboo recently posted..France would be proud

20 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine April 10, 2011 at 7:22 am

I LOVE beer. I’m way more of a beer person than anything else!! My current favorite is Belhaven Lager…it’s got a yeasty edge to it that I just love!
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..A Long Walk- The More-Fitness Half Marathon

21 CaSaundra April 10, 2011 at 8:58 am

Looks like a fun time! And I always order omelets if they are available all day. They are usually pretty customizable, which I am a huge fan of! :-) Plus those home fries look like they were a winner too!

22 Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy Living Girl" April 10, 2011 at 9:35 am

I love Farmers’ Markets AND beer…When I was running in the marathon, all I could think about near the end was how great that ice cold draft beer would taste. My favorite beer is Coors Light…I know, that’s lame. For some reason, nothing refreshes me like a nice light beer. What can I say? I’m a simple gal!

23 Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy Living Girl" April 10, 2011 at 9:50 am

Oh and I also love Bud Light too. haha check out today’s post for more on that
Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy Living Girl” recently posted..How to Prep a Sometimes Healthy NYC Apartment for Houseguests

24 Ashley April 10, 2011 at 10:49 am

omg looks so delicious. i love a good beer too and i totally agree with you about the blue point blueberry ale! soooo good! its one of my favorites as well!

25 Allison April 10, 2011 at 3:03 pm

Just bought that seasonal blue moon, too! It IS good – in a nice, frosty mug :)

Have you ever tried Leinenkugel? Its from Wisconsin and they have some pretty good flavors – Berry Weiss is good and so is Sunset Wheat! I went to a bar in Orlando once that mixed them together and it was like a gummy bear, haha :)
Allison recently posted..Running as a Beginner

26 Rebecca April 10, 2011 at 4:13 pm

What timing that you went to Fifty South…I’m working there this summer!

27 Kristen April 10, 2011 at 4:44 pm

My favorite beer is Bud Select (im from stl, I have to love budweiser haha)
But I still want to try a blueberry beer. We do have schaflys here that has a raspberry beer that is AMMMAZZING!

28 Courtney April 10, 2011 at 6:35 pm

Raspberry beer?!? YUMMM!!! :-P

29 Kristen April 10, 2011 at 8:59 pm

yes! sometimes they have them in the grocery stores!

30 Presley April 11, 2011 at 10:15 am

I love the Fresh Market! Their coffees are the best :)

One of my favorite beers right now is the Sam Adam’s Blackberry Witbier… I also love Wild Blue and Bud Light Lime (for the SUMMER!)… I guess I’m a fan of cheap fruity beers, haha

31 Courtney April 11, 2011 at 12:16 pm

Hey me too! It’s alright, I won’t judge. ;)

32 McKenzie April 11, 2011 at 12:19 pm

I am such a beer lover and delight in trying new kinds. I love coffee beers, particularly a local brew called Uncommon Stout and raspberry flavored beers. This weekend I tried Schafly’s raspberry hef and though it was pretty tasty-and perfect for Spring! Sam Adams also brews up some pretty delicious stuff, especially some of the fall & winter ales! :) Happy drinking!

33 Audrey Ellen April 12, 2011 at 3:22 pm

I love Blue Moon too! And summer beers coming out means its getting to that time of year!
My favorite beers are white beers like Belgian Whites, a favorite is Hoegarrden.
Audrey Ellen recently posted..Bella Blu- New York