As Long As I Finish

So…tomorrow I have a 10K race to run.

I have never attempted 6.4 miles in my life.

I just figured out where the race actually IS.

And up until today, I hadn’t gone for a run outside since November.

Talk about being prepared, right? Or waiting ‘til the last minute… Sheesh!

I wasn’t sure whether or not I should run today, but seeing as though I hadn’t trekked it outside in, oh, 5 months, I figured it’d be worth my while. Shortly before heading out I snacked on a Clif Z Bar.

I figured a quick 3 miles would be good for today, hoping that it would at least get me feeling a little better about tomorrow. But damn that was one hard run!

All I’ll say is…

• It’s a good thing I’m running for fun, not for time.
  • Thank god I’m running with some awesome friends to keep me company!

As long as I finish the race, I’ll be a happy camper! Open-mouthed smile

Shortly after running and stretching for about 10 minutes, I showered it up and made some lunch.

A pretty darn fantastic salad comprised of romaine, spinach, cukes, grape tomatoes, carrots, celery, red onion, dried cranberries, fat-free cottage cheese, a drizzle of balsamic vinaigrette, and some Fresh Market croutons. Yummers.

After lunch I had a few errands to do, but before getting started, I stopped for an iced coffee from Flavour. Because running errands with iced coffee is an absolute necessity. Especially when your “frequent buyer” card is filled up and it’s FREE. Smile

If you happened to be a little observant today, then you probably noticed that this is not my usual car. No, my friends, I am currently toolin’ around in my dad’s beloved corvette! My dad is out of town for the weekend, and while I was over at their house yesterday, he goes “So, you wanna drive the corvette for a couple days?”

Ummm, oh gosh, let me think about….YES!

I’m not gonna lie…it’s a little intimidating when this thing powers up. And I’m certainly not used to a speedometer that reaches 200. Woah.

But I also can’t lie and say I don’t feel pretty bad-ass drivin’ around in this baby. Hopefully tomorrow, Jay and I will be able to cruise around with the top down. Hot smile

So anyways…once I got the coffee, I got to work on my errands.

Nutella Chocolate Chip cookies were shipped out for the lovely Julie, who won them in Heather’s bake sale.

And I also picked up my race packet for tomorrow. Oh boy!

Sure enough it didn’t take long…

…for the Codester to come and scope out the new goods.

Maybe I’ll just attach my race bib around Cody and bring him to the race tomorrow? Winking smile

Jay’s working a little late tonight, and I was hungry early, so I made myself a quick and easy dinner.

Some fresh cantaloupe, which is super sweet and juicy. I love it.

Along with a grilled turkey, provolone, and tomato sandwich with mustard.

It hit the spot, but I’m sure since I ate so early that I’ll be in need of something a little later…

We currently have Edy’s Slow Churned vanilla ice cream in my freezer.

‘Nuff said. Winking smile

I’ll be up bright and early for tomorrow’s race, so tonight’s going to be pretty low key. Ohh boy…wish me luck!

I’ll be sure to give ya’ll the recap tomorrow!

Question for the Evening:

If you’re a runner…do you prefer to run indoors or outdoors?

AAAAND, any tips for tomorrow would be super duper awesome.

1. Amanda says

Have fun tomorrow! Definitely try to tune out the others around you and set your own pace. It’s easy to be influenced by faster runners around you and start out too fast bc you are excited!!

2. Kate Gifford says

Good luck tomorrow! I have just recently started running and my goal is a 5K. I’m sure you will do great!!

3. Shannon says

I’ll be there tomorrow! I haven’t done a 10k race since last October… Yikes!

Good luck, and remember- it’s only 6.2, and you’ll feel great when you finish!

Good luck tomorrow! I am a runner (new blogger, just started…) and I love races! I saw a comment above that said start easy, build, and then finish with a kick. ABSOLUTELY do that!! Always finish with a kick, you’ll feel so great that you gave it your all.

I totally prefer running outside to inside. I had to use the treadmill for the first time since February last night, it was not fun!
    Samantha recently posted..A Lesson Learned

Good luck! I’m actually running my first 5k tomorrow, so I know how you feel right now!!! I will have you in my thoughts tomorrow :) You’ll do GREAT.

6. Whitney :) says

10k is 6.2, not 6.4!! lol I love racing and my advice would be to not start out too fast because it’s very easy to get caught up in the excitement! Have fun! :)

Good luck tomorrow! I’m sure that the adrenaline of race day will pull you through :)

If not, I’m sure you could put Cody in the bib and dangle some plastic bottle-tops in front of him. He’ll be sure to run all day!

I prefer to run outdoors when the weather is nice. Otherwise, it’s miserable…
    Liv @ The Salty n’ Sweet recently posted..Sandwichy Day

Good luck on your 10K race tomorrow! I’ve only run 5K’s so far, but I’m anxious to try a 10K in the future. I’ll be anxious to hear about your post race thoughts.

Good luck! I’m sure you will kick ass and like you said, finishing is all the matters…walk breaks are ok too! Although I prefer running when weather permits (not too hot/cold), I do also enjoy the treadmill- those intervals make the time fly by!
    Khushboo recently posted..Rock-bottom motivation

I just found your blog and love it! I especially love seeing your pictures of Cody- he looks so similar to my cat, Gilligan :) Good luck in your race. I’m sure you’ll do wonderfully!
    Pamela Rich recently posted..Face First

how exciting!!! and scary but i know you’ll have a great story to tell us later today when it’s all over. i like to run and though i usually run on the treadmill for convenience (and the fact that it’s been cold and i HATE to run in the cold!), i really do prefer to run outside. it seems the time goes by quicker and is easier on my feet?? can’t wait to hear your story!!!