I Gotta Feeling

by Courtney on April 23, 2011

Guess who was up and out the door at 6:30am this morning for the gym???

You guessed it! I know, I shocked myself, too. Winking smile

On the way to the gym this morning, I snacked on a Clif Z Bar to fend off any hunger. I don’t like eating too much before an early morning workout, but I needed a little somethin’-somethin’.

For today’s BodyPump class, our instructor went back to Release 73, which was actually one of my favorites. I knew there was a reason I got up so early for it!

One of my favorite songs in that release is the chest track, which is I Gotta Feeling by Black Eyed Peas. I’m sorta partial to it since it totally makes me think back to this amazing day. Smile

After pump, I hopped on a treadmill for a quick 1-mile run, followed up with 10 minutes on the Stairmaster. That machine will be the death of me. Good lord. Any longer than 10 minutes and I probably would have fallen right off the back of it. Yowsahs!

********

On my way home, I stopped to grab an iced coffee from Flavour and also made sure to pick up an extra one to surprise hubby with.

IMG_2337IMG_2335

I came home to find two lazy bums chillin’ in the living room. Smile

Actually, while we’re talkin’ Cody, I must share my little encounter with him this morning. I walked out of the bathroom to grab my sweatshirt, and when I came back, I noticed this in front of me…

A few minutes before that, I had grabbed a new roll of toilet paper for the bathroom, and since it was the last one in the package, I left the bag on the floor.

For all of about 2 minutes.

And sure enough, he found his way in. Talk about a character! Winking smile

*********

My tummy was rumblin’ as soon as I got home, so I made a quick and easy breakfast.

Toasted whole wheat English muffin, topped with pumpkin, TJ’s almond butter with flax (LOVE this stuff, but good god it’s hard to stir!), banana slices, and chia seeds.

Plus the rest of the ‘naner on the side with a little more almond butter.

Delish!

I was actually supposed to have my first softball practice today, but since it’s raining cats and dogs out there, we had to cancel. So who knows where the day will bring me now!

Question for the Day:

What songs (if any) do you associate with special events in your life?

1 Shayla April 23, 2011 at 10:35 am

Ha I have that same problem with TJ’s almond flax butter. It’s worth all the work though because it is sooooo good!! :) And doesn’t it feel good to get an early workout in so you have the rest of Saturday to do fun stuff!! I’m the same..I’m up at 7:30am today ready to go to my spin class!! :)

2 Shayla April 23, 2011 at 10:36 am

Oh and I associate “Forever” by Chris Brown from our wedding day :) that song was so popular that summer right before our wedding day.

3 Liz @ Tip Top Shape April 23, 2011 at 10:42 am

Aaww, your cat is adorable!!! That is too funny!

The entire Juno soundtrack reminds me of my senior year of high school. My friends and I were obsessed with that movie and the soundtrack.
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Shortbread Cookies with Fudge Icing

4 Chelsea April 23, 2011 at 10:44 am

I love how cats like to play in bags. I once found my cat in a bad that was hanging on a door knob! I don’t think I could ever pull myself out of bed on Saturday to go to the gym that early! I use to me an early bird, but not anymore!
Chelsea recently posted..Delicious Eats and Juicy Deets

5 Kimberley April 23, 2011 at 11:00 am

I love early morning workouts, after they are over of course ;)

Iced coffee is the perfect way to start a Saturday, Happy Easter !
Kimberley recently posted..Beauty Round-Up

6 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun April 23, 2011 at 11:00 am

I love that song too! Whenever I hear the song “Lose Control” by Missy Elliot I go back to a road trip with my sister. We went CUH-RAZY dancing in the car and got lots of weird looks. So fun. :)

Have a great rest of the weekend. Sounds like it has started off great!
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..Decisions Decisions

7 Carrie (Moves 'N Munchies) April 23, 2011 at 11:01 am

wow!! im very impressed- i def have to eat something before a morning workout too– or my workout SUCKS BIG TIME

8 Lauren April 23, 2011 at 11:10 am

Breakfast- Best meal of the day!
Lauren recently posted..The Coastal Carolina Air Show A Restaurant Review – La Costa

9 Emma April 23, 2011 at 11:26 am

Woah! Good going girl! I’m totally impressed by your early morning workout! You go girl! Cody is mega cute :-) your breakkie looks yum! I never thought to sprinkle chia seeds on the top of banana on toast :-) HAve a wonderful Easter! Xx

10 Khushboo April 23, 2011 at 11:33 am

I always feel so smug working out so early on a weekend. Unfortunately my gym only opens at 9 on Sundays so will have a “lie-in” and be there when doors open. Breakfast post-workout always tastes better!
Khushboo recently posted..Breakfast of chia-mpions

11 Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy Living Girl" April 23, 2011 at 11:42 am

Funny – I also associate “I Gotta Feeling” with a special event: My first BDAY in NYC. We kept playin it on the bar jukebox over and over. So whenever it comes onto my ipod, I relive that night:-). Cody is so cute. He is almost turning me into a cat person…almost
Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy Living Girl” recently posted..Living in a Texan Paradise

12 fsugirl! April 23, 2011 at 11:57 am

Great job, Courtney! You look so pretty! :D Enjoy your dayyyyy!

