Shopping Fun with Mom

by Courtney on April 19, 2011

Lucky me got to spend the afternoon shopping with mi madre!

But before leaving the house, my tummy was grumblin’, so I snacked on half of a PB&J sandwich, along with this strawberry-filled yogurt bowl.

I enjoyed a strawberry Chobani, and topped it off with some fresh strawberries, the rest of my banana from this morning, chia seeds, and some of my cranberry-almond granola. It had been a while since I had the strawberry CHO…I forgot how good it is!

Mom and I had a great time shopping around today and made our way into some of our favorite stores. I actually ended up finding a pair of super cute shoes while my mom was scoping out the scene in one of her favorite spots…

So nice and springy, right? I didn’t end up buying them, partly because I really don’t need them, and partly because they were a wide width and my feet are anything but wide. More like narrow and gross. Winking smile

Mid-afternoon, I started craving some caffeine (I never had my morning coffee today!) so we made a quick stop into Starbucks so I could pick up an iced Skinny Caramel Macchiato. I also snacked on a Clif Z Bar that I brought with me from home.

IMG_2198IMG_2202

I did a little damage in Express today, but thanks to a coupon and a “Buy 2, Get 1 Free” sale on tees & tanks they have going on, I made out pretty well. I picked out four different tops…

These two clearly show that I’m ready for spring/summer, no? They’ll look super cute with some crisp white shorts, fa sho. Winking smile

But my favorite purchases of the day came from another favorite store of mine…Le Gourmet Chef! Are ya surprised???

I picked up a new decorating tip for my cupcake creations, along with a new scooper, which I’m *hoping* will work in my favor when it comes to cupcake baking.

You see, I’ve been using my regular cookie scoop (on the left) but since one scoop is too small, I often end up eyeballing them and they often end up uneven. Hopefully this size will do the trick!

I guess I’ll just have to bake up a batch this week to test it out…what do ya think? Winking smile

By the time I got home, I was starving, so I went the easy route and put together a couple big ‘ol salads for me and the hubby.

My salad was filled with any veggie I could find in the veggie drawer: romaine lettuce, cukes, grape tomatoes, red onion, red & yellow pepper, broccoli, carrots, dried cranberries, Chavrie goat cheese, and a few slices of oven-roasted deli turkey. I drizzled a little balsamic vinaigrette over the top and it became pure deliciousness.

Now I’m ready to settle in and FINALLY watch my beloved One Tree Hill which is back on tonight. WOO!!

I know, I’m still a teenager at heart I guess. Winking smile

Question for the Evening:

What’s the last fun item you purchased?

1 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles April 19, 2011 at 8:07 pm

I’m so happy you were able to spend some time with your mom! Looks like you had a great time! :)

2 Jenny (Fit Girl Foodie) April 19, 2011 at 8:11 pm

Aww what a fun shopping day with your mom. Those wedges totally are adorable but yea I’m with you with not really needing them ;) I just had the strawberry chobani yesterday, it was definitely tasty, one of my favorites so far,

Love your scooper purchase! Last thing fun thing I bought were a pair of huge silver hoops :D
Jenny (Fit Girl Foodie) recently posted..Fab Friday

3 fsugirl! April 19, 2011 at 8:17 pm

Awww, you and your mom are so gorgeous! :D

4 Chelsa April 19, 2011 at 8:28 pm

Moms are awesome and they always know what to say to make you feel better during tough times. That salad looks really really good too!
Chelsa recently posted..Simple Healthy Food

5 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey April 19, 2011 at 8:41 pm

Shopping dates with mom ALWAYS put me in a good mood! Looks like you had a fantastic afternoon!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..just laugh

6 Alyssa Kuminski April 19, 2011 at 8:41 pm

i have those shoes in pink! i wanted those but thought i would get more use out of the other pair :)
Alyssa Kuminski recently posted..Shopaholic

7 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries April 19, 2011 at 8:43 pm

I had a shopping day with my mom yesterday! I bought 3 dresses and 2 pairs of shoes. I love a good successful shopping day :)
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..You Hurt Yourself While Running in Place

8 Laura @ LauraLikesDesign April 19, 2011 at 8:49 pm

Z bars are the BEST! My favorite flavor is blueberry, which I can only find at a few stores.

Last fun purchase? Freeze dried strawberries and bananas in little snack packs…super tasty snacks on the go!

