Fashion Friday: Rompers

by Courtney on April 22, 2011

Usually when I wake up in the morning, Cody is right there to greet me. Sometimes it’s to play fetch, but normally, it’s just to cuddle. I love me some Cody cuddles!

So when I didn’t immediately see him waiting for me this morning, I started to wonder where he could be? After a few minutes of searching, I finally spotted him.

Those birdies reeeeally had his attention this morning! Winking smile

I woke up rather hungry today, so I went right to the kitchen and started breakfast. Another bowl of Pumpkin Buckwheat was callin’ my name!

With some extra drizzly PB2. Smile

It’s sooooooo good.

*************

So you know what today is, right? RIGHT???

Happy Fashion Friday!!

For today’s topic, I’m really interested to hear all of your opinions on this one…

source

Seeing as though I’ve been to the mall twice this week, I noticed that many of the stores are now carrying rompers. I remember trying one on last year while shopping in Forever 21 and deemed myself a hideous mess. It was just not for me.

However, I’m starting to wonder if maybe I just tried a bad one? They are coming out with tons of styles for these things!

source

And some of them are really cute! For example, my fellow fashionista, Gina, recently picked up a couple from Express that I really like.

source

Here’s a few other places that also have quite a few to check out:

I don’t know, I guess I’m just still on the fence with this one. Cute, but maybe not for me?

So I’d LOVE to hear what you guys think!

Question for the Day:

Rompers: Yay or Nay?

1 Alessandra April 22, 2011 at 9:35 am

SUPER adorable IF you find a cute one AND if you have the right body type… Some have shorts that are TOO short but I say go try on a bunch of different styles and see!
My must have right now are maxi dresses… SOOOOOO cute,comfy, and flattering!! :)

2 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat April 22, 2011 at 9:36 am

I can’t get into the romper trend. Just not going to happen with me… but some girls can rock them!

3 Farrah April 22, 2011 at 9:38 am

I’m 5’10 and they aren’t usually long enough for my torso, but I think they are super cute!
Farrah recently posted..Roasted Garlic Potato Bread

4 Cute~Ella April 22, 2011 at 9:40 am

Not a look I’m going to try. With my body shape it’ll just be a disaster…plus they look too difficult to go to the bathroom in
Cute~Ella recently posted..Sharing is Caring – Bizarre Peanut Butter Sandwich

5 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries April 22, 2011 at 9:44 am

Not for me. I’ve tried one on and it’s just a hot mess. I’ve been shopping a couple times and I’ll pick one up thinking it’s a dress, but the be super let down when I get in the dressing room and actually try to put it on! And I agree with Ella – how the hell do you go to the bathroom? Pull it to the side? Take it all the way off? I don’t like outfits that require that much coordination and forethought haha.
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..You Hurt Yourself While Running in Place

6 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine April 22, 2011 at 9:44 am

I’m definitely not a fan of rompers, at least on myself!! I think they look really cute on some people, but they have to be tailored and stylish- the beach cover up ones look silly to me. I just don’t have the guts to pull them off!
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Bonefish Homecoming

7 Faith @ lovelyascharged April 22, 2011 at 9:44 am

I feel like rompers are something best left to the super tall and super thin – two things that my body will just never be! I love how they look on other people, but there are just better things to complement my own body.
Faith @ lovelyascharged recently posted..Intention of the Evening

8 Lisa @ I'm an Okie April 22, 2011 at 9:45 am

You make me want a cat! Someday! :(.

I tried on a romper once and hated and have pretty much given up since then.

9 Erin @ The Grass Skirt April 22, 2011 at 9:51 am

Rompers look cute on some people, but to me, they are a nay. I’d feel like a 5 year old wearing one! They do look comfy though.
Erin @ The Grass Skirt recently posted..Feeling Festive

10 Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet April 22, 2011 at 9:52 am

I’ve been wanting to buy for a while. I actually love them, since I’m really short, so it’s like a mini-dress, but not too revealing since they’re actually shorts.

