Royal Wedding Cupcakes

by Courtney on April 29, 2011

Happy Friday Royal Wedding Day!

Soooooo? Did you watch?? Were you up at 4am this morning??

source

I, in fact, was not up at the crack of dawn this morning, but I have been enjoying all of the coverage this morning. I think I’m becoming more and more obsessed with Princess Catherine. Isn’t she just gorgeous??

Nonetheless, would it be improper to say that I actually liked Pippa’s dress better?

I think that dress is absolutely stunning!

I made sure to grab my breakfast quickly this morning and plop down in front of my TV to start watching.

Plain Chobani, strawberries, banana slices, raspberry Polaner All-Fruit, Kashi Go Lean Crisp, strawberry puffs, and chia seeds.

Light, refreshing, and delicious. Fit for a Princess Wannabe. Winking smile

Creeper sighting!!!

Even though I didn’t get to see the actual ceremony this morning, I WAS able to catch a glimpse of the big balcony kiss!

source

I’m such a sucker for weddings I’ll tell ya! And I must say, as big of a deal as this wedding has been made out to be, it’s actually quite refreshing to actually have something positive and happy on the news. It seems that as of late, everything is just so negative, you know? So I’m going to enjoy the positivity and all the love in the air while it lasts.

Congratulations to the Royal Love Birds!!

*******

And since we’re celebrating and all…remember those cupcakes I made yesterday?

Well this is what they actually looked like as the finished product. Royal Wedding Cupcakes!

Now before you go thinking I’m crazy obsessed…

My mom and her co-workers are having a “Royal Wedding Luncheon” today, so she asked if I could make some form of fun cupcakes for her to bring. I thought these would be pretty fun, don’t ya think?

Hehehe. Smile

Question for the Morning:

Did you watch the Royal Wedding?

What do you think of the dresses?

1 fsugirl! April 29, 2011 at 9:26 am

YES!! I loved it!! :D Kate + Will foreverrrrr ;)

2 Amanda April 29, 2011 at 9:26 am

I love the cupcakes!! I was on the treadmill at 5:30am watching the coverage. You can imagine what kind of hot mess I was while running/chatting/sobbing with another fan-runner. Pippa’s dress blew me away. I was crossing my fingers that the wedding would give me some inspiration for what I wanted in a dress, and it did just that. I am officially on the hunt.

Have a great weekend!
Amanda recently posted..Wake Up Amanda

3 Liz @ Tip Top Shape April 29, 2011 at 9:27 am

ha, love those cupcakes!! I didnt’ get up for it either, but I’ve been loving looking through all the pictures!! I definitely liked Pippa’s dress, but I LOVE Kate’s!
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Black Bean and Sweet Potato Stew

4 Melissa April 29, 2011 at 9:29 am

Well, I guess I fail at following the Royal Wedding . . . I did not see any of it. And I don’t know who Pippa is, but I do love her dress! Beautiful!
Melissa recently posted..Dollar Store with Dr Oz

5 Courtney April 29, 2011 at 9:33 am

Hahaha, it’s her sister :)

6 CaSaundra April 29, 2011 at 9:33 am

Cute cupcakes–I haven’t been keeping up on the whole royal wedding thing just because I’ve been swamped with school, but I’ll try to tune in a bit today and see!

7 Danica April 29, 2011 at 9:33 am

I agree about there being positive news-it’s definitely refreshing to hear about something HAPPY going on in our world!

8 Holly April 29, 2011 at 9:40 am

Oh my gosh, Pippa’s dress was gorgeous! I did LOVE Katherine’s (don’t want to say Kate, I know it’s ‘improper now- lol! ;) ) because I thought she did a VERY nice job of pulling of a VERY classy dress, but with a modern twist. So pretty!
I was not up at 4am, but I do have everything recorded on my DVR..including all of the after ceremony info-mainly because I love E! news & Giuliana Ransic ;)
The cupcakes are super cute!! You are so creative Court :D
Holly recently posted..Welcome to the Ravens- JIMMY SMITH!

9 Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy" Girl April 29, 2011 at 9:42 am

These cupcakes are adorable! What a great idea to put the pictures on them. Seriously, when are you opening that bakery??

I absolutely adored Kate’s dress. I thought she looked stunning. I agree with you. It’s nice to see something positive in the news. Happy Friday!
Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy” Girl recently posted..Food Prep for the Royal Wedding…Viewing Party

10 Lara @ six times the yum April 29, 2011 at 10:12 am

Those cupcakes are too cute! I love how the frosting sort of looks like roses. It gives them that extra special “royal wedding” touch. :)
Lara @ six times the yum recently posted..California Dreaming- Avocados

11 janae @hungryrunnergirl.com April 29, 2011 at 10:17 am

Those cupcakes are killing me…I NEED ONE. How much do you charge to make some and ship them to Utah:) I LOVED her dress and totally agree that I loved Pippa’s even more. I am so obsessed with every little detail of their wedding. I am going to go home and re-watch everything at least 20 times! Happy Friday gorgeous girl!
janae @hungryrunnergirl.com recently posted..Janae is becoming a Yogina

12 Shanna, like Banana April 29, 2011 at 10:25 am

I too loved Pippa’s dress the first instant I saw it. Beyond classy!

13 Christina April 29, 2011 at 10:27 am

Those cupcakes are fantastic! So creative!

I watched this morning at the gym and loved every second of it! I want to get married now haha. I thought Kate’s dress was stunning, but I did absolutely adore Pippa’s. Perfect.