9 Parita April 19, 2011 at 8:59 pm

Aww! Your fun day with your mom is making me miss my mom!!! Glad you got to relax and do some shopping!

10 Karen April 19, 2011 at 9:16 pm

Shopping dates with mom are always fun!! I got a cute pair of summer sandals from Target this afternoon. I can’t wait for the weather to warm up so I can wear them!
Karen recently posted..First Time For Everything

11 Lauren April 19, 2011 at 9:17 pm

I bought a pretty new dress from Vestique.com!
Lauren recently posted..A New Twist on an Old Favorite – Cranberry Orange White Chocolate Chip Scones

12 Melissa April 19, 2011 at 9:36 pm

That salad looks killer!!! I think I am going to do a salad challenge of some sort in May. I need more green-age in my life! :)

Mom days are the best! Love the tops you got, too!!! My last fun purchase was a few sundresses from MJRsales.com. It’s like a Victoria’s Secret outlet! I got 3 dresses for $35 with shipping! Score!
Melissa recently posted..Excellent Enthusiasm

13 ashallann April 19, 2011 at 10:10 pm

That salad looks amazing. So curious WHERE you found those fabulous sandals??
ashallann recently posted..top 2 tuesday- things i collect

14 Sarah April 19, 2011 at 10:24 pm

I am dying to know who made those shoes amd where I can get a pair. I adore them

15 Shannon April 19, 2011 at 10:37 pm

I love those shoes! They are super cute!
Shannon recently posted..Insanity Day 2

16 Mandee April 19, 2011 at 11:15 pm

I use the big scoop for cupcakes also! It definitely is a lot better than the smaller one! Much easier. Also I love the 1M tip! It’s my favorite one to use! I feel like it makes my cupcakes look extra special, but I’m just biased to the star tip hehehe.

The last fun item I purchased…. hmm…. well a FUNny purchase I made this weekend was at Michaels on super sale… Spider Man and Hannah Montanna themed Wilton food color gels. Pink is pink and red is red, it doesn’t matter if it’s meant for a pink guitar or a superhero mask!
Mandee recently posted..Cupcakes and sweet bakes and chocolates- oh my!

17 Kristen April 19, 2011 at 11:16 pm

I love shopping trips with my mom! The last fun thing I bought were lamps for my house!

18 Khushboo April 19, 2011 at 11:27 pm

Aww I love hanging out with mom- such fun right! Those shoes are cute- they really add a ‘spring’ to your step ha ha ;)!
Khushboo recently posted..Get over it

19 Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy Living Girl" April 19, 2011 at 11:51 pm

I always do damage at Express! :-)

Salad looks great. Isn’t it just the best thing to throw together when you want a quick meal?

Last fun item purchased? My new Foreman grill! I can’t grill in this city so I look forward to doing some “summer grillin” on this little thing.
Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy Living Girl” recently posted..Around the World in 20 Eggs! Breakfast for Dinna

20 Cara April 20, 2011 at 7:51 am

I always love shopping dates with my mom! It looks like you had a great day! That salad you had for dinner looks great!

21 Rachel April 20, 2011 at 8:04 am

Wow, I thought I was one of the only people left still watching One Tree Hill, I love it!! I’ve been watching since the beginning so I can’t stop now! Could you believe it about Brooke and Julian??? I was soooo mad!!! Poor Brooke can’t catch a baby break! :(

22 Courtney April 20, 2011 at 9:42 am

I know!! I felt bad :( However, their super lovey-dovey stuff is starting to irritate me. I mean c’mon, who’s REALLY like that ALL the time??? ;)

23 CaSaundra April 20, 2011 at 8:32 am

Days with mom are always fun! You’ll love the scoops–makes cupcake life a heck of a lot easier! :-)

24 Arianna @ laughter + linguini April 20, 2011 at 5:24 pm

You and your mom are gorgeous! Days with mama always make everything better :) And those shirts are so cute – I’m now officially in summer-mode, ha! P.S. what did you think of One Tree Hill? I’ve been watching since day 1.. still love it!

25 Courtney April 20, 2011 at 6:30 pm

I couldn’t decide about last night’s episode. I sort of liked the flashbacks, but then again, I just wanted them to get on with the story at hand!

26 Sarah April 20, 2011 at 10:32 pm

I love shopping with my mom too, so fun! Those shoes are so springy and cute!
Your salad also looks amaaazzinnggggg
Sarah recently posted..beat