Mark My Words

by Courtney on May 10, 2011

It’s been months in the making, but I finally have my new running sneakers in my possession.

My winning sneaker was the Asics GEL-Nimbus 12, which is actually a little different from my previous pair.

The reason I decided to go with the Nimbus 12 is because of their extreme cushioning. I run entirely on the balls of my feet, never heel-to-toe (hello, dancer for 18 years!) so I wanted something that would provide the extra cushion and comfort. These shoes fit really well, and when I compared them with the other shoe I was contemplating (the Asics GT-2160) these won the battle.

I’m not going to lie…I’m pretty psyched that the color just so happened to be pretty, too (I’ve learned that I can’t be picky about how a running shoe looks…but it’s tough).

And thanks to a couple gift cards and a coupon I spotted online, I was able to get my new kicks AND a new sports bra for only $9.60.

Plus, now I’ve got a $25.00 cash card to use next month. Saweeeeet!

********

Dinner

Tonight’s dinner was simple, but super delicious. Jay fired up the grill again, and cooked up a couple chicken breasts that I had marinating in one of my favorite dressings ever.

On the side, we had some leftover macaroni salad from my mom in-law,

and some awesome sautéed zucchini and tomatoes. You guys have seriously got to try this out. It was a nice change from my typical roasted zucchini flavors.

I’m definitely sensing something sweet will be in my future this evening. Now I’ve just got to figure out what

Ya know? Would it be too much to ask to have my own personal fro-yo machine stashed right in my own home? I’m telling you, if I ever win the lottery…mark my words right now…I will purchase my own fro-yo machine. You can count on that. Winking smile

Question for the Evening:

If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would buy?

1 Jenny (Fit Girl Foodie) May 10, 2011 at 7:36 pm

You just need a Cuisinart ice cream maker to make your own fro-yo! :D

2 Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) May 10, 2011 at 7:49 pm

Don’t stop at the fro yo machine — how about a little topping bar just like they have in the shops?!

Love the shoes, very pretty! My sister has had those before, I think she liked them a lot!
Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) recently posted..Apricot Ginger Mustard Scones with Bacon

3 Courtney May 10, 2011 at 9:53 pm

Topping bar…YES!!! :-D

4 Sarah @livelovexercise May 10, 2011 at 7:50 pm

Oh I love the look of the zuchinni and tomatoes dish! I love grape tomatoes, they are my favorite. I have to say if I won that lotto the first thing I would do is pay off my mortgage, then a fun new car for me! Hope you enjoy whatever “sweet” you have later!!

5 Danica May 10, 2011 at 8:02 pm

I have those EXACT same shoes! They’re great–good pick : )

6 Chelsea May 10, 2011 at 8:16 pm

If I won the lottery I would buy my parents a house, and my mom a new car!! Love the new shoes, I am desperate for a new pair but its not in the budget right now :( I do love idea of a fro-yo machine, but it would be so dangerous in my possession!
Chelsea recently posted..This Weekend

7 Kelly May 10, 2011 at 8:32 pm

If I won Lottery the first thing I would buy would be a lake house!!
Kelly recently posted..i related

8 Jardan May 10, 2011 at 8:50 pm

I love your new sneakers! They look very similar to mine, especially the colouring :)
If I won the lottery, the first thing I would buy… gosh it’s a toss up between 3 things:
– a second dog
– a house!
– a whole new fitness wardrobe :)

9 Erica May 10, 2011 at 8:51 pm

if i won the lottery, i’d buy….either a house, or a bunch of things on my “want, but can’t afford” list, like designer bags and shoes =)

10 Karen May 10, 2011 at 9:08 pm

What a great deal on your new shoes!! Gift cards are so great.

If I won the lottery, the first thing I would buy would be a DSLR camera! I would love to have one and to learn more about photography. Once I have the nice camera then I can spend more of my lottery winnings on great trips where I can take lots of pictures : )
Karen recently posted..Short Circuit

11 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey May 10, 2011 at 9:13 pm

zucchini and tomatoes look delicious!!!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..realist ravioli

12 Nikki May 10, 2011 at 9:18 pm

Best running shoes EVER! I have the same ones, well, I just retired the pink and am now switching it up with the blue/green color. Happy running!

13 Miranda @ Working Mom Works Out May 10, 2011 at 9:19 pm

Zucchini and tomatoes! Yummy!

And I would buy a house in Michigan <- So Adam could go see his kids whenever he wanted.
Miranda @ Working Mom Works Out recently posted..Pity Party Day

14 Melissa May 10, 2011 at 9:19 pm

TOTAL sucker for the cute shoes. Mine have little flowers on them. ‘Nuf said!

I love that zucchini combo–I need to remember that as a side. It looks delish!