14 Khushboo April 29, 2011 at 10:48 am

OMG those cupcakes are adorable! You haven’t revealed what flavor they are yet!!
Khushboo recently posted..Rock-bottom motivation

15 Courtney April 29, 2011 at 10:54 am

Yes! The flavor of these was in yesterday’s post (devil’s food raspberry). It’s the OTHER cupcakes whose flavor has yet to be revealed. But stay tuned…they’ll be up in about another hour or so… ;)

16 Khushboo April 29, 2011 at 10:56 am

Ah yes my bad! My bets are still on neopolitan!
Khushboo recently posted..Rock-bottom motivation

17 Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers April 29, 2011 at 10:55 am

pippa’s dress was my fav too! she looked so elegant!
Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers recently posted..Words with Friends

18 Kelly April 29, 2011 at 10:59 am

Cutest cupcakes ever!!! You so so so need your own bakery!!
Kelly recently posted..do you remember

19 Lauren April 29, 2011 at 11:00 am

I did not like her dress at first, but It’s really growing on me. I really like Pippa’s dress though!
Lauren recently posted..Leftover Easter Candy Cookies – Trashcan Cookies!

20 Caitlin @ Southern Curls & Pearls April 29, 2011 at 11:08 am

I agree with you, I actually liked Pippa’s dress better, too! Although Kate looked beautiful. I can’t get enough of her!

And the cupcakes are adorable.. so creative! :)
Caitlin @ Southern Curls & Pearls recently posted..Hats On to the Princess

21 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles April 29, 2011 at 11:28 am

Love the cupcakes! I actually ended up setting my alarm for 2:50am (west coast) and was able to see the first glimpse of Kate and her dress! I watched about half the ceremony, went back to sleep and woke up again for the balcony kiss. I didn’t think I was obsessed with the wedding, but something in me just didn’t want to miss it!!

22 Laurel April 29, 2011 at 11:33 am

Of course we watched and loved every minute. I think Kate is gorgeous, and a good model for my daughters!
Laurel recently posted..To Show Appreciation

23 Katy April 29, 2011 at 11:41 am

I totally agree and I think I loved Pippa’s dress more….it was so sexy and flattered her perfectly!

I think Kate’s dress was perfectly suited for the occasion though- very classy…fit for a princess! :)

and how about those TWO kisses?! ;)

24 Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet April 29, 2011 at 12:10 pm

YES I definitely watched the ceremony! They were too cute, especially the reassuring glances they gave each other.

And Harry was HOT!

I also thought that Pippa’s dress was even more impressive than Kate’s. But I think it’s because I like simpler lines, not a long train and veil and lots of draping.

Your mom is definitely going to love those cupcakes :D
Liv @ The Salty n’ Sweet recently posted..Royal Wedding Watch

25 Amy B @ Second City Randomness April 29, 2011 at 12:16 pm

I actually really loved both dresses. But seriously- I’d even get married in Pippa’s dress if I had the chance!
Amy B @ Second City Randomness recently posted..Rookie Mistakes

26 Ally (oatsandspice) April 29, 2011 at 12:29 pm

Pipa’s dress is super pretty but I actually really did like Kate’s dress too – it was so classy and traditional (SO her)!

Cute cupcakes – I love the picture decals on top :)
Ally (oatsandspice) recently posted..A New Favorite

27 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine April 29, 2011 at 12:51 pm

I watched too!! And while I liked Pippa’s dress, I definitely loved Kate’s more. It was just so timeless. Plus, is it just me or did Pippa OD a bit on the self-tanner…?
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..The Only Thing Better Than Chocolate

28 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey April 29, 2011 at 12:57 pm

I totally watched it while I was running this morning – it was such a treat!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..realist ravioli

29 Cynthia (It All Changes) April 29, 2011 at 1:13 pm

Pippa’s dress was stunning. Fit her like a glove. I love that it was her style and Kate’s dress was very much her saying “I’m not Diana.” Pippa’s dress is so practical but how can you not love a future queen’s who looks magnificent yet still understated.
Cynthia (It All Changes) recently posted..Roasted Easter Dinner–Recipe

30 Karen April 29, 2011 at 2:38 pm

I wasn’t planning on watching the Royal Wedding this morning but once I turned it on I was hooked! I thought Kate looked amazing and I loved Pippa’s dress too!! Prince Harry looked cute too : )
Karen recently posted..Countdown to Vacation

31 Erica April 29, 2011 at 2:45 pm

i loved both dresses! kate’s dress was perfectly pretty and great for a modern princess w/a nod to grace kelly’s dress :) and omg pippa’s dress! talk about the best bridesmaids dress i’ve ever seen!!!!

how cute are those royal cupcakes?!?!

you should open a cupcake shop!

32 Brigid April 29, 2011 at 4:07 pm

A friend had a party this morning and we watched it on dvr. It was so fun. We had tea and all kinds of English delights. We also wore tiaras and replicas of the engagement ring.
I loved Pippa’s dress as well. Classic elegance. I feel Catherine’s dress was simple yet beautiful as well. I know some people expected more from it but I think she looked beautiful and her veil and tiara were amazing.

33 Courtney April 29, 2011 at 6:34 pm

Your party sounds like a blast! :)

34 Kristen May 4, 2011 at 1:35 pm

I LOVEEE weddings of all kinds. So I was up at 4am haha but at least at didnt fly all the way there to watch…right? haha
I liked both dresses, but I think kates could have been prettier. And they seemed to really be happy! (from what my tv showed haha)