A Long Time In The Making

Three months, two days, one hour, fifty-seven minutes…

Not that I’m counting or anything.

It’s been a long time in the making. A long time.

But as of this morning, I am thrilled to announce…

OIAJ are BACK!

Wahooo!! C’mon, let’s all do the happy dance, shall we??

source

Ever since finding out that I have a slight food allergy to oats, I have not once touched a bowl of oats. Not overnight, or in a jar, or even off the stovetop. Thankfully, I was lucky enough to find a fantastic replacement and was able to keep my sanity. But it still just wasn’t the same…

The more I thought about it, it’s not like I haven’t been eating oats at all. I eat them in granola, I bake with them in quick breads, and I devour them in oatmeal raisin chocolate chunk cookies. I could never banish them forever! And to be honest, I really didn’t notice much of a difference in how I’ve been feeling anyways.

So when the oats and I were reunited this morning for breakfast, it was pure bliss. And on top of all that, this was the first time I’ve had my OIAJ with chia seeds added to the mix. Talk about a #winning combo.

It’s pretty likely I’ll be on Cloud 9 all day now.

AND doing that happy dance. Winking smile

Question for the Morning:

Have you ever eliminated a food/food group/etc and ended up bringing it back?

Comments

Bahaha that happy dance definitely perked up my day :)

I tried to go gluten-free at one point, since I thought it was making me bloated, but I love regular breads too much, so it didn’t last too long. It’s worth it anyway!
    Liv @ The Salty n’ Sweet recently posted..What Schedule

I gave up *gasp* peanut butter for a loooong time! I kept getting weird rashes on my body and at the time I was eating tons of peanut butter so I assumed that is what it was. Then, one day I decided to eat peanut butter because I couldn’t take it anymore and I was fine! So ever since then I’ve been eating it and I’ve been OK.

I cannot believe I gave up PB for so long :) Glad to hear you are able to eat oats now! Dropping a fav. food is tough
    Rachel @ The Perseverance Diaries recently posted..The Darkest Hour is Just Before Dawn

I eliminated dairy for a few weeks (to test if it was what was giving me digestive issues) but have since brought it back just in the form of baked goods and cheese…lots and lots of cheese. It was the longest two weeks of my life.

Mmm they look awesome! I haven’t had OIAJ for awhile… I kind of wore them out a few months ago and haven’t been able to stomach them since ;-) I tried to cut out dairy because it bothers my stomach in large amounts, but I haven’t been able to stay away from it. Now I just try to enjoy it in moderation.

hehe. love the dancing cat. It made me smile :-) Isn’t it funny how the little things make a girl’s day so much better – like dancing cat’s and oats! I would really miss oats if I cut them out. That is for sure! About 4 years ago, when I ran in my first marathon, my stomach was a little wack so I tried cutting out all fiber. It was a baaaad idea and I quickly went back to it. I just can’t survive on only carbs (even though I’d love to – give me bagels and muffins for every meal and I’m one happy person).
    Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy” Girl recently posted..Chicken Soup for a Sometimes Healthy Soul

When I was first diagnosed with IBS, I had to cut out all dairy. It didn’t help AT ALL so I just went back to eating it occasionally. My stomach is so funny. I could eat the same exact thing every single day; one day, it would be fine, the next, a total mess. Boo. :(

I had some overnight oats today too :D Glad you savored every bite, idk what I’d do without my beloved oats! I have pretty awful IBS and I thought it was dairy for some time so I temporarily cut out all dairy and although being without milk was ok it was the yogurt and lack of cottage cheese that really sucked. Glad to know I’m not lactose intolerant lol

8. amy says

I gave up dairy due to lactose intolerance but have added greek yogurt back in and I’m fine with that but I have given up gluten and feel alot better. No more bloating, gassiness or constipation.

Trackbacks