I Gotta Feeling

Guess who was up and out the door at 6:30am this morning for the gym???

You guessed it! I know, I shocked myself, too. Winking smile

On the way to the gym this morning, I snacked on a Clif Z Bar to fend off any hunger. I don’t like eating too much before an early morning workout, but I needed a little somethin’-somethin’.

For today’s BodyPump class, our instructor went back to Release 73, which was actually one of my favorites. I knew there was a reason I got up so early for it!

One of my favorite songs in that release is the chest track, which is I Gotta Feeling by Black Eyed Peas. I’m sorta partial to it since it totally makes me think back to this amazing day. Smile

After pump, I hopped on a treadmill for a quick 1-mile run, followed up with 10 minutes on the Stairmaster. That machine will be the death of me. Good lord. Any longer than 10 minutes and I probably would have fallen right off the back of it. Yowsahs!

********

On my way home, I stopped to grab an iced coffee from Flavour and also made sure to pick up an extra one to surprise hubby with.

IMG_2337IMG_2335

I came home to find two lazy bums chillin’ in the living room. Smile

Actually, while we’re talkin’ Cody, I must share my little encounter with him this morning. I walked out of the bathroom to grab my sweatshirt, and when I came back, I noticed this in front of me…

A few minutes before that, I had grabbed a new roll of toilet paper for the bathroom, and since it was the last one in the package, I left the bag on the floor.

For all of about 2 minutes.

And sure enough, he found his way in. Talk about a character! Winking smile

*********

My tummy was rumblin’ as soon as I got home, so I made a quick and easy breakfast.

Toasted whole wheat English muffin, topped with pumpkin, TJ’s almond butter with flax (LOVE this stuff, but good god it’s hard to stir!), banana slices, and chia seeds.

Plus the rest of the ‘naner on the side with a little more almond butter.

Delish!

I was actually supposed to have my first softball practice today, but since it’s raining cats and dogs out there, we had to cancel. So who knows where the day will bring me now!

Question for the Day:

What songs (if any) do you associate with special events in your life?

Comments

1. Shayla says

Ha I have that same problem with TJ’s almond flax butter. It’s worth all the work though because it is sooooo good!! :) And doesn’t it feel good to get an early workout in so you have the rest of Saturday to do fun stuff!! I’m the same..I’m up at 7:30am today ready to go to my spin class!! :)

2. Shayla says

Oh and I associate “Forever” by Chris Brown from our wedding day :) that song was so popular that summer right before our wedding day.

I love how cats like to play in bags. I once found my cat in a bad that was hanging on a door knob! I don’t think I could ever pull myself out of bed on Saturday to go to the gym that early! I use to me an early bird, but not anymore!
    Chelsea recently posted..Delicious Eats and Juicy Deets

I love that song too! Whenever I hear the song “Lose Control” by Missy Elliot I go back to a road trip with my sister. We went CUH-RAZY dancing in the car and got lots of weird looks. So fun. :)

Have a great rest of the weekend. Sounds like it has started off great!
    Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..Decisions Decisions

Woah! Good going girl! I’m totally impressed by your early morning workout! You go girl! Cody is mega cute :-) your breakkie looks yum! I never thought to sprinkle chia seeds on the top of banana on toast :-) HAve a wonderful Easter! Xx

Working out in the morning always makes me feel so strong and productive. And it’s awesome not having to think about it later!

I love Cody, and wouldn’t mind having some Cody antics to read about everyday :)

Btw, you look so cute in your glasses!

And I’d have to associate Ryan Cabrerra’s “I Will Remember You” with my high school graduation. Still makes me tear up today :(
    Liv @ The Salty n’ Sweet recently posted..What’s Really on Your Plate

Every time I hear that song before I go out at night I have a good night. Knock on wood that streak continues!

Other songs? Scrub will always make me think of a specific bar in Oneonta and the summer of 99 and anything by Journey makes me think of a fraternity I hung out with in college, Thong Song reminds me of working at 5-7-9 in college, and Chemical Brothers will always bring back laser tag. There’s a lot more, but that’s enough for now :)
    Cute-Ella recently posted..Sharing is Caring – Bizarre Peanut Butter Sandwich

8. Lauren H. says

yeay for productive saturday mornings! i’ve only tried TJ’s almond butter with sea salt-does the kind with flax taste a lot different?? And for some reason mike posner’s “Cooler than me” reminds me of being out in california with my boyfriend lol it seemed to be on the radio like every other song when we were out there haha

• Courtney says

I’ve actually never tried the almond butter with sea salt so I can’t really help ya out there. Sorry, girl!

YOU ARE AMAZING for getting to the gym that early on a Saturday!! Cliff bars are the best! Your cat makes me laugh so hard. There is a song by Death Cab that I always listened to during break-ups ha! Hope you are having a perfect saturday gorgeous girl!
    janae @hungryrunnergirl.com recently posted..My life is random

I was at Trader Joe’s yesterday and picked up everything that you had for breakfast. I think I’m gonna have to copy you one day this week. ;)

The song that almost automatically makes me nostalgic is a polish song – Kolysanka dla Nieznajomej by Perfect. Its probably my fav song and just reminds me of being young and carefree. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWk_c6z7LSo

I love your kitty. I really want to get one but my boyfriend hates cats. I don’t know how someone could hate a little face like that.
    Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..Eggs and Pancakes

Don’t Stop Believin’ reminds me of college 100% … at my freshman orientation, it was a song they played and had people get up on stage and dance too – and it became the popular song to request at closing time throughout my four years there.. i drift back to the college days every time i hear it!

Whenever I hear Drake- “Find your love” I think back to when I completed my second 1/2 marathon because it was playing on my IPod when I ran into the stadium to the finish line and beat my previous time! :)
    Lauren recently posted..Surprise Easter Basket!

I have got to try out this BodyPump thing! They don’t have any classes at my gym at college, but when I go home for the summer, I’m gonna search until I track ‘em down! Sounds like so much fun. :-)
    Anita recently posted..Big News!