Cody Says…

Happy Monday everyone!

Love, Cody

AND me!

I hope everyone had just as fabulous of a weekend as I did. In case you’re just catching up…

I ran my first 10K race!

Celebrated some awesome birthdays, AND had a wonderful Date Night.

********

This morning, I was up nice and early to get my workout in, since I have a pretty busy day ahead of me. Seeing as though my hips and calves are still incredibly tight, I decided to take things easy with my favorite 45 minute treadmill walk. The time seemed to fly by, since I had the TV on in front of me and spent the duration of my walk catching up on the big news headlines today. All I can say is, wow.

Once I showered up, I came out to prep myself the breakfast I woke up craving this morning: A PB&J Buckwheat Bowl.

In the mix:

• 1/2 cup water
  • 1/4 cup vanilla almond milk
  • 1/2 mashed banana
  • 1/4 creamy buckwheat cereal
  • 2 tsp chia seeds
  • cinnamon
  • raisins

I topped it all off with some granola, PB2, and some of this jam, which was AWESOME.

Along with my PB&J Buckwheat, I sipped on a mug of Kona coffee with skim milk. I really love Kona coffee…especially from The Fresh Market.

And would ya check that out?? My daisies are still alive!

Well, I’m off to go tackle the day…let’s make it a great one!

Question for the Day:

How do you eat a peanut butter sandwich? Let’s see how much variety we can get here!

Comments

Congrats on your first 10k!! What a wonderful experience. I love your bowl of oats, I need some buckwheat cereal asap!
    I think I’ve only eaten one pb&j sammie in all my life and it was on ezekial bread, definitely nothing exciting. I need to start getting more creative 😀

Tell Cody I say hi!

I’m pretty boring with PB, and usually have it with a little bit of strawberry jam on whole wheat bread. But once and a while I’ll throw in some apple slices, bananas, strawberries or nutella in there. Even better if it’s grilled.

One of the best PB sandwiches I’ve ever had included PB Company white chocolate PB with pretzels!!
    Liv @ The Salty n’ Sweet recently posted..Coconut Pineapple Chicken

• Courtney says

Really?!?! Now that’s creative! I thought Jay’s was unique…he likes peanut butter and nacho cheese Doritos!

If I’m feeling savory, im all about the peanut butter and grated carrot combo. If sweet, peanut butter and banana toastie- warm & gooey! Peanut butter apple sandwiches are pretty sweet too ie peanut butter and Choc chips sandwiched between 2 apple discs! Man what’s pb not good with!
    Khushboo recently posted..Rock-bottom motivation

I like to keep it classic, just pb and j on whole wheat bread, cut diagonally of course! Congrats on the 10K, I think that’s one of the best distances to run, not short enough that you feel like you have to sprint the whole thing and not long enough to completely overwhelm you.

P.S. That creamy peanut butter is so drool worthy!

5. Mandee says

That pb&j bowl looks SO good. I need to get my hands on some buckwheat!

As for pb&j… I love it any and every way! Blackberry jelly is great with some TJ’s Valencia PB! I also love it in cake form… A couple years ago my mom made my bro a pb&j bday cake and it was soooo good! I’m currenty working on making it into cupcakes bc I keep day dreaming about that cake and how good it was hahhahaha!

congrats on the 10k!
    I just wanted to let you know that I just tried your Oats in a Jar… SO DELICIOUS!
    I put a packet of oatmeal, a sprinkle of oatbran (because I put too much water…), a spoonful of PB, and some Kashi GoLean cereal and a splash of vanilla soy milk! It was absolutely delicious!

I don’t eat PB&J sandwiches because I LOVE PB, honey, banana and granola sandwiches too much :)
    Courtney Melia recently posted..No worries

7. Emma says

I grew up with PB & J being peter pan pb & bama grape jelly. Now I like pb, banana & honey or mashed raspberries w/ almond butter. Yum!

8. Jessica says

Peanut butter is one of those staples in my life especially when i need some comfort food… like right about now while studying… my go to pb combo…

pb and celery
    pb and banana
    pb and apple
    pb on toast and dunked until soggy in a hot cup of tea!

Congrats on your 10 miler! You’ve inspired me to finish one by the end of the summer!

Trackbacks