You Can Bet Your Bottom Dollar

by Courtney on May 4, 2011

Talk about a winning combo…a double date night with two of our best pals, leftover Easter candy (I picked through to get all of the skittles and M&M’s, along with a few Starbursts…I decided to pass on the alcohol chocolates),

and a little more of my own eye candy.

Just look at those baby blues…hubba hubba! In love

The four of us saw Fast Five, and we all agreed that it was a really good movie. We’ve all been fans of the previous ones (duh, if Paul’s in it, I’m a fan) but this one did not disappoint. I won’t give anything away, BUT, I don’t think we’ve seen the last of Paul & Vin together….

*********

From the moment I woke up this morning, I already knew what was on the agenda for breakfast.

And I was a little lot excited.

I cooked up another regular buckwheat bowl, but you can bet your bottom dollar that it was the toppings that stole the show today:

A little granola, a drizzle of maple syrup, and half of a crumbled Oatmeal Raisin Banana Muffin. It would have been the whole muffin, but somebody got a little impatient and ended up eating it too soon.

Woops.

You know, dare I say that I think I’m actually enjoying buckwheat bowls MORE than oatmeal now??? Who would have ever thought…

Just in case you all were wondering…no, I don’t sit in front of my picture window every morning and eat my breakfast. Sometimes I think about pulling up a chair, but that’d just be weird.

Hopefully, one of these days we’ll find a kitchen table to eat at!

*********

No workout planned for today, but I might end up squeezing a little yoga in later. For now, time to go get ready to tackle a bunch of errands in all of this lovely rain we’ve got goin on outside.

Question for the Day:

Where do you eat most of your meals?

At a kitchen table? TV tray? Coffee table? Desk? Floor? Winking smile

1 Melissa May 4, 2011 at 9:11 am

Funny you posted about this. Now that I have a kitchen table, I have been trying to be a grown up and eat more meals there, instead of at the coffee table! It’s good, though, because it keeps me from being on my computer the whole time I’m eating so I can actually focus on my food and enjoy it!

2 Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet May 4, 2011 at 9:16 am

I can’t believe that Fast Five was good! I love Paul Walker, but I didn’t think a series with 5 movies could crank out another good one. I just checked the ratings on Rotten Tomatoes, and they were 76%! Definitely need to go see it myself.

I usually eat my meals on the couch, since I don’t have a real kitchen table either :(
Liv @ The Salty n’ Sweet recently posted..Buckwheat Noodles- Two Ways

3 Lauren May 4, 2011 at 9:18 am

I hate to admit it, but I usually eat infront of the TV! :-(. I was never allowed to do that when I was growing up, but my husbands family always did. He is a bad influence!

4 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles May 4, 2011 at 9:51 am

I usually eat breakfast on the couch (while catching up on blogs). My husband and I feel very strongly about eating dinner at the kitchen table every night. It’s a chance for us to catch up on each others’ day and enjoy our dinner together.

5 Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy" Girl May 4, 2011 at 9:52 am

haha I never even thought about it. I just thought it was a pretty picture :–)

Glad you got to get your fill of Paul Walker last night. I’ve never been into those Fast and Furious movies. I’m more of a She’s All That type of girl. Remember that movie? Now that’s a classic!

I eat 50 percent of my meals at a computer, 40 percent on the couch and 10 percent out. Uh oh, according to most health mags, I am not eating in the right places!
Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy” Girl recently posted..Given to Fly- Take that Runner’s Block!

6 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries May 4, 2011 at 10:12 am

Oh sweet Jesus, thank you for making Paul Walker. He is one wonderful piece of eye-candy :)
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..Sunshine State

7 CK May 4, 2011 at 10:25 am

I love me some Paul Walker!!

Hey – have you tried Old Brick Furniture for kitchen table sets? They have awesome stuff at really good prices. We’ve been to both their Albany and Schenectady stores and have found items at each!

8 Courtney May 4, 2011 at 10:44 am

We tried the Albany store, but I’m planning on checking out the Troy one this week. Hopefully they’ll have something! Thanks for the reminder :)

9 CK May 5, 2011 at 3:55 pm

Best of luck!! :) Loved the two tables in your post today. Measure your space though, because like you said you don’t want to be cramped. My hubby did the “eyeball” test when getting our table/chair set for the patio and it’s a little cramped. LOL

10 Danica May 4, 2011 at 10:46 am

I eat most of my meals at our kitchen table, but I have a horrible habit of being on my computer WHILE I eat…definitely a bad habit I need to break!

