Just Give Me The May Flowers

by Courtney on April 20, 2011

Talk about a dreary April morning…

Can’t we just skip the “April Showers” and go straight to the “May Flowers?” Winking smile

At least Cody doesn’t mind. As long as there’s birds chirping or leaves blowing, he’s easily occupied.

“I seeeee you little birdy…now if I could juuuust figure out how to break through this window…”IMG_2225

The gloomy, damp weather left me craving something warm and comforting for breakfast, so another buckwheat bowl was in order.

In today’s bowl:

All topped off with some of my granola and a little PB2. I actually really love using PB2 on oats because you can mess around with the consistency. I like it nice and runny so it oozes all over my oats. Winking smile

Workout

This morning I was craving some cardio, so I busted out the original 5-4-3-2-1 treadmill workout that I originally found from Kristin. I’ve had quite a few of my friends tell me that they’ve given it a try and that it’s “been kicking their a$$!” Surprised smile That’s awesome.

***********

This afternoon I have a lunch date planned, followed by some QT with my friends Sarah and Mal. You see, had I still had a job, this week would have been my spring break, so I would have been on vacation anyways. And since 90% of my friends also seem to work in schools, they’re on break this week, too. So I have some fun things in store!

Catch ya on the flip side!!

Question for the Day:

What is your dream job?

**Edited to add – For those of you who asked yesterday about where the cute shoes I tried on were from. They’re from Lane Bryant! :)

1 Lauren April 20, 2011 at 9:53 am

Mmm your breakfast looks delish. I haven’t had bananas in the house for too long… I need to get on that! Also, love the Cody pics! Keep ‘em coming :-)

2 briana April 20, 2011 at 10:01 am

I am currently a teaching assistant and love all the vacation, but my dream job would be traveling and eating all different types of food and writing about it!

3 Emily April 20, 2011 at 10:02 am

my dream job? Being a personal chef and cupcake baker to someone with lots of money who lives somewhere amazing ;) hahaha
Emily recently posted..it’s birthday time!

4 Kimberley April 20, 2011 at 10:02 am

You breakfast’s always look the best! And since reading your post about sweet or savory, every morning when I get up all I think is … “Is it a sweet or savory type of morning” haha
Kimberley recently posted..Fresh Produce Heaven

5 Courtney April 20, 2011 at 10:58 am

Hahaha that’s great! :)

6 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles April 20, 2011 at 10:04 am

Keep the Cody pictures coming! Although it makes me a little jealous that our apartment doesn’t allow pet. I have to live vicariously through your and your pictures of Cody! :)

7 Jordan April 20, 2011 at 10:15 am

It’s a dreary, cold, wet day here in Chicago, as well! I was definitely craving a bit hot bowl of oats this morning to warm me up. Where is Spring time?! I’m ready for hot weather so I can dig into colder breakfasts like smoothies and yogurt bowls!! :) Enjoy your vacation time!
Jordan recently posted..Can we just talk about this

8 Kelly April 20, 2011 at 10:16 am

My dream job would be a writer…I would love to write action, mystery novels!!

9 Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers April 20, 2011 at 11:15 am

i’d read your books, kelly! :) i love your writing!
Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers recently posted..When the Music Moves You

10 Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy" Girl April 20, 2011 at 10:33 am

It is so dreary here in NYC too. Advantage of working in cube land? Lack of windows so I don’t realize how ugly it is outside ;-)

I need to get some PB2 stat. Another thing on my “To Buy” list that I haven’t gotten around too. Glad you have fun things planned for this week!

Dream job? That’s so easy! In college I interned at a magazine here in NYC, and ever since, it’s been my dream to get back into the industry. SO, dream job would be Editor-in-Chief of SELF (I love her- read her Editor’s Note every month). Devil Wears Prada is one of my favorite movies because Anne Hathaway reminds me of myself (pre-glam girl- the awkward girl at the beginning of the movie that smells like an onion bagel when she goes in for her interview) ;-) I love to get that behind-the-scenes view of the magazine world, even though I could never survive at a fashion magazine.
Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy” Girl recently posted..Around the World in 20 Eggs! Breakfast for Dinna

11 Courtney April 20, 2011 at 10:57 am

I LOVE the Devil Wears Prada! By far one of my favorite movies ever :-D

12 Liz April 20, 2011 at 10:33 am

Dream job thoughts change everyday for me, but this morning I’m feelin’ cookbook author. Maybe we can co-author?
Liz recently posted..Cadbury Mini Egg Chocolate Chip Cookies

13 Courtney April 20, 2011 at 10:56 am

Let’s DO IT!!!

