Courtney Squared

Today, I had the lovely pleasure of meeting up with Courtney for a lunch date! No sillies, not me, this Courtney. The two of us have been communicating back and forth for a few weeks now about some different ideas, so we decided to meet up and chat over some sushi.

We went to a small little place called Yoshi Sushi in Latham, which I had never been to. From the outside, it looks like kind of a dump, to be honest. But the inside was anything but, and the food was great! I was immediately served some nice warm tea, which tasted great in this afternoon’s chilly, windy weather.

The ordering style was much different from anything I had never seen this before!

The menu was already on the table, so you just mark off what you want and bring it up to the counter.

To my surprise, after ordering, we were served some salad and miso soup. Both were typical, but certainly tasty.

I think my biggest achievement of the day was that I was able to eat my whole salad with chopsticks. Usually, I’m fumbling around with them like an idiot, but today I brought my game face. Winking smile

As you probably noticed above, I decided on the California and Sweet Potato rolls for today’s lunch.

Last week when I went to Sake Café with Gabby, she had ordered a sweet potato roll, let me try it, and it was incredible. Usually, I try to steer clear of any rolls with extra mayo or those that are labeled “tempura” (aka, fried). But for the sweet potato roll, an exception was made!

Both of my rolls today were really delicious, and I actually can’t decide which restaurant I like better now…Yoshi or Sake? I guess I’ll just have to try a few more from both?

Courtney and I had a really nice time chatting and sharing some different ideas of ours over lunch. It’s always nice to, not only meet a blog reader, but also one who shares such similar interests. I left lunch with so many ideas that I’m really excited to start thinking more about and possibly putting into place. Thanks again, Courtney!

P.S. – I really can’t get used to calling somebody else Courtney. It’s just so not common for me…two Courtney’s at once? That’s crazy talk! Confused smile

After lunch, I headed out to meet up with Sarah & Mal at the mall (yes, again). I didn’t do any buying, but had a great time just hanging out with two of my favorite gals.

Unfortunately, I had quite the stomach pains for the majority of our mall adventure. I originally thought it may have been from lunch, but I actually think a major factor was my darn outfit!

A couple fun side notes here…one, I’m standing on my couch in order to take this picture (I’m so cool like that), and two…do you see my little creeper anywhere??? Winking smile

So even though the belt wasn’t totally tight, it seems as though any time I try to wear any sort of belt around my waist, I get extremely uncomfortable. Which is a total bummer because I love the look of layering with a belt.

As soon as I got home, the belt came off and I instantly felt relief.

So then I played around a bit with this guy. Smile

Now, I’m just waiting for hubby to get home so we can figure out what to have for dinner. Although, I’m starting to get hungry, so we’ll see how long I can hold off for… Winking smile

Question for the Evening:

Are there are any clothes/shoes/etc you can’t wear because of discomfort?

1. Danielle says

Obssesed with yam rolls! If your ever in Clifton park you need to get sushi from sushi na rah….best in the area…I would not kid you!!!

OMG..I was just wearing a skinny belt and pencil skirt yesterday and felt off the whole day (only while sitting) and I couldn’t pinpoint if it was the skirt or belt since neither felt tight, but it was like something was contanstly pressing!
    Shanna, Like Banana recently posted..2 years ago today…

I love sushi and sweet potato roll used to be my favorite. I enjoy the avocado, daikon radish and cucumber best now. I actually saw Yoshi Sushi while visit a friend in Latham today and added it to my “to try list.”

As for fashion…I can’t wear most pointed shoes because I have wide toes or many heals because of my back surgery. I make exception on the heels for very fancy occasions.
    Cynthia (It All Changes) recently posted..Meet My Nemesis

I love the look of belts around the waist line, but I am the same with you, cannot pull it off, way to uncomfortable. I have tried high wasted shorts or a skirt and than putting a belt around the top of them and it is alot more comfortable!
    Kimberley recently posted..Fresh Produce Heaven

I’ve never seen a sweet potato roll before. I always steer clear of anything fried but sushi and sweet tatters seem like the most perfect combo to pass up. What a cute outfit, it looks adorable on you. And I can’t wear skinny jeans, I don’t know what it is but I feel like it’s squishing my thighs and ankles too tight, Can’t stand that constricted feeling! 😀

I live in australia and haven’t once seen Sweet Potato Rolls. maybe i’ll have to make it for myself! 😉

Clothing that I don’t last long in would have to be high heel shoes. My feet are usually in severe pain halfway through the night.
    Jardan recently posted..swoon

That california roll looks so yum, especially the avocado! I so feel you about waistbelts! Last week, before going for dinner I was deciding whether to accessorise with a chunky necklace or waistbelt. I wanted to really eat so chunky necklace it was! 😉

YES! Any time I wear something tight around my waist, I feel really uncomfortable and bloated. My theory is that my digestive system is all squished, so it pushes everything into the lower part of my stomach. Probably totally wrong, but it stinks when it comes to belts, I agree!!
    Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Bonefish Homecoming

9. Samantha says

I am not a fan of strapless bras…always pulling and tugging on them so the girls stay in. I am also not a fan of “peep-toe” heels because my big toe likes to go through and I end up with giant blisters. *this just happened last Saturday :(

At first I thought you were going to say that you had tried Eel in your sushi..and I was going to be so happy for you..but then I didn’t see it- haha! I guess I’ll just have to come visit you & take you for some Eel sushi 😉 I PROMISE it’s good!!
    And, I have the SAME problems with belts- my stupid Crohn’s disease makes my belly get all bloat-y (is that a word- haha) and belts kill! I’m actually wearing one today, but I’m having a ‘good stomach day’ today..surprisingly! I’m sure you know all about those good & bad stomach days!
    Holly recently posted..What to Read Wednesday