Oops…I Already Forgot

by Courtney on April 27, 2011

Talk about a great afternoon! It was absolutely gorgeous outside, I got to meet a friend for lunch, I ate a delicious salad, AND made a trip to the Fresh Market. Woop!

So first, I had the pleasure of meeting up with the lovely Cynthia today for my mid-day meal. Cynthia and I have gotten together a few times for various blogger get-togethers, so it was nice to be able to chat one-on-one today.

IMG_2593IMG_2594

Cynthia was in town for work, so we decided to meet up at Panera for some lunch. Normally, my go-to order includes one of their soups, but today was definitely not a soup day.

So I ended up making a game-time decision and went with the Thai Chopped Chicken Salad.

This salad was better than I could have ever imagined. I will definitely be ordering this one again! Luckily, I got my dressing on the side, because even the teeny drizzle that I added had quite a kick to it.

Man, my taste buds are so wimpy.

On the side I got my beloved baguette. I <3 carbs…all day, every day.

I also ended up getting some of the most delicious iced tea to drink. Yeah, wish I could tell ya what it was…but I already forgot. Woops.

I do think it was cranberry something or other…maybe.

Wait, umm…oh crap. I don’t remember. It was good though. Winking smile

After lunch, we hit up the Fresh Market (since Cynthia had never been!) and I stocked up on a few goodies.

Kona coffee, fresh ground peanut butter, croutons (random impulse buy…they were only $1.87) and some Bahama Breeze trail mix blend. I’ve already had a few pieces…it’s as awesome as it sounds.

Tonight’s dinner was leftovers, so I didn’t bother breaking out the camera again. I had about half of my leftover Stuffed Spaghetti Squash,

and a small portion of today’s Creamy Fruit & Tortellini Salad. I’m so glad that Jay is loving this salad, so I’m positive that none of it is going to go to waste.

Dessert tonight? Most likely will be from me licking the frosting off the sides of the bowl for the cupcakes I’m working on for tomorrow. I’ll give you all a little sneak peek at the batter…

IMG_2596IMG_2610

Let’s just say I’m wicked excited for the final product on these!!

*********

Today is Wednesday, so ya know what that means…Modern Family & Cougar Town. Wahooo!

On a quick side note, just want to give a birthday shout-out to my girl, Julie. Happy 26th Birthday, Julie! Open-mouthed smile

Question for the Evening:

Spicy food…love it or hate it?

1 Jenny (Fit Girl Foodie) April 27, 2011 at 7:56 pm

What a nice blogger meet up, that thai chicken salad looks delicious! And yes I’m a carboholic too :o Can’t wait to see your final cupcakes, and hooray for Modern Family tonight!! :D

2 Caitlin (Quest for Fitness) April 27, 2011 at 8:06 pm

This is what I order every time! LOVE it!! Modern family = win

3 Melissa April 27, 2011 at 8:09 pm

Ooh, I love me some spicy! So much so that I have never even thought of that salad as spicy! Guess I have iron tastebuds???

Looking forward to the Wednesday night comedies, too! Enjoy!
Melissa recently posted..Dollar Store with Dr Oz

4 Brenda @Year 25 April 27, 2011 at 8:18 pm

I love spicy food! Wasabi, jalapenos, red pepper- I love it all! Although I can’t do the hottest salsa at Chipotle.
Brenda @Year 25 recently posted..The Ones That Got Away

5 CaSaundra April 27, 2011 at 8:19 pm

Sounds like an amazing time–so fun to meet up with bloggers!! :-) Do you think you’ll be going to the Healthy Living Summit this year?

6 Courtney April 27, 2011 at 9:43 pm

I’m hoping to! Especially if it’s where I’m hearing the rumors for :)

7 fsugirl! April 27, 2011 at 8:20 pm

Hate spicy, I’m a wimp! Fresh Market and Panera? Girl, you’re livin’ the life! ;) Enjoy your night! :D

8 Erin April 27, 2011 at 8:52 pm

Hey! Just wanted to tell you that I really enjoy your blog! I live in Albany as well and its nice to see someone enjoying many of the spots I love going to (Fresh Market!). Anyways, the Panera Iced Tea you had is also my favorite! In fact I crave it all the time :) Its Apple Cranberry Hibiscus. I keep trying to find hibiscus tea everywhere since I had it at Panera and have only found it at Target (a Tazo tea).

