A Must Try Yoga Video

by Courtney on April 13, 2011

WOW…I don’t think I’ve ever gotten a more intense workout from yoga than I did today! (Well, except maybe that one Hot Yoga class, but that’s an entirely different beast…)

I flipped on Exercise on Demand and came across a whole slew of workouts ready for the choosing.

IMG_2002

I wanted something that was no more than an hour, but was also going to incorporate some serious strength poses, too. After perusing the menu, I found Yoga Fitness Plus and decided to give that a go.

Now when it comes to yoga, I wouldn’t exactly call myself a “beginner,” but I’m certainly no expert. This video, however, had my legs and core screamin’ and I worked up a serious sweat. Yep, I’m sure I’m nice and stinky now…

If you’re interested in trying out some new yoga, I’d say this is definitely worth a shot. It was a great workout!

Great enough, in fact, to work up an appetite for lunch.

IMG_2004

Seeee, I told ya I’d get back to the goods after this morning’s little treat. Winking smile

Some baby carrots & grape tomatoes with hummus were thoroughly enjoyed.

IMG_2006

Along with another delicious pumpkin yogurt combo, but minus the banana.

IMG_2007

I nixed the banana in favor of some fresh fruit salad that was leftover from Sunday’s birthday celebration.

IMG_2009

I just love a bright, colorful mixed bowl of fruit, don’t you?

************

Even as I was enjoying today’s lunch, I was already getting excited about tonight’s dinner. I’m planning on incorporating some more leftover roasted chicken

Any guesses as to what’s on the menu?? Winking smile

1 Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers April 13, 2011 at 1:49 pm

my guess: chicken noodle soup… with a soda on the siiiiide. ;)
Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers recently posted..The Power of a Plan

2 Courtney April 13, 2011 at 2:35 pm

Hahaha, I love the random soda thrown in there. ;)

3 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles April 13, 2011 at 3:29 pm

Haha – please tell me this is a reference to Justin Timberlake and SNL! If not – then just ignore this comment! :)

4 Kimberley April 13, 2011 at 2:43 pm

chicken sandwhiches or wraps?

I love fruit bowls, mainly because of their colour ;)
Kimberley recently posted..Technology Troubles

5 Erin @ The Grass Skirt April 13, 2011 at 2:44 pm

Thanks for the head’s up about the yoga video! I found it on Netflix and added it to my queue. :)
Erin @ The Grass Skirt recently posted..What About Bob

6 Kelly April 13, 2011 at 2:45 pm

Okay…pardon my ignorance here…but how exactly do you know if you have Exercise on Demand on your TV? I am assuming it is through your cable provider, no??

7 Courtney April 13, 2011 at 2:50 pm

Yes! I have Time Warner Cable, so it’s a channel that’s available through them. But Exercise TV is a website where you can download their videos from…some of which are the same ones that are available through the tv!

8 Kelly April 13, 2011 at 3:19 pm

Awesome! Thank you Courtney!!
Kelly recently posted..things i know

9 Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy" Girl April 13, 2011 at 3:14 pm

Hmmmm….maybe a roasted chicken salad? My creativity leaves me after the salad space. CLEARLY, I need to expand my foodie horizons. I am the worst at yoga. I read something about hip hop yoga in the city and I’m thinking perhaps that is more my speed…haha
Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy” Girl recently posted..Sometimes Healthy Morning Routine Sometimes

10 Shannon April 13, 2011 at 7:24 pm

I think I am going to try that yoga video tomorrow!
Shannon recently posted..2 miles

11 Chelsa April 14, 2011 at 9:46 am

I’ll have to try that one soon. I wish I could do it today but my wrist is bothering me :(
Chelsa recently posted..Steak Chocolate and Wine