Oops…I Already Forgot

Talk about a great afternoon! It was absolutely gorgeous outside, I got to meet a friend for lunch, I ate a delicious salad, AND made a trip to the Fresh Market. Woop!

So first, I had the pleasure of meeting up with the lovely Cynthia today for my mid-day meal. Cynthia and I have gotten together a few times for various blogger get-togethers, so it was nice to be able to chat one-on-one today.

IMG_2593IMG_2594

Cynthia was in town for work, so we decided to meet up at Panera for some lunch. Normally, my go-to order includes one of their soups, but today was definitely not a soup day.

So I ended up making a game-time decision and went with the Thai Chopped Chicken Salad.

This salad was better than I could have ever imagined. I will definitely be ordering this one again! Luckily, I got my dressing on the side, because even the teeny drizzle that I added had quite a kick to it.

Man, my taste buds are so wimpy.

On the side I got my beloved baguette. I <3 carbs…all day, every day.

I also ended up getting some of the most delicious iced tea to drink. Yeah, wish I could tell ya what it was…but I already forgot. Woops.

I do think it was cranberry something or other…maybe.

Wait, umm…oh crap. I don’t remember. It was good though. Winking smile

After lunch, we hit up the Fresh Market (since Cynthia had never been!) and I stocked up on a few goodies.

Kona coffee, fresh ground peanut butter, croutons (random impulse buy…they were only $1.87) and some Bahama Breeze trail mix blend. I’ve already had a few pieces…it’s as awesome as it sounds.

Tonight’s dinner was leftovers, so I didn’t bother breaking out the camera again. I had about half of my leftover Stuffed Spaghetti Squash,

and a small portion of today’s Creamy Fruit & Tortellini Salad. I’m so glad that Jay is loving this salad, so I’m positive that none of it is going to go to waste.

Dessert tonight? Most likely will be from me licking the frosting off the sides of the bowl for the cupcakes I’m working on for tomorrow. I’ll give you all a little sneak peek at the batter…

IMG_2596IMG_2610

Let’s just say I’m wicked excited for the final product on these!!

*********

Today is Wednesday, so ya know what that means…Modern Family & Cougar Town. Wahooo!

On a quick side note, just want to give a birthday shout-out to my girl, Julie. Happy 26th Birthday, Julie! Open-mouthed smile

Question for the Evening:

Spicy food…love it or hate it?

Comments

1. fsugirl! says

Hate spicy, I’m a wimp! Fresh Market and Panera? Girl, you’re livin’ the life! 😉 Enjoy your night! 😀

2. Erin says

Hey! Just wanted to tell you that I really enjoy your blog! I live in Albany as well and its nice to see someone enjoying many of the spots I love going to (Fresh Market!). Anyways, the Panera Iced Tea you had is also my favorite! In fact I crave it all the time :) Its Apple Cranberry Hibiscus. I keep trying to find hibiscus tea everywhere since I had it at Panera and have only found it at Target (a Tazo tea).

• Courtney says

Oh good! I’m glad you liked them. I guess you’ll just have to stop back in there the next time you’re out this way… 😉

• Courtney says

YES! That sandwich is one of my favorites. DANG, I can’t believe I forgot about it today! Next time… 😉
      And yes, in fact, they are Neopolitan 😉

I normally love spicy foods! Except one of the first times I met Cory’s parents, we went to a Thai restaurant (I’d never been to one) and I apparently ate a “decorative pepper” that was SO hot! I was trying to play it cool, but I was literally SWEATING and my face was bright red. Oh my God. It was so embarrassing then, but it’s kind of funny now. Kind of. 😉
    Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..To Assume

4. Karen says

That salad looks so good and I’ll have to try it next time I go to Panera. I never really got into spicy food but now I am loving spicy food.

I can’t wait to see the cupcakes! It’s like window shopping for me :-) Not sure I’ll ever get mine to look as pretty but it sure is fun to look at yours hehe. That spaghetti squash looks so good. I’m like the biggest spag squash fan ever. I absolutely love pasta but can’t stop after 2 bowls so spaghetti squash is my go-to. One of these days I’m makin’ your recipe.
    Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy” Girl recently posted..Grill It! With Sometimes Healthy Girl

Trackbacks