Fashion Friday: Keeki Nail Polish

by Courtney on May 6, 2011

Happy Fashion Friday!!

Today’s Topic: Keeki Nail Polish

source

A few weeks ago, I was introduced to this Keeki Non-Toxic Nail Polish by Ki from Blue Moon Goods.

According to the website, “Keeki nail polish is 100% biodegradable and different than traditional nail polish.  Because of it’s water-based Non-Toxic formula, it does not have a toxic smell like others.”

In addition, it is also:

• Gluten-Free
  • Toluene, Formaldehyde and Phthalate FREE
  • Vegan
  • Safe during pregnancy
  • Made in the USA

Well, you know I’m always up for trying new beauty products, so I was thrilled when Ki offered to send me a few colors to test out.

Keeki nail polish comes in 17 different colors, and I was sent the Cotton Candy, Grape Soda, and Raspberry Sorbet. I’d have to say that 90% of the time, I like to wear conservative colors, but there’s something about the beginning of spring time that makes me a little more daring. So today, I decided to test out the Grape Soda.

What do ya think? Smile

The first time I actually came across Blue Moon Goods was when I was looking for purse hangers. Blue Moon Goods is a family run business that is owned and operated by a mother-daughter duo, which carries an extensive selection of some seriously cute stuff. Ranging from purse hangers, to all-natural laundry products, these two ladies have really got a good thing goin’ here!

Thanks, Kim & Ki!

Question for the Day:

What are your favorite colors of nail polish to wear?

1 Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet May 6, 2011 at 12:18 pm

Cute! So I’m guessing that it doesn’t leave that strong nail polish smell?? Because that would be perfect.

I love dark colors like reds and purples. I don’t know if I could do pink! I wouldn’t have anything to match it with :(
Liv @ The Salty n’ Sweet recently posted..A Mexican Evening

2 Courtney May 6, 2011 at 12:33 pm

Yes! There isn’t much of a smell at all :)

3 Danica May 6, 2011 at 12:29 pm

cute!!

4 Laura @ LauraLikesDesign May 6, 2011 at 1:04 pm

A nail polish that doesn’t smell?! That is great! Thanks for sharing!
Laura @ LauraLikesDesign recently posted..My Best Friend Part 1

5 Khushboo May 6, 2011 at 1:30 pm

I loveee red but it drives me nuts when it chips so u stick to nudes and light shades of pink! This weekend is defo going to involve a manicure and pedicure!
Khushboo recently posted..Rock-bottom motivation

6 christina May 6, 2011 at 1:59 pm

Just wanted to let you know: It is VERY hard to stay focused on a blip about nail polish when those yummy pictures appear on the side :-)

Dark chocolate turtle graham bars… Someone! Save me from myself and my kitchen!
Can’t wait to try!
christina recently posted..Queen for a Day

7 Faith @ lovelyascharged May 6, 2011 at 2:09 pm

My favorite is dark dark purple, but corals are a close second. Anything in the pink/red/orange family is awesome though!
Faith @ lovelyascharged recently posted..Sometimes Vegans Eat Weird Things

8 Elena @ GagaForGrapefruit May 6, 2011 at 3:03 pm

this seems PERFECT for my five year old niece! she is obsessed with painting her nails, and less chemicals around her is obviously much better! thanks girl!
Elena @ GagaForGrapefruit recently posted..in an instant

9 Erica May 6, 2011 at 3:23 pm

i love dark purples (like lincoln park afterdark) and blacks. =)
or really bright fun colors like teals and bright pinks….
i always feel naked if i don’t have color on my nails.

10 Courtney May 6, 2011 at 4:29 pm

lincoln park after dark is one of my FAVES! :-D

11 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey May 6, 2011 at 5:18 pm

I love that the nail polish doesn’t have harsh chemicals! My favorite nail polish has to be OPI. Not only do I love the names of the colors, but it lasts!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..realist ravioli

12 Angela @ MyPinkyToes May 6, 2011 at 5:21 pm

I LOVE that color, grape soda!

13 Paige @ Running Around Normal May 6, 2011 at 5:55 pm

What a great concept! I love Essie nailpolish right now :)
Paige @ Running Around Normal recently posted..Lentils —&gtLoaf

14 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy May 6, 2011 at 6:11 pm

I usually wear pink, or no polish at all. I do like to mix it up a little in the summer though!
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..In with the new

15 Ally (oatsandspice) May 6, 2011 at 7:33 pm

I have never heard of that nail polish, but I love the fact that it is non-toxic! The colors are all adorable!
Ally (oatsandspice) recently posted..Am I Really Done

16 Farrah May 6, 2011 at 8:00 pm

I am seriously psyched that you posted this. A friend of mine out in CA had a picture of her beautiful baby girl wearing toe nail polish the other day and I was really wanting to get some for my 1 year old daughter. I was worried about putting it on her and couldn’t remember ever seeing any that was non-toxic that wasn’t total garbage. Thanks for posting!!! Now I know there are cute polishes I can use for her :)
Farrah recently posted..Smores Truffles

17 Lea @ Healthy Coconut May 6, 2011 at 10:20 pm

Love how vibrant the pink color looks on the screen. I’m debating whether to have french tips or pink nail polish for my wedding in Mexico at the end of the month. Classic or fun? I guess I’ll have to see when the time comes to get my nails done.

I love using brown tones for nail polish, usually on the darker side.
Lea @ Healthy Coconut recently posted..Stiff

18 Courtney May 6, 2011 at 11:14 pm

I love the idea of fun! :)

19 Kelly May 7, 2011 at 9:51 am

Currently my fave is “second honeymoon” by OPI. Love!
Kelly recently posted..it is important

20 fsugirl! May 7, 2011 at 9:56 am

Love the colors! :D

21 Kristi May 7, 2011 at 10:31 am

I love bright pinks or really dark colors… lol. The complete opposites of one another. I guess it depends on my mood :)
Kristi recently posted..I was Feeling a little blueberry

22 Amy May 7, 2011 at 3:15 pm

You’ll have to keep us posted as to how well it wears. My nail polish chips really bad in a day.
I also love Lincoln Park After Dark in the fall and light nude pinks in the summer.

23 Courtney May 10, 2011 at 1:22 pm

Hey Amy! An update on the nail polish…it started chipping by day 2 for me. That did include some heavy dishwashing, but I was still hoping it would hold up a little longer.

24 Amy May 10, 2011 at 3:41 pm

thanks for the update. What a bummer!