Courtney Squared

by Courtney on April 20, 2011

Today, I had the lovely pleasure of meeting up with Courtney for a lunch date! No sillies, not me, this Courtney. The two of us have been communicating back and forth for a few weeks now about some different ideas, so we decided to meet up and chat over some sushi.

We went to a small little place called Yoshi Sushi in Latham, which I had never been to. From the outside, it looks like kind of a dump, to be honest. But the inside was anything but, and the food was great! I was immediately served some nice warm tea, which tasted great in this afternoon’s chilly, windy weather.

The ordering style was much different from anything I had never seen this before!

The menu was already on the table, so you just mark off what you want and bring it up to the counter.

To my surprise, after ordering, we were served some salad and miso soup. Both were typical, but certainly tasty.

I think my biggest achievement of the day was that I was able to eat my whole salad with chopsticks. Usually, I’m fumbling around with them like an idiot, but today I brought my game face. Winking smile

As you probably noticed above, I decided on the California and Sweet Potato rolls for today’s lunch.

Last week when I went to Sake Café with Gabby, she had ordered a sweet potato roll, let me try it, and it was incredible. Usually, I try to steer clear of any rolls with extra mayo or those that are labeled “tempura” (aka, fried). But for the sweet potato roll, an exception was made!

Both of my rolls today were really delicious, and I actually can’t decide which restaurant I like better now…Yoshi or Sake? I guess I’ll just have to try a few more from both?

Courtney and I had a really nice time chatting and sharing some different ideas of ours over lunch. It’s always nice to, not only meet a blog reader, but also one who shares such similar interests. I left lunch with so many ideas that I’m really excited to start thinking more about and possibly putting into place. Thanks again, Courtney!

P.S. – I really can’t get used to calling somebody else Courtney. It’s just so not common for me…two Courtney’s at once? That’s crazy talk! Confused smile

***********

After lunch, I headed out to meet up with Sarah & Mal at the mall (yes, again). I didn’t do any buying, but had a great time just hanging out with two of my favorite gals.

Unfortunately, I had quite the stomach pains for the majority of our mall adventure. I originally thought it may have been from lunch, but I actually think a major factor was my darn outfit!

A couple fun side notes here…one, I’m standing on my couch in order to take this picture (I’m so cool like that), and two…do you see my little creeper anywhere??? Winking smile

So even though the belt wasn’t totally tight, it seems as though any time I try to wear any sort of belt around my waist, I get extremely uncomfortable. Which is a total bummer because I love the look of layering with a belt.

As soon as I got home, the belt came off and I instantly felt relief.

So then I played around a bit with this guy. Smile

Now, I’m just waiting for hubby to get home so we can figure out what to have for dinner. Although, I’m starting to get hungry, so we’ll see how long I can hold off for… Winking smile

Question for the Evening:

Are there are any clothes/shoes/etc you can’t wear because of discomfort?

1 kate@ahealthypassion April 20, 2011 at 6:34 pm

Love the outfit and havent tried sweet potato rolls but ill be on the lookout next time I get sushi it sounds amazing!
kate@ahealthypassion recently posted..and we’re back weekend recap a little giveaway!

2 Courtney April 20, 2011 at 6:42 pm

It’s…dare I say…life changing! ;)

3 Ally (oatsandspice) April 20, 2011 at 6:45 pm

I LOVE your outfit – adorable!

The sweet potato roll looks so good – I wish they had that at the sushi place I typically go to – yum!
Ally (oatsandspice) recently posted..Breakfast Lunch Dinner

4 Amanda April 20, 2011 at 10:21 pm

Where I live sweet potato roll is called “Idaho maki”

5 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles April 20, 2011 at 6:53 pm

Yay! More creeper pics of Cody! :)

6 Kristen @ That Hoosier Girl April 20, 2011 at 6:54 pm

Cute outfit! With…or without the belt :)

I HATE wearing pants that ride at the hip to work. Desk job + pants that cut right into your tummy = no bueno for 8 hours! haha

7 Erica April 20, 2011 at 6:57 pm

i’m the same, belts….love the look, can’t stand how they feel on me!

another one is…headbands. gives me major migraines :(

8 Danielle April 20, 2011 at 7:06 pm

Obssesed with yam rolls! If your ever in Clifton park you need to get sushi from sushi na rah….best in the area…I would not kid you!!!

9 Shanna, Like Banana April 20, 2011 at 7:12 pm

OMG..I was just wearing a skinny belt and pencil skirt yesterday and felt off the whole day (only while sitting) and I couldn’t pinpoint if it was the skirt or belt since neither felt tight, but it was like something was contanstly pressing!
Shanna, Like Banana recently posted..2 years ago today…

10 Cynthia (It All Changes) April 20, 2011 at 7:19 pm

I love sushi and sweet potato roll used to be my favorite. I enjoy the avocado, daikon radish and cucumber best now. I actually saw Yoshi Sushi while visit a friend in Latham today and added it to my “to try list.”

