I’ll Betcha Didn’t Know…

by Courtney on May 15, 2011

You know, despite it being such a gloomy day, I have been in one of the best moods today!

Mid-afternoon, I started getting a bit hungry, so I made myself a small lunch. I kept it small because breakfast was consumed later than normal, and dinner was only a few hours away. And I really wasn’t in the mood to wash any dishes, so I really utilized my almost-empty cottage cheese container. I can be savvy when I want to be.

I combined the last of the cottage cheese with some plain Chobani, strawberries, and granola. Now before you start judging my ugly, horrendous-looking lunch, let me just tell you…it was delicious. You might not realize it from looking at it here, but I promise you. It was. Smile

Now…

I’ve got a bit of a secret to let you guys in on. For those of you who know me well enough, this is not exactly a secret…but let’s just pretend it is.

I’ll betcha didn’t know that…

I like to golf!

AND I have my own set of clubs…

AND they’re PINK. Open-mouthed smile

A trip to the driving range was actually what Jay and I had planned earlier in the week, and since we both really had the itch to go, we decided to brave the rain and head out anyways.

Normally, when we’ve gone in the past, we each get a bucket of balls, and I end up giving half of my bucket to Jay because I’m either bored, tired, sore, cranky, or frustrated. But today was a totally different story.

Maybe it was because I wasn’t able to get out once last year with my clubs, but today I was rarin’ and ready to go!

Seeing as though it had been almost 2 years, I prepped myself ahead of time to not get frustrated with the fact that I would probably stink up the place. I mean, I’m certainly no pro, and once I start to go downhill, it’s a pretty steep slope my friends.

But believe it or not, I rocked the driving range today! I was kickin’ butt and takin’ names. You can even see for yourself…

Courtney at the Driving Range!

Too bad that shot was more like a line drive than one of those fun ones way up in the air. I promise, I had a few of those, too. Winking smile

Jay was actually quite impressed, so he says. So much so, that he said he needed to test out my driver for himself…

I don’t know about you, but I think he looks good in pink?

About a quarter of the way through my bucket, I suddenly realized…

I had a golf glove I could use! How could I forget?? If only it had been insulated…

…because by the time I was finished with my bucket, I was absolutely chilled to the bone.

BRRRR!!! Even though it was fun, I don’t think I’ll be heading back out until the weather warms up again. It’s kind of hard to swing the club when I can’t feel my fingertips…

On our way home from the driving range, Jay and I stopped to pick up some dinner. We’ve both been craving pizza since Friday, and had planned on saving some for tonight.

Along with a dinky little side salad I made for myself, I had two slices of what could now possibly be one of my favorite pizzas, ever.

For the locals, we got the Mediterranean pizza from DaVinci’s, which was garlic & olive oil, roasted red peppers, tomatoes, spinach, feta, and mozzarella cheese.

It was ahhhhh-mazing. I really had to stop myself at two; however, the night is still young, and Jay and I have “Love and Other Drugs” to watch from Redbox. So we’ll see what happens…no promises. Winking smile

Question for the Night:

Have you ever tried golfing? (Yes, mini-golf counts!) Do you like it?

1 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey May 15, 2011 at 7:25 pm

You’re too cute! I’m not a golfer – the closest I get is putt putt, and I am NOT good at it!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..food phases

2 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles May 15, 2011 at 7:30 pm

My husband and I LOVE to golf! I have a great baby blue set of clubs, but I like your pink ones! :)
Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles recently posted..Weekend Snapshots

3 Samantha May 15, 2011 at 7:31 pm

LOVE the pink clubs! I have tried golf, it was ugly, I probably won’t try again! LOL I do love mini golf though!
Samantha recently posted..My First 15 And CUPCAKES!

