I’ll Give You One Guess

by Courtney on May 14, 2011

You know those days where you have something to do and you figure, ahhh alright, I’ll be back in a few hours? No big deal, so you don’t worry about leaving the outside lights on or making sure your cat’s food bowl is filled.

Yep, I had one of those days today. But not in a bad way, by any means! In fact, it was quite a fun day, filled with good food and great family.

Jay’s cousin just graduated from high school, so we headed over there this afternoon for his graduation party. Immediately upon our arrival, we were greeted with rainy weather, snacks and beer. I’ll take the latter over the rain any day.

You see that pile of cauliflower there? Yep…I dominated that. Halleluiah for being the only one at the table who liked the fluffy white florets. Mmmm mmmmm.

Luckily, we nabbed a spot under a tent, so our little group had a great time out of the rain, chatting, cracking jokes, arguing about golf handicaps, and admiring “the sweater.”

Yes, please take note of the sweater that Mike here is wearing. Since it was a little chillier than most of us anticipated, extra warm clothing was provided for the unprepared. While the sweater made its way to a few people, I believe that Mike definitely wore it best, so I had to be sure to nab a picture of him and his fiancé, Denise. He was actually quite excited to make his “first appearance on the blog,” even though I had to remind him that this already happened. Winking smile

It’s always so fun to be around good company like Sarah & Jeff, too.

Eventually, dinner was served…and I was not one to be shy!

I loaded my plate up with goods and ate every single thing you see here, minus the chicken tender-thingy. It got a little cold by the time I got to the food.

A couple more hours of chatting and laughing passed by, and I was then presented with a new adult beverage. I know there was vodka and cranberry juice involved…and I know it was tasty.

BUT…it was not quite as tasty as the dessert that was soon to follow!

I’ll give you one guess as to who made the cupcakes…

Her name starts with a “C” and it rhymes with “ourtney.” Winking smile

I was honored to be asked to make the cupcakes for today’s graduation party, and they appeared to be a pretty big hit. In addition to a special batch of my favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes,

I also made a mix of vanilla and chocolate cupcakes with vanilla buttercream; the ones with the white frosting even had a little surprise inside.

Red raspberry filling.

I was pretty pleased with the way they came out. So much so, in fact, that I went back for a second one. Hey, don’t judge…I’m the baker. Winking smile

Overall, it was a great day, but now I’m actually feeling pretty pooped, so it’s gonna be bedtime for this gal pretty soon.

Before signing off for the night, I have two things…

First, I’d just like to say a big HELLO & WELCOME to all of the new readers who stopped by today! I’m so glad that you did, and hope to continue to see you stick around. I promise, we have fun around here. Smile

And second, congratulations to the winner of my Belgian Chocolates Giveaway

chocolatewin

Lindsay of Living Lindsay!

Congrats, girl! Make sure to email me with your shipping info to sweettoothcourtney[@]gmail[.]com.

G’night ya’ll!

1 Katy (The Singing Runner) May 14, 2011 at 11:04 pm

Looks like a fun day and those cupcakes look divine! :)
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..I Have A Box

2 Chelsea May 14, 2011 at 11:09 pm

Your cupcakes look awesome! I’d go back for a second one……
Chelsea recently posted..Summer Recipe and New Trails

3 Brianna May 14, 2011 at 11:17 pm

Cupcakes look delicious! Such a good idea to add the filling!
Brianna recently posted..Done- done- and done!

4 Meagan May 14, 2011 at 11:22 pm

Seriously, you are a cupcake pro! Every time you make them, I am amazed at how good they look! I’m sure they were a hit!

5 khushboo May 15, 2011 at 12:04 am

The graduation caps add such a cute touch! Seriously woman, you NEED to open your own bakery..so much talent..spread the love :)

6 Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet May 15, 2011 at 12:34 am

Aw your cupcakes are too cute!! I love the graduation caps :)))) I seriously thought they were professionally made! I need to bring you in when I graduate college ;)
Liv @ The Salty n’ Sweet recently posted..Weekender Edition

7 Courtney May 15, 2011 at 11:44 am

Sounds good to me! ;)

8 Michelle (The Runner's Plate) May 15, 2011 at 12:41 am

Oh my! I want one of those cupcakes! Nice work!
Michelle (The Runner’s Plate) recently posted..Saturday’s 20 Miler

9 Amanda @ The Beauty Notebooks May 15, 2011 at 12:44 am

Your cupcakes always look delicious and fun! You should consider opening up a cupcake bakery ;)

10 Laura May 15, 2011 at 4:26 am

Hi, I’m a new reader who saw your guest post on Peanut Butter Fingers! The graduation cupcakes are so cute, how did you make the caps? I want to try it out sometime!

