It Never Gets Old

by Courtney on April 10, 2011

Does peanut butter and banana ever get old?

Absolutely NOT! Open-mouthed smile

Since I fulfilled my savory breakfast cravings yesterday, I was back on the hunt for my usual goods today. I toasted up a slice of my Farmers Market whole wheat bread and topped it with some pumpkin, peanut butter, banana slices, chia seeds, cinnamon, and a drizzle of honey.

On the side I enjoyed the rest of my banana with a little more PB,

a strawberry Chobani,

and a mug of our new coffee. This coffee is actually quite sweet, so I think I’ll have to decrease my Truvia amounts. (Usually I use 1-1/2 packets in a large mug, but this might only need a half).

And because I’m so impatient, I also snacked on the heel of the bread with a little MORE PB while waiting for my other slice to toast up.

Scrump-diddly-umptious! Winking smile

As soon as this big ‘ol breakfast settles, I’m hoping to get out for a run. In the meantime, I’ll have to work on finishing up these birthday cupcakes I’ve got goin’ in the kitchen!

Today is my grandma’s birthday, so my mom asked if I could make some cupcakes for our dinner at my parents house a little later. Sure thing, Ma!

Now if I could juuuuuuust decide on what kind of frosting to make…? Smile

Question for the Day:

What kinds of foods never get old for you?

1 Heather @ Side of Sneakers April 10, 2011 at 11:13 am

I love peanut butter and banana…it’s like they were made for each other :)

2 Carrie (Moves 'N Munchies) April 10, 2011 at 11:13 am

OMG HECK TO THE NO!! i eat nanners with pb EVERYDAY.. x 1000000
oh and add in some chocolate too for a little extra KICK of YUMNESS :D
Carrie (Moves ‘N Munchies) recently posted..STAPLE SUNDAY!

3 miranda @working mom works out April 10, 2011 at 11:15 am

Pb&j. Pb & banana. Anything with peanut butter, I guess. I have a small obsession. :)
miranda @working mom works out recently posted..Jelly Beans 35 Miles

4 Maureen April 10, 2011 at 11:16 am

Homemade butter, homemade jam on homemade bread.. I can eat a nice thick piece of toast that way every morning. Peanut butter’s good too!
Maureen recently posted..Favorite Pickled Beets Recipe

5 kate@ahealthypassion April 10, 2011 at 11:18 am

Love peanut butter and bananas and that sandwich looks amazing as does the bread yum! Cute little cupcake holders love the reusable kind!
kate@ahealthypassion recently posted..Mango &amp Avocado Salad

6 Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy Living Girl" April 10, 2011 at 11:27 am

I love those cupcake holders! A food that never gets old for me is pretzels…and cereal. I love me some carbs!
Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy Living Girl” recently posted..A Perfect Saturday in NYC

7 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] April 10, 2011 at 11:32 am

That combo never gets old…ever!

Cute muffin ‘papers’!

8 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine April 10, 2011 at 11:33 am

Nut butter, chocolate and apples. And cereal!! I could literally live off of those foods, I think :)
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..A Long Walk- The More-Fitness Half Marathon

9 Khushboo April 10, 2011 at 11:49 am

That looks so good! I actually just are a tspn of dark Choc Pb- so yum! Pb, oats& bananas never get old. Despite eating them daily, they always still feel like a treat!
Khushboo recently posted..France would be proud

10 Melissa April 10, 2011 at 11:53 am

Your cupcake liners are darling!

I never tire of eggplant or butternut squash. I could eat them both every single day. Ooh, and fresh sweet strawberries, too! Mmmmmm!

11 Erin @ The Grass Skirt April 10, 2011 at 12:22 pm

I totally agree on PB and banana. For me, smoothies and cashew cookie Larabars also never get old.
Erin @ The Grass Skirt recently posted..A Year Ago Today

12 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles April 10, 2011 at 12:46 pm

Happy Birthday to your grandma!
Ice cream never gets old for me. :)

13 fsugirl! April 10, 2011 at 12:50 pm

Spaghetti never gets old!! Mmmmm, that or those yummilicious desserts you make! :D

14 Kimberley April 10, 2011 at 12:54 pm

Get old? Nevvvvver!!!!! If i had to pick a food to bring to a deserted island that would be it… for sure!