I think Urban Outfitters carried some cute ones last year. Give them a second try!
Liv @ The Salty n’ Sweet recently posted..Tropical Salad Dinner

11 celina April 22, 2011 at 9:56 am

I like to think of rompers as one piece bathing suits…with the right style, colour, and design they can look super cute and trendy! That being said…theyre clearly not for everyone! Try on different styles and buy for your body type.. I think if you bought one, try it on with a belt so your waist doesnt get lost in the fabric and to break up the “onsie.” Im curious to see the other comment on this post!
celina recently posted..MODEL MUST READ

12 Melissa April 22, 2011 at 9:58 am

I want to like rompers so much! I feel like they have a lot of potential, but you need to find the right one. I tried one on the other day that was decidedly NOT the right one. You have to click over and see this pic because it is just that ridiculous!

Melissa recently posted..The First Starbucks

13 Courtney April 22, 2011 at 2:12 pm

Haha, those are great!

14 Susan April 22, 2011 at 9:59 am

I had two look twice, that picture looked just like my cat. Aw :) I love rompers on people who should be wearing them… I for one, am not one of those people ;)
Susan recently posted..So what if my downward dog is struggling

15 Jessica April 22, 2011 at 10:07 am

I wish they had pb2 in CANADA!
I am so jealous, i’ve always wanted to try it…
Do you mix it with water to make it like pb?
Jessica recently posted..Last week of studying!

16 Courtney April 22, 2011 at 2:10 pm

yup! If you click on the link it should bring you to their website and I think you can order online??

17 Jessica April 22, 2011 at 2:15 pm

yes, but with shipping it comes to $35 dollars!
I would feel like a FREAK paying that much for pb!! haha
Jessica recently posted..Last week of studying!

18 Courtney April 22, 2011 at 2:44 pm

Oh gosh…yeah, that’s a little excessive I suppose!

19 Presley April 22, 2011 at 10:11 am

I’ve tried on a MILLION and found ONE that I like. It’s so tough to find one that looks good on me. I’m lackin in the chest department, so they tend to make me look like a toddler.

It’s sad, because I really do love them on some girls!!

20 Courtney April 22, 2011 at 2:10 pm

Girl, you are NOT alone! ;)

21 Shanna, Like Banana April 22, 2011 at 10:26 am

I used to say nay, but now I’m sort of loving them. I need to try a few on, but I think they’d look HOT with some wedges and a tan ;)
Shanna, Like Banana recently posted..2 years ago today…

22 Courtney April 22, 2011 at 2:09 pm

I knew I could count on you to give us the scoop! ;)

23 Mandee April 22, 2011 at 10:33 am

I love them… But I look HORRIBLE in them. Sooo not for my body type. ah well c’est la vie!
Mandee recently posted..A blackberry for eating- not texting… blackberry CUPCAKE- that is!

24 Cynthia (It All Changes) April 22, 2011 at 10:33 am

All I can think of with Rompers is how many times I almost peed my pants trying to get them off as a kid when I had to use the bathroom. Big no way for me.

25 Courtney April 22, 2011 at 2:09 pm

HAHAHA :-P

26 Liz @ IHeartVegetables April 22, 2011 at 10:36 am

I think they’re super cute but I just can’t pull it off! I think maybe I need to try some other styles, but so far, what I’ve tried just hasn’t worked for me!
Liz @ IHeartVegetables recently posted..Bootylicious Me Why Thank You

27 Amy B @ Second City Randomness April 22, 2011 at 10:36 am

I can honestly say I’m not a super trendy person. And I’m cool with it- I’m more the kind of girl to mix and match the classics and staples… But I bought a romper last summer and comfort alone is worth it! Plus, I feel super cute running around in it! :)
Amy B @ Second City Randomness recently posted..Weirdness in List Form

28 Courtney April 22, 2011 at 2:09 pm

I’m sure you look super cute running around in it!! :)

29 Lauren April 22, 2011 at 10:37 am

I think they are cute, but just not for me. I tried a few on and um, it wasn’t pretty!
I agree with others about the bathroom thing!
Lauren recently posted..Positivly Productive