I would hire someone to come over and do my hair and makeup every morning while I sipped coffee before work. Oh, wait. I won the lottery so I don’t have to work. Still want the style!
Melissa recently posted..Family Secrets

15 Lauren May 10, 2011 at 9:46 pm

I would buy a lifetime supply of milk chocolate!
Lauren recently posted..Jamaican Jerk Chicken Bowl – Meal for One

16 elizabeth @ the good life May 10, 2011 at 9:54 pm

Love the shoes. Reminds me….I need a new pair.
elizabeth @ the good life recently posted..Day at the K

17 Parita May 10, 2011 at 10:03 pm

That is quite a deal! Woo! And your meal looks so fresh and yummy!

18 Jess@atasteofconfidence May 10, 2011 at 10:06 pm

I love getting new sneakers— such a great motivator to run in the morning!
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..Summer Excitement

19 Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet May 10, 2011 at 10:36 pm

Just wondering, since you run on the balls of your feet, have you ever considered the barefoot running shoes? Or a minimalist shoe, since those are meant to train your feet to run on the balls?

But regardless, paying less than $10 for running shoes AND a bra is ridiculous!!! Good deal :)

If I won the lottery, I’d travel as much as I could, eat at nice restaurants and I’d buy a DSLR!
Liv @ The Salty n’ Sweet recently posted..The Real Deal

20 Courtney May 11, 2011 at 7:24 am

I’ve actually never considered it…but I’d be quite interested to see how they feel!

21 Kathryn May 10, 2011 at 11:15 pm

I’m going athletic shoe shopping in 2 days, wish I could get a deal like that! If I won the lotto, we’d pay off our debt, buy 2 new cars and a nice big house with it’s own gym, stocked with my fave workout equipment!

22 Sarah May 10, 2011 at 11:30 pm

i couldn’t imagine running only on the balls of my feet, although maybe i would never have injured my heel if i did! The macaroni salad looks REALLY good, has me craving a nice big BBQ so i can whip up a batch!
Sarah recently posted..3pm Slump

23 Khushboo May 11, 2011 at 12:33 am

Ohh I like the sound of a fro yo machine…since I’ll be ballin’ and all, thrown in a personal server who comes and change the flavors routinely so that I don’t get bored! I would also quit my job and travel around South America or Asia and pay for a friend to come with! Oh if only!
Khushboo recently posted..Rock-bottom motivation

24 Elena @ GagaForGrapefruit May 11, 2011 at 12:52 am

your shoes are so cute! and i’m IMPRESSED with that price! you’re quite the bargain-getter!
Elena @ GagaForGrapefruit recently posted..in an instant

25 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine May 11, 2011 at 7:39 am

If I won the lottery, I’d buy myself a penthouse apartment in NYC with park views. Ahh, a girl can dream!!
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..AOC

26 michelle May 11, 2011 at 8:15 am

I love sports authority! My husband and I always take advantage if their military discount

27 Christina May 11, 2011 at 10:33 am

Your new shoes are great! I love the first run with new sneakers.

If I won the lottery, the first thing I’d do is pay off my student loans!!! (and my sisters’ too). I know that’s lame but it would be SO nice to get that weight off of my shoulders and not have to worry about it for the next 10+ years ahaha.
Christina recently posted..Cookbooks &gt Textbooks

28 Chelsea M May 11, 2011 at 11:57 am

Love the shoes, I am about to retire my pair of the exact same ones! I love them so much I am planning to buy the same one,s however I’m not as lucky as you to get such a great discount! Enjoy the running…

29 Kristen May 11, 2011 at 12:43 pm

if i won the lottery, I would pay off my house and put money away for my kiddos school (private catholic school is expensive!)

30 Jessica @ Bake a Little May 11, 2011 at 3:13 pm

Your sneakers look so appealing I think its time I invested in a new pair as well! How are you such a good bargain shoppers, I really need to find some coupons because $9 for all that is too good to pass up!
Jessica @ Bake a Little recently posted..I Have a Problem

31 Sherri May 11, 2011 at 3:46 pm

I also love “cute” running shoes. I recently traded my signature pink for a white/bright orange to please my hubby. His exact words on my pink fettish is “everything you own that is pink doesn’t work so if your out running and I’m not with you I’d rather your shoes not be pink so as not to make you fall”. Well I tell him that I run with my phone so I can call if I get hurt, his smart a$$ response was “well your phones pink so it probably won’t be able to make an emergency call”. Just a side note, I’m very clumsy and don’t pay attention when I should :)

If I won the lottery, I’d take my dream vacation to Hawaii with my hubs, all our 6 kids and my mom.

32 Courtney May 11, 2011 at 4:41 pm

Hahaha, this made me laugh :)

33 Laura May 11, 2011 at 8:20 pm

i love that the shoes that suited your needs best are pink. i love when that happens.

i don’t saute enough, i think i might get back into it. i’m obsessed with baking/roasting veggies at the moment.
Laura recently posted..Freshen

34 Chelsa May 12, 2011 at 9:44 am

I love the new Asics. I had the same or very similar ones a few pairs ago…
Chelsa recently posted..Fashion Fitness and Food