Cody Says…

by Courtney on May 2, 2011

Happy Monday everyone!

Love, Cody

AND me!

I hope everyone had just as fabulous of a weekend as I did. In case you’re just catching up…

I ran my first 10K race!

Celebrated some awesome birthdays, AND had a wonderful Date Night.

********

This morning, I was up nice and early to get my workout in, since I have a pretty busy day ahead of me. Seeing as though my hips and calves are still incredibly tight, I decided to take things easy with my favorite 45 minute treadmill walk. The time seemed to fly by, since I had the TV on in front of me and spent the duration of my walk catching up on the big news headlines today. All I can say is, wow.

Once I showered up, I came out to prep myself the breakfast I woke up craving this morning: A PB&J Buckwheat Bowl.

In the mix:

• 1/2 cup water
  • 1/4 cup vanilla almond milk
  • 1/2 mashed banana
  • 1/4 creamy buckwheat cereal
  • 2 tsp chia seeds
  • cinnamon
  • raisins

I topped it all off with some granola, PB2, and some of this jam, which was AWESOME.

Along with my PB&J Buckwheat, I sipped on a mug of Kona coffee with skim milk. I really love Kona coffee…especially from The Fresh Market.

And would ya check that out?? My daisies are still alive!

Well, I’m off to go tackle the day…let’s make it a great one!

Question for the Day:

How do you eat a peanut butter sandwich? Let’s see how much variety we can get here!

1 Chad @ thebreakupnote May 2, 2011 at 9:30 am

A few things:

1. Congratulations on your race! Be proud of what you did – you just became a lot of people’s heroine.

2. I am a huge fan of buckwheat and this bowl you’ve shown here is making me drool.

3. Awesome blog! Keep it up!
Chad @ thebreakupnote recently posted..It All Tasted A Little Better- Today…

2 Caitlin @ Quest for Fitness May 2, 2011 at 9:31 am

PB & J bowls are taking over and making me very hungry every time i see one! Yours looks so freakin’ good!!

3 Jenny (Fit Girl Foodie) May 2, 2011 at 9:35 am

Congrats on your first 10k!! What a wonderful experience. I love your bowl of oats, I need some buckwheat cereal asap!
I think I’ve only eaten one pb&j sammie in all my life and it was on ezekial bread, definitely nothing exciting. I need to start getting more creative :D

4 Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet May 2, 2011 at 9:39 am

Tell Cody I say hi!

I’m pretty boring with PB, and usually have it with a little bit of strawberry jam on whole wheat bread. But once and a while I’ll throw in some apple slices, bananas, strawberries or nutella in there. Even better if it’s grilled.

One of the best PB sandwiches I’ve ever had included PB Company white chocolate PB with pretzels!!
Liv @ The Salty n’ Sweet recently posted..Coconut Pineapple Chicken

5 Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy" Girl May 2, 2011 at 9:39 am

Wow the bowl looks delicious! I love anything PB &J. You should make PB & J cupcakes. Bet they’d be amaaaze! Congrats again on the 10K – such an accomplishment :-)

I like PB sandwiches grilled with bananas and honey. Yum!
Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy” Girl recently posted..Sometimes We All Need a Lil’ Soul Food

6 Melissa May 2, 2011 at 9:42 am

You are such a little ray of sunshine! Have a great day, girl!

7 Kelly May 2, 2011 at 10:08 am

I eat peanut butter and tomato sandwiches! It sounds odd but it is so good!
Kelly recently posted..share the love

8 Courtney May 2, 2011 at 12:51 pm

Really?!?! Now that’s creative! I thought Jay’s was unique…he likes peanut butter and nacho cheese Doritos!

9 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat May 2, 2011 at 10:10 am

It looks like you told Cody to try really hard to look wide awake for a Monday morning!

10 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries May 2, 2011 at 10:14 am

PB & J with raspberry jelly is tried and true in my book :)
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..Sunshine State

11 Khushboo May 2, 2011 at 10:23 am

If I’m feeling savory, im all about the peanut butter and grated carrot combo. If sweet, peanut butter and banana toastie- warm & gooey! Peanut butter apple sandwiches are pretty sweet too ie peanut butter and Choc chips sandwiched between 2 apple discs! Man what’s pb not good with!
Khushboo recently posted..Rock-bottom motivation

12 Shanna, Like Banana May 2, 2011 at 10:46 am

Toasted, usually on an english muffin, and sandwiched together. No jelly for this girl, but every once in a while, I’ll throw on some pumpkin butter ;)

13 Lauren May 2, 2011 at 10:58 am

I like to keep it classic, just pb and j on whole wheat bread, cut diagonally of course! Congrats on the 10K, I think that’s one of the best distances to run, not short enough that you feel like you have to sprint the whole thing and not long enough to completely overwhelm you.

P.S. That creamy peanut butter is so drool worthy!

