Time To Restock

by Courtney on May 15, 2011

Happy Sunday! How’s everyone’s day going so far?

Thanks so much for all the compliments on yesterday’s cupcakes…I’m glad ya’ll liked ‘em!

Mine has been great, indeed. Productive, however, it has not. Jay and I were actually hoping to do a little yard work this morning, but were unfortunately presented with this scene upon waking…

Womp Womp…

Luckily, I’ve had a few things to keep me cheery this morning, like my beautiful daisies (we’re goin’ on three weeks here, people…this is huge)

a few good laughs with hubby and my crazy cat,

and a fantastic breakfast.

The damp, dreary weather had me craving a warm, cozy breakfast, so buckwheat was the name of the game.

I put together my usual buckwheat bowl:

But as I’m sure you already know, it was the toppings that made the bowl. Duh.

Today’s toppings were some of my cranberry almond granola, and a whopping 2 tablespoons of PB2, but mixed with just a hint of honey. Yes, think honey roasted peanut butter. To die for.

I realized while making today’s breakfast that it is officially time to restock. My buckwheat is down to less than a serving, and I’m now completely out of PB2. Looks like I’ll have to be making another purchase on iHerb…and hey, just in case you were planning on doing the same, don’t forget:

You can get $5.00 off your first order by entering the following coupon code at checkout: SAZ564.

As for my PB2, I really need to order some more, however…I don’t think I really need 4 jars.

Since this is the only way that I can order the PB2, if anyone else is interested in going in on an order with me, shoot me an email (sweettoothcourtney@gmail.com) and maybe we can get something together??

Alright, I think it’s time to go try and be productive…but it is not easy with this weather. All I want to do is stay curled up under my warm cozy blanket!

Question for the Morning:

Do you find that the weather effect your moods/productivity?

1 Lauren May 15, 2011 at 12:19 pm

I saw some on Amazon for relatively cheap. And also, if you have a “.edu” address then you can qualify for free 2 day shipping on a lot of items : ) not sure if it is less expensive but hey, you don’t have to buy 4!

2 Kathryn May 15, 2011 at 12:20 pm

I live in Phoenix, where it gets to be 115 or higher in the summer. Once we hit 110, I really don’t like leaving the house, especially if it’s not early morning.

3 Miranda @ Working Mom Works Out May 15, 2011 at 12:29 pm

Yes and yes. It’s dreary here, too. I want to do nothing. Luckily, I’ve already had a shower.

4 Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy Living Girl" May 15, 2011 at 12:30 pm

Well you made that delicious breakfast. That’s more productive than meee! I think I use the weather as an excuse to be lazy. hehe. It’s rainy here as well and I was sooooo tempted to stay in but my brother is in town, so alas, I must suffer the rain so I can see my dear brother :-). I’ll have to put some good tunes on the ol’ ipod to go meet him to cheer me up from the dreary weather.
Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy Living Girl” recently posted..Girl vs Spaghetti Squash – Round 2- Nach-yo Typical Spag Squash

5 Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet May 15, 2011 at 12:30 pm

Oh yea the weather definitely affects my mood and productivity. When it rains I’m actually way more productive because I can’t get distracted, since I don’t want to leave the house. But my mood tanks :( I’m definitely a sufferer of SAD!

Mmm honey roasted PB sounds amazing…
Liv @ The Salty n’ Sweet recently posted..When it Rains

6 Kristen May 15, 2011 at 12:43 pm

I totally agree with Liv! When it’s rainy I tend to be more productive at work because I’m not sitting there looking out the window daydreaming about what I’d rather be doing…and my mood is usually about as sunny as that gray sky outside said window;) The winter can be really tough because it’s typically always freezing, overcast, and blah & I feel both my mood/productivity seems to suffer, which is why I plan to move to California=)

7 Khushboo May 15, 2011 at 12:32 pm

Rainy days always make be feel lazy! Combine them with a Sunday and chances are nothing will get done!
Khushboo recently posted..Blondes have more fun

8 Melissa May 15, 2011 at 12:41 pm

Yep, I’m useless on these gloomy days, too! I’m thinking about going to a movie by myself later just to get out of the house!

And since I just saw last night’s post, too, I just wanted to say that your cupcake order turned out so cute! I really hope you can pursue this passion as a career–you’re so great at it!
Melissa recently posted..Carytown 10K

9 Lauren May 15, 2011 at 1:01 pm

Mmm that bowl looks amazing, I really need to try PB2! Yeah I find it very hard to be energetic when it’s grey and raining out, it’s nearly impossible. And when it’s clear and sunny I feel much more motivated and productive!
Lauren recently posted..First Day of Freedom

10 Kate May 15, 2011 at 1:14 pm

I havent tried pb2 yet but yours looks so creamy and delicious I might need to. Can you not get it in stores?