9 Courtney April 27, 2011 at 9:42 pm

YESSSS!!! OMG, thank you so much! It was driving me crazy! :)

10 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine April 27, 2011 at 9:09 pm

Loooove spicy food. I just ate some spicy dark chocolate this evening, actually!!
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..The Only Thing Better Than Chocolate

11 Alexa @ SimpleEats April 27, 2011 at 9:20 pm

I love spicy food, I definitely can’t get enough and nothing is hot enough for me. I love that salad!
Alexa @ SimpleEats recently posted..Guilt

12 Alyssa Kuminski April 27, 2011 at 9:53 pm

I cant wait to see your cupcake creation!!!
Love the fresh market but they are crazily over priced!
Alyssa Kuminski recently posted..Motivated

13 Cynthia (It All Changes) April 27, 2011 at 9:53 pm

As I sat waiting for my allergy shots I wanted to go back for that bahama breeze mix you bought. But the Red Wine Vinegar chips were fantastic!
Cynthia (It All Changes) recently posted..Easter Breakfast Bake- Recipe

14 Courtney April 27, 2011 at 10:18 pm

Oh good! I’m glad you liked them. I guess you’ll just have to stop back in there the next time you’re out this way… ;)

15 Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet April 27, 2011 at 10:23 pm

Woah, are you making Neopolitan cupcakes??? Just a wild guess ;)

Panera is awesome, and they have the best mediterranian veggie sandwich on TOMATO BASIL bread. A must order! And I love how huge their salads are!
Liv @ The Salty n’ Sweet recently posted..The Last Meal

16 Courtney April 27, 2011 at 10:27 pm

YES! That sandwich is one of my favorites. DANG, I can’t believe I forgot about it today! Next time… ;)
And yes, in fact, they are Neopolitan ;)

17 Caitlin @ Southern Curls & Pearls April 27, 2011 at 10:38 pm

I always order the Fuji Apple Chicken Salad from Panera and it’s amaazing! You should try it next time. It’s not spicy at all! haha. Can’t wait to see how the cupcakes turn out :)
Caitlin @ Southern Curls & Pearls recently posted..Got to have these!

18 Courtney April 28, 2011 at 9:32 am

YES! I’ve had that one before…very tasty! :)

19 Mandee April 28, 2011 at 1:02 am

Your pictures are causing a serious problem… it’s 1:00 am and I am now dying for Panera! So glad they aren’t open 24 hours! That salad looks really good, and Panera baguette is one thing I let myself cheat on in there bc it’s just that gooooood. I totally agree with you there!!
Mandee recently posted..What says BIRTHDAY more than pink velvet cupcakes and confetti sprinkles! Nada!

20 Kristi April 28, 2011 at 1:42 am

The Thai Chicken salad is my favorite salad ever! And the nutritional stats are as good as the salad. :)
Kristi recently posted..Give Me a Cookie

21 Khushboo April 28, 2011 at 3:21 am

I can handle spicy foods in small doses…otherwise I’m guzzling water like it’s my job!
Khushboo recently posted..Rock-bottom motivation

22 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy April 28, 2011 at 5:58 am

I love Panera! I tried that salad awhile ago, but wasn’t too thrilled with it (I think it might have been the dressing?). My usual is a half cup of broccoli cheddar soup and half a Greek salad…I get disappointed when I try something new and don’t like it!
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..I’m having an affair

23 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries April 28, 2011 at 6:48 am

I normally love spicy foods! Except one of the first times I met Cory’s parents, we went to a Thai restaurant (I’d never been to one) and I apparently ate a “decorative pepper” that was SO hot! I was trying to play it cool, but I was literally SWEATING and my face was bright red. Oh my God. It was so embarrassing then, but it’s kind of funny now. Kind of. ;)
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..To Assume

24 Courtney April 28, 2011 at 9:31 am

Haha, OH NO! :-O

25 brandi@BranAppetit April 28, 2011 at 8:48 am

what a fun day! looks like great weather, too :)

26 Karen April 28, 2011 at 8:59 am

That salad looks so good and I’ll have to try it next time I go to Panera. I never really got into spicy food but now I am loving spicy food.

27 Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy" Girl April 28, 2011 at 9:21 am

I can’t wait to see the cupcakes! It’s like window shopping for me :-) Not sure I’ll ever get mine to look as pretty but it sure is fun to look at yours hehe. That spaghetti squash looks so good. I’m like the biggest spag squash fan ever. I absolutely love pasta but can’t stop after 2 bowls so spaghetti squash is my go-to. One of these days I’m makin’ your recipe.
Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy” Girl recently posted..Grill It! With Sometimes Healthy Girl

28 Chelsa April 28, 2011 at 9:23 am

the salad looks great
Chelsa recently posted..Dog Walk and Beating The Bloat

29 Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers April 28, 2011 at 10:12 am

thank you so much for the birthday shout out, courtney!! :)
Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers recently posted..Words with Friends