I need to get some of those reusable cupcake holders, so cute! Do the cupcakes come out of them easily?
Kimberley recently posted..HI Spring!

15 Courtney April 10, 2011 at 6:37 pm

Yes, they’re great! Just spray them with a little nonstick cooking spray.

16 Jess@atasteofconfidence April 10, 2011 at 1:32 pm

I eat a banana and PB every morning- so I agree with you there!
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..clinched!

17 Tara @ The Game of Life April 10, 2011 at 1:36 pm

Peanut butter and bananas never get old!!! I love having my pb, banana, honey sand. everyday for lunch! Icecream also never gets old ;)
Tara @ The Game of Life recently posted..Inspiration

18 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries April 10, 2011 at 1:46 pm

I’m drinking a PB and banana smoothie as I type this, so I think you know my answer to the question! ;)
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..Tacos &amp a Girl with a Tattoo

19 Brenda @Year 25 April 10, 2011 at 2:14 pm

I could eat fresh peaches and strawberries everyday (as long as they’re in season).
Brenda @Year 25 recently posted..Tractors and Skeletons

20 Jen April 10, 2011 at 2:52 pm

Peanut butter and bananas never get old. There are soo yummy :D

21 Jenny (Fit Girl Foodie) April 10, 2011 at 3:12 pm

I love how you snack on the bread while you wait, I’m the same way with cocoa almonds. It can become a bit dangerous. Those cupcakes look delicious, go with a cream cheese frosting! :D

Oats, pb, banana never get old :)
Jenny (Fit Girl Foodie) recently posted..Weekend Wedding

22 cait April 10, 2011 at 3:33 pm

mac and cheese- and learning to make new things either WITH mac and cheese or adding different cheeses to it :) hands down- i could eat it ever day ha!
cait recently posted..Cait Monica

23 CaSaundra April 10, 2011 at 4:22 pm

Funny thing–I was just looking for pb banana cupcake recipes..and your post talked about both the pb and banana combo AND cupcakes. Two great minds obviously think alike..2 great foodie minds that is! ;-)

24 Courtney April 10, 2011 at 6:36 pm

Hahaha, obviously! ;)

25 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun April 10, 2011 at 4:29 pm

Those silicone cupcake tins sure look mighty familiar. ;) Hope they are working well for you!
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..Self-Love Reflection- Finding Joy

26 Courtney April 10, 2011 at 6:35 pm

YES! I’m LOVING them!! :-D Thank you again!!!

27 erica April 10, 2011 at 4:37 pm

those cupcake liners are super cute. :)

frozen yogurt never gets old for me….coffee too ;p
erica recently posted..our engagement photos…

28 Amanda- The Nutritionist Reviews April 10, 2011 at 5:01 pm

I totally eat another little piece of bread all the time while waiting for my toast!
Amanda- The Nutritionist Reviews recently posted..Emani Review and Giveaway

29 Sarah April 10, 2011 at 5:11 pm

Peanut butter and banana will absolutely NEVER get old!
Those are the cutest cupcake holders! Are they flowers or is it just the angle of the picture??
Sarah recently posted..happy friday!

30 Courtney April 10, 2011 at 6:34 pm

Yes! They’re flowers :)

31 Keely (Sky Blue) April 10, 2011 at 5:54 pm

I know it’s not a food, but seriously, coffee will NEVER get old for me!!! I also think I’ll continue to enjoy berries, ice cream, most fruits and veggies, sushi and cheesecake to my dying day.
Keely (Sky Blue) recently posted..you’re killin me smalls

32 Alexa @ SimpleEats April 10, 2011 at 8:07 pm

Peanut butter definitely never gets old…and neither does cheese!
Alexa @ SimpleEats recently posted..Semi-Wordless Weekend

33 Parita @ myinnershakti April 10, 2011 at 8:09 pm

Peanut butter, chocolate, and cheese – 3 things that will NEVER get old for me!
Parita @ myinnershakti recently posted..Indian Ways

34 Michelle April 11, 2011 at 8:43 am

Cheese will never get old for me… I could eat cheese and bread (European style) for lunch or dinner every day and not get sick of it!
Michelle recently posted..I never knew I could do that!