No Bake Chocolate PB Chews

by Courtney on April 22, 2011

I always love hearing all of your opinions on Fashion Friday! If you haven’t yet weighed in on today’s post, make sure to go check it out.

Mid-morning, after letting breakfast digest, I headed down to the treadmill for a sweat sesh. My original plan was to do this workout. However, once I got started, I realized I was starting to get antsy to run, so I started incorporating some sprint intervals. In the end, I really didn’t follow the workout at all, but I DID get in 50 minutes of some killer cardio!

Once I finished stretching, I actually had the urge to keep the energy goin’ with some pilates, so I popped in my On The Ball Pilates DVD. But about 2 minutes into the workout, Jay surprised me and came home for lunch, so I held off and enjoyed a light lunch with him.

A bright and colorful veggie platter with hommus. My veggies are quite obviously on their last limb, but they still tasted yummy. Winking smile

I also snacked on a raspberry Chobani, which I dressed up with some un-pictured homemade granola.

Once hubby left, I went back to my DVD and finished my Pilates. It’s been a while since I’ve done that workout, so I’m sure I’ll be feelin’ it tomorrow. Especially in the abs. Smile

A little while later, I was really craving some sort of sweet treat, but I didn’t feel like baking. Thankfully, a recipe from the wonderful Angela at Oh She Glows came to mind and it was everything I hoped it would be.

I made a few alterations to her original recipe to incorporate what I had, and it turned out amazing!

These little babies are AWESOME! They took less than 5 minutes to make and taste so incredibly decadent. I made my batch into smaller balls than Angela did, so I actually ended up with 13 minis.

I immediately enjoyed two…ya know, after I finally decided to shower for the day. Winking smile

I’m sure many of you are getting ready to call it quits for the week and are ready for the weekend to start (WOOT!). Whatever you may be doing this weekend, whether celebrating the Easter holiday or not, I hope you’ll be spending some quality time with loved ones!

Question for the Afternoon:

What ARE you doing this weekend??

1 Lisa @ Healthy Diaries April 22, 2011 at 2:47 pm

I’ve made Angela’s Almond Butter Chews one time but haven’t since. Lets just say that they didn’t last very long! They are truly really good!!

I’ll be hosting Easter for 25 guests (including my husband & I) so I’ll be in my kitchen the entire weekend!

Happy Easter!
Lisa @ Healthy Diaries recently posted..I hope I’m ready!

2 Courtney April 22, 2011 at 3:54 pm

How fun!! Hope everything goes smoothly! :)

3 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) April 22, 2011 at 2:48 pm

OHMYGOODNESS those balls look DELISH!! I’ve had that recipe bookmarked for ages, but LOVE the chocolate chip addition!! I am heading to my kitchen RIGHT NOW, and there had better be chocolate chips there…! :D
Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) recently posted..Thirty Day Thursday- My Day

4 Jenny (Fit Girl Foodie) April 22, 2011 at 2:51 pm

I have the raspberry chobani at home which I have yet to try but I’m excited to dig into it. And those no bake treats look delish! I like how it’s so little ingredients :D Have a fabulous Friday :D

5 Chelsea April 22, 2011 at 3:40 pm

I love Chobani, I eat for breakfast and lunch most days. Normally Easter would be a big family get together…which I LOVE…but now that we live 2000 miles away from our family and friends we aren’t doing anything special for Easter. However, our temperature for Saturday and Sunday will reach 50 degrees!!! Which is practically tanning weather :)
Chelsea recently posted..Delicious Eats and Juicy Deets

6 Ally (oatsandspice) April 22, 2011 at 4:01 pm

These no bake chews look so delicious! I love that they are so simple – trying these this weekend :)
Ally (oatsandspice) recently posted..Breakfast Lunch Dinner

7 Meg April 22, 2011 at 4:03 pm

Oh la la these look amazing :D I am so ready to relax, have some fun and a couple drinks with friends this weekend!
Meg recently posted..The Sweetest Things in Life…GIVEAWAY!

8 Mary @ Bites and Bliss April 22, 2011 at 4:25 pm

Those kind of remind me of MoonCrunch cookies. I used to LOVE those as a kid!!

9 Courtney April 22, 2011 at 7:30 pm

Oh my gosh, YES! That’s exactly what they’re like!

10 Erin April 22, 2011 at 4:51 pm

For as much cardio as you did, that is not hardly any food. Be sure to eat more girlfriend!

11 Courtney April 22, 2011 at 7:29 pm

Oh don’t worry! I had a second mini lunch of a PB&J sandwich + an apple. I just don’t always post it all :)

12 Alyssa Kuminski April 22, 2011 at 6:07 pm

I love no bake treats!! Angela always makes the best food :) Have a good weekend!!
Alyssa Kuminski recently posted..Egg-citing Friday!

13 Melissa April 22, 2011 at 8:25 pm

Since I’m away from my family, my friends here and I are making our own family Easter! We’re going to church on Sunday morning, dyeing eggs, and making a family dinner together. I can’t wait! :)
Melissa recently posted..The First Starbucks

14 lynn @ the actor's diet April 22, 2011 at 8:33 pm

i’m not a baker, so i like the sound of those no-bake treats!

15 Karen April 22, 2011 at 8:42 pm

This weekends plans include an Easter egg hunt at the kids school and Easter dinner for 14 people at our house. It’s going to be a lot of work but I’m looking forward to it!
Karen recently posted..Array of Emotions

16 Khushboo April 23, 2011 at 1:38 am

I am so making those with the jar of Nuttzo I have in my pantry- this recipe works well with branflakes too!
It’s my best friend’s bday today so we had a big night out last night (got home @ 4.30 eeks). Celebrations continue till tomo with a champagne brunch. Have a great Saturday!
Khushboo recently posted..Breakfast of chia-mpions

17 Courtney April 23, 2011 at 6:26 am

Sounds like a BLAST! :)

18 Sarah April 23, 2011 at 10:24 pm

ohh yumm those no bake bites look AMAZING! love the simple ingredient list
Sarah recently posted..125 miler and TJ’S!