Spring Is In The Air

by Courtney on April 9, 2011

It’s FINALLY starting to feel like spring!

It is an absolutely beautiful day out there today (we’re supposed to hit 65 I hear!). It actually smells like spring. I woke up to the sun shining, the birds chirping,

IMG_1832IMG_1833

and a lazy kitty basking in the sunlight. Winking smile

Don’t worry, we’re back to being on speaking terms. Bribery works wonders. Smile

I blame the spring-like weather for putting a little extra “spring” in my step, so I got myself ready to head down to the Farmers Market.

Of course, to get to the Farmers Market, I just so happen to pass my favorite coffee shop, so I stopped in for an iced coffee.

I loooooove me some iced coffee!

Sure enough, I think a lot of people had the same idea as me this morning because the market was already bustling by the time I got there.

I love how we have our Farmers Market available all year-round, but I’m really excited for it to finally move back outdoors. Only a couple more weeks!

I was happy to see that there was even some live music this morning. I think at one point they were singing “Viva Las Vegas,” but without saying Las Vegas. Umm, does that make sense? Confused smile

Anyways…

I thought this stand set up for Japan Relief was really nice, so I made sure to contribute a little donation. Every little bit helps, right?

I was a little disappointed in the produce variety at the market today, but there was certainly no shortage of breads and baked goods.

IMG_1815IMG_1817

“Hi, my name is Courtney, and I’m a carb-aholic.”  Winking smile

If I had only had a butter knife and some peanut butter, I may have jumped head first into this heap of amazingness. I don’t have a problem…really.

While I always look forward to trying out new samples while browsing, I encountered quite a doozy today…gelato!

Gelateria Lisa is actually right down the street from Flavour Café, and now that I know their hours, I mayyy just have to be making a pit stop there sometime soon. Especially after trying a sample of their Raspberries & Crème gelato. It was so good!

Surprisingly, I left the market without doing too much damage.

I picked up a loaf of whole wheat bread and a ciabatta roll for Jay (he loves them). I’ve been craving a good panini lately, so now I’ll be able to make some this week with my new loaf of bread.

IMG_1827IMG_1828

I also grabbed a jar of Blizzard Butter, which is actually not for me. Potentially, it COULD be yours…but you’ll have to wait until Monday to find out. Winking smile

Now, I’m actually headed out to meet up with some of my favorite girls for a lunch date, so I’ll catch ya’ll on the flip side. Winking smile

Question for the Day:

Gelato or ice cream?

1 Kelly April 9, 2011 at 11:23 am

Looks wonderful!! I wish we had spring here…but we completely skipped over that and went straight to summer. Hello 95 degrees today. Gag.
Kelly recently posted..winner winner chicken dinner

2 Michelle (The Runner's Plate) April 9, 2011 at 11:29 am

I heart carbs as well!! I love fresh homemade bread when it is still warm from the oven!!
Michelle (The Runner’s Plate) recently posted..Compression Socks

3 Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy Living Girl" April 9, 2011 at 11:31 am

Ice Cream! Well actually preferably frozen yogurt. There is this place near my apartment called 16 Handles that has 16 flavors AND a toppings bar. YUM. Happy Saturday!

4 Jen April 9, 2011 at 11:55 am

Definitely ice-cream… specially chocolate, sooo yummy! Enjoy your lunch =)

5 Jess@atasteofconfidence April 9, 2011 at 11:56 am

Finally a bit warmer here too! I’m an ice cream fan.
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..media schmedia

6 Shannon April 9, 2011 at 12:11 pm

I have never had gelato so definitely ice cream for me

7 elizabeth @ the good life April 9, 2011 at 12:26 pm

Definitely gelato!! When I was in Italy I made sure to try AS MUCH as I could. Delish! :)
elizabeth @ the good life recently posted..for the record

8 miranda @working mom works out April 9, 2011 at 1:42 pm

Oh my gay. That bread is mocking my gluten intolerance.

And ice cream :)
miranda @working mom works out recently posted..Jelly Beans 35 Miles

9 miranda @working mom works out April 9, 2011 at 1:43 pm

Gah. Not gay. Dang you, auto correct.
miranda @working mom works out recently posted..Jelly Beans 35 Miles

10 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun April 9, 2011 at 2:08 pm

Looks like SUCH a great start to the weekend. I love that they have the market year round too. Although the whole Viva Las Vegas thing is a bit odd. ;)
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..Summer-Style Salad &amp Help Me Pick!

11 Khushboo April 9, 2011 at 2:21 pm

Fro yo, gelato, ice cream- love em all. Ice cream wins my heart, nothing beats a bowl of vanilla ice cream. Call me boring but it hits the spot every time!
Khushboo recently posted..France would be proud

12 Tara @ The Game of Life April 9, 2011 at 2:39 pm

Icecream fo sho! Actually I have never had gelato :0 I don’t think I will like it though, but my sister said it was amazing when she was in Italy!
Tara @ The Game of Life recently posted..Inspiration

13 Lena April 9, 2011 at 2:47 pm

I love your sunglasses!

Oh, and I love any frozen treat…I’m not one to discriminate :)

14 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine April 9, 2011 at 3:12 pm

It depends on the flavor!! Gelato is the best when eaten in Europe, and the flavors and textures are definitely more unique. BUT…nothing beats cookie dough ice cream!
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..A Long Walk- The More-Fitness Half Marathon

15 Courtney April 9, 2011 at 4:35 pm

Amen! ;)

16 Kristi April 9, 2011 at 5:32 pm

I wish it was sunny here. It’s a pretty dreary day. I hear tomorrow is supposed to be a lot better!
Kristi recently posted..These are some of the things I love…

17 *Andrea* April 9, 2011 at 5:49 pm

your glasses are super cute! i love spring..can’t wait for great spring/summer fruits and veggies!

18 Jenny (Fit Girl Foodie) April 9, 2011 at 6:07 pm

I don’t remember the last time I had gelato so I’d have to go with ice cream :D I love your farmers market. I have no idea where I have one around here :(
Jenny (Fit Girl Foodie) recently posted..Weekend Wedding

19 Mandee April 9, 2011 at 6:24 pm

iced coffee is the best kind of coffee! yum! and are those pretzel rolls? double yum!
Mandee recently posted..Photo

20 Courtney April 9, 2011 at 6:47 pm

I actually think it was challah bread. :)

21 erica April 9, 2011 at 7:56 pm

omg. how can i choose between gelato or ice cream? i guess if i were out i’d choose gelato just because it’s something i don’t get to eat all the time.

i need to go to a farmer’s market. i just can’t get up early enough!
erica recently posted..our engagement photos…

22 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] April 10, 2011 at 1:17 am

That iced coffee looks milky delicious… and that bread, YUM!
Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] recently posted..What’s up

23 Sarah April 10, 2011 at 9:22 am

I am SO GLAD spring is starting to show its face over here too! I haven’t had my first iced coffee of the season yet, it will be a wonderful day when i finally get one!
Sarah recently posted..happy friday!

24 Kristen April 10, 2011 at 4:47 pm

Hi my name is kristen Im a carbaholic too haha
I prefer ice cream, but wont lie, ill eat anything like it haha