Eye Candy

by Courtney on May 3, 2011

My little guy has been glued to the window today.

He’s only come around to play fetch once so far…so not like him. Must be some good eye candy out there? Winking smile

Speaking of eye candy…and cheesy transitions…check out this salad.

Today’s lunch consisted of a big ‘ol salad, complete with romaine, spinach, cukes, baby carrots, red onion, some leftover roasted veggies, croutons, a scoop of 1% cottage cheese, and a drizzle of balsamic vinaigrette.

Lunch ALSO included a little somethin’-somethin’ on the side…

I told you I was gonna do some baking, didn’t I? Winking smile

Think banana muffin meets oatmeal raisin cookie…recipe to come!

I’m already considering going back for a second muffin…I mean, they are healthified and all.

Not to mention delicious.

Question for the Afternoon:

What (or who) is YOUR eye candy? Smile

If we’re talkin’ men (besides my seksi hubby of course) one of my favorite eye candies is Paul Walker (who I MAY just be going to see tonight in Fast Five). Woooop!

1 Grace May 3, 2011 at 2:10 pm

My food eye candy would consist of a big beautiful salad like yours, a big chunk of bread, or a big bowl of froyo! Man Candy is as silly as it sounds is Zac Efron.
Grace recently posted..My Summer Essentials- First Ever Giveaway!

2 Amanda May 3, 2011 at 2:18 pm

Paul Walker = complete eye candy. My current eye candy is still (yes, still) Pippa’s dress. It’s mind blowing. And I’m a bit of a nerd…but at least it’s legit. I am trying to find my own wedding dress.
Amanda recently posted..Guess whos going to Fitbloggin

3 Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet May 3, 2011 at 2:28 pm

Idk if you’ve seen Thor yet, but Chris Hemsworth is definitely eye candy…

But Cody’s a cutie too :D

I love the granola-y texture on your muffin tops!
Liv @ The Salty n’ Sweet recently posted..On Modern Love

4 Alyssa Kuminski May 3, 2011 at 2:28 pm

Brody Jenner!! I love him ;)

Can’t wait to see the recipe for those muffins!!
Alyssa Kuminski recently posted..Grilling…Avocados

5 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles May 3, 2011 at 3:30 pm

I’m gonna have to go with Adam Levine as my eye candy as of late! I watched The Voice last week and just fell in love – it’s on again tonight! :)
Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles recently posted..Current Events Enchiladas

6 Erica May 3, 2011 at 3:31 pm

man eye candy = ian somerhalder and paul wesley. hubba hubba.

my dog likes to look out the window all day and loves to chase birds…i think he’s part cat!

7 Mandee May 3, 2011 at 4:57 pm

Oooh just wanted to post that I strongly agree with this comment! Vamps have never looked so good! The entire cast is hot!

8 Erica May 3, 2011 at 6:16 pm

right?!?! that show is my ultimate guilty pleasure! if i was elena i’d offer to become a polygamist and date them both! lol.

9 Chelsea May 3, 2011 at 3:45 pm

I love using cottage cheeese an balsamic vinegar as salad dressing too! It beefs up the protien :) My eye candy is my hubby…..and maybe a little bit of Mark Harmon from NCIS or the other silver fox Anderson Cooper.
Chelsea recently posted..Busy Weekend!

10 Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy" Girl May 3, 2011 at 3:49 pm

Oh dear: Paul Walker. Not the best actor but boy is he a looker! Guess what? I once saw him at the Chilis in Chicago’s O’hare airport. This beautiful guy walked in…he looked familiar. I quickly googled Paul Walker (to confirm) and yep, it was him. Better looking in person :-) I was a bit tipsy as I hate to fly, but unfortunately the liquid courage still wasn’t enough to make me go talk to him. Mission FAIL.

I am one of the rare people that totally finds a delicious salad, like the one above, to be a bit of eye candy. What can I say? Nothing gets me going like a fresh salad.

Now onto real eye candy – Well, I’m always checking men out at the gym…but I pretend that I don’t. As for celebrity eye candy, Chace Crawford has always been top of my life. But after getting a glimpse of Robert Pattinson in real life a few weeks ago, I kind of see the appeal…
Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy” Girl recently posted..The Budget Diet Kitchen Raid- Snooki Inspired- Sometimes Healthy Approved

11 Courtney May 3, 2011 at 4:17 pm

Girl, you crack me up! ;)

12 Michelle May 3, 2011 at 4:19 pm

Hugh Jackman is my eye candy, for years. My husband’s is Halle Berry, so that works well ;)
Michelle recently posted..Who loves weddings

13 Mandee May 3, 2011 at 4:54 pm

Food eye candy… Cupcake pictures on tumblr. They’re amazing!

Man eye candy… my current celeb crush is Mike Catherwood. That man is sooooo hot! I am counting down the minutes till he cohosts with Kelly Ripa again.
Mandee recently posted..TwiCakes- Cullen Cupakes- Edward Edibles- oh yeah!

14 Elena @ GagaForGrapefruit May 3, 2011 at 5:01 pm

lunch looks fab! delish!
Elena @ GagaForGrapefruit recently posted..in an instant

15 janae @hungryrunnergirl.com May 3, 2011 at 5:03 pm

Seriously, that is my kind of salad. Dang it, you just need to move to Utah and we can eat huge salads together and you can teach me how to make your amazing cupcakes. Eye candy= Ryan Reynolds:)
janae @hungryrunnergirl.com recently posted..Salad Mountain and Nike Free!!!!!

16 Jenny (Fit Girl Foodie) May 3, 2011 at 5:04 pm

Food candy is Ryan Reynolds for sure :) Hope you like Fast 5! I heard good reviews about it.
And omg cannot wait for the muffin recipes. I’ve been on the lookout for some healthified banana muffins

17 Courtney May 3, 2011 at 6:35 pm

He’s my OTHER eye candy!!! :-P

18 Alexa @ Simple Eats May 3, 2011 at 5:45 pm

Eye candy: My boyfriend, Paul Walker and food eye candy is anything dripping with chocolate :)
Alexa @ Simple Eats recently posted..Extra Dark

19 Kristi May 3, 2011 at 6:51 pm

I want to see Fast Five… but my eye candy in the movie will be The Rock. Love, love, love him :)
Kristi recently posted..Lemon Overdose

20 Khushboo May 3, 2011 at 11:24 pm

I love McSteamy from Grey’s Anatomy- love the whole arrogant look that he’s got going! You can (or anyone else) can keep McDreamy, he doesn’t cut it for me!
Khushboo recently posted..Rock-bottom motivation

21 amy May 4, 2011 at 4:01 pm

My neice is in that movie Fast Five. Paul Walker is a cutie but my eye candy is Ian Somerhalder from Vampire Diarys. He makes me melt everytime I look into those blue eyes on Thursday nights!!! Can u be in love w someone you’ve never met? I think I am!

22 Courtney May 4, 2011 at 5:04 pm

He’s definitely a looker, too! Your niece is in that movie?!? That’s so awesome! Did she have a big part??

23 Amy May 4, 2011 at 5:17 pm

she was just an extra. Shes been in vampire Diarys too. They were both filmed in Atlanta. She wants to get into acting though

24 Courtney May 4, 2011 at 8:09 pm