Not Quite a Green Thumb

by Courtney on April 25, 2011

Aren’t my new Easter daisies puuurty? Jay and I got them yesterday from my in-laws as an Easter gift.

Hopefully I can keep them alive…I’m not exactly known for having a green thumb…Thumbs down

Just catching up from the weekend??

It was a good weekend, indeed!

**********

After my enormous carb intake from all of the breakfast foods yesterday, I was more than ready to get movin’ this morning. I wound up doing the 5-4-3-2-1 Treadmill Routine with a couple extra minutes added on. I completed just shy of 6 miles which is absolutely crazy to me.

BUT, I figured I should at least attempt it, seeing as though I have a 10K to run this Saturday! Surprised smile

Breakfast was consumed almost immediately, which you may have already caught a glimpse of from above…

A slice of whole wheat toast with TJ’s almond butter w/ flax, banana slices, cinnamon, & chia seeds. Of course, the rest of the ‘naner was also enjoyed with some more AB.

On the side, I also had one of these strawberry shortcake flavored cottage cheese cups by Breakstone’s. I actually got these from my parents yesterday, since they apparently didn’t really care for them but didn’t want them to go to waste.

Hey, who am I to turn down free food? Winking smile

Time to go get crackin’ on my day…

• grocery shopping
  • allergy shots
  • laundry
  • get my car checked out (I think it’s leaking something important…ooof)
  • figure out tonight’s dinner

Hope your week is off to a great start!

Question for the Day:

Do you consider yourself to have a “green thumb?”

Do you have any sort of garden? (Any tips for starting/maintaining one would be GREAT…I’m thinking about it!) Smile

1 Chelsea April 25, 2011 at 10:36 am

I grew up gardening and had my own garden so I had quite the green thumb, however it feel off……I no longer have a green thumb. Great job on your 6 miles!
Chelsea recently posted..Another day on the trainer

2 Lauren April 25, 2011 at 10:59 am

I definitely do not have a green thumb…things tend to die under my care…oops. But I still love planting things and having plants! When I get a yard of my own I definitely want to plant flowers, herbs, and maybe even fruits and vegetables!
Lauren recently posted..Easter Brunch

3 Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy" Girl April 25, 2011 at 10:59 am

That Breakstones cottage cheese looks very interesting. Haven’t seen it in stores. I’ll have to look around! I most definitely do not have a green thumb. Luckily there is a beautiful garden on the rooftop of my apartment for me to enjoy :-)
Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy” Girl recently posted..Recap- Indian Wedding Extravaganza Part 1

4 Khushboo April 25, 2011 at 11:00 am

No green thumb but I sure am green with envy about that cottage cheese- haha lame yes but it sounds delicious!
Khushboo recently posted..Rock-bottom motivation

5 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat April 25, 2011 at 11:02 am

So nice of you to take in the abandoned cottage cheese ;)

I don’t have any kind of garden, but I would love to grow fresh veggies and herbs if I had the time (and sunny land).
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Starting Off Healthy

6 Caitlin @ Southern Curls & Pearls April 25, 2011 at 11:05 am

Those are such pretty flowers! I definitely don’t have a green thumb.. I like to admire flowers but I’m so bad at taking care of them!

My mom on the other hand.. is a plant connoisseur. She’s practically turned her house into a jungle :) Haha
Caitlin @ Southern Curls & Pearls recently posted..Hello world!

7 Miranda @ working mom works out April 25, 2011 at 11:25 am

We worked on our garden yesterday! I usually kill stuff. So I’m counting on the husband’s experience to take over. Pleading is more like it. :)

8 Erin @ The Grass Skirt April 25, 2011 at 11:26 am

I wish that I had a green thumb, but I definitely do not. Plants come to my house to die.
Erin @ The Grass Skirt recently posted..How Convenient

9 Kimberley April 25, 2011 at 11:30 am

I am envious of people who have a green thumb, I love flowers and plants but we just do not get along. My mom has the same feelings too, but we are going to try and experiment in the garden this year, haha I am not sure how this is going to go… we may end up burying ourselves alive ;)

Did you enjoy the cottage cheese cup?
Kimberley recently posted..Beauty Round-Up

10 Courtney April 25, 2011 at 11:52 am

Yes! It was pretty good :)

11 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries April 25, 2011 at 11:33 am

I wish I had a green thumb, but I missed that gene. My mom on the other hand has SUCH a green thumb. We have a plant in our living room that was a birthday present for my mom on her 21st birthday! She’s 55. Can you believe that?! I can hardly keep a plant alive for a week, let alone over 30 years :)
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..Easter Recap

12 Courtney April 25, 2011 at 11:51 am

That’s crazy! Does she give lessons?? ;)

13 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries April 25, 2011 at 12:27 pm

Ha! I wish! All I know is that she waters them and takes off their dead leaves (is that pruning?) every Sunday morning. I swear she talks to them, but she says that’s ridiculous ;)
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..Easter Recap

14 Paige @ Running Around Normal April 25, 2011 at 11:46 am

I long for a green thumb. I even try to convince myself that I DO have a green thumb…but then I go out and try to garden and not only am I horrible at it, but I’m bored out of my mind :-P
Paige @ Running Around Normal recently posted..Eat- Drink- and Hunt for Eggs

15 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine April 25, 2011 at 11:49 am

I have a brown thumb. Plants scare me. Seriously, I hope that when I buy a house one day my husband knows how to do that, because it’s one domestic task I’m a major failure at…
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..The Only Thing Better Than Chocolate

16 Ari@ThE DiVa DiSh April 25, 2011 at 11:59 am

First time reader here :) I don’t have a green thumb at all. I tried to grow tomatoes, like one of the easiest things to grow, and I killed the plant. haha it was horrible!
Ari@ThE DiVa DiSh recently posted..Viva’ Las Vegas!

17 Courtney April 25, 2011 at 12:04 pm

Hi Ari! Thanks for reading! :)

18 Laurel April 25, 2011 at 12:21 pm

We are out in our garden all summer – everyone loves it! Sounds like you have a busy day!
Laurel recently posted..Coco Penny Winner

19 Melissa April 25, 2011 at 12:55 pm

Dear God, I have the blackest thumb ever! I even killed a bamboo plant! You know, that plant that supposedly needs no upkeep or maintenance? Um, yeah. Dead dead dead. :(

20 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life April 25, 2011 at 1:06 pm

Try a cactus, you can not water them for months and they’ll still live!
Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..More Easter Goodies!

21 Courtney April 25, 2011 at 1:49 pm

Hahaha, I should get one of those, too!

22 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life April 25, 2011 at 1:05 pm

I have a bit of a green thumb, but I kind of lack a short term memory so I always forget to water my plants. When I do they to look pretty darn good though!
Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..More Easter Goodies!

23 Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet April 25, 2011 at 2:40 pm

Gorgeous flowers! I definitely don’t have a green thumb … yet. I’d love to try, though! I really want to plant a vegetable and herb garden, but the lack of yard space is a hindrance :(
Liv @ The Salty n’ Sweet recently posted..Attempting Organic