11 Courtney May 15, 2011 at 1:43 pm

You can get it in stores…just none that around me. :(

12 Lisa @ I'm an Okie May 15, 2011 at 1:17 pm

Weather definitely affects my mood! I like all weather, just depends on how I am feeling ya know?

13 Courtney May 15, 2011 at 1:43 pm

I hear ya!

14 Farrah May 15, 2011 at 1:25 pm

The cupcakes came out really good! Did you use a gel coloring or the drops for the blue frosting? I’ve been hit or miss with some of them colors tasting bad in the frosting. I’ve had better luck with the Wilton gels lately.
Farrah recently posted..Insalata di Farro

15 Courtney May 15, 2011 at 1:42 pm

Yep! It was a gel :)

16 Jillian May 15, 2011 at 1:48 pm

Netrition.com allows you to order by the jar, plus they have Bob’s Red Mill products and its 4.95 flat rate shipping and usually comes in like 2 days! Also, if you spend a certain amount you get a discount.

17 Amy May 15, 2011 at 2:24 pm

Wish I was closer because I also just realized I was out of pb2.

18 Ally (oatsandspice) May 15, 2011 at 2:31 pm

I have been dying to order some of the PB2 – iHerb is def. the best site! I just stocked up on 1000 packets of NuNaturals stevia from iHerb :)
Ally (oatsandspice) recently posted..What I’m Loving

19 pat May 15, 2011 at 2:34 pm

Weather effects my mood too, but I was determined today….I planted my spring flowers in the rain! This way I won’t have to worry about watering for a few days!!!

20 Courtney May 15, 2011 at 2:54 pm

You’re an animal!! ;)

21 briana May 15, 2011 at 4:28 pm

hey courtney,
do you think having pb2 helps you save pb calories? I eat pb like it’s my job and am wondering if you recommend pb2 ?

22 Courtney May 15, 2011 at 7:29 pm

PB2 definitely has fewer calories and fat than regular peanut butter (45 calories and 1.5g fat for 2 tbsp) but I’m picky about how I eat it. I’ve tried it on toast and in a sandwich before, and I definitely prefer to have regular pb for that. But if I mix it into something (like yogurt or my oats) I really enjoy being able to change the consistency, and I can get a whole lot of it!

23 Merrie@ Strawberrylaces May 15, 2011 at 4:53 pm

When I saw your question about weather I knew I had to comment: I’ve always prided myself on how the weather doesn’t effect me, rain or shine. I love a good thunderstorm. But boy did I get it handed to me since we’ve been in England for a semester abroad for the past 6 months. I am SO ready for sunshine!!

Great post btw. Love the cat.

24 Courtney May 15, 2011 at 7:26 pm

Thanks! And I’m with ya…I love a good thunderstorm, too ;)

25 Mary @ Bites and Bliss May 15, 2011 at 5:18 pm

Rain actually putswme in a much better mood. I love rainy, cool mornings. :) Although only if I had planned on staying indoors and baking all day.

26 Diana Amy May 15, 2011 at 5:58 pm

It is absolutely amazing how much the weather can affect my mood – I’ll find myself inexplicably lethargic and melancholy or totally energized and elated and spend half the day wondering why, until I realize…it’s just the weather!

Glad to see you’re keeping your spirits up despite the gloom!

27 Krissie J May 15, 2011 at 6:00 pm

Absolutely! Rainy days make me want to lounge about all day and take too many naps. Overly hot days make me wish I was on a beach. The weather we had the last two weeks were great for productivity. Warm but not too hot, sunny, and not humid. The breakfast looks delish!

28 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey May 15, 2011 at 7:57 pm

Oh gosh – the weather TOTALLY affects my mood/productivity. I just wrote about this yesterday! I also had a nice hot breakfast this morning. Just what I wanted!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..food phases

29 Courtney May 15, 2011 at 10:14 pm

Haha, I actually read that pretty much right after I posted it! I giggled to myself ;)

30 Stephanie May 15, 2011 at 8:57 pm

you can order pb2 individually on netrition.com for 3.99 and they are actually located in albany!!! i order everything from there. its great!

31 Courtney May 15, 2011 at 10:12 pm

I actually just found out about them, but had NO IDEA they were from Albany. So cool! Thanks! :-D

32 Melissa May 16, 2011 at 8:42 am

I’m not sure if someone already wrote this, but if you don’t want to buy 4 jars of PB2 you can get it on Netrition.com and they sell them in singles (for the same price as Bell Plantation). Hope that helps!

33 Melissa May 16, 2011 at 8:43 am

Oops I just realized the person literally right above me already wrote that!

34 Courtney May 16, 2011 at 9:43 am

Thanks, girls! Someone actually did mention this to me yesterday and I plan on using that :)

35 Kristen May 16, 2011 at 11:48 am

I have never tried PB2..I wish they had it in stores, instead of having to order it online…