Please Don’t Be Grossed Out

Hey Hey! How’s everyone’s Cinco de Mayo going so far? Anyone dig into a margarita yet?? (It’s ok, I won’t tell.)

This morning, I had a few things to take care of…first up, blood work.

(Notice the creeper and his favorite toy about a foot away…he must have been trying to work off those beers from this morning.)

You know, I’ve always been pretty cool with needles. They’ve never bothered me, which is probably a good thing, seeing as though I get poked with four of them every week. But there’s something about getting blood drawn that really grosses me out. Maybe it’s the placement of the needle right in the crease of my elbow, I don’t know.

Either way, it required a little pick-me-up. In the form of iced coffee. Because I’m sort of addicted. Especially when two of my favorites are on the menu: Jamaican Me Crazy & Sugar Cookie. Yumm-o.

After feeding my addiction, it was time for stop number two: kitchen table shopping. I found a couple that could work, but I’m still not totally sure.

Table #1 – Love it (and the price) but not sure if it’s too big for our space. Might be kinda cramped in.

Table #2 – Not square (bummer) but I do like how the leaves will make it more accommodating for our smaller space.

Plus, it has a pretty cool base that will be helpful with more storage.

What do you guys think? Table #1 or Table #2???

*********

Once I got home, I put together a quick lunch.

I had the other half of my leftover spaghetti squash, and if you’re doing any calculating in your head right now, yes, I made this exactly two weeks ago. That probably grosses out some of you (it sort of does me, too, after realizing it’s actually been that long) but it passed the “eyeball & sniff test” and since I hate wasting food, I ate it.

It still tasted awesome, so I’m just going to ignore that whole 2 week thing…and I’m also going to ignore the fact that I’ve OD’d on cornbread today. You know how it goes…

Cut yourself a little bite size piece…

Five minutes later, go back for seconds, then thirds, then…

Well, you get the idea.

Please tell me I’m not alone on this awful habit?

********

Now, it’s time to go finish getting things ready for tonight’s fiesta. At least I’ve got the important stuff ready to go. Winking smile

Ole!!

Comments

The only thing I’m grossed out by is the margarita mix. It’s one of the simplest drinks to make ever: tequila. limes and triple sec. Where does the mix come in?

If I’m not mistaken these are the ingredients in your mix:
    Water, corn syrup, sugar, citric acid, natural flavors, sodium citrate, sodium benzoate and potassium sorbate (to preserve flavor), cellulose gum, polysorbate 60, gum arabic, glycerol abietate and FD&C yellow no. 5.

A careful read would reveal that it contains no lime juice at all. Yikes.

2. Colleen says

Go for the square table! We used to have a round with leaves and it kept scratching up our floor when we’d have to move the table to open it up. Ha – a silly reason that can be easily handled – but it was annoying! Have fun tonight – love your blog!!

3. Jen says

HAHA, I love that you do the sight/sniff test too :) I’m all about that – even on items that have “expiration” dates — I actually get frustrated by people who throw things out as soon as it hits the “expiration” date because, HELLO, manufacturers have to be safe, so they date those way early, duh!

Both tables are cute :) What kind of placemats do you prefer? Rectangular ones really only work on square/rectangular tables, and round tables really need the round placemats. I’d probably never buy a round table because I already have a TON of rectangular placemats!!

i like table #1. i love the clean lines and the consistency with the table and chairs…table #2 doesn’t have as nice of a “flow”…don’t buy something just cause the price is good! keep looking if table #1 is too big!

You are definitely not the only one! I’ve been OD’ing in cereal today. I’ve had about 4 bowls. I’m in serious need of a salad tonight to balance out my body. But hey, its my last day of college as a freshman… go big or go home.
    Courtney Melia recently posted..Chemistry

6. briana says

your not alone I can’t make cornbread because I keep snacking on it! I once threw it away to stop myself!

love table # 1, i’m a big fan of clean lines and square shapes. the only thing i like about table # 2 is the storage but i think it might make the area look more cluttered if it was full of “stuff”. if #1 ends up being too big, i agree with erica to keep looking.

as i was reading your post i was eating yet another piece of banana bread that one of our hotel guests brought me today. in the last 2 hours i’ve eaten half the loaf and i’m really feeling like i need something not sweet at this point!!! hopefully i end the day without eating another bite of that bread!!!

as far as the tequila…we’re not on speaking terms. we had a falling out a few years back, tried to work on our relationship and just decided that we were better left apart…

happy thursday!!!
    colleen laquay urbaniuk @ thegiftofmondays.com recently posted..my mom died today

We have a table with storage underneath like #2, and it takes awhile to get used to because your legs will hit it. If I had to do it all over again, I’d go for one like #1 to have more space for legs underneath.

Haven’t dug in yet, but my margarita ingredients (tequila, triple sec & limes) are out and ready for tonight! :)
    Karis’ Kitchen recently posted..Spicy Bean Salsa Prep

I am looking for a kitchen table tooo!!! Where did you go? I like #1, but it’s hard to tell without seeing the space you want to put it.

Haha nice blender! I always do a sniff test. And a look to see if any mold has developed…I think that’s too much information??

But I’m always guilty of going back for seconds and thirds of my “snack sized” bites. Especially if it’s cake and ice cream!

Have a fun Cinco :)
    Liv @ The Salty n’ Sweet recently posted..A Mexican Evening

I love that you posted about the stuffed spaghetti squash! I was just thinking about it and was on your site earlier looking for the recipe so I could make it tomorrow.

I like table 2 but then again, it’s almost identical to the one I have in my kitchen so I’m kind of biased.
    Kate recently posted..Don’t Know Much About History…

12. Danica says

I like the color of table #1, but having a table that folds down and provides extra storage space is definitely more convenient! Is that even helpful? :/

I’m like you about needles- most of the time I’m pretty cool! Except one time, this lady came home to do a blood test and on the way back to the clinic, she got mugged, and guess who’s sample was in her bag! Was such a bummer as had to redo the test but I couldn’t even be annoyed- poor lady lost so much!
    Oh and table 1 is more conventional but I prefer table 2 because it’s more convenient space-wise! Go for numero deux!
    Khushboo recently posted..Rock-bottom motivation

I love the square table!! Also – try the Skinny Girl Margarita….SO YUMMY!!!! I’ve made tons of them and they are incredible. Where is it that you get those great ice coffees? I know I don’t live far from you and I don’t see a logo on the cup!
    Farrah recently posted..Smores Truffles

15. Courtney says

A girl after my very own heart, mmm, I’ve already had well over my fairshare of morning coffee already and I’m sitting here literally DREAMING about an iced afternoon fix ;) Is there AA for coffee addicts, and could we still afford it after setting aside funds for our daily latte? Haha.

I live up in Seattle so obviously I don’t have the same chain cafe where you go for ‘em up here, but do you know what goes in either the Jamaican or Sugar Cookie, like flavorings/syrups? Lemme know, I’m a barista myself and I want to add something to my to-try list!

• Courtney says

The place where I get my coveted Jamaican and Sugar Cookie-flavored coffee doesn’t use syrups. They have tons of different flavored beans, which is why I love them so much…no weird, artificial taste to them! I’m pretty sure the Jamaican Me Crazy is a mix of kahlua, sugar cookie, and some other flavor coffee bean. :)

Trackbacks