14 Lauren May 2, 2011 at 11:19 am

Just plain old peanut butter and jelly for me! Congrats on your race :)
Lauren recently posted..Everything is New

15 Faith @ lovelyascharged May 2, 2011 at 11:26 am

I cut the crust off and eat that separately (first), then I nibble all around it until I’m left with one big bite in the middle where the PB and jelly (preferrably raspberry – with seeds!) all goop together. And of course, creamy PB > Crunchy!
Faith @ lovelyascharged recently posted..Chickpea and Blueberry Barley Salad

16 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine May 2, 2011 at 11:37 am

I eat PB sandwiches on fluffy whole-wheat bread- it’s the best! I’m really weird and like to flatten each bite between my fingers though. No idea why, but I’ve always done that!
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..The Last Week

17 Mandee May 2, 2011 at 12:00 pm

That pb&j bowl looks SO good. I need to get my hands on some buckwheat!

As for pb&j… I love it any and every way! Blackberry jelly is great with some TJ’s Valencia PB! I also love it in cake form… A couple years ago my mom made my bro a pb&j bday cake and it was soooo good! I’m currenty working on making it into cupcakes bc I keep day dreaming about that cake and how good it was hahhahaha!

18 ellalinea May 2, 2011 at 12:10 pm

Damn that bowl looks amazing! Your peanut butter looks so smooth hmmmmmm :)
ellalinea recently posted..How toeat vegan whilst at work

19 Heather May 2, 2011 at 12:26 pm

we are so cute!!! (i LOVE that pre-race photo of us!)
Heather recently posted..Insomnia

20 Courtney May 2, 2011 at 12:48 pm

Meee tooo! :)

21 Sarah Lynn May 2, 2011 at 12:57 pm

Peanut butter and sliced banana on raisin bread is my favorite sandwich!!!
Sarah Lynn recently posted..A chance

22 Elena @ GagaForGrapefruit May 2, 2011 at 12:59 pm

I’ve always wanted to try buckwheat cereal! What kind do you typically use!? And GOOD JOB on that race! I’m so jealous, that’s one of my 2011 goals :)

23 Courtney May 2, 2011 at 4:38 pm

Thanks! I use Bob’s Red Mill Creamy Organic Buckwheat Cereal, which you can actually get for a great price here: http://www.iherb.com/Bob-s-Red-Mill-Organic-Creamy-Buckwheat-Whole-Grain-Hot-Cereal-18-oz-1-lb-2-oz-510-g/11701?at=0

24 Elena @ GagaForGrapefruit May 2, 2011 at 5:50 pm

thanks lovely lady!! :)
Elena @ GagaForGrapefruit recently posted..in an instant

25 Lauren (PB&G) May 2, 2011 at 1:25 pm

Cody really is such a beautiful cat! Have a great Monday and congrats on your race!
Lauren (PB&G) recently posted..Easter Recap

26 Courtney Melia May 2, 2011 at 1:52 pm

congrats on the 10k!
I just wanted to let you know that I just tried your Oats in a Jar… SO DELICIOUS!
I put a packet of oatmeal, a sprinkle of oatbran (because I put too much water…), a spoonful of PB, and some Kashi GoLean cereal and a splash of vanilla soy milk! It was absolutely delicious!

I don’t eat PB&J sandwiches because I LOVE PB, honey, banana and granola sandwiches too much :)
Courtney Melia recently posted..No worries

27 Courtney May 2, 2011 at 4:36 pm

I’m so glad you tried them! They’re a favorite of mine…and yours sounds delish!!

28 Emma May 2, 2011 at 3:04 pm

I grew up with PB & J being peter pan pb & bama grape jelly. Now I like pb, banana & honey or mashed raspberries w/ almond butter. Yum!

29 Caitlin @ Southern Curls & Pearls May 2, 2011 at 3:21 pm

I had never thought to put jelly and peanut butter in a buckwheat or oatmeal bowl! i will have to try this sometime. And I love the daisies.. isn’t it amazing how flowers can really brighten up your day? :)
Caitlin @ Southern Curls & Pearls recently posted..May Flowers

30 Courtney May 2, 2011 at 4:35 pm

31 Chelsea May 2, 2011 at 4:09 pm

I love Cody…I am in talks with my hubby now about adding a kitty cat to our family! Congrats again on the 10k!!
Chelsea recently posted..Busy Weekend!

32 Courtney May 2, 2011 at 4:35 pm

Awww, YAY for kitties!! :)

33 Casey May 2, 2011 at 4:15 pm

peanut butter and banana sandwiches are the way to goo!!! i actually just had one no joke

34 Jessica May 2, 2011 at 4:37 pm

Peanut butter is one of those staples in my life especially when i need some comfort food… like right about now while studying… my go to pb combo…

pb and celery
pb and banana
pb and apple
pb on toast and dunked until soggy in a hot cup of tea!

Congrats on your 10 miler! You’ve inspired me to finish one by the end of the summer!

35 Courtney May 2, 2011 at 4:39 pm

That’s awesome! Way to go, girl! ;)

36 Kimberley May 2, 2011 at 5:27 pm

Love the daisies they are so pretttty :)
Kimberley recently posted..April Windup!

37 Holly May 3, 2011 at 7:40 pm

The first picture of your ‘buckwheat bowl’ looks to die for! OMG- awesome picture :) I’m seriously craving it now..and I just ate dinner. YUM :D
Holly recently posted..Not So Top Ten