30 Shannon April 22, 2011 at 10:44 am

I have seen a few rompers that were really cute but I have held off on getting one because my boyfriend thinks they are hideous
Shannon recently posted..Insanity Day 2

31 Holly April 22, 2011 at 10:47 am

I think I look weird in them..but I think it’s because I’m so short!
Holly recently posted..What to Read Wednesday

32 khushboo April 22, 2011 at 10:54 am

Wasn’t a fan initially but rompers have defo grown on me. Not only are they cute but rompers are perfect for summertime: minimal clothing is necessary in the heat. Although take it from someone who owns a few- they no fun when the bathroom calls!
khushboo recently posted..Breakfast of chia-mpions

33 Kimberley April 22, 2011 at 11:22 am

I was not interested in them at all first! BUT, the more I see them I kind of want to try them out, I just did a post on some of the ones I was looking at. I definitly dont think I can pull off a pant jumpsuit but I may try a longsleeve short one, I like number 1 and 2 here from asos: http://yogalifeandlove.blogspot.com/2011/04/beauty-round-up.html :)
Kimberley recently posted..Beauty Round-Up

34 Kimberley April 22, 2011 at 11:23 am

oopsies I meant this link: http://yogalifeandlove.blogspot.com/2011/04/fashion-friday-jumpsuits.html Sorry :)
Kimberley recently posted..Beauty Round-Up

35 Cara April 22, 2011 at 11:32 am

Not a huge fan of rompers. I think they are cute but only really work on certain body types.

36 Kristen @ That Hoosier Girl April 22, 2011 at 11:43 am

I totally can’t pull off the romper look so I’m going to go with nay…although I typically take a liking to things as they’re on their way out as a trend so ask me again in a few months and I’ll probably say yay :)
Kristen @ That Hoosier Girl recently posted..Till I Collapse

37 Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy Living Girl" April 22, 2011 at 11:55 am

Your oats always look so darn good. I must buy some PB2!!

Rompers: YAY! I think you’d look adorable in them. You must have just tried on a bad one. I, on the other hand, might look no so hot. However, I’m willin’ to take the plunge if you are. haha Happy Friday!
Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy Living Girl” recently posted..Sometimes Healthy Gone to Texas

38 Ann April 22, 2011 at 12:16 pm

I am on the fence about them as well! I wonder if you need to be super tall and skinny to pull them off, in which case, I will stick to skirts and dresses. I’ve been eyeing them during my spring shopping trips, too, so I might have to try one on just to see how it goes!

39 Miranda @ working mom works out April 22, 2011 at 12:16 pm

I think it would look bad on me… Long torso and short legs. Maybe for someone else.

40 Lauren April 22, 2011 at 12:52 pm

I definitely like how they look but I’m not so sure they would look good on my 5’10 frame….
Lauren recently posted..The Coastal Carolina Air Show A Restaurant Review – La Costa

41 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy April 22, 2011 at 12:59 pm

I have a romper from New York & Company. It’s shape and style is very similar to the last photo you posted, but the color is just a solid black. I love it! It’s so comfy, and much like a summer dress, easy to throw on in the morning!
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..This Friday’s so…Bootylicious

42 Parita @ myinnershakti April 22, 2011 at 1:30 pm

I think these are definitely a yay. I think they have the potential to work on all bodies types…love the Express one!
Parita @ myinnershakti recently posted..Yes Woman

43 Alexa @ Simple Eats April 22, 2011 at 1:39 pm

I think they’re adorable, but I don’t think they’d work on my body. Who knows, though, I might be able to pull it off!
Alexa @ Simple Eats recently posted..Blog Love

44 Rochelle April 22, 2011 at 2:01 pm

Love rompers, think they’re super comfortable…until you have to go to the bathroom. The one I got has cute criss-cross straps in the back that serious make it a pain to get in and out of the bathroom quickly. Maybe I’m just picky but it gets annoying after wearing one all day!

