In The Middle Of The Action

by Courtney on April 18, 2011

Howdy Howdy! Just catching up from the weekend?

***********

For this morning’s workout, I was in the mood to stretch rather than do any sort of excessive cardio. My original plan was a run, but the thought of yoga just sounded so much better. So to somewhat incorporate a mix of the two, I decided on some Jillian Michael’s Yoga Meltdown.

As good of a workout as it was, it was a little difficult to work around this little guy…

All he wanted to do was play fetch, and continued to strategically drop himself and his favorite fetch toy right underneath any downward-facing dogs or plank positions I got myself into. I’ll tell ya, he’s always got to be right in the middle of the action.

What a little rascal! Winking smile

Breakfast

Believe it or not, I actually went savory today. I know, I shocked myself too.

I made myself an egg & cheese sandwich, using a toasted whole wheat English muffin, 1/4 cup Egg Beaters mixed with basil, 1 slice provolone cheese, tomato slices, some ketchup, and a little salt & pepper.

McMuffins ain’t got nothin’ on me! Smile

On the side, I enjoyed a few fresh strawberries. Hey, gotta get my sweet in there somewhere!

This morning, I have a dentist appointment, which I’m really not looking forward to. Hopefully they don’t call me out like last timeEmbarrassed smile

Catch ya later gators!

Question for the Day:

Do you like going to the dentist/doctor?

1 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles April 18, 2011 at 10:07 am

Hey Courtney – what brand of whole wheat English muffins do you use? I tried Trader Joe’s, and it was majorly lacking in the taste department. Super bland and tasted like cardboard – not good!

Enjoy your day! :)

2 Courtney April 18, 2011 at 10:12 am

Thomas’! These are 100% whole grain, whole wheat and they’re quite tasty! :)

3 Kelly April 18, 2011 at 10:13 am

I HATE doctors of all kinds!! UGH!
Kelly recently posted..in tens years i’ll be 40

4 Rachel @ The Perseverance Diaries April 18, 2011 at 10:16 am

Good luck at the dentist!

I hate going to the doctor, the thought of needles make me sick to my stomach!
Rachel @ The Perseverance Diaries recently posted..Weekend Adventures

5 Khushboo April 18, 2011 at 10:24 am

I absolutely detest dentist visits!
Khushboo recently posted..Get over it

6 Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy" Girl April 18, 2011 at 10:36 am

Hahaha. So funny that you mention the dentist. On Friday’s post, I discussed my history with the dentist…and the fact that until recently I hadn’t been in awhile! My dentist canceled on me Friday and it might have been the highlight of my day :-)

I made an egg mcmuffin for breakfast on Saturday. Didn’t look as pretty as yours hehe. But I gave myself an A for effort! Good luck at the dentist!
Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy” Girl recently posted..And I Gotta Say- Today was a Good Day

7 Courtney April 18, 2011 at 1:22 pm

Haha, I did read that! :)

8 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat April 18, 2011 at 10:45 am

Pretty sandwich! I had an one on a sandwich thin this morning instead of oats for the first time in a few weeks!

I hate the dentist too… I probably haven’t gone in 2 years… eek!
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Weekend Recap

9 Shannon April 18, 2011 at 10:50 am

My kittins do the same things! My puppy once jumped on top of me while I was doing push ups.. it collapsed immediately
Shannon recently posted..Insanity Day 2

10 Cute~Ella April 18, 2011 at 10:57 am

I don’t mind the doctors office as much as the dentist. I pretty much hate going there.

Question: what do you use to get your egg the same size as the English muffin? Mine never fit right!
Cute~Ella recently posted..Sharing is Caring – Bizarre Peanut Butter Sandwich

11 Kristi April 18, 2011 at 11:08 am

I hate going to the dentist. The sounds that they make scraping your teeth is like nails on a chalk board to me.
Kristi recently posted..Breakfast Nachos

12 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine April 18, 2011 at 11:09 am

I’ve never minded the dentist/doctor because my dad is a doc! Makes it a lot less scary when you walk into the office and all the receptionists know your family :)
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Monday Morning

13 Courtney April 18, 2011 at 1:21 pm

Yeah, I’d definitely think that would help! Lucky! ;)

14 Melissa April 18, 2011 at 11:12 am

I know it’s crazy, but I love my dentist! I’ve been going to him since 3rd grade and he’s always so happy to see me! :) I haven’t even gone to anyone else since moving to another state–I always just plan my visits for when I’m home visiting.
Melissa recently posted..Calorie Blasting Interval Workout

15 Stefanie @TheNewHealthy April 18, 2011 at 11:48 am

You’re right – McMuffins ain’t going nothing on you! I’d take your egg sandwich any day! :)

16 Kimberley April 18, 2011 at 12:22 pm

haha too funny, I get nervous of going to the dentist because they always “call me out” on not flossing :( BOO! I need to learn to floss, besides the day before I go to my next appointment!
Kimberley recently posted..Fresh Produce Heaven

17 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey April 18, 2011 at 12:56 pm

I went to the dentist last week, and I usually don’t mind it. However, for some reason my teeth were SO sensitive last week. My gums were bleeding like crazy, and it still hurt even after they put numbing gel on my gums! No cavities though!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..just laugh

18 Miranda @working mom works out April 18, 2011 at 1:15 pm

I HATE going to the dentist. Seriously loathe. But it’s just part of life,

Breakfast looks good this morning. I love tomatoes on anything though. :)

19 Lauren April 18, 2011 at 1:23 pm

You’re morning workouts are inspiring me. I need to get back in the gym BEFORE work, because after work, I am way too tired! In high school, I swam and had to be at the gym before 4:30am and I loved it!
Lauren recently posted..A New Twist on an Old Favorite – Cranberry Orange White Chocolate Chip Scones

20 Courtney April 18, 2011 at 1:25 pm

Do it!! You’ll be so glad it’s done for the day! We’ll be virtual morning workout buddies :)

21 Lauren H. April 18, 2011 at 1:36 pm

Did you nuke your egg beaters in a bowl? It looks fluffy and nummy :)

22 Jenny (Fit Girl Foodie) April 18, 2011 at 2:04 pm

I was just at the doctor’s today :( I usually don’t mind going but my doctor is immensely incompetent so I’m in the midst of finding something who is actually knowledgeable. Loving your egg sammie, I’m making one now for lunch ;)
Jenny (Fit Girl Foodie) recently posted..Fab Friday

23 Presley April 18, 2011 at 2:10 pm

Ah! tomato… that’s what’s been missing from my breakfast sandwiches!

24 Erica April 18, 2011 at 2:59 pm

I hate going to the doctors, of any kind, but i especially hate the dentist!
Erica recently posted..anticipation

25 Kristen April 19, 2011 at 11:17 pm

I would MUCH rather go to the doctor than the dentist anyday!