Hurry Up, 5:00

by Courtney on May 12, 2011

“Cody, what’s up bud? What in the world are you staring at?”

“Oh nothing, mom. I’m just about to pounce on that amazing looking salad you made for lunch today. Don’t you worry about it…”

I guess I can’t blame him.

It was a pretty fantastic salad.

Honestly, it wasn’t much different from my typical, veggie-packed salads, but it was the addition of my leftover Sautéed Zucchini and Tomatoes that really took it from an 8 to a 10 on the awesome scale.

Super awesome. Except for the fact that it seems like anytime I eat a salad for lunch lately, my tummy blows up like a balloon. It’s so attractive…

*******

I don’t know about where you are today, but it is absolutely beautiful outside. Sunny, hovering around 70 degrees…it’s seriously my kinda day. What makes it even MORE exciting is that hubby and I are headed out for some fun later this evening, so it’s giving me something to look forward to. Unfortunately, it’s only 2:20…

Hurry up, 5:00! Smile

Question for the Afternoon:

It’s 5:00 on a Thursday, it’s beautiful outside, and you have no plans…what would be your ideal way to spend the evening?

1 Miranda @ working mom works out May 12, 2011 at 2:31 pm

My back porch swing, a glass of wine, the husband, and the youngin’ playing in the backyard = perfection.

2 Becca May 12, 2011 at 3:00 pm

A nice patio, a beer and good company!
Becca recently posted..Meet Miss Piggy

3 Erica May 12, 2011 at 3:32 pm

curled up on the couch w/the bf, watching a movie or tv :)

4 Heather @ Girlyeverafter May 12, 2011 at 3:37 pm

When I leave work @ 5 I’m going on a really good run with the dog. It’s too nice outside not to spend the evening out.
Heather @ Girlyeverafter recently posted..Wax on- Wax off

5 Ashley May 12, 2011 at 4:08 pm

Does Cody actually try to steal your food? One of my cats does. I once discovered him chowing down on a bowl of rasberries after I stepped away for a minute. I would swear he is part dog.

6 Courtney May 12, 2011 at 4:41 pm

Oh definitely! And he always tries to drink out of my glasses, too. He’s hilarious. :)

7 Cakewhiz May 12, 2011 at 4:17 pm

That is a lovely looking salad. And your kitty is ADORABLE! :)

8 Elena @ GagaForGrapefruit May 12, 2011 at 4:27 pm

it’s 90 degrees here! swimmmmmming here i come!
Elena @ GagaForGrapefruit recently posted..in an instant

9 Jillian May 12, 2011 at 4:57 pm

Grill something yummy and enjoy dinner with my boyfriend…then go for a long walk :)

10 Chelsa May 12, 2011 at 5:04 pm

yum that salad look so good! I think you just made me hungry.
Chelsa recently posted..Fashion Fitness and Food

11 Megan@Dirty Dishes Daily May 12, 2011 at 5:33 pm

I would love to go to a beach front cafe and spend the rest of the afternoon drinking coffee, reading a book, and eating pastries.

12 Morgan May 12, 2011 at 5:40 pm

Hanging out in my living room with my kids and boyfriend watching a movie, eating some great food and also listening to a thunder storm :)

13 aubrey @ italktofood May 12, 2011 at 8:13 pm

Oh your kitty is so cute!

I would want to wonder to trader joes or something and pick up some cheese, bread, fresh veggies and grapes. maybe some wine
and eat it all outside!
aubrey @ italktofood recently posted..too pretty outside to blog!

14 Cait @ Beyond Bananas May 12, 2011 at 8:26 pm

I totally like to get outside.. either take a walk.. go for a run.. be outside in the beautiful spring air. I have missed it so much!
Cait @ Beyond Bananas recently posted..One Month In – GIVEAWAY

15 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey May 12, 2011 at 9:25 pm

Well, this Thursday I am absolutely exhausted, so it was spent sitting on my couch! :)
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..realist ravioli

16 Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet May 12, 2011 at 9:37 pm

Haha my cat is definitely not a vegetarian. He wouldn’t give my salads a second glance if they didn’t have meat on them!

And I get pretty bloated when I eat a lot of veggies, too. It’s like I’m pregnant with a veggie baby…

Unfortunately, it’s pouring rain where I am, but if I could do anything at 5:00 it would be exploring a new area of this city and finding a hole in the wall for dinner. Plus dessert afterwards!
Liv @ The Salty n’ Sweet recently posted..Go for It

17 Khushboo May 12, 2011 at 11:25 pm

Hanging out al fresco with a good friend drinking something delicious!
Khushboo recently posted..Rock-bottom motivation