Cody Celebrates Cinco de Mayo

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

Cody woke up ready to get his celebration on this morning. I guess I never realized that he had a little Mexican in him…

IMG_2777-1

I suppose that’s what I get for finding a stray cat in the woods. Winking smile

********

Workout

I already know that I want an extra margarita tonight, so this morning, I was up bright and early to hit up my new favorite 5:45am BodyPump class. I even got there a little early, so after setting up, I hopped on a treadmill and did 20 minutes of HIIT (20 seconds @ 9.0mph / 40 seconds @ 4.0mph).

After class, I spent 10 minutes tackling my nemesis…that Stairmaster gets me every time. I’m just glad it’s tucked nicely into a little corner so nobody can really see me huffing and puffing like the hot mess that I am when I’m on that darn thing. Yowsahs.

Breakfast was well-deserved today…

Now that I’ve finally broken out my fun new bowls, I can’t get enough of ‘em.

I whipped up another buckwheat bowl that was exactly the same as yesterday’s, but today’s tasted even better and super creamy.

And these muffins will not be getting old any time soon. They’re so tasty.

*********

***Just in case you’re still on the hunt for some yummy, festive Cinco de Mayo recipes, here’s a few ideas for ya!

Question for the Day:

Do you try to amp up your workouts if you know you’re going to be indulging in food and/or drinks more than usual?

Comments

hahaha Cody is too cute ;)

I have a love./hate relationship with the stair master! It is SUCH a good workout and I can always feel it the next day, but boy oh boy does it beat me out!
    Kimberley recently posted..April Windup!

Sometimes I amp up my workouts but not today:) It is a rest day and even though I have a tiny itch to exercise anyway my body is telling me I need the rest! I’ll just try to be conscious of how many chips with salsa and queso I consume! I plan on trying my first ever margarita tonight, too! But I may chicken out and just try some of my Mom’s…I’m lame like that!
    Grace recently posted..My Summer Essentials- First Ever Giveaway!

• Courtney says

I hear ya girl…that’s why I took a rest day yesterday.
      Enjoy that margarita…I’m a sweets gal, so I say to make sure you order yours with sugar, not salt. ;)

You don’t like the stair master?! Oh man, I love that thing :) I amp up my workouts when I know I’m going to indulge – most of the time. Sometimes my schedule doesn’t call for it, but oh well! Wadda ya gonna do? Enjoy your margaritas tonight!
    Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..Sunshine State

• Courtney says

Haha, yes…my mom ordered a set first then told me about them. She’s sort of addicted now, so she lets me know when there’s something good :)

Heck yes!! Treats are my main motivation to work out :)
    P.S. When you made that white chicken chili, did you just follow the recipe on the back of the McCormick’s seasoning packet? And did you add canned tomatoes or fresh?

• Courtney says

I follow the packet exactly, adding 1 can of diced tomatoes and about 1/2 cup frozen corn.

haha, I definitely try to amp up my workouts a bit if I know I’m going to indulge! But I also try to be conscious so I don’t overindulge — balance is key but it doesn’t always work that way.
    Those recipes sound fantastic! Enjoy your margs tonight, they’re one of my favorites :)

Courtney, you are a beast! Awesome workout! My weekend workouts always seem to be more intense, prob because I know indulgence will soon follow! Enjoy your night, that extra drink (and I’m guessing cupcake) will be well-deserved!
    Khushboo recently posted..Rock-bottom motivation

Great job! I feel better about indulging if I get a really good workout in, so I try to sweat a little more on days when I know I’m going out to eat or to an event. Or, if I overdo it the day before, I’ll step up my workout to get back on track.

Love the Cody picture! Very festive!

I push myself more the day AFTER indulging, usually. I’ve found that trying to preemptively prepare for a big meal works against my favor, because then I’m more likely to stuff myself to the point of feeling sick. Plus, big meals = lots of energy the next day!!
    Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Same Old

Yes! I just did a few weeks ago prior to a trip to Atlantic City. It makes me feel better about the fact that I will be indulging, rather than making up for it afterwards!

GIRL! i have so much respect for you getting up that early for a class! i don’t even know if i could peel myself out of bed BY 5:45, let alone any earlier than that! MAD PROPS! and those bowls are adorable! love love!
    Elena @ GagaForGrapefruit recently posted..in an instant

Sometimes I do extra exercise if I know I’m going to be indulging later on in the day. But sometimes, we go out and it’s unplanned so I try and balance it out the next day by eating healthier and moving a little bit more :) Or SOMETIMES, I just enjoy it and forget about it ;)

Trackbacks