13 Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet April 23, 2011 at 12:19 pm

Working out in the morning always makes me feel so strong and productive. And it’s awesome not having to think about it later!

I love Cody, and wouldn’t mind having some Cody antics to read about everyday :)

Btw, you look so cute in your glasses!

And I’d have to associate Ryan Cabrerra’s “I Will Remember You” with my high school graduation. Still makes me tear up today :(
Liv @ The Salty n’ Sweet recently posted..What’s Really on Your Plate

14 Courtney April 23, 2011 at 1:06 pm

Thanks! :)

15 Shannon April 23, 2011 at 12:25 pm

I love hearing the songs from when my boyfriend and I first started dating

16 Kate Horning April 23, 2011 at 12:53 pm

your kitty is too cute! mine used to do that all the time any open box./bag she claimed it!
Kate Horning recently posted..Easter Recipe Inspiration

17 Cute-Ella April 23, 2011 at 1:11 pm

Every time I hear that song before I go out at night I have a good night. Knock on wood that streak continues!

Other songs? Scrub will always make me think of a specific bar in Oneonta and the summer of 99 and anything by Journey makes me think of a fraternity I hung out with in college, Thong Song reminds me of working at 5-7-9 in college, and Chemical Brothers will always bring back laser tag. There’s a lot more, but that’s enough for now :)
Cute-Ella recently posted..Sharing is Caring – Bizarre Peanut Butter Sandwich

18 Lauren H. April 23, 2011 at 2:04 pm

yeay for productive saturday mornings! i’ve only tried TJ’s almond butter with sea salt-does the kind with flax taste a lot different?? And for some reason mike posner’s “Cooler than me” reminds me of being out in california with my boyfriend lol it seemed to be on the radio like every other song when we were out there haha

19 Courtney April 23, 2011 at 3:10 pm

I’ve actually never tried the almond butter with sea salt so I can’t really help ya out there. Sorry, girl!

20 janae @hungryrunnergirl.com April 23, 2011 at 2:14 pm

YOU ARE AMAZING for getting to the gym that early on a Saturday!! Cliff bars are the best! Your cat makes me laugh so hard. There is a song by Death Cab that I always listened to during break-ups ha! Hope you are having a perfect saturday gorgeous girl!
janae @hungryrunnergirl.com recently posted..My life is random

21 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life April 23, 2011 at 3:14 pm

I was at Trader Joe’s yesterday and picked up everything that you had for breakfast. I think I’m gonna have to copy you one day this week. ;)

The song that almost automatically makes me nostalgic is a polish song – Kolysanka dla Nieznajomej by Perfect. Its probably my fav song and just reminds me of being young and carefree. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWk_c6z7LSo

I love your kitty. I really want to get one but my boyfriend hates cats. I don’t know how someone could hate a little face like that.
Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..Eggs and Pancakes

22 Cait @ Beyond Bananas April 23, 2011 at 3:23 pm

Don’t Stop Believin’ reminds me of college 100% … at my freshman orientation, it was a song they played and had people get up on stage and dance too – and it became the popular song to request at closing time throughout my four years there.. i drift back to the college days every time i hear it!

23 Jenny (Fit Girl Foodie) April 23, 2011 at 6:29 pm

Munchkin is hilarious! I just opened a jar of Costco PB and that took some muscle strength to stir. Regardless it still ended up getting everywhere. What a fail lol

24 Lauren April 23, 2011 at 7:43 pm

Whenever I hear Drake- “Find your love” I think back to when I completed my second 1/2 marathon because it was playing on my IPod when I ran into the stadium to the finish line and beat my previous time! :)
Lauren recently posted..Surprise Easter Basket!

25 Courtney April 23, 2011 at 8:10 pm

What an awesome memory! :)

26 Anita April 23, 2011 at 7:48 pm

I have got to try out this BodyPump thing! They don’t have any classes at my gym at college, but when I go home for the summer, I’m gonna search until I track ‘em down! Sounds like so much fun. :-)
Anita recently posted..Big News!

27 Arianna @ laughter + linguini April 23, 2011 at 9:07 pm

You are my inspiration! I’m not a morning person, but I know that if I got into the habit of working out early I’d be much healthier and happier :)
Arianna @ laughter + linguini recently posted..Cinnamon