14 cailen April 20, 2011 at 10:43 am

mmm…that breakfast looks so yummy! i enjoyed some overnight oats this morning with pb and banana : )

my dream job is to be a writer & lifestyle expert. i’m in the process of working on my first cookbook now which will have healthy dinner & cocktail recipes.

cheers!
cailen
cailen recently posted..food philosophy

15 Melissa April 20, 2011 at 10:52 am

Hard to be motivated to do much when it’s so dreary! You, my dear, are my idol today! :)

I would love to be a writer/editor for a magazine like Self or Glamour or really any women’s magazine! It has always been my dream, but I was never brave enough to pursue it.
Melissa recently posted..Excellent Enthusiasm

16 kate@ahealthypassion April 20, 2011 at 11:14 am

Ooh your breakfast looks so comforting and warm, just what I need. Dream job would definitely be helping people and teaching them about health.
kate@ahealthypassion recently posted..and we’re back weekend recap a little giveaway!

17 Shanna, Like Banana April 20, 2011 at 11:16 am

You know, I don’t know what my dream job would be. I do love wedding planning, but I aslo have loved volunteering in wineries and also at the Humane Society. I’d be in a more people-oriented job that’s for sure ;)
Shanna, Like Banana recently posted..2 years ago today…

18 Courtney April 20, 2011 at 11:50 am

Volunteering in a winery? Now THAT sounds fun! And dangerous… ;)

19 Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers April 20, 2011 at 11:17 am

my dream job would be to be a full-time blogger, freelance writer (about food, fitness, family and living a healthy life) and possibly a fitness instructor on the side. i have a bazillion things i’d like to do! :) also, i’d LOVE to breed vizslas, but i struggle w/ that b/c of all the shelter pets that need homes.
Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers recently posted..When the Music Moves You

20 Amanda @ The Beauty Notebooks April 20, 2011 at 3:24 pm

I LOVE vizslas and used to want to be a vizsla breeder when I was about 11 years old! I have grown up with nothing but Vizslas (Kelsey, Jackie–who lived to be 14–and Buddy, my family’s current almost 5-year-old Vizsla who still acts like a puppy) and can’t imagine not having Vizslas in my life!

21 Jay April 20, 2011 at 11:57 am

My dream job is to own a bar in the Caribbean!

22 Karen April 20, 2011 at 11:58 am

Hi Courtney! I had almost the exact breakfast this morning as it’s dreary in Chicago as well. My dream job is a Event Planner where I could work at home and plan fun events throughout the USA. Right now, I am a meeting planner for an Association and it’s lots of fun. Question, I am making a cake for my mom’s birthday this weekend and wanted to see if the Diet Soda would work for a cake??
Have a wonderful day!!

23 Courtney April 20, 2011 at 6:36 pm

Yes, it absolutely would! Was it you that asked this question yesterday on the soda cake post??? :-P

24 Karen April 21, 2011 at 9:40 am

Yes, it was me…:) I’m weird like that and like to second guess myself when making something new. Can’t wait to have my mom try her birthday cake!!

25 Whitney April 20, 2011 at 12:29 pm

Dream job is a social worker (def. being accomplished already) in which I’d like to eventually open a soup kitchen/shelter after attending Le Courdon Bleu! I’d love to create healthy, fresh food for people experiencing homelessness. Also, I’d love to be a life skills coach. All these things are within reach and I hope to say, “these were my dream jobs that I accomplished throughout my life” one day. :)

26 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries April 20, 2011 at 12:38 pm

My dream job would be a writer and full-time blogger. And a counselor on the side? (That sounds so backwards!) What’s YOUR dream job?
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..You Hurt Yourself While Running in Place

27 Courtney April 20, 2011 at 6:40 pm

Oh gosh…I’ve really been doing a lot of thinking about this one lately. There’s so many things I enjoy…blogging, teaching, baking, cupcakes, health & wellness, writing…now I just need to figure out how to put them all together into my dream job! :)

28 Lauren H. April 20, 2011 at 1:06 pm

I’m going to have to buy some of this buckwheat cereal-looks good!! My dream job would be informing people on all types of health and fitness etc…I have my kinesiology degree now I’m about to start nursing school sooo hopefully after all the debt i’ve accrued in school loans i’ll be able to figure something out :) Maybe a new career path you could try is your own cupcake bakery!? Courtney’s Cupcakes has a nice ring to it :)

