I’m Really Going This Time

by Courtney on May 9, 2011

Some days, there’s not much that beats a nice cold smoothie.

Today’s blend included:

• 1 frozen banana
  • 4 sliced strawberries, fresh
  • 1/3 cup frozen mixed berries
  • 1 cup vanilla almond milk
  • 2 tsp chia seeds
  • 2 tbsp ground flaxseed meal
  • 3 ice cubes

It’s been a while since I last had a smoothie, and today’s definitely did not disappoint. It looked so good, in fact, that I had someone trying to sneak in for a sip…

Man, this little guy is sneaky. Winking smile

I also just finished up a slice of toast with almond butter and a few more nibbles at the cornbread, but they went unphotographed because I just got home from grocery shopping with a grumbling tummy. ‘Nuff said.

I’ve got my smoothie packed up to go with me, because I’m on my way back out the door to head to Fleet Feet.

I know, I know. I’ve been saying this for months, but since they now look like this,

and I’m starting my new training plan, I think it’s finally time. Wouldn’t ya say? Winking smile

*********

As a side note, I’ve had a few people compliment (thank you!) and inquire about yesterday’s shirt and necklace

• White Shirt: Express
  • Necklace and Earrings: Claire’s Boutique (this is where I get 99% of my jewelry…earring are buy 2, get 1 free…ya can’t go wrong!)

Okay, I’m really going for those sneakers now…I promise.

Question for the Afternoon:

How often do you replace your running shoes?

1 Carrie (Moves 'N Munchies) May 9, 2011 at 1:57 pm

im guessing Feet Fleet is a running shoe store!? AND YES its about time!! new shoes is great motivation too!! LOVEEEEEEE that smoothie! perfect for the spring!

2 Farrah May 9, 2011 at 2:13 pm

I replace my sneakers when they feel like they aren’t giving me enough support or when they start looking dingy, whichever comes first. I just got some new sneakers that I *love*. I got the Nike Moto8 with the Nike + running sensor that goes in your shoe and tracks your progress. It is amazing! You should check it out. This is an example of how it keeps track of your progress when you upload it after your run (please disregard my awful stats! LOL)

and here are my sneaks!

Farrah recently posted..A busy day and some incredible frosting

3 Alexa @ Simple Eats May 9, 2011 at 2:21 pm

Have fun getting new shoes. Can’t wait to see them!
Alexa @ Simple Eats recently posted..Sweet Substitute First Giveaway!

4 Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet May 9, 2011 at 2:52 pm

Haha! Claire’s was a childhood classic. I actually got my ears pierced there, even though my friends told me horror stories of girls whose ears got infected from there and FELL OFF LOL.

I only change shoes when I start to feel a little pain. Sometimes that takes 6 months, once it took 2 years! But if I sense pain for at least a week, I’m off to the running store.
Liv @ The Salty n’ Sweet recently posted..Distractions

5 Jenny (Fit Girl Foodie) May 9, 2011 at 4:52 pm

I bought some new running Nike Shox that I’ve only worn like 3x because I don’t wanna get them dirty lol :(

6 VanessaG May 9, 2011 at 6:09 pm

My shoes look worse than yours! It’s not good that I’m still running in them. I’m risking injury due to needing a new pair bad. I plan on getting a new pair as soon as I get paid next week. I’m moving and so moneys been tight=teachers salary. :) I didn’t get to comment on yesterdays post. I wanted to tell you that your mom is beautiful. :)

7 Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy" Girl May 9, 2011 at 6:31 pm

I generally go off of “feeling” but it’s usually about 3 months or so. Fleet Feet is such a great store. You should bring your shoes with you and ask what they think and if you need new shoes. They’re usually really good about helping you understand what signs to look for when you’re ready for a new pair!
Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy” Girl recently posted..Ode to a Sometimes Healthy Mother

8 Elena @ GagaForGrapefruit May 9, 2011 at 6:44 pm

can’t wait to hear what sneakers you get!
Elena @ GagaForGrapefruit recently posted..in an instant

9 Melissa May 9, 2011 at 7:14 pm

I am terrible about getting new shoes! I can’t even admit how long I go . . . :/

I do usually buy 2 pairs at a time, though. I alternate them back and forth so the cushioning lasts longer and I think that extends their life. I am definitely due for a couple new pairs, though!
Melissa recently posted..When All Else Fails

10 Lauren May 9, 2011 at 7:34 pm

I replace mine whenever they begin to look their age. Looks like you’re definitely in need of a new pair!
Lauren recently posted..Cheese- Wine and Trader Joe’s

11 Caitlin @ Southern Curls & Pearls May 9, 2011 at 8:52 pm

I had a smoothie today, also! Mine was very similar to yours, except I put in apple juice instead of the milk. It was the perfect day for one since it was so dern hot outside :)
Caitlin @ Southern Curls & Pearls recently posted..Gettin Crafty With It

12 Courtney May 9, 2011 at 10:32 pm

Ooooo, I never tried that! That sounds awesome :-D

13 Kelly May 9, 2011 at 8:55 pm

I had a smoothie for dinner tonight! It just sounded good so I rolled with it. That probably won’t hold me over completely so there will probably be a second dinner at some point. :)
Kelly recently posted..i related

14 Stefanie @TheNewHealthy May 9, 2011 at 9:19 pm

I replace my running shoes every 500 miles or so – at least that’s my goal! ;)

15 Grace May 9, 2011 at 10:41 pm

I replace my shoes when I feel them start to “break down” I think they give you a mileage but I might not actually reach it? I love fleet feet though! They’re shoe fitting made me stop having knee and hip pain:)
Grace recently posted..Guess I lied

16 Allie @ Healthy Balance, Healthy Life May 9, 2011 at 11:16 pm

Yeah Claires! I get lots of jewelry from Forever 21 and H&M. Yayy for keeping it affordable and cute!
Allie @ Healthy Balance, Healthy Life recently posted..Half Master

17 Khushboo May 9, 2011 at 11:23 pm

Gotta love forever 21! I replace my running shoes when they start looking wore down, about every 10 months or so! I swear by Asics!
Khushboo recently posted..Rock-bottom motivation

18 Tatum May 10, 2011 at 1:34 am

I think it was runners world where I read it but I read every 400 miles or 4 months, whichever comes first