Raccoon Eyes

by Courtney on April 26, 2011

Remember this past winter when we remodeled our kitchen? Yeah, that was a blast.

Well, for the past few months, Jay and I have been given the daily reminder of our remodel every time we walked out into our garage.

And outside to our back yard…

But thanks to some major help from my Dad and brother, we are now free and clear of ALL of our junk. It’s a miracle!

I know it still looks like there’s quite a bunch of stuff in there, and that’s because there is. That’s all of the stuff I had to take out of my classroom and I still need to figure out what to do with it…

*********

The day here has been absolutely beautiful! Sunny skies, temps in the 70’s…oh yes. It sounded like an al fresco kinda lunch day to me.

I made a big ‘ol salad with romaine, spinach, cukes, carrots, grape tomatoes, celery, red onion, chickpeas, dried cranberries, Chavrie, and a drizzle of light balsamic vinaigrette. It was, in one word, awesome.

On the side, I also snacked on some of these Wheat Thins Fiber Selects. I have no idea how many I consumed except for the fact that it was a lot. Note to self: Remember to portion out your crackers, Courtney! Eye rolling smile

Now I have a question for all you ladies out there…

For the past year or two, I have been loving my Prescriptives Site Unseen concealer. I was lucky enough to be blessed with lovely dark under-eye circles, and this little guy has done an amazing job at keeping them under wraps.

However, Prescriptives went out of business a few months back, and my stockpile of concealers is about to run out. Ohhh the horror.

So, this means that I’ve got to find myself a killer under-eye concealer fast, before I turn back into raccoon-eyed Courtney. It’s scary, trust me.

Question for the Afternoon:

What’s under-eye concealers would you recommend?

1 ellalinea April 26, 2011 at 2:24 pm

i would recommend “touche eclat” by Yves Saint Laurent.. It’s quite exprensive but almost every makeup artist uses this to make dark circles disappear.. :)

ellalinea recently posted..Spring equals flowers

2 ellalinea April 26, 2011 at 2:26 pm

Oh I just saw that America isn’t listed on the site!

Maybe you can purchase it through amazon :)

ellalinea recently posted..Spring equals flowers

3 Shayla April 26, 2011 at 2:44 pm

Wow where have I been – I didn’t know Prescriptives went out of business??!! I use concealer by MAC, it’s the Select Cover-Up and here’s the link to it if you wanna check it out! http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/shaded/157/278/Select-Cover-Up/index.tmpl

4 Renee April 26, 2011 at 2:44 pm

I actually have Touche Eclat (you can find it at Nordstrom) and I’m not a fan. While it does a little brightening, it doesn’t cover. I have DARK circles, and it’s just not enough. I use it on top of my other concealer, which is from Philosophy (and isn’t super impressive).

5 Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet April 26, 2011 at 2:45 pm

Chickpea salads (with craisins, of course) are so good! And yours is so colorful :)

I stopped using makeup a couple months ago, but I do remember revlon making a good concealer for a reasonable price. I don’t remember the name, but it comes in a black square container, with a circular window for the concealer color.

Does that make any sense LOL?
Liv @ The Salty n’ Sweet recently posted..From My Window

6 Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers April 26, 2011 at 2:50 pm

i absolutely LOVE dermablend cover creme. it’s amazing!
Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers recently posted..Europe- Your Guide

7 Kelly April 26, 2011 at 2:50 pm

I don’t wear makeup ever….ever. I am too lazy to put it on and Keith doesn’t care so it’s a win win!!
Kelly recently posted..love and kisses

8 fsugirl! April 26, 2011 at 2:51 pm

I wish I could help you! Just remember: in the Czech Republic it’s a sign of royalty! We could be princesses! ;)

9 Courtney April 26, 2011 at 3:54 pm

Ooooooooo! ;)

10 Ashley April 26, 2011 at 2:51 pm
11 Courtney April 26, 2011 at 3:57 pm

NO WAY! I swear the last time I checked they didn’t have it online…Yippeeeee!!! :-D

12 Miranda @ working mom works out April 26, 2011 at 2:54 pm

I have dark circles, too. Try the Double Wear by Estee Lauder. They reformulated it and it’s better. If your eyes are really dry, try Chanel. It;s like $40 though.

I used to sell makeup :)

13 Kimberley April 26, 2011 at 3:03 pm

One, that salad looks delicious… salads remind me of summer so much, I am not sure why probably because of the fresh produce :) AND i tend to eat more salad’s in the summer!
Kimberley recently posted..Beauty Round-Up

14 Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy Living Girl" April 26, 2011 at 3:05 pm

I so relate to eating more crackers than I can count. I may or may not being doing that right now ;-) I don’t use under-eye concealer but I’ve always had good luck with Clinique!
Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy Living Girl” recently posted..Runner’s Block in Gotham City and Sick Days

15 Shawna April 26, 2011 at 3:20 pm

i love Philosophy’s eye Hope — all their products are amazing.
Shawna recently posted..so much time- so little to do…strike that reverse it

16 Rachel April 26, 2011 at 3:25 pm

I like Amazing Concealor (at Ulta or Sephora) and MAC’s Moisturecover Concealor. Amazing covers everything and is good except when my skin is too dry.

