We Heard It Through The Window

by Courtney on May 7, 2011

Yesterday, I was really excited for Jay to get home because I was really in the mood to celebrate “happy hour” out on our back deck with a beer. Luckily for me, it doesn’t take much convincing for Jay to join me in this, so we quickly got settled and started chatting about our day.

Not five minutes into our conversation, we heard some of the loudest “meow’s” coming from our little man who had jumped up onto the kitchen counter, into our sink, and was peering our the window for some attention.

We tried our best to ignore his instant, lonely-sounding meows, but sure enough…we caved.

Normally Cody is an indoor cat, but we decided to let him meander around the back yard for a little while. He didn’t quite know what do do with himself at first, but he was so cute to watch. It was hilarious.

IMG_2932IMG_2935

Doesn’t he look so happy to be with his favorite mom?

Eventually, the three of us made it inside and quickly put together some Cinco de Mayo leftovers for dinner.

Since there were only 3 soft tortillas left, I let Jay take two, I enjoyed one,

and then made myself a mini taco salad which was just as, if not more, tasty.

And of course, I continued to enjoy my refreshing beverage.

It was a low-key, but good night. Smile

********

This morning, I woke up with no desire to workout whatsoever. My whole body is incredibly sore for some reason, so I’m taking a break. Instead, I showered, got ready, and put together this little sampler breakfast plate:

I got my fruits,

my eggs,

and an Oatmeal Raisin Banana Muffin.

I definitely enjoyed the variety this morning for a change.

Now, I’m headed out for a much-needed pedicure, which will also most likely include an iced coffee pit stop on the way.

Like I said…I’m addicted.

Hope your Saturday is off to a great start!

Question for the Day:

Do you currently have any foods/drinks that you’re “addicted” to?

1 Lee @ Fit Foodie Finds May 7, 2011 at 10:31 am

I love leftovers! I have been addicted to nanners and peanut butter lately. SO GOOD and the perfect snackie.
Lee @ Fit Foodie Finds recently posted..Light Post Intervals

2 Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet May 7, 2011 at 10:38 am

Aw Cody looks so timid and adventurous. My cat is definitely an outdoor one. He can spend days outside, and I have no idea where he disappears. He always knows where his home is, though :)

My food addiction is definitely frozen yogurt right now. I crave it all the time now that it’s hot!
Liv @ The Salty n’ Sweet recently posted..Beat the Heat

3 Laura @ LauraLikesDesign May 7, 2011 at 10:42 am

Iced coffee, smoothies, and sweet potatoes are on my current obsessive food rotation
Laura @ LauraLikesDesign recently posted..My Best Friend Part 1

4 Danica May 7, 2011 at 10:47 am

I’m currently “addicted” to granola in almond milk topped with fresh blueberries. mmmmm….

5 khushboo May 7, 2011 at 12:29 pm

Bananas + pb..I need to eat it at least once a day, every day! My day feels incomplete without it!

Also, as I’ve eaten at the creperie 2 nights in a row, I might be guilty of a new addiction ;)
khushboo recently posted..Rock-bottom motivation

6 Kelly May 7, 2011 at 1:12 pm

I am addicted to pink lady apples. I must have one every single day. Must.
Kelly recently posted..it is important

7 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey May 7, 2011 at 1:31 pm

I’m off to go get a pedicure too! Then after I am going shopping, but will also be stopping for an iced coffee. Great minds think alike! :)
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..realist ravioli

8 Melissa May 7, 2011 at 1:31 pm

Addicted to what I call “bubble water” from Kroger! It’s basically just flavored, no calorie, carbonated water–I love the peach!!! YUM! I also can’t stop eating gummy bears. I have to hide them from myself!
Melissa recently posted..Endorphin Excitement

9 Elena @ GagaForGrapefruit May 7, 2011 at 3:30 pm

i am currently addicted to chai tea and trader joe’s cinnamon swirl bread. AHHHH delicious!
Elena @ GagaForGrapefruit recently posted..in an instant

10 Lauren May 7, 2011 at 3:52 pm

I am addicted to Starbucks frappuccinos! There is a Starbucks in the Target that I shop at and I have to get one every time I go there.
Lauren recently posted..Changing and Saving

11 Jess (Sweet Potato) May 7, 2011 at 4:35 pm

Our cat is the exact same way! As soon as we go outside, she is staring at us through the window meowing and then when we bring her outside she acts so timid and like she has no idea what to do.
Jess (Sweet Potato) recently posted..Grilling x3 and Quinoa Salad with Dried Cranberries- Pistachios- and Feta

12 Erica May 7, 2011 at 10:55 pm

Well, I’m addicted to coffee!!!!!!!!!!
And mani/pedis I can’t stand it when my nails are bare!