45 Erica April 22, 2011 at 2:40 pm

i love rompers! but it’s so hard to find ones that are flattering! i need ones w/a dropped waistline…which i have a hard time finding! :)

funny conversation w/my grandma:
grandma: is that all connected?
me: yes, grandma
grandma: so…..when you go to the bathroom…you’re sitting there naked?
me:……yes grandma.

lol.

46 Courtney April 22, 2011 at 2:44 pm
47 Lisa @ Healthy Diaries April 22, 2011 at 2:48 pm

I purchased a romper at target last summer but never ended up wearing it. I think they are super cute, but I too think that I can’t pull them off!
Lisa @ Healthy Diaries recently posted..I hope I’m ready!

48 Colleen Urbaniuk April 22, 2011 at 3:32 pm

i love the way rompers look on the girls in the magazine but i have to agree with the bathroom issue (it was the first thing that came to mind when you asked what we thought). they remind me of one piece bathing suits and you have to decide to either keep it on and pull it over (hoping you don’t pee on it of course) or you decide to pull it down and try to manage holding it so it doesn’t touch the floor. could you really imagine doing this in a public restroom?? it’s bad enough trying to squat, balance, grab some t-paper and find a place to put your purse…how in the world would i figure out how to hold on to the romper too??!!

49 Chelsea April 22, 2011 at 3:41 pm

I love rompers but I just can’t pull them off. I have never been good with trends and I always look so goofy pulling trying them.
Chelsea recently posted..Delicious Eats and Juicy Deets

50 Chelsa April 22, 2011 at 5:27 pm

yay I love rompers! I’m sure you’ll find one that’ll look great.
Chelsa recently posted..Hair Eat Shop

51 Whitney April 22, 2011 at 7:20 pm

Rompers are a must for summer time!!! I have quite a few of them and I love how you can make them casual with flip flops or dress them up with wedges! They are so extremely comfortable. I think you should give them another try :)

52 Shayla April 22, 2011 at 7:28 pm

Not sure about the romper trend….I think I’ll stick with shorts and dresses! :)

53 Annmarie April 22, 2011 at 9:55 pm

I tried on that exact romper at Express a few weeks ago! I was sooooo close to buying bc I thought it was so cute… but like you I was wasn’t quite sure! I’m not sure if I can pull it off..

54 Kaitlyn April 22, 2011 at 10:54 pm

my roommate wears them all the time and they are SO cute on her. she is shorter though (about 5’3′ and has a big butt, so she fills out the rompers perfectly and they are so flattering on her.) I on the other hand, am with ya. the two or some ive ever tried on, i refused to even come out of the dressing room.
i am going shopping tomorrow though so maybe i will give it another go and try some new styles on. ill keep ya posted. ;)

secondly, im really interested in getting some PB2 but when i went to the website it seems you can only order 4 jars of it at a time!?!?! as a lone college student, theres no way i need 4 jars. plus, i dont even if i like it yet? is it as good as PB? i always top my oats with pb like you do here. PB2 help/feedback please!

55 Courtney April 23, 2011 at 6:28 am

I hear ya on that one. My honest opinion of PB2…I don’t like it enough to have on a sandwich, but I LOVE it on top of oats and mixed into things. I’m almost down to the bottom of my jar, and it’s taken me a while, but I think it was worth it! Maybe see if you can find a few other people to go in on an order with ya?

56 Kaitlyn April 25, 2011 at 1:19 pm

thanks for the feedback! appreciate it!

57 Christina April 23, 2011 at 10:45 pm

I have been wearing rompers since they first made a reappearance into the fashion world (2008), and 3 years later I feel kind of weird buying them (since I have been buying them for years) so I have stopped. but I do love them!

58 Colleen May 23, 2011 at 2:43 pm

I’m reading this super late but had to comment because I’m obsessed with rompers! I have five or six that I can think of right now, ranging from a fancy BCBG one that I wore to a cocktail party to a Target romper for weekends! Give them another chance!!
Colleen recently posted..Pickles in my Mole