17 Gabby April 26, 2011 at 3:37 pm

Check Ebay before you look for another brand. You may be able to find it on there. Clinique had gotten rid of a lip color that I loved and I went on Ebay and found a person selling it and bought 4 tubes of it! Worth a try

18 Chelsea M April 26, 2011 at 3:47 pm

I just recently found your blog and I love reading all about you fantastic meals and desserts. Thanks for all the great ideas.

I swear by Bobbi Brown corrector. You can use it alone or with a concealer on top. If you’re willing to spend a little more (~$20-25) it’s what I swear by. I’m a nurse who works overnight and my dark circles are so much better now!

19 Courtney April 26, 2011 at 3:53 pm

No prob! ;) Thanks Chelsea!

20 Blog is the New Black April 26, 2011 at 4:01 pm
21 Jenny (Fit Girl Foodie) April 26, 2011 at 4:06 pm

I use my bare minerals foundation for everything and it definitely covers the raccoon eyes even if you think powder won’t cover. It works wonders :D

22 Samantha April 26, 2011 at 4:08 pm

Wow that salad looks AMAZING! Yum yum!

I use Almay smart shade concealer – it really does blend very well into your natural skin color!

23 JULIE April 26, 2011 at 4:09 pm

I love the Skinflash Radiance Booster Pen by Dior. You can get it at Sephora or any department store that sells Dior makeup.

24 Stefanie April 26, 2011 at 4:32 pm

Neutrogena undereye multitasking concealer! it’s a little pricey for a drugstore brand, but it has spf 15, is moisturizing, & stays put!

25 Faith @ lovelyascharged April 26, 2011 at 4:47 pm

Lancome Effarceness was my absolute favorite – nothing covered my big ol’ honkin hereditary circles better! I did switch to LUSH’s TM as a concealer because I wanted something with fewer chemicals, and I do like it, but it doesn’t quite hold a candle to Lancome!
Faith @ lovelyascharged recently posted..I Survived!

26 Amy Glockner April 26, 2011 at 5:15 pm

Hey Courtney!!

What shade are you in the prescriptives? I want to order some on the website too if they have some left.

27 Jillian April 26, 2011 at 5:24 pm

Try Mac’s tube concealer with the sponge brush. It’s amazing.

28 Cara April 26, 2011 at 6:48 pm

I’m a die hard Clinique fan so I use their under eye concealer which works well, but I have also used Bobbi Brown concealer and it was great!

Your salad looks wonderful! I love those wheat thins, they are soooo addicting!

29 Liz @ Tip Top Shape April 26, 2011 at 7:10 pm

That salad looks fantastic!!! Not too much help on the undereye concealer thing. I have yet to buy that in my makeup history. Although with all these papers and finals, I have no doubt I will soon. lol
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Black Bean and Sweet Potato Stew

30 Lauren April 26, 2011 at 7:47 pm

I love Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Concealer – and it’s cheap too!
Lauren recently posted..Happy Easter Herb Roasted Garbanzo Beans with Gorgonzola

31 Alyssa Kuminski April 26, 2011 at 8:12 pm

Prescriptives had my favorite bronzer and I can not find anything that compares :/
Alyssa Kuminski recently posted..Easter Weekend

32 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine April 26, 2011 at 8:20 pm

I’m obsessed with YSL Touche Eclat. It’s really expensive at $40 a tube, but it comes in the same kind of packaging as the Prescriptives and it’s a MIRACLE. I got it because so many magazines raved about it, and it’s my one must-have makeup item!!
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..The Only Thing Better Than Chocolate

33 Erin April 26, 2011 at 9:58 pm

I love the concealer from The Body Shop! It comes in a crayon form that you can sharpen and I think it has really good coverage without being too thick or fake looking!

34 Emily @ Relishments April 27, 2011 at 5:37 am

Are you aware that you look gorgeous all the time? Seriously. Perhaps you could use a little of your new-found free time to share a post about your beauty routines? I’m dying to know how you do it–and steal your tips!
Emily @ Relishments recently posted..Easter Eats

35 Courtney April 27, 2011 at 7:48 am

Aww thank you! :)
Hmmmm…I’ll have to see what I can come up with!

36 Diana April 27, 2011 at 12:10 pm

Erase Paste by Benefit is the best! I have TERRIBLE under eye circles, ever since I was born, this stuff really covers them up.

37 Amanda April 27, 2011 at 1:46 pm

I use Cover FX, which is a cream foundation, as concealer. It works beautifully! I too have dark circles, but I also have a lot of redness on my cheeks. I originally bought this for my wedding, and I’ve been using it everyday since. I apply with a synthetic brush. It’s a bit pricey, but SO worth it. I bought mine in October and I haven’t scratched through to the bottom yet!

Brush:

Good luck!

38 amy April 27, 2011 at 5:01 pm

I’m a makeup artist and I’ve tried everything I have very dark undereye circles. Touche Eclat was a total waste of money, Estee Double wear goes into any creases u may have as did erase paste by benefit. The absolute best I’ve found is mac’s new Prolongwear. I have so many people hooked on it now and the mac store will give u a sample to try first. I use it myself daily but I also use it for photoshoots.
Keep us posted what u decide on though. I’d love to know if I missed out on a better one! Good luck!