29 Courtney April 20, 2011 at 6:37 pm

Hmmm, it does, doesn’t it?? ;)

30 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey April 20, 2011 at 1:07 pm

My dream job is to be a mom. Second up is a teacher. THerefore, I will be a teacher until I am a mom!!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..just laugh

31 Courtney April 20, 2011 at 6:34 pm

I like it! Would you be a stay-at-home mommy? :)

32 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey April 20, 2011 at 7:59 pm

Yes! It has honestly been my dream to raise kids for as long as I can imagine. I just have to sit back and wait for my Husband’s business to grow though so we can afford for me to stay at home!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..just laugh

33 Rachel @ The Perseverance Diaries April 20, 2011 at 1:15 pm

Ughhh I feel you about the NY weather. I live in the city and for some reason these clouds just won’t go away! I need to start praying for better weather :)

My dream job would be as a judge on Top Chef. Can you imagine just getting to try all of those amazing chef’s creations and get paid for it? Or I’d take Anthony Bourdain’s job, travel the world while eating and drinking and then documenting it for people to watch on T.V!
Rachel @ The Perseverance Diaries recently posted..VIP Status in the ER

34 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat April 20, 2011 at 1:41 pm

I’d love to been certified in massage and personal training (as well as being an RD) so that I could open my own wellness center.

PB2 is the BEST – it’s so much easier to add to liquid things since it’s powdered then having to melt real PB.
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Weekend Recap

35 Chelsa April 20, 2011 at 2:39 pm

I was just thinking the other day that someone should take some of the fat out of peanut butter. I’m totally ordering some today. Thanks for sharing!
Chelsa recently posted..Simple Healthy Food

36 Karen April 20, 2011 at 2:57 pm

I actually have two dream job would be a personal chef! I would love to be able to create a great meals for people!
Karen recently posted..First Time For Everything

37 Charlie April 20, 2011 at 2:58 pm

This buckwheat is making me drool! The PB2 on top looks runny and delicious! Yum!
I’d love to be a chef and/or baker. Wait.. I have a blog for that :)
My dream job would be psychologist in a children’s hospital.
Charlie recently posted..Quick &amp Easy Pasta Carbonara

38 Alyssa Kuminski April 20, 2011 at 3:25 pm

My dream job is to be a foodie. Just go around tasting food – THAT would be amazing :)
Alyssa Kuminski recently posted..Shopaholic

39 Courtney April 20, 2011 at 6:32 pm

Umm YES it would!! :-D

40 rachael April 20, 2011 at 3:33 pm

we are having the exact weather in oregon…i am ready for some sunny weather and consistent at that! my dream job is to be a mommy and my dream is coming true this september.

41 Lauren April 20, 2011 at 3:54 pm

It still amazes me how a bowl of oats can day after day look sooo good to me! Such a beautiful sight
Dream job-half interior designer doing hotels-half yoga instructor changing peoples lives.

42 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life April 20, 2011 at 6:14 pm

My dream job would be working at a not-for-profit organization affiliated with the U.N. as their in house lawyer. I’m currently in law school so hopefully my dream job will become my real job one day!
Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..Overnight Oats

43 Jardan April 20, 2011 at 10:54 pm

Your cat is adorable!
My dream job would be to be a successful personal trainer :) as you can tell from my blogs lol
Jardan recently posted..swoon

44 Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet April 21, 2011 at 4:37 am

My dream job would be a recipe developer/travel writer for a magazine. But only if hardcore reporting doesn’t work out in my future!

Oh, and I just tried your treadmill workout and it’s amazing! You don’t think you’re getting that much done, but it gave me the best 5K time ever! Thank you :)

Question, does Cody make strange noises when he gets really into watching the birds/squirrels? My cat always makes some kind of croaking noise and it freaks me out all the time!
Liv @ The Salty n’ Sweet recently posted..Tropical Salad Dinner

45 Courtney April 21, 2011 at 8:19 am

So glad you liked the treadmill workout!
And YES!!! He’s only just started doing it recently, but he makes these really faint little meows/moans. It’s so strange, but the only time he does it is when he’s watching birds…or leaves ;)

46 Sarah April 21, 2011 at 12:17 pm

Im totally with you on skipping to the may flowers, im over all these april showers!
Sarah recently posted..beat