Raccoon Eyes

Remember this past winter when we remodeled our kitchen? Yeah, that was a blast.

Well, for the past few months, Jay and I have been given the daily reminder of our remodel every time we walked out into our garage.

And outside to our back yard…

But thanks to some major help from my Dad and brother, we are now free and clear of ALL of our junk. It’s a miracle!

I know it still looks like there’s quite a bunch of stuff in there, and that’s because there is. That’s all of the stuff I had to take out of my classroom and I still need to figure out what to do with it…

*********

The day here has been absolutely beautiful! Sunny skies, temps in the 70’s…oh yes. It sounded like an al fresco kinda lunch day to me.

I made a big ‘ol salad with romaine, spinach, cukes, carrots, grape tomatoes, celery, red onion, chickpeas, dried cranberries, Chavrie, and a drizzle of light balsamic vinaigrette. It was, in one word, awesome.

On the side, I also snacked on some of these Wheat Thins Fiber Selects. I have no idea how many I consumed except for the fact that it was a lot. Note to self: Remember to portion out your crackers, Courtney! Eye rolling smile

Now I have a question for all you ladies out there…

For the past year or two, I have been loving my Prescriptives Site Unseen concealer. I was lucky enough to be blessed with lovely dark under-eye circles, and this little guy has done an amazing job at keeping them under wraps.

However, Prescriptives went out of business a few months back, and my stockpile of concealers is about to run out. Ohhh the horror.

So, this means that I’ve got to find myself a killer under-eye concealer fast, before I turn back into raccoon-eyed Courtney. It’s scary, trust me.

Question for the Afternoon:

What’s under-eye concealers would you recommend?

Comments

1. Renee says

I actually have Touche Eclat (you can find it at Nordstrom) and I’m not a fan. While it does a little brightening, it doesn’t cover. I have DARK circles, and it’s just not enough. I use it on top of my other concealer, which is from Philosophy (and isn’t super impressive).

Chickpea salads (with craisins, of course) are so good! And yours is so colorful :)

I stopped using makeup a couple months ago, but I do remember revlon making a good concealer for a reasonable price. I don’t remember the name, but it comes in a black square container, with a circular window for the concealer color.

Does that make any sense LOL?
    Liv @ The Salty n’ Sweet recently posted..From My Window

3. fsugirl! says

I wish I could help you! Just remember: in the Czech Republic it’s a sign of royalty! We could be princesses! 😉

4. Rachel says

I like Amazing Concealor (at Ulta or Sephora) and MAC’s Moisturecover Concealor. Amazing covers everything and is good except when my skin is too dry.

5. Gabby says

Check Ebay before you look for another brand. You may be able to find it on there. Clinique had gotten rid of a lip color that I loved and I went on Ebay and found a person selling it and bought 4 tubes of it! Worth a try

6. Chelsea M says

I just recently found your blog and I love reading all about you fantastic meals and desserts. Thanks for all the great ideas.

I swear by Bobbi Brown corrector. You can use it alone or with a concealer on top. If you’re willing to spend a little more (~$20-25) it’s what I swear by. I’m a nurse who works overnight and my dark circles are so much better now!

8. Samantha says

Wow that salad looks AMAZING! Yum yum!

I use Almay smart shade concealer – it really does blend very well into your natural skin color!

9. JULIE says

I love the Skinflash Radiance Booster Pen by Dior. You can get it at Sephora or any department store that sells Dior makeup.

10. Stefanie says

Neutrogena undereye multitasking concealer! it’s a little pricey for a drugstore brand, but it has spf 15, is moisturizing, & stays put!

Lancome Effarceness was my absolute favorite – nothing covered my big ol’ honkin hereditary circles better! I did switch to LUSH’s TM as a concealer because I wanted something with fewer chemicals, and I do like it, but it doesn’t quite hold a candle to Lancome!
    Faith @ lovelyascharged recently posted..I Survived!

12. Amy Glockner says

Hey Courtney!!

What shade are you in the prescriptives? I want to order some on the website too if they have some left.

I’m a die hard Clinique fan so I use their under eye concealer which works well, but I have also used Bobbi Brown concealer and it was great!

Your salad looks wonderful! I love those wheat thins, they are soooo addicting!

14. Erin says

I love the concealer from The Body Shop! It comes in a crayon form that you can sharpen and I think it has really good coverage without being too thick or fake looking!

Are you aware that you look gorgeous all the time? Seriously. Perhaps you could use a little of your new-found free time to share a post about your beauty routines? I’m dying to know how you do it–and steal your tips!
    Emily @ Relishments recently posted..Easter Eats

16. Amanda says

I use Cover FX, which is a cream foundation, as concealer. It works beautifully! I too have dark circles, but I also have a lot of redness on my cheeks. I originally bought this for my wedding, and I’ve been using it everyday since. I apply with a synthetic brush. It’s a bit pricey, but SO worth it. I bought mine in October and I haven’t scratched through to the bottom yet!

Brush:

Good luck!

17. amy says

I’m a makeup artist and I’ve tried everything I have very dark undereye circles. Touche Eclat was a total waste of money, Estee Double wear goes into any creases u may have as did erase paste by benefit. The absolute best I’ve found is mac’s new Prolongwear. I have so many people hooked on it now and the mac store will give u a sample to try first. I use it myself daily but I also use it for photoshoots.
    Keep us posted what u decide on though. I’d love to know if I missed out on a better one! Good luck!

Trackbacks