11 Khushboo May 4, 2011 at 10:48 am

Breakfast for me is on my desktop computer whilst reading blogs! Lunch is at my desk at work and dinner is on the dining table! If I’m dining solo, it’ll be in front of good telly instead :)
Khushboo recently posted..Rock-bottom motivation

12 Caitlin @ Southern Curls & Pearls May 4, 2011 at 10:53 am

It’s raining here, too :( I want some sunshine!
And I usually eat my meals at a kitchen table.. either at my sorority house or my one at home with my family!
Caitlin @ Southern Curls & Pearls recently posted..Trendy Tuesday- High Waisted Shorts

13 Angela @ MyPinkyToes May 4, 2011 at 11:43 am

My husband and I eat all our meals on tv trays in the living room. It works for now because we have a tiny duplex with a tiny kitchen with a tiny table, and my husband is ginormous!

14 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine May 4, 2011 at 12:07 pm

Haha, I’ve never thought Paul Walker was attractive, because he looks like my brother. Literally- they have the exact same eyes and a really similar face, only my brother definitely isn’t in as good shape haha.

I eat all of my meals at my kitchen table/desk…my apartment is too small for both!
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Same Old

15 Jess@atasteofconfidence May 4, 2011 at 12:12 pm

I do most of my eating at my desk, or at the dining hall:)
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..FAQ Request- Flashback Friday

16 Lauren May 4, 2011 at 12:14 pm

I try to eat at my kitchen table if I’m at home. But if I’m at work, I eat at my desk.
Lauren recently posted..Eat Your Margarita – Margarita Cupcakes!

17 Trisha May 4, 2011 at 12:22 pm

I love waking up excited to eat. It happens about…every morning! I have learned to make myself eat at the table so I can really feel like I’m eating and listen to my body. When i just eat at my desk or while i’m reading or studying, it is totally mindless!
Trisha recently posted..Snack Attack

18 Cute~Ella May 4, 2011 at 12:38 pm

I can’t wait to see that movie! Paul and Vin are two of my favorites.

BTW would it be weird to say that Jay sort of looks like Paul?

Oh and I eat most of my meals either on the futon, using the ottoman as a table or sitting on the floor if it’s messy. I don’t have a table at my place currently
Cute~Ella recently posted..Sharing is Caring – Best Dessert Ever

19 Courtney May 4, 2011 at 1:37 pm

Hahaha, that’s not weird at all!! I actually said that to him last night after I realized it too, and he’s like “ummm, no way.” :)

20 Kristen May 4, 2011 at 1:01 pm

I usually eat my meals at the table. But now that Im moving I have no idea where Ill eat! haha

21 Shayla May 4, 2011 at 1:05 pm

I should probably sit at the kitchen table, but I can’t see the tv that way, haha! So I sit on my couch and eat, gotta watch my DVR shows while eating my food….it’s the little things that make me happy :)

Btw, what’s buckwheat like? Is the texture and taste similar to that of oatmeal?

22 Courtney May 4, 2011 at 1:36 pm

Yes, very similar, but it almost seems to be a little creamier too. It’s delish :)

23 Lauren @ Hungry Dancer May 4, 2011 at 2:25 pm

I pretty much eat all my meals in front of the TV. It’s a bad habit!!
Lauren @ Hungry Dancer recently posted..My first WIAW!

24 Ally (oatsandspice) May 4, 2011 at 3:42 pm

YUM the banana muffin topped oatmeal looks so good (and filling)!
Ally (oatsandspice) recently posted..Pictures Say 1000 Words

25 Erica May 4, 2011 at 3:59 pm

good to hear that the movie is a good one! :)
i think my other half would want to watch it…cars? guns? action? he’s all over it.

we moved into our new apt. almost a year ago, and still have not bought a coffee table or dining table…i eat standing up at the kitchen counter :(

26 Elena @ GagaForGrapefruit May 4, 2011 at 4:07 pm

when I’m home alone, I eat on the couch. when the boyf is home, we eat at our kitchen bar table. and confession: when I was in 7th grade ‘paul walker’ was my password for email and aol instant messenger. ten years later and he’s still SWOON-worthy!
Elena @ GagaForGrapefruit recently posted..in an instant

27 Courtney May 4, 2011 at 5:04 pm

HAHAHA I love it!!

28 Kim May 4, 2011 at 5:54 pm

Sometimes we actually “set” the coffee table for dinner. We usually eat at the dinner table, but sometimes, you just want to be comfy on the couch. I’ll have our son put out the placemats and silverware and set it up as if it were the real thing. It’s funny but it totally works!
Kim recently posted..Baby Shower