11 Courtney May 15, 2011 at 11:44 am

Hi Laura!
The grad caps were actually just plastic…can’t take credit for those. ;)

Thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you again :)

12 Kristi May 15, 2011 at 5:10 am

You did a great job on the cupcakes!
Kristi recently posted..Rainy Day

13 Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) May 15, 2011 at 7:01 am

The cupcakes look awesome, as usual, Courtney!
Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) recently posted..Peanut Butter Cherry Thumbprints Gluten Free

14 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine May 15, 2011 at 8:51 am

You did an AMAZING job with those cupcakes!! I’m not kidding when I say they look 10000x better than the cupcakes that were at my own graduation party. I think you have a calling….
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Protein Cereal

15 Miranda @ Working Mom Works Out May 15, 2011 at 9:19 am

Looks like fun!! And the cupcakes look amazing! You need your own bakery.

16 Jessica W. May 15, 2011 at 9:28 am

New reader here, via Peanut Butter Fingers! Glad I found your blog! You are one talented little cupcake maker :)

17 Courtney May 15, 2011 at 11:45 am

Thanks Jessica!
Thanks for reading…looking forward to seeing ya around ;)

18 Ally (oatsandspice) May 15, 2011 at 9:37 am

I love high school graduation parties :) My sisters are having theirs tonight – WOOHOO!

The cookie dough cupcakes look amazing! It looks like you all had a great time!
Ally (oatsandspice) recently posted..What I’m Loving

19 Brenda May 15, 2011 at 9:53 am

Another amazing hair day! I am “patiently” waiting for you to do a hair post. I think your hair always looks so smooth and pretty. I would love to know what products you use and the steps you take to style your hair.

20 Courtney May 15, 2011 at 11:46 am

Haha, thanks Brenda!

I’ve kind of been avoiding the topic only because I really don’t have much to offer in terms of advice! But I promise, I’ll have something this week :-D

21 Grace May 15, 2011 at 10:31 am

Aw the cupcakes look beautiful! Wish I could have a cookie dough one!
Grace recently posted..King of the Jungle

22 Kelly May 15, 2011 at 10:46 am

Sounds like fun! I just had to stop by and say that those cupcakes look so cute and delicious! Definitely one of the cutest I’ve seen yet! Good job!

23 Tori (Fresh Fruition) May 15, 2011 at 11:01 am

Looks like such fun! I love me some cupcakes. Those graduation cap ones are adorable! And raspberry filling? Can it get any better?!
Tori (Fresh Fruition) recently posted..Whole Foods Hot Bar

24 Megan@eatmybeets May 15, 2011 at 11:57 am

Those cupcakes look awesome! How did you first start experimenting with things like filling and special decorating? Did you take a class? Or did you just experiment?
Megan@eatmybeets recently posted..Keeping Promises AKA Lentil Pasta Sauce

25 Courtney May 15, 2011 at 12:15 pm

Thanks! I didn’t take any classes, although I am looking into a decorating one. As for fillings and such, I just began experimenting with different flavor combinations that I thought I would like. Experimenting is fun :)

26 Sarah May 15, 2011 at 12:16 pm

You know when you are a kid, and you think you can reach inside the T.V and grab out an object? Well I wanted to reach inside my computer screen and grab one of your cupcakes…they looked amazing!!

27 Kristen May 15, 2011 at 6:25 pm

those cupcakes are so cute! And whats with all the rain??? hhaha

28 Mac May 15, 2011 at 7:41 pm

The chocolate chip cupcakes look great!

29 Brittney May 16, 2011 at 9:03 am

Courtney, you really should open a cupcake business, those are SO CUTE! I love the sweater. That guy has major cojones :)
Brittney recently posted..Clyde Does Pet Palooza and I Do The Spa

30 Colleen May 17, 2011 at 6:07 pm

Hi! Love the raspberry filling idea so much I’m using it this Friday as part of my surprise blue cupcakes for a family dinner! Were having another baby boy and want to surprise everyone with the news! Did you use raspberry jam or pie filling? Thanks Colleen :)

31 Courtney May 17, 2011 at 8:39 pm

Congratulations, Colleen!! I think raspberry pie filling would be your best bet! :)