As for fashion…I can’t wear most pointed shoes because I have wide toes or many heals because of my back surgery. I make exception on the heels for very fancy occasions.
Cynthia (It All Changes) recently posted..Meet My Nemesis

11 Kimberley April 20, 2011 at 7:43 pm

I love the look of belts around the waist line, but I am the same with you, cannot pull it off, way to uncomfortable. I have tried high wasted shorts or a skirt and than putting a belt around the top of them and it is alot more comfortable!
Kimberley recently posted..Fresh Produce Heaven

12 Parita @ myinnershakti April 20, 2011 at 7:53 pm

Sushi must be the official blogger met up food. I met up with Alexa from Simple Eats this weekend and we also had sushi. :) Love your outfit btw…the belt is a cute addition!
Parita @ myinnershakti recently posted..Yes Woman

13 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey April 20, 2011 at 8:21 pm

I love belts but I’m always uncomfortable in them too! I also can’t stnad turtlenecks!!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..just laugh

14 Kelly April 20, 2011 at 8:41 pm

I’ve never even heard of a sweet potato roll. I am definitely going to have to seek that one out!!
Kelly recently posted..fun facts &amp best vacations part III

15 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy April 20, 2011 at 8:54 pm

I wore a belt around my waist to work last week and had the same problem! I felt terrible all morning, and as soon as I took it off, I felt so much better. What we do for fashion…
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..A latte kind of day

16 Cute-Ella April 20, 2011 at 9:01 pm

Thanks for the link! It was so much fun meeting you and chatting today…And you can call me Ella if it’s easier ;)

As for clothes, I’m usually good with regular belts that hold up my pants, but higher ones bug me.

And panyhose. I HATE THEM!
Cute-Ella recently posted..Sharing is Caring – Bizarre Peanut Butter Sandwich

17 Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy Living Girl" April 20, 2011 at 9:36 pm

Haha. Belts around the waist do the same thing to me…and sometimes tight jeans make me uncomfortable too!

I’m surprised that I’ve never had a sweet potato roll because I just love me some sweet potatoes. I haven’t been to sushi in a while, but when I do, I hope they have sweet potato :-)
Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy Living Girl” recently posted..Lunch Envy and the Trainer Tune Up

18 Charlie April 20, 2011 at 10:32 pm

I had high waist pants that got really uncomfortable when I sat down. After they were stretched and kept falling off!
Charlie recently posted..Quick &amp Easy Pasta Carbonara

19 Jenny (Fit Girl Foodie) April 20, 2011 at 10:50 pm

I’ve never seen a sweet potato roll before. I always steer clear of anything fried but sushi and sweet tatters seem like the most perfect combo to pass up. What a cute outfit, it looks adorable on you. And I can’t wear skinny jeans, I don’t know what it is but I feel like it’s squishing my thighs and ankles too tight, Can’t stand that constricted feeling! :D

20 Jardan April 20, 2011 at 10:52 pm

I live in australia and haven’t once seen Sweet Potato Rolls. maybe i’ll have to make it for myself! ;)

Clothing that I don’t last long in would have to be high heel shoes. My feet are usually in severe pain halfway through the night.
Jardan recently posted..swoon

21 Khushboo April 21, 2011 at 12:13 am

That california roll looks so yum, especially the avocado! I so feel you about waistbelts! Last week, before going for dinner I was deciding whether to accessorise with a chunky necklace or waistbelt. I wanted to really eat so chunky necklace it was! ;)

22 Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet April 21, 2011 at 4:32 am

Love your top and your hair like that!

I always layer with a belt, but I’ve never been uncomfortable. But I do hate wearing new flats, since they always tear my ankles apart :(

Love that last picture of Cody :) I just want to rub under his chin…
Liv @ The Salty n’ Sweet recently posted..Tropical Salad Dinner

23 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine April 21, 2011 at 7:27 am

YES! Any time I wear something tight around my waist, I feel really uncomfortable and bloated. My theory is that my digestive system is all squished, so it pushes everything into the lower part of my stomach. Probably totally wrong, but it stinks when it comes to belts, I agree!!
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Bonefish Homecoming

24 Samantha April 21, 2011 at 9:47 am

I am not a fan of strapless bras…always pulling and tugging on them so the girls stay in. I am also not a fan of “peep-toe” heels because my big toe likes to go through and I end up with giant blisters. *this just happened last Saturday :(

25 Holly April 21, 2011 at 10:25 am

At first I thought you were going to say that you had tried Eel in your sushi..and I was going to be so happy for you..but then I didn’t see it- haha! I guess I’ll just have to come visit you & take you for some Eel sushi ;) I PROMISE it’s good!!
And, I have the SAME problems with belts- my stupid Crohn’s disease makes my belly get all bloat-y (is that a word- haha) and belts kill! I’m actually wearing one today, but I’m having a ‘good stomach day’ today..surprisingly! I’m sure you know all about those good & bad stomach days!
Holly recently posted..What to Read Wednesday

26 Courtney April 21, 2011 at 10:39 am

Oh I sure do!

27 Courtney Ferrell April 21, 2011 at 1:43 pm

Yum sushi! Courtney’s are good people!!
Courtney Ferrell recently posted..Making a list and checking itoff!

28 Sarah April 21, 2011 at 9:27 pm

sweet potato rolls are my favorite!!! YUM
Sarah recently posted..beat