4 Emily May 15, 2011 at 7:36 pm

suchhhhh a good movie! I hope you and Jay like it :) Well, I know you will at least because staring at a naked Jake Gyllenhaal for 2 hours is never bad, haha
Emily recently posted..mental roadblocks

5 Courtney May 15, 2011 at 10:14 pm

Haha…I had NO IDEA there was so much naked-ness happenin’ in this movie. Yikes! :-O

6 Lauren (Healthy Delicious) May 15, 2011 at 7:42 pm

I like to golf too! We should play sometime. :)

My clubs are purple. haha
Lauren (Healthy Delicious) recently posted..Orecchiette with Dried Tomatoes and Melted Leeks

7 pat May 15, 2011 at 7:50 pm

Oooooh, no golf for me!

8 Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) May 15, 2011 at 7:53 pm

I really want to learn to golf. I can imagine the driving range would be a great place to clear your mind! I love the pink clubs.
Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) recently posted..Peanut Butter Cherry Thumbprints Gluten Free

9 Melissa May 15, 2011 at 7:59 pm

Awe so cute! I would golf if I could have pink clubs! I am truly bad at any sport with a ball in it. I just don’t have the coordination for it–that’s why I run! ;)

Glad you guys made the best of the crummy weather!
Melissa recently posted..Carytown 10K

10 Jenny (Fit Girl Foodie) May 15, 2011 at 8:03 pm

Those are the cutest golf clubs I have ever seen!! I love it.
And I love making cottage cheese or greek yogurt concoctions even though they aren’t exactly the most aesthetically appealing ;)

11 Heather T May 15, 2011 at 8:03 pm

Mike and I watched that movie a couple weeks ago and both enjoyed it :)

12 Farrah May 15, 2011 at 8:18 pm

Cute clubs! It was super cold out there today, I can’t believe you managed to spend any amount of time outside! I like it, but I don’t think I’m all that good at it (yet). I’m hoping that I can brush up my skills enough to ever actually make it on the greens. I’m pretty much a sally and will only hit balls at the driving range! LOL
Farrah recently posted..Insalata di Farro

13 Courtney May 15, 2011 at 10:13 pm

Hahaha, the driving range is my favorite too!

14 Julia May 15, 2011 at 8:21 pm

I tried golfing with my family once at a public, small practice course where you could rent clubs. I had a great time until my then 9 year old little brother started beating me.. by a lot. The golfing experience ended with my grumpy and frustrated, but it is now one of my dad’s favorite stories to tell. “I remember when Julia had such a fit once James beat her at golf…” Lovely.
You make it look like so much fun, though!
Julia recently posted..A Smiling Dinner -

15 Amy May 15, 2011 at 8:27 pm

I love to golf sometimes (when it’s not right after a run) i am not very good but really enjoy par 3 courses :-) we also got married at a golf course right near our house and love going there when its beautiful out! i definitely am a fair weathered golfer…give me sun and i’m out there!
Amy recently posted..Hello Summerish weather

16 Jess (Sweet Potato) May 15, 2011 at 8:47 pm

I love that you have pink golf clubs! Cute!
Jess (Sweet Potato) recently posted..Trader Joes Blues

17 Krissie J May 15, 2011 at 9:56 pm

I love mini golfing even though I’m not very good at it. My bf golfs (or did, he’s getting back into it) and has talked about having me learn. It seems like it can be fun, but I’m not good with aiming so maybe I’ll stick to the mini variety for now.

18 Cynthia (It All Changes) May 15, 2011 at 10:09 pm

You are too adorable. I have done both but I used to be the mini-golf champion. My grandparents had a course at their retirement village and I kicked butt every time. That and pool :-)
Cynthia (It All Changes) recently posted..Simple Stress Relief

19 Colleen May 15, 2011 at 10:21 pm

I was on the golf team for two years in high school. They desperately needed more girls on the team, so a group of my friends all joined together. I was so terrible! Definitely had to pick up my golf ball after hitting the 13 stroke maximum at many, many holes during matches. It was fun though!

20 Courtney May 15, 2011 at 10:35 pm

That’s so awesome! I’ll bet it was a blast :)

21 Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy Living Girl" May 15, 2011 at 10:51 pm

Love the pink golf clubs! You looked like a regular pro :-). I played golf one time in my entire life back in high school. I was horrible, to say the least. But, the time does stick out in my mind because I was with a good group of people and even though I was bad at golf, I had a great time trying!
Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy Living Girl” recently posted..Mini Me Invades My Kitchen

22 Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet May 15, 2011 at 11:01 pm

I love mini golf, but real golf completely scares me! I’m pretty sure I’d have no idea what I’m doing :( But I’d definitely want to try at least once. You’ve definitely got the moves!

Hm I actually didn’t like Love and Other Drugs. I didn’t really like Anne Hathaway’s character or the chemistry. But, obviously, Jake Gyllenhaal is still a cutie :D
Liv @ The Salty n’ Sweet recently posted..When it Rains

23 Jardan May 15, 2011 at 11:02 pm

Your golf clubs are adorable! I have only ever tried mini-golf and I always have so much fun playing it, especially against my partner. We just continually tease and taunt each other lol

24 Anna @ ciaotochow May 15, 2011 at 11:19 pm

I think I like golfing, and I usually do, until I hit about 5 balls or golf 1 or 2 holes…and remind myself how terrible I am. Lessons can’t even help me! haha. Oh, by the way…I tried 2 of your recipes this weekend and got RAVE reviews — I can’t wait to try some more :)

25 Courtney May 16, 2011 at 6:37 am

Awesome!! Which ones did you try?? :)

26 Anna @ ciaotochow May 16, 2011 at 9:26 pm

My sister and I made your Chicken ‘n Penne Pesto and Chocolate PB Cup Cupcakes w/PB Frosting. OMG her middle schoolers were absolutely, 100% loving those ‘cakes. Rave reviews, girl! Thanks so much. I now have 80 new best friends :) Oh, and I did a blog post about ‘em if you’re interested in reading! (linking to your recipe, of course)

27 Anna @ ciaotochow May 16, 2011 at 9:30 pm

My site is ciaotochow.wordpress.com, by the way. It accidentally linked to my e-mail instead — whoops!

28 Khushboo May 15, 2011 at 11:35 pm

Never tried golf but I think I would if pink golf clubs were in the picture :D
Khushboo recently posted..Blondes have more fun

29 Cara May 16, 2011 at 4:49 am

I’m not much of a golfer, but I do enjoy it. I cannot stand to watch people play golf though, I used to tell my dad when I was little that it was like watching the grass grow.

30 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries May 16, 2011 at 7:13 am

Cory’s teaching me how to play! The weather has been crappy here recently – and I’m not as dedicated as you. I’ll wait until it’s a nice, sunny, 70 degree day for my next lesson :)

31 Courtney May 16, 2011 at 9:44 am

That’s what I’m waiting for now, too. ;)

32 Brittney May 16, 2011 at 7:32 am

Ah, nice! I actually golf some too! I have clubs and play about twice a year probably. I took lessons one summer and I think I’d actually good if I really spent the time and money I need to on practicing. It’s expensive though and I really don’t have the time to devote to it at this point in my life. I’m hoping some day I’ll get more in to it though. My whole family LOVES golf, so they’d love it if I played more :)
Brittney recently posted..Clyde Does Pet Palooza and I Do The Spa

33 Sarah May 16, 2011 at 8:05 am

I’ve tried golfing…but I’m not a fan. When ever I’m walking around the course I’m in constant fear I’m going to get hit in the head with a ball. Clearly I’ve had too many middle school gym balls in the head.
Sarah recently posted..First Half Marathon Recap

34 Kelly May 16, 2011 at 9:06 am

I am terrible at golf!!! I only actually hit the ball probably 1 out of every 50 balls! ha!
Kelly recently posted..i want to be a mom

35 Kristen May 16, 2011 at 11:52 am

I have never tried golfing, but I know Im not a big fan of wathcing it haha. But I